Deleted

Recommend a Race

Hello,
    I am currently considering a race change, thinking either the Pandaren or Draenei, but unsure which race to choose, or just stick with my current.
    I am a Human priest, and have been doing progression raiding since Ulduar. I am no PvPer and try to avoid all forms of it.
    I have constantly been switching from Shadow and both healing specs to fill in the guild raid needs, so prefer an all-rounder race.

Cannot post a link of armory due to number of posts, just search Destíní on EU-Aggramar
    If you require more information, please post.

Thank you for reading.

Deleted
    Both classes are very good ,each one having special perks. I'd recommand you to go for Draenei because you get +1% hit chance, which is pretty important on both specs. I honestly see no reason in choosing Pandaren , except the fact that you get more stats from the "well fed" effects. All these effects won't really give you so many bonus stats, and it will only feel like you're having one more gem in your sockets. Instead, if you choose Draenei, you will be able to reach your hit cap faster, and get more crit/etc from reforging.

Also, the Draenei female model is cute.

Deleted
    Overall, I'd say going Draenei is better because of the racial heal you get and the 1% hit.

Besides, Draeneis are much prettier, if it's a female. :P

Deleted
    Thanks for the quick replies, it seems Draenei is the more popular choice. Now for a name

Thanks again.

The racial heal last I checked was pretty terrible. Pandaeran will be better on progression raiding because the foodbuff outweighs 1% hit, both for Shadow and definitely for healing.

Quote Originally Posted by Woren
    I'd recommand you to go for Draenei because you get +1% hit chance, which is pretty important on both specs.
    Holy and Discipline are hitcapped by default. So what are you getting at with "both specs"?
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelesti View Post
    Holy and Discipline are hitcapped by default. So what are you getting at with "both specs"?
    What is this sorcery!?

What do people think of goblin vs. troll?

Quote Originally Posted by Wopper View Post
    What do people think of goblin vs. troll?
    i would go undead

Quote Originally Posted by Skandulous View Post
    i would go undead
    Why is that? What is the advantage to undead?

Undead get touch of the grave which is a proc from ur damage moves that deals additional damage and heals you for same amount. It's a 20% proc chance on a 10 sec ICD? Pretty good for shadow. Also they get cannibalize, you can beat that.

Deleted
    When is cannibalise ever viable? You can't in PvP often, questing maybe but usually your health regens before you have time to cannibalise and if you're a priest, why not just heal yourself? And I'd say for healing go gnome (bigger mana pool) or stay human (more spirit) and for shadow either human (spirit = hit) or Draenei (hit). For looks alone I'd say NElf female or Draenei female.

Quote Originally Posted by Kelesti View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Worer View Post
    What is this sorcery!?
    I assume he's talking about Divine Fury
    Last edited by Scooby Dooby Doo; 2012-10-07 at 05:16 AM.

I'd go with whichever one you like the gear on better to be honest. Raiding isn't so hard that you have to min-max every race with your class to be honest. If you have to roll a draenei to get hit capped you probably have more bigger problems to be worrying about. And if you have to have the draenei's racial heal to keep up, then there is a problem there as well. You're better off min-maxing with professions vs. the race you play because professions tend to actually make a difference. I generally don't see more output from any healers/dps/tanks because of the race they picked though. Race is all about the look imo. Sure, it's NICE to have the extra little things, but it isn't gonna make or break you. That being said, I like how robes LOOK on a female draenei more so than any of the other combinations.

Deleted
    Stay human, equip a mace. You get 1% hit from mace spec and 3% extra spirit on top. Beats Draeni.

Of the original two, pandaren - the extra int is better than 1% hit, especially as a healer.