Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tpyo View Post
    IIRC stat weights for Reforgelite are not set up, you'll need to do them manually. You can always check out elitistjerks and pull the stat weights you need from there and just plug them into reforgelite
    We do not need real weights from elitist jerks. All we need is a stat priority like this:
    Hit = Expertize ('til caps) > Haste > Mastery = Crit.

And then we can set up weights in ReforgeLite (or any other tool)accordingly, like this:

200 = 200 ('til caps) > 150 > 125 = 125

---------- Post added 2012-10-06 at 06:14 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Sareth View Post
    Anyway, here is what I've done so far.

Re-installed, and to be sure, I've disabled all other addons, for now.

1. Selected arms.
    2. Changed the defaults: Crit 160, Haste 120, Expertise 180, Mastery 140, and hit 200, to:
    Hit: 200, Crit: 150, Expertise: 200, Haste: 130, Mastery:130, and pressed enter after each.

Is this correct? The weights are from Amat, earlier in the thread.
    Yes, now try calculating.

Wait, if you have the racial for 1% expertise with maces, then what was wrong with the screenshot?

The weights are fine, I'm using them myself.

I know you just need a general Idea, I personally tend to use the real weights because it helps me sleep at night. I just had no idea what the Arms stat prio was, so I figured EJ would be the place to grab some weights quickly

OH also, make sure your calculate speed isn't too high!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tpyo View Post
    OH also, make sure your calculate speed isn't too high!
    There's no slider in latest version. Guess it's automatically set to optimal speed.

Deleted
    The results seem to be fine, I didn't lose crit, but I've noticed something, should I restore all of my items and then do it again? Because it's kept the necklace replacing crit for exp since the last time, as I already had it reforged, as you can see. Oh and I think it's put too much exp on?

http://i.imgur.com/FNMjr.jpg
    Last edited by mmoccc3932e217; 2012-10-06 at 02:25 PM.

Oh? God they must've Updated it right after I grabbed a new version :/ Sorry for the bad info!

I just manually do my stats and caps and stuff so I don't really have to update it incredibly often (but the error of, "batch file too long, increase slider speed" or w/e is getting kinda annoying

10+ Year Old Account
    The results seem to be fine, I didn't lose crit, but I've noticed something, should I restore all of my items and then do it again? Because it's kept the necklace replacing crit for exp since the last time, as I already had it reforged, as you can see.

http://i.imgur.com/FNMjr.jpg
    That's ok. It takes into account existing reforges. So you don't pay more than needed (if it's possible that is)

Deleted
    Well, I give up. I restored all my items to make sure it was working right, because what's the harm in undoing some crap crit> exp and letting reforgelite work itself out from scratch? Well, I'll tell you. A lot, because it's fucked up again. All I did was restore my items, go back to my preset, and hit calculate and now it's back to reforging crit for exp on my bracers when it has mastery to choose fom.

http://i.imgur.com/uPMhn.jpg
    Last edited by mmoccc3932e217; 2012-10-06 at 02:32 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't see what's wrong. Results are fine. You got hit/expertise caps. At expense of some haste, crit, dodge and mastery.

Deleted
    I'm still a bit confused, but I went ahead and did it again from scratch and it got me to 7.5% exactly on expertise and hit. I'll most likely have a problem when I need to do it again with a new item, but for now, those are some great results (I think, I can't tell if it could have done it any better by giving me some more crit) but I'm happy with that. When I get a new item, do I just select my preset again and hit calculate?

Thanks for all the help, guys.

10+ Year Old Account
    When I get a new item, do I just select my preset again and hit calculate?
    Basically, yes.

15+ Year Old Account
    Well, I give up. I restored all my items to make sure it was working right, because what's the harm in undoing some crap crit> exp and letting reforgelite work itself out from scratch? Well, I'll tell you. A lot, because it's fucked up again. All I did was restore my items, go back to my preset, and hit calculate and now it's back to reforging crit for exp on my bracers when it has mastery to choose fom.

http://i.imgur.com/uPMhn.jpg
    Well, from what I see on your screenshot, it's chosen to reforge crit for exp on your bracers because you've already hit your exp cap, at which point any more exp is completely pointless and off less value than mastery, so it chose to reforge the exp to crit instead of mastery to crit.

I've been using the addon for ages, honestly it might do some things you wouldn't do if you did it manually, but i does them to ultimately get you as close to the hit/exp cap as possible (and if it takes you slightly over the caps, it means that's the closest it's going to get you without going under the caps) while also gaining on whatever has the most priority when possible. The addon works fine and is definitely better than doing it manually.
    Last edited by Nerph-; 2012-10-06 at 03:13 PM.

robot and reforgelite are both crap. wowreforge will get it the closest of all 3 because it exhaust EVERY option.. just make sure to put in the correct caps and weights.

There is also an addon that supports wowreforge.com. http://www.curse.com/addons/wow/reforgerade
    Last edited by Ssateneth; 2012-10-06 at 03:20 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Well ReforgeLite always got me close or spot on hit cap for whatever class I was playing, for example, so as far as I can tell it does the job fine, however I only tried another Reforging addon (which I don't remember the name, it could have been robot) and it didn't see to work very well for me so I stuck with ReforgeLite.

But I'll definitely give wowreforge.com and it's addon reforgerade a try, does the addon have presets like ReforgeLite? I guess it does? Because in theory the presets should be correct shouldn't they, as in you shouldn't need to change any values defining what stat is more important than another as the preset should already do it, if the addon is any good... Like doesn't ReforgeLite know if you pick Arms preset that a certain stat is more important to that spec than another stat, without having to manually give in the stat weights? If not that I've not been using ReforgeLite correctly for a long time lol.
    Last edited by Nerph-; 2012-10-06 at 05:10 PM.

Deleted
    Right, I need help again.

I left the thread last having achieved 7.5 on both hit and exp. I just finished a heroic and I got some new feet. I went to the reforger, selected my preset and hit calculate. I then hit show, and there are lots of unticked boxes (obviously meaning I haven't reforged them and/or that there will be changes made) even though I have. So it's pretty obvious what it's doing is that it's making me reforge everything again and try to make it optimal, all based around the new item, which is highly unintuitive and costly. Is this what is expected? To have to reforge all of your items to suit a new item every time you get something new?

Thoughts?
    Last edited by mmoccc3932e217; 2012-10-06 at 09:24 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Replied by PM

15+ Year Old Account
    Right, I need help again.

I left the thread last having achieved 7.5 on both hit and exp. I just finished a heroic and I got some new feet. I went to the reforger, selected my preset and hit calculate. I then hit show, and there are lots of unticked boxes (obviously meaning I haven't reforged them and/or that there will be changes made) even though I have. So it's pretty obvious what it's doing is that it's making me reforge everything again and try to make it optimal, all based around the new item, which is highly unintuitive and costly. Is this what is expected? To have to reforge all of your items to suit a new item every time you get something new?

Thoughts?
    edit: sorry, I've got it the wrong way around. Unticked boxes next to items means when you reforge using the addon it will change that item, ticked ones mean it will not need to reforge that item to get to the new calculation it's made with the new item you equipped.

It's not abnormal that changing 1 item can make you need to reforge a load of items, as that new item can completely change what needs to be reforged to what, in order to get to the new optimal calculation it's made.
    Last edited by Nerph-; 2012-10-06 at 10:21 PM. Reason: correcting mistake

10+ Year Old Account
    it's quite the opposite. Ticked - A-OK.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ag666 View Post
    it's quite the opposite. Ticked - A-OK.
    Yeah just realised after posting I had it the wrong way around, corrected my post accordingly.

Hey Sareth, I saw your other post too. Today is the day to optimize gear I take it

Mr. Robot is all about the math, but this one isn't as obvious. I see this question a lot, why Mr. Robot doesn't get you exactly to the cap. If you can give me your character realm and name, I'll take a look at your setup and help you out with AMR In the meantime, here's a general explanation:

--Any points of HIT or EXP over the hit cap, is wasted. That's easy enough to agree on.
    --There are a finite number of ways to get EXACTLY to the caps. That's also easy to agree on.
    --Let's say, the only way to get exactly to the caps is to reforge all of your crit to hit/exp. This isn't ideal since Crit is your best secondary stat.
    --Now, Mr. Robot got you to 0.07% over the hit cap, and 0.04% under the EXP cap. If you look at what's happening, Mr. Robot is reforging away from Mastery when at all possible, to get you closer to these caps. He's PRESERVING your crit rate, and actually gets you 1.31% extra crit in the optimization process.

Does that difference make sense? That Mr. Robot will try to preserve your best stats, and reforge away from your worst stats? Sometimes this doesn't get you exactly to the caps, but you end up doing more DPS. I have more info on how Mr. Robot works if you're interested: http://blog.askmrrobot.com/2012/10/h...ptimizer-work/

Send me your character name, I'll do some tweaking and give you more info based on YOUR specific character.
    Ask Mr. Robot Human Minion