10+ Year Old Account

Neglected duckies get their first swim ever!

http://news.ninemsn.com.au/world/854...for-first-time

Two dozen ducks rescued from an animal hoarder in New York have been filmed enjoying their first ever swim.

In the video footage, the ducks were at first reluctant to take a dip and even had to be herded into a pond by several animal welfare volunteers.

Once in the water almost all of the birds jumped quickly back out.

But it didn't take long for the ducks' instincts to kick in and soon they were all happily splashing about.

The ducks were among 160 birds — including geese, turkeys and chickens — rescued by the Woodstock Farm Animal Sanctuary after year-long negotiations with an animal hoarder broke down.

The ducks had been kept in pens for years without adequate access to water or proper nutrition.

LET MY DUCKS GO FREE!!!

Additional Source:
    http://woodstocksanctuary.org/2012/0...case-resolved/ (Caution tad saddening)
    Australian Oceanic Multi Class Veteran of the Burning Crusade Wars!
    Twitter: @Romiretv
    Youtube: RomireTv
    Twitchy: My Twitch

Uhmmm. This probably could go to the Mega Video thread but I'm not entirely sure.

In any case, lol at them running away from/out of the water.

Deleted
    That's really cute, though it's sad they were in the place of having never swam in first place.

Aaaww, that's nice.

10+ Year Old Account
    A bit awkward to watch them bound right back out of the water, but in the end very satisfying to see them enjoying it and being freed from a bad situation.

#FlightIsImportant

Deleted
    all would have looked better swimming in lemon sauce.

I have a two-part question:

1) Why is this news story so damned popular?

2) Why is Gaige the Mechromancer, from Borderlands 2, tweeting this video?!
    Quote Originally Posted by sharpy View Post
    Ya i think Karadros got it right sadly..
    Quote Originally Posted by TheRagebear View Post
    Sylvanas is flawless and should be canonized as a saint.

Because it's a rare news story with a happy ending?
    They can dynamite Devil Reef, but that will bring no relief, Y'ha-nthlei is deeper than they know.

10+ Year Old Account
    Swim, duckies! Swim!

15+ Year Old Account
    Aw that is good, those poor ducks, They need water. AT the begining I was starting to think What if they do not 'adapt' to the water?

This is good news to where I live, duck season is about to start. So there will be more to hunt, though it makes difference is very very small.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Karadros View Post
    I have a two-part question:

1) Why is this news story so damned popular?

2) Why is Gaige the Mechromancer, from Borderlands 2, tweeting this video?!
    Cause it was worthy enough?
    Australian Oceanic Multi Class Veteran of the Burning Crusade Wars!
    Twitter: @Romiretv
    Youtube: RomireTv
    Twitchy: My Twitch

10+ Year Old Account
    was it just my imagination, or did the ducks look happy once they started swimming?

There are so many atrocities committed on animals that you cannot even imagine, finally something some good news... I really does not understand why people, who claims to be the wisest creatures on the Earth could do so much bad things to animals - we should be their protectors, not oppressors. Thanks for posting this

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Siggma View Post
    all would have looked better swimming in lemon sauce.
    Actually, plum sauce is the best thing to cook a duck with. Fucking delicious.

Quote Originally Posted by Rakeer View Post
    was it just my imagination, or did the ducks look happy once they started swimming?
    Sure. It's a natural thing for them.

They'd just not been in an environment where they'd ever known about it before. Once they got in there, they knew what was up.
    They can dynamite Devil Reef, but that will bring no relief, Y'ha-nthlei is deeper than they know.

Pretty adorable.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimbold of Skullcrusher View Post
    There are so many atrocities committed on animals that you cannot even imagine, finally something some good news... I really does not understand why people, who claims to be the wisest creatures on the Earth could do so much bad things to animals - we should be their protectors, not oppressors. Thanks for posting this
    That's simple. Because humans can think and weight their choices. Some chose to be good, and some chose to be evil. And as such, some show that they're better then animals by helping their people, the animals and the planet and trying to advance from all perspectives and others show that they're worse then animals, more greedy and self-centered thinking only about their own and how they can destroy others who might get over them and exploit the weak.