Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Sengura View Post
    It took me 40 seconds to write that, I think I can afford it after losing 100+ hours on my Monk.

---------- Post added 2012-10-06 at 11:47 PM ----------

Yeah, well, we don't all have the luxury of not having jobs or a social life to level up that many classes to 85. Some of us have limited computer time and have to choose carefully what we use it on.
    100+ hours in less than 2 weeks is not even close to "limited computer time".

You're just not enjoying the class, which is fine! Just... get your stories straight.

10+ Year Old Account
    Omg...and continuing to come back here and update us is nuts in itself.

Another 40 seconds?

I think you're addicted.

Quote Originally Posted by Angarin View Post
    Windwalkers are poor in pvp, I haven't heard anything about brewmaster, heard they were "decent" mistweavers though
    ^ This. I've yet to run in to any monks in bgs besides myself. As soon as I got to 90, I saw 1 other in a bg and he was getting trained just as hard as i was (both WW spec). Brewmaster is just an annoying target that is hard to kill but isn't going to kill you, and Mistweaver is alright. Going to run thug cleave as soon as I get my hunter to 90, but sub in a Mist weaver monk for heals / dispels, and some added dps.

Until Blizz fixes Monks, I doubt they'll ever be viable in mid / high end PvP. Not even that viable in low-end PvP.

its ok just wait 1-2 patchs till WW monks get buffed

Surprised the thread went this long before it was said... but this is an MMO. Who is good at PvP will change with every patch.

Not enjoying it now? Wait a while.
    Quote Originally Posted by xxAkirhaxx View Post
    Blizzard is a conglomerate that through lower sub numbers has raised revenue. They're not stupid, they're just not catering to you.
    Yes yes, I know, the sky just bonked you on the head, casuals are taking over the government, and some baddie just got a raid drop... I think you'll live.

http://darisdroppings.wordpress.com

they undertuned monks because of s5

they'll fix them, but right now it's a helluva lot easier to kill shit with other specs

I've actually been enjoying Monk in PVP. Had good fun 2v2ing with my Ret pally mate. Upfront damage is good, gap closers are good when used right, and don't even get me started on how AMAZING Touch of Karma is.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    Go put some pants on.

Quote Originally Posted by Divineknight13 View Post
    its ok just wait 1-2 patchs till WW monks get buffed
    What makes you think it's WW that's going to get buffed? Blizz has stated that they want every class to have atleast 1 viable PvP spec and since mistweaver is closer to that viability than windwalker they're propably going to just slightly buff mistweaver.

Quote Originally Posted by zorkuus View Post
    What makes you think it's WW that's going to get buffed? Blizz has stated that they want every class to have atleast 1 viable PvP spec and since mistweaver is closer to that viability than windwalker they're propably going to just slightly buff mistweaver.
    I believe they meant that for classes with multiple damage options - hunter mage rogue etc
    Regen#1804 need NA overwatch friends.

Quote Originally Posted by Zik3l View Post
    I've actually been enjoying Monk in PVP. Had good fun 2v2ing with my Ret pally mate. Upfront damage is good, gap closers are good when used right, and don't even get me started on how AMAZING Touch of Karma is.
    Yeah, Touch of Karma is really amazing, but the problem is with something else. Monks have a lot of spells that need aim, and as we know there is something like "game lag". While You think that a target is close to Your character, that is not really true, because he is some yards away. So that's why You are missing with Your Fists of Fury, Fire Flower, Leg Sweap / Charging Ox Wave, etc...
    And for example of the spell named Disable - some of the classes have a passive slow - ferals, dks, retri (when talented), warriors... Obviously they dont have a snare if used second time, but I'd rather have a passive slow than a snare for few seconds..

As most of said already - we have to wait. Unfortunately.

I am a menace to my own destiny.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Seibei View Post
    Not to be "that guy", but this went from Monks being terrible in PvP to you admitting you might just not be good with the class in PvP. Then saying that you enjoy playing a Warrior more, even if they aren't the best class, back to Monks being terrible in PvP.

They probably just aren't your cup-of-tea (or pint-of-brew, if you will).
    +1

ok I'll stop trolling, no infraction needed.

Moving in x and y axis? Glyph flying serpent kick to have a target.
    Being kited? Root them and roll to them....
    It just seems like you are being outplayed

Deleted
    Well to me it sounds you sir just sucks in pvp, i am completly owning and enjoying everything on my WW monk, i love the highskill cap, less nabs like you.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ipaq View Post
    People PvPing in any MMO build around the WoW model make me laugh.

When will you understand that its a joke... its all about FoTM Class/Spec, Comp, Win Trading Vents and RNG.

Then there is the factor than most of you PvP QQers are just randoms in BG.

Want to PvP and be taken seriously? Play a game with real PvP competition (which most FPS are).
    ..facepalm

No one considers FPS games to be 'pvp. You may as well say Madden is PVP. What you mean is ONLINE multiplayer video games. PVP has generally always been to refer to MMO and RPG multplayer games.

I also laugh how everyone that says WoW PVP is a joke never has been Gladiator or anything to show they've actually done it at the max level and know what they're talking about.

Deleted
    havnt played WW in PvP yet, however mistweaver is such a fun in PvP. I feel so tanky, so mobile and effective in rnd bgs. Havnt played arena or rbgs yet, however I really like the playstyle of Mistweaver in PvP.
    I have seen some crazy WW monks in Warsong / Eye with Goblin Glider and 3 rolls and serpent kick.

I've been doing just fine as mistweaver. Decent mobility, strong fast heals, hit 2k yesterday (albeit in 2s).

I will say however that WW is 100% not viable in PvP right now. It's really not even close. The degree to which it is outclassed by similar roles is staggering. The sheer amount of changes that they would need to put in the game to make WW PvP-viable makes me think that it may never happen.

Quote Originally Posted by ClimacticGaming View Post
    This will happen a million times here soon...it was bound to happen.
    I suspect around the time more balancing happens there will be a lot of people leaving. Monk is new... don't see how people don't get that.