Page 1 of 4
1
2
3
... LastLast
  1. #1
    Mechagnome Sareth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Scotland, UK.
    Posts
    710

    ReforgingLite...?

    I just tried ReforgeLite. I let it do it's thing (at least I think I did) and it took me to 8.41% exp cap. (It's supposed to be7.5) It also decided to reforge crit for exp on an item when there was mastery on it, which is what it's supposed to reforge because mastery is far worse than crit for an arms warrior, and on my helm it chose to reforge crit for exp when there was haste there, what's up with that? And why does it seem to insist I reforge all my gear? That's not needed. I mean, I'm at near perfect 7.52 exp right now, because I removed some reforgings, I click calculate and do all the stuff again, after removing some unneeded reforgings, and it shows back up that it's going to reforge some crit to exp. I've set it to default preset arms, by the way. I watched a tut and some guy said 'You can choose not to reforge some items if you want, but why would you not want to reforge everything?' Er, since when was this ever the case? I'm at cap right now...why would I want to waste more stats and go over? I'm at a correct amount of Hit and exp, (7.5%) and it's telling me that I need to reforge everything.

    So question 1: What's wrong with ReforgeLite?
    And question 2: Since when do people reforge all of their items?
    'Lord Sargeras, sweep your molten fist through this world, so that it may be reborn in flames and darkness!'
    'So the light's vaunted justice has finally arrived.'
    'Boldly said. But I remain...unconvinced.'

    My Warrior

  2. #2
    The Patient ImmSpark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    England
    Posts
    333
    You can adjust your stat weights for secondary stats and put an absolute amount for Hit/Expertise so ReforgeLite knows not to go over them (or go as close as physically possible). It's probably just trying to get you the most of your best stat.
    Spark - Enhancement Shaman - Lomaprieta - Balance Druid

  3. #3
    You can setup your stat priority and cap ratings just fine manually. if you know the numbers and prio it should be no deal for you.

  4. #4
    Mechagnome Sareth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Scotland, UK.
    Posts
    710
    Quote Originally Posted by Keblow View Post
    You can adjust your stat weights for secondary stats and put an absolute amount for Hit/Expertise so ReforgeLite knows not to go over them (or go as close as physically possible). It's probably just trying to get you the most of your best stat.
    Well I've watched 4 or so tutorials and none of them tell me how to do that. They say, 'Just choose arms preset', which should be fine, shouldn't it? And as for the second question, do people reforge everything nowadays? I don't see the point.
    'Lord Sargeras, sweep your molten fist through this world, so that it may be reborn in flames and darkness!'
    'So the light's vaunted justice has finally arrived.'
    'Boldly said. But I remain...unconvinced.'

    My Warrior

  5. #5
    The Patient ImmSpark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    England
    Posts
    333
    Quote Originally Posted by Sareth View Post
    Well I've watched 4 or so tutorials and none of them tell me how to do that. They say, 'Just choose arms preset', which should be fine, shouldn't it? And as for the second question, do people reforge everything nowadays? I don't see the point.
    Well if you can get more of your best stat by reforging everything, wouldn't you do it?
    Spark - Enhancement Shaman - Lomaprieta - Balance Druid

  6. #6
    Mechagnome Sareth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Scotland, UK.
    Posts
    710
    Quote Originally Posted by Keblow View Post
    Well if you can get more of your best stat by reforging everything, wouldn't you do it?
    But that's not the case, is it? I only need to get exp and hit to 7.5, which I have and then warriors focus on Strength and crit, which is already on my items. So why would I want to reforge some crit for exp again and go over 7.5. That loses me crit and gives me too much exp/hit.

    See what I mean?
    'Lord Sargeras, sweep your molten fist through this world, so that it may be reborn in flames and darkness!'
    'So the light's vaunted justice has finally arrived.'
    'Boldly said. But I remain...unconvinced.'

    My Warrior

  7. #7
    The Patient Amat's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Mideel
    Posts
    272
    Quote Originally Posted by Sareth View Post
    But that's not the case, is it? I only need to get exp and hit to 7.5, which I have and then warriors focus on Strength and crit, which is already on my items. So why would I want to reforge some crit for exp again and go over 7.5. That loses me crit and gives me too much exp/hit.

    See what I mean?
    You don't understand reforging well enough at this point, Keblow is right. If you just reforge mastery and get yourself to your hit and exp caps, that's fine, but if you allow the addon to optimise based on the correct weights it will reforge more items, and net you a better build of stats. In the end it might only get you your caps and a small amount more crit than doing it manually, but it will calculate it better than you will.

    Been using the addon for a while now, just play with the variables, make sure they're set right for your spec and it will do the rest.

