Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ...
3
4
5
6
7
... LastLast
  1. #81
    I am Murloc! draykorinee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Ciderland, arrgh.
    Posts
    5,787
    I am majorly laughing out what a major waste of time this thread is. Blizzard does not have any majorly control over what I say or do.

  2. #82
    High Overlord
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Lake Zurich
    Posts
    139
    Quote Originally Posted by Wafffles View Post
    Let me get this straight. They are releasing a patch they consider major, and called it major twice. It is in fact not major, but we all foolishly believed them and only you saw through the disguise. That about right?

    Hey everyone, I am an alien from the planet Gorbaloob 23. That's right, I am an alien from the planet Gorbaloob 23.

    Get to work OP. There's going to be a lot of frightened lemmings out there. The fate of the human race lies in your hands.
    Gorbaloobians!!!! We're dooooomed!!!!1111!!!!

  3. #83
    Quote Originally Posted by muchtoohigh View Post
    Amazing that you could quote what you did and still not get it. Whether it is or is not a major patch in technical terms is irrelevant Its the fact that Blizzard has to specifically TELL US multiple times that its a major patch, rather than let the content speak for itself. Its like a car salesman going, "Yes and the ALL NEW 2012 model features a MAJOR UPDATE, with fuel economy increasing from 21mpg to 21.5mpg. This MAJOR IMPROVEMENT is sure to satisfy our customers!"
    So you are saying that your car salesman should be saying "Yes, we have a 2012 model that is slightly better than the last one, not much of an improvement really".

    Ignoring the fact their use of the term "Major patch" for patches X.X (which is very relevant, but you're more worried about the adjective major and why they are using it), why would they put in a PTR if it was as you say, "fluff "content.""?

    Also, are you really getting annoyed at them trying to deliver content faster?

    Do you have any extra tinfoil?

  4. #84
    Moderator MoanaLisa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Pacific Northwest, USA
    Posts
    10,394
    Quote Originally Posted by muchtoohigh View Post
    Yeah really annoyed...I lose sleep over MMO posts about WoW almost every night.
    I find Xanax helpful
    If you have anything to contribute to a thread topic, please do so. Discussing moderation or calling out specific people is against the rules and makes a post liable for an infraction. Please report problem posts. If anyone is unclear about the rules please read our FAQ. Thanks.

    It's a magical world, Hobbes, ol' buddy...let's go exploring!

  5. #85
    Quote Originally Posted by muchtoohigh View Post
    Yeah really annoyed...I lose sleep over MMO posts about WoW almost every night. I would agree with you that this is a smaller patch, which is my entire contention.
    The way phrased it in the OP however makes it sound like you think it's the crime of the century ergo where the misconception likely stems from...

  6. #86
    Quote Originally Posted by phillipisawarlock View Post
    No, you get called a hater because all you do on this forum is bitch and bitch about nothing. That's all you do and whenever someone doesn't agree with you, they're a fanboy. Get over yourself and simply leave the forums if you dislike the game/company so much.
    ^everything this guy says is spot on.
    I'd like to thank the OP for making my day at work slightly less uninteresting. People like you can never, and will never be happy about anything.

  7. #87
    Quote Originally Posted by ripkurrle View Post
    So you are saying that your car salesman should be saying "Yes, we have a 2012 model that is slightly better than the last one, not much of an improvement really".

    Ignoring the fact their use of the term "Major patch" for patches X.X (which is very relevant, but you're more worried about the adjective major and why they are using it), why would they put in a PTR if it was as you say, "fluff "content.""?

    Also, are you really getting annoyed at them trying to deliver content faster?

    Do you have any extra tinfoil?
    I never called anything fluff. I understand that anyone who has something to peddle is going to do everything in their power to sell it, obviously dressing things up a little bit through wording is one way to do that. My thing is that I have never in the past seen Blizzard resort to such blatant use of propaganda to sell their product.

    *~To change one's life: Start immediately. Do it flamboyantly.~*

  8. #88
    Pandaren Monk Twilightdawn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    In your dreams, and in your nightmares
    Posts
    1,867
    Quote Originally Posted by muchtoohigh View Post
    The point was that they said it at all. Its a very clear attempt of influencing players to believe this is a 'major patch' based on how Blizzard describes it, instead of players basing their opinion on the actual features in the patch.
    Its hardly desperate, they say its major because it IS major, if it wasn't it would be something small, and minor, like 5.05B, its happened before, if you're seriously that suspicious, try the PTR when it goes live

  9. #89
    Quote Originally Posted by muchtoohigh View Post
    I never called anything fluff. I understand that anyone who has something to peddle is going to do everything in their power to sell it, obviously dressing things up a little bit through wording is one way to do that. My thing is that I have never in the past seen Blizzard resort to such blatant use of propaganda to sell their product.
    Why are you so angry a company is trying to sell something? It's rather unclear.

  10. #90
    Quote Originally Posted by muchtoohigh View Post
    I had to laugh when I read the 5.1 announcement from Blizz, which basically amounts to a paragraph of propaganda. Just look at the bolded parts:


    The fact that they have to remind us twice of how 'major this patch is', just reeks of desperation to quiet the grumblings about slow updates in the past. If you actually look at these 'major features' objectively, these are things that are barely worthy of a press release, let alone an entire patch. UI fixes for pet battles? A minigame? An exciting paragraph this is ultimately describing...daily quests? These things are considered major features now in wow? And is a simple point conversion from one stat to another really a 'major feature' of the first real content patch?

    Remember when daily quests were a chore to get through so you could get to the fun stuff? Kind of sad that dailies are now the real meat of endgame.
    You conveniently forgot to also highlight the word "glimpse", ie, this is far from all of what 5.1 is bringing. In other words, you're acting like sex sucks because you happened to see a girl changing clothes with her blinds open. See? Getting a glimpse of something is not the same as getting the whole thing mate.

    So basically, think you can try hold off crying about the patch until we actually know what it's bringing? Maybe once you get more than a glimpse you'll find it a lot more enjoyable.

  11. #91
    Quote Originally Posted by muchtoohigh View Post
    Yeah really annoyed...I lose sleep over MMO posts about WoW almost every night.
    Well now if this isn't the most pathe.... dude it's just a game.

  12. #92
    Pandaren Monk Twilightdawn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    In your dreams, and in your nightmares
    Posts
    1,867
    Quote Originally Posted by muchtoohigh View Post
    I applaud you for being able to recognize what Blizzard's intentions are - quite a bit more than I can say for the fanboys in this thread.
    And by that you mean you applaud him for agreeing with you?

  13. #93
    Quote Originally Posted by vizzle View Post
    What I find funny is that people actually think that they'll release 5.1 this year.

    This is why we take History class, so that we don't act like imbeciles when it comes to predicting. Never once has a major content patch come out so soon after the expansion. It'll be out by the end of Q1.
    Not sure if that's subtle sarcasm or not....

    If not, well we HAVE been remembering history and it shows us that every Major patch which has taken 6+ months to come out has always included A RAID ... This patch does not include a Raid and will be 3-4 months MAX, I'd say 100% it'll be out before the year is up.

    Also to the OP: Seriously get a Grip, yes it's not a "Massive Patch" with a proper raid, but it's still a 'Major Update'. You use the Car analogy but what you forget is that even though the 2013 Model of a Car might only increase Fuel Economy, the Engineers are probably working on the next big thing and 2014 or 2015 models might have insane improvements and so of course a Salesmen is going to want to talk up his Product to sellout of the 2013. Blizzard is no different, they've got a raid on the way, which will HOPEFULLY be good and this is just a inbetween patch to progress the story. They are simply talking it up, like every PR department does.

  14. #94
    Quote Originally Posted by kage View Post
    Why are you so angry a company is trying to sell something? It's rather unclear.
    I guess because I feel they are being deceptive. I do understand they need to sell their product. It just just seems like they are leading the playerbase into a false mindset of expectations for WoW, trying to put out as little content as possible but sell it as something big. And yes I realize that is how most companies work, but I don't have to like it.

    *~To change one's life: Start immediately. Do it flamboyantly.~*

  15. #95
    Quote Originally Posted by muchtoohigh View Post
    You like 90% of the other fanboys in this thread missed the point. I never said a major patch can only be defined by a raid. I never said dailies don't count as content. All I said is that Blizz is drumming this patch up to be a lot more than it is. And I have yet to see anyone give any proof that Blizzard themselves have ever used the term 'major patch' before, because I have certainly never seen them use it.
    I don't think people are really that gullible for this reason.

    And no one's really posting about how "Amazing" patch 5.1 is gonna be and I'm not really convinced that Blizzard's really trying that hard.

    If they really wanted to, they would drum it up better.

  16. #96
    Quote Originally Posted by muchtoohigh View Post
    I guess because I feel they are being deceptive. I do understand they need to sell their product. It just just seems like they are leading the playerbase into a false mindset of expectations for WoW, trying to put out as little content as possible but sell it as something big. And yes I realize that is how most companies work, but I don't have to like it.
    Maybe you give people to little credit. Also as multiple people have said including myself "major" is the title assigned to any non-hotfix patch.

  17. #97
    Quote Originally Posted by muchtoohigh View Post
    I never called anything fluff. I understand that anyone who has something to peddle is going to do everything in their power to sell it, obviously dressing things up a little bit through wording is one way to do that. My thing is that I have never in the past seen Blizzard resort to such blatant use of propaganda to sell their product.
    You have got to be kidding me. Perhaps they are calling it MAJOR because of the MAJOR amount of work that will have to go into this patch, or perhaps it's because they are adding NEW things never before added into the game.
    Brawler’s Guild
    Underground fighting rings have sprung up in Stormwind and Orgrimmar that will give brawlers a chance to earn bragging rights by testing their solo PvE mettle against some of the toughest creatures found in World of Warcraft. The first rule of brawls is you don’t talk about brawls. The second rule…
    That is one big chance. Do you know the amount of work it takes just in coding to make something like this possible? That's new content too, new gear/rewards. It's fairly major.
    Item Upgrades
    You will be able to spend Valor Points to improve the item level and quality of gear you already own.
    Something else we have never been able to do before therefore NEW feature.

    I am only going to hit on these two because if you can't see that new dailies are going to add new content ect. then I am sorry you are beyond help. Who cares they used MAJOR twice in the post.
    People are calling you a hater because it's obvious you are.
    GW2 Sig Check.
    Making ridiculous threads about how Blizzard is screwing people. Check
    Calling people fanboi's when they tell you this is silly. Check.

    Most of the list of being a hater is there. I mean damn dude, who cares? If it's not major let the players decide that when it comes out, there is no reason to run around screaming the sky is pooping on us without there being a cloud in the sky.
    Last edited by GeekyArcher; 2012-10-06 at 05:55 AM.

  18. #98
    Quote Originally Posted by GeekyArcher View Post
    Most of the list of being a hater is there. I mean damn dude, who cares? If it's not major let the players decide that when it comes out, there is no reason to run around screaming the sky is popping on us without there being a cloud in the sky.
    Yeah thats my point. No needs me to tell them the patch sucks, and no needs Blizzard to tell them the patch will be amazing. How about players just decide based on the actual features in the patch, not on the marketing PR Blizzard spews out.

    And if you read my post history you will see i'm not really much of a GW2 fan, to say the least.

    *~To change one's life: Start immediately. Do it flamboyantly.~*

  19. #99
    People is really stupid to pick on something pointless as this. Really OP you don't have aything better to do than this?

  20. #100
    Quote Originally Posted by muchtoohigh View Post
    The point was that they said it at all. Its a very clear attempt of influencing players to believe this is a 'major patch' based on how Blizzard describes it, instead of players basing their opinion on the actual features in the patch.
    Makes me wonder what do you think when a shopkeeper winks at you Probably means interpol is following you ...

    What's the worst that can happen to you ...

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •