Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account

New players and inviting - Blizzard too greedy?

<< I deleteded it as ppl cannot keep a civil discussion without agressions toward specific persons. Next time I do a thread I will wrap it in rainbows and pillows>>
    Last edited by Cryonic; 2012-10-06 at 02:14 PM. Reason: derailed thread

9/10 I lol'd
    Would read again.

Ok, ready? Your friend doesn't have trial restrictions still because Blizzard is greedy.

Your friend has trial restrictions still because it takes up to 72 hours for digital purchases to be finalized by both the bank, and blizzard.

It's a constraint of the system. Don't think wanting to fully receive the money for something that you're selling is greedy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Broloth View Post
    9/10 I lol'd
    Would read again.

Ok, ready? Your friend doesn't have trial restrictions still because Blizzard is greedy.

Your friend has trial restrictions still because it takes up to 72 hours for digital purchases to be finalized by both the bank, and blizzard.

It's a constraint of the system. Don't think wanting to fully receive the money for something that you're selling is greedy.
    Yup. It's insurance against credit card fraud; similar to how names are saved for 90 days after a character change in case your credit card defaults.

READY?! READY?! READY?! READY?! READY?! READY?! READY?! READY?! READY?! READY?! READY?! READY?! READY?! READY?! READY?!

https://us.battle.net/support/en/art...on-account-faq

Ok, you with me so far?

Quote Originally Posted by Didactic
    Note: Most World of Warcraft Starter Edition restrictions will remain in place until payment verification is fully complete. This may take up to 72 hours. See the Direct Online Upgrade FAQ for more information.
    BOOM!

There's a reason they're called "frequently asked."

---------- Post added 2012-10-06 at 08:32 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Cryonic View Post
    I'm very happy with Blizzard overall, BUT...
    How greedy of Blizzard isn't this, that even when he purchased the regular + BC + Wrath expansion pack its still not enough to even be allowed to group.
    Also find this line hilarious.

Apparently, upgrading your account from trial status to standard (which gives you BC AND WRATH FOR FREE) is considered "purchasing BC and Wrath." Your friend really had to open up his wallet to get two expansions for free.
    Last edited by Boogums; 2012-10-06 at 01:33 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    So, bottom line, Blizzard should have been more clear on the upgrade delay info

(didn't take time to qoute the obvious trying-to-flame texts, won't take the bait, sorry)
    Last edited by Cryonic; 2012-10-06 at 01:37 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    No, bottom