  8. #8
    Mechagnome Sareth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Scotland, UK.
    Posts
    710
    Quote Originally Posted by Amat View Post
    You don't understand reforging well enough at this point, Keblow is right. If you just reforge mastery and get yourself to your hit and exp caps, that's fine, but if you allow the addon to optimise based on the correct weights it will reforge more items, and net you a better build of stats. In the end it might only get you your caps and a small amount more crit than doing it manually, but it will calculate it better than you will.

    Been using the addon for a while now, just play with the variables, make sure they're set right for your spec and it will do the rest.
    I'm sorry, how can you say I'm doing it wrong, when the facts are there?

    I need 7.5 exp and 7.5 hit. I can achieve this by reforging only some, not all, of my items
    If I were to reforge more, I'd be going over hit and exp cap at the expense of crit.

    I lose crit and I'm getting too much exp/hit. What's hard to understand about that? and how can losing and having stat overkill be a good thing?
    'Lord Sargeras, sweep your molten fist through this world, so that it may be reborn in flames and darkness!'
    'So the light's vaunted justice has finally arrived.'
    'Boldly said. But I remain...unconvinced.'

    My Warrior

  9. #9
    The Patient Amat's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Mideel
    Posts
    272
    Quote Originally Posted by Sareth View Post
    I'm sorry, how can you say I'm doing it wrong, when the facts are there?

    I need 7.5 exp and 7.5 hit. I can achieve this by reforging only some, not all, of my items
    If I were to reforge more, I'd be going over hit and exp cap at the expense of crit.

    I loose crit. What's hard to understand about that?
    Read my post, if you configure it correctly, it will not reforge out of crit, you will gain crit, if this is not the case then you have it set wrong. You are the one who isn't understanding the simple concept here, not me, if you're unwilling to try and learn then why are you asking here? The addon is not the problem.

  10. #10
    Mechagnome Sareth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Scotland, UK.
    Posts
    710
    Quote Originally Posted by Amat View Post
    Read my post, if you configure it correctly, it will not reforge out of crit, you will gain crit, if this is not the case then you have it set wrong. You are the one who isn't understanding the simple concept here, not me, if you're unwilling to try and learn then why are you asking here? The addon is not the problem.
    It seems like common sense to me that I don't want overkill/lose of good stats. But fine, if you could link an actual arms warrior guide, then that'd be great. Because that video is crap and I can't find anything via google.
    'Lord Sargeras, sweep your molten fist through this world, so that it may be reborn in flames and darkness!'
    'So the light's vaunted justice has finally arrived.'
    'Boldly said. But I remain...unconvinced.'

    My Warrior

  11. #11
    amat - you are correct - its one of the reasons i stopped using reforgelite

    if you amend ur stat weights and put in the caps it does work - but its a pretty crap addon

    www.askmrrobot.com is better and will tell you the optimal reforge strategy


    dont forget as you level ur stats will change so u will need to reforge

  12. #12
    The Patient Amat's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Mideel
    Posts
    272
    If you can post a screenshot of your reforgelite window I can have a look and try to identify the problem, alternatively I could just give you values to enter for each stat, but a look at your current setup would be better.

    Edit: there are alternatives, like MrRobot and wowreforge.com that do essentially the same thing. Like Buzz said, they are probably a little more likely to work out of the box, but I just prefer having one in the game, so if those work for you, great.
    Last edited by Amat; 2012-10-06 at 12:06 PM.

  13. #13
    Mechagnome Sareth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Scotland, UK.
    Posts
    710
    Quote Originally Posted by Amat View Post
    If you can post a screenshot of your reforgelite window I can have a look and try to identify the problem, alternatively I could just give you values to enter for each stat, but a look at your current setup would be better.

    Edit: there are alternatives, like MrRobot and wowreforge.com that do essentially the same thing. Like Buzz said, they are probably a little more likely to work out of the box, but I just prefer having one in the game, so if those work for you, great.
    I've got a que of about 800, which is pretty low for outland EU.

    If you don't mind you could give me the values now, or maybe wait, whatever suits you.
    'Lord Sargeras, sweep your molten fist through this world, so that it may be reborn in flames and darkness!'
    'So the light's vaunted justice has finally arrived.'
    'Boldly said. But I remain...unconvinced.'

    My Warrior

  14. #14
    The Patient Amat's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Mideel
    Posts
    272
    Quote Originally Posted by Sareth View Post
    I've got a que of about 800, which is pretty low for outland EU.

    If you don't mind you could give me the values now, or maybe wait, whatever suits you.
    Yeah, gimme a sec, I'll edit them in here.

    Spirit/dodge/parry: 0 ofc

    Hit: 200
    Exp: 200
    Crit: 150
    Haste:130
    Mastery:130 (This values haste and mastery the same, not sure which is worse, just lower whichever you value the least by 10 or something)

    Now, below for the caps:

    Hit
    At Least - Manual - 2550 - 0 (Weight after the cap)

    Expertise
    At Least - Manual - 2550 - 0
    Last edited by Amat; 2012-10-06 at 12:17 PM.

  15. #15
    Mechagnome Sareth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Scotland, UK.
    Posts
    710
    Quote Originally Posted by Amat View Post
    Yeah, gimme a sec, I'll edit them in here.

    Spirit/dodge/parry: 0 ofc

    Hit: 200
    Exp: 200
    Crit: 150
    Haste:130
    Mastery:130 (This values haste and mastery the same, not sure which is worse, just lower whichever you value the least by 10 or something)

    Now, below for the caps:

    Hit
    At Least - Manual - 2550 - 0 (Weight after the cap)

    Expertise
    At Least - Manual - 2550 - 0
    I appreciate the help and I'll test them out and see what it does as soon as I get in, but do you mind explaining what exactly a weight is? I'm sort of guessing overkill? Judging by '0 weight after the cap'. Probably wrong though.

    Also, what does 200 actually mean, like what does it stand for and where are you getting this info? :S

    (As you can tell, MoP is the first expac I've actually tried to be optimal, in TBC I was using green quality gems, so trying to up my game is proving confusing. :/)
    'Lord Sargeras, sweep your molten fist through this world, so that it may be reborn in flames and darkness!'
    'So the light's vaunted justice has finally arrived.'
    'Boldly said. But I remain...unconvinced.'

    My Warrior

  16. #16
    The Patient Amat's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Mideel
    Posts
    272
    Weight just means how highly the addon (or other reforge/stat prioritising tool) will value a stat, so crit being 150 means it's worth more than mastery and haste at 130.

    With the caps, you're right, the 0 means it's worth nothing, but only after the rating of 2550 (cap) we set is met.

    The actual figures for weights are arbitrary, as long as relative to each other they represent the value of the stat. Crit is a higher number than mastery so it will be valued higher, whether the respective numbers be 2 and 1 or 2,000,000 and 1,000,000.

    I didn't get the info anywhere in particular, just from using reforging tools and stuff like that, you get the hang of it after a while.
    Last edited by Amat; 2012-10-06 at 12:31 PM.

  17. #17
    Mechagnome Sareth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Scotland, UK.
    Posts
    710
    I put the stat weights in on Askmrrobot, and this is what I got.



    It took me to below 7.5% on exp and above 7.5 on hit. I don't know if that's because there isn't an option to set the 'At Least - Manual - 2550 - 0 (Weight after the cap)' part, I couldn't find an option to put that it. It also reforged some hit for haste, so I'm not sure what's up with that. It doesn't look too bad, but any thoughts on that?
    'Lord Sargeras, sweep your molten fist through this world, so that it may be reborn in flames and darkness!'
    'So the light's vaunted justice has finally arrived.'
    'Boldly said. But I remain...unconvinced.'

    My Warrior

  18. #18
    The Patient Amat's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Mideel
    Posts
    272
    Hmm, I don't use mrrobot, but did you try the arms raiding preset there? Might be the way to go, not sure though.

  19. #19
    Mechagnome Sareth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Scotland, UK.
    Posts
    710
    Quote Originally Posted by Amat View Post
    Hmm, I don't use mrrobot, but did you try the arms raiding preset there? Might be the way to go, not sure though.
    The PvE default preset reforges crit again, and it got below caps at 'hysical Hit 7.39% MH Expertise 7.43%'
    'Lord Sargeras, sweep your molten fist through this world, so that it may be reborn in flames and darkness!'
    'So the light's vaunted justice has finally arrived.'
    'Boldly said. But I remain...unconvinced.'

    My Warrior

  20. #20
    Elemental Lord Elim Garak's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    DS9
    Posts
    8,607
    Quote Originally Posted by Sareth View Post
    It took me to below 7.5% on exp and above 7.5 on hit. I don't know if that's because there isn't an option to set the 'At Least - Manual - 2550 - 0 (Weight after the cap)' part, I couldn't find an option to put that it. It also reforged some hit for haste, so I'm not sure what's up with that. It doesn't look too bad, but any thoughts on that?
    You can't expect to reforge PRECISELY to 7.5% for both hit and expertise. Sometimes it happens, sometimes it doesn't. Your new values are better than before. And 0.06% chance to be dodged is acceptable.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •