Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Atrahasis View Post
    This is exactly what I'm talking about and exactly why I don't start threads in this forum. I must be a HORRID player if I can't commit to a raid schedule. You've just reaffirmed my opinion about the people who constantly defend them.
    If you don't (or can't) raid consistently why do you need raid-level gear?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by crejack View Post
    Challenge mode = you have no argument and are just bitching RNG hate you.
    No I think I have a very good argument and I am neither the only one making it nor am I the first one to make it. It isn't a question of pure difficulty. It's a question of reward. Heroic dungeons aren't rewarding enough by any comparative or relative measure. The fact that Blizzard thinks they are is stunning.

---------- Post added 2012-10-06 at 08:54 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by clevin View Post
    If you don't (or can't) raid consistently why do you need raid-level gear?
    As much as this might shock you even people who don't raid or can only raid very casually still like to progress their characters and watch them grow and become something strong and powerful.
    Last edited by Glorious Leader; 2012-10-06 at 08:57 PM.
    The hammer comes down:
    Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    Normal should be reduced in difficulty. Heroic should be reduced in difficulty.
    And the tiny fraction for whom heroic raids are currently well tuned? Too bad,so sad! With the arterial bleed of subs the fastest it's ever been, the vanity development that gives you guys your own content is no longer supportable.

10+ Year Old Account
    Challenge mode = you have no argument and are just bitching RNG hate you.
    Except challenge mode have already recieved a nerf across the board compared to last reset.., quite honestly, I loathe all the lazy retards in wow who cry snot on public forums about how unfair everything is because X, Y n' Z and blow smoke about their limited time table where they can't get 5000 epic items in 30min..

I truly wish you'd all get poured with gazoline n' lit up like a christmas tree, only thing these players should be allowed to play is tetris or pacman!

No I think I have a very good argument and I am neither the only one making it nor am I the first one to make it. It isn't a question of pure difficulty. It's a question of reward. Heroic dungeons aren't rewarding enough by any comparative or relative measure.
    You may think you have a good argument but it's really just a pos. they give you gear. that is a reward. when you get all those, they have challenge mode, that *shock* give you cool looking transmog gear. You have no argument. All you have done is bitch how RNG hates you. That in and of itself is terrible.

And yes I agree with blizzard.
    Seeing someone running around with an item of the same quality as me. I don't care if it's from a raid or not I just hope he put in the same effort in it as I did. And no farming damn easy dungeons that give 1000rep every clear aka 1000 rep every 15 mins is not putting effort in it. MoP 5-mans are doing what they're should do:act like a stepping stone for raiders and give people that don't care about raiding some entertainment.

In wotlk especially when patch 3.2 came out epics didn't give me the feeling I worked for something and well we all know the cata story. Now good quality epics are somewhat properly locked away from easy grabing(it still won't take long to get the factions to revered) And well if you want them epics for some reason well they daillies are there for you and they're spread acros a beautifull world that isn't stormwind or ogrimmar or dalaran.

If you are a hardcore raider you basicly only need shado-pan at revered and golden lotus at honored for recipes(wich is beter then farming kara for recipes for example)And maybe maybe some vp gear if you have bad luck with loot drops.
    If you are a semi hardcore raider you want some vp gear but then again they don't care do it for 3 weeks and never look back at daillies.
    If you are casual raider you want vp gear but then again you are casual so you do a few daillies a day(as much as you like and have time for) and see when you are able to get the vp gear.
    If you are something else well gear doesn't matter unless you care about looks or you are an anoying prick that likes to meter whore and die 50 times in a dungeon.

So yeah MoP is good some fine tuning here and there but the gearing system feels rewarding as hell, epics mean something to me again and I hope for most other people to.

This is my opinion btw.

10+ Year Old Account
    You may think you have a good argument but it's really just a pos. they give you gear. that is a reward. when you get all those, they have challenge mode, that *shock* give you cool looking transmog gear. You have no argument.
    Again comparatively to every other iteration of the dungeon gear game this is simply false. They have horrendous gating mechanics behind them. They reward less VP and JP then they did in either cata or wotlk. The JP gear itself is weaker than the instance your farming in. The VP gear is useless to you if you don't farm the rep. They've basically said no tabards for rep unlike cata. So in every comparative measure they are simply less rewarding. This is being recognized by the community at large. It's the reason everyone was buying pvp gear, it's the reason their are several threads about this on the forum and it's the reason people just leave group now if the boss doesn't drop the gear they need.
    The hammer comes down:
    And the tiny fraction for whom heroic raids are currently well tuned? Too bad,so sad! With the arterial bleed of subs the fastest it's ever been, the vanity development that gives you guys your own content is no longer supportable.

Again comparatively to every other iteration of the dungeon gear game this is simply false. They have horrendous gating mechanics behind them. They reward less VP and JP then they did in either cata or wotlk. The JP gear itself is weaker than the instance your farming in. The VP gear is useless to you if you don't farm the rep. They've basically said no tabards for rep unlike cata. So in every comparative measure they are simply less rewarding. This is being recognized by the community at large. It's the reason everyone was buying pvp gear, it's the reason their are several threads about this on the forum and it's the reason people just leave group now if the boss doesn't drop the gear they need.
    All i see is QQ i want gear handed to me on silver platter. WAHHHHHHHHHHH

10+ Year Old Account
    All i see is QQ i want gear handed to me on silver platter. WAHHHHHHHHHHH
    Far from it I can assure you. I do however think that it simply isn't fair that the dailies are so advantageous and rewarding, more so than they've ever been really but dungeons are at an all time low. I'm sorry I tried to make a reasonable argument but I'm starting to get the feeling you aren't a reasonable poster.
    The hammer comes down:

10+ Year Old Account
    You've got to be kidding me. This has been the least rewarding dungeon experience I've ever had in this game and I"ve been grinding my face off in dungeons for at least 6 years now. It's piss easy so theirs no sense of personal reward from it. The rate that you acquire jp and vp at is slow as hell so it doesn't feel rewarding from a gear perspective. The JP is also worthless because the gear is just so bad. The drops you need are subject to such huge amounts of rng I end up leaving dungeons before they finish anyway because the boss I need doesn't drop the loot I need. I don't get rep and it doesn't look like their going to make that happen any time soon. WHAT THE FUCK IS REWARDING ABOUT DUNGEONS? Look I swore I would never start a thread in this general forum because it will just get shouted down but I can't fucking help it. Please don't shout this down with bullshit, I'm just so stunned they feel this way.
    If you don't like it, quit the game, and stop complaining, seriously, not to be a dick, but if you hate the system so much, unsub.
    I think we're fine where we are, god forbid you have to work for your reputations

WAHHHHH QQ I want my gear right now!!! WAHHHHHH

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Twilightdawn View Post
    If you don't like it, quit the game, and stop complaining, seriously, not to be a dick, but if you hate the system so much, unsub.
    I think we're fine where we are, god forbid you have to work for your reputations
    I did already and this defense of them is really tired. I'm sure if I go back and look at your history whenever they made some progressive decision and people didn't like it you told them the same thing. Now that they've made decisions that are the diametric opposite of that mentality you defend them anyway with the same tired lame rational. It's cataclysm 2.0 over again folks.
    The hammer comes down:

Far from it I can assure you. I do however think that it simply isn't fair that the dailies are so advantageous and rewarding, more so than they've ever been really but dungeons are at an all time low. I'm sorry I tried to make a reasonable argument but I'm starting to get the feeling you aren't a reasonable poster.
    Dailies, you do once a day. Dungeons, you can spam endlessly all day. Expecting them to reward the same isn't going to work.

Honestly I don't care anymore. All this bitching is about something that only matters for a couple of weeks prior to progression be it heroic or normal. The only thing Bliz made far more difficult in MoP is getting alts ready to raid.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Matchu View Post
    Dailies, you do once a day. Dungeons, you can spam endlessly all day. Expecting them to reward the same isn't going to work.
    Unless you I don't know cap the limit you get per dungeon. That's still kinda weaksauce IMHO but if were going to be on an even keel that's fine. Cap the rep you can gain make it equal to whatever amount you would normally get from each of those factions in a given day based on what you'd normally get from daillies.
    The hammer comes down:

You should stop playing the game for a while. You are way to mad at the moment. Give yourself some time to cool down.

10+ Year Old Account
    I did already and this defense of them is really tired. I'm sure if I go back and look at your history whenever they made some progressive decision and people didn't like it you told them the same thing. Now that they've made decisions that are the diametric opposite of that mentality you defend them anyway with the same tired lame rational. It's cataclysm 2.0 over again folks.
    I'm sorry my opinion differs from yours.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thelxi View Post
    Honestly I don't care anymore. All this bitching is about something that only matters for a couple of weeks prior to progression be it heroic or normal. The only thing Bliz made far more difficult in MoP is getting alts ready to raid.
    They made progression for the average single player who isn't a regular raider alot fucking harder. I like to raid when I can find the time. Both lfr and normal. I like running normal pugs and did it throughout most of cata and wotlk. I know this may sound shocking but even people who don't like to raid all the time or cant always fit it in still like to progress and grow their characters.

---------- Post added 2012-10-06 at 09:11 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Biggles Worth View Post
    You should stop playing the game for a while. You are way to mad at the moment. Give yourself some time to cool down.
    I'm honestly not mad about it. I unsubbed and will be doing exactly that. It isn't mad, it's just meh. I don't know. Forums are more entertaining let's put it that way.
    The hammer comes down:

it hasn't even been a full 2 weeks, and you've already rage quit because you couldn't get the best gear available despite ONLY running a dungeon a grand total of 2x per day(for just that 1 boss). that's just sad.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Twilightdawn View Post
    I'm sorry my opinion differs from yours.
    Your welcome to your differing opinion, no need to apologize. I'm just convinced that many of you have an opinion that revolves around whatever Blizzard deems is correct. If that's not you I apologize and it was misdirected.

---------- Post added 2012-10-06 at 09:12 PM ----------

it hasn't even been a full 2 weeks, and you've already rage quit because you couldn't get the best gear available despite ONLY running a dungeon a grand total of 2x per day(for just that 1 boss). that's just sad.
    I'm not raging, I'm trying to make a point about how unrewarding dungeons will be now and in the long run if something isn't done. I still have yet to hear anyone tell me I"m wrong they are just as rewarding. The simple fact is by any comparative measure they aren't. As far as I can tell for no good reason... You may like that they suck and that's fine.
    The hammer comes down:

At the moment you are only able to get x amount of rep a day with a faction from dailies (excluding ones that allow rep outside of dailies, Cloud serpents etc). So what if they allowed tabards to let you get the same x amount of rep per day in dungeons but no more. It would just be an alternate way to dailies i cant really see any downside. And for elder charms etc maybe you get x amount of those at the end of the dungeon, valor rewards are already there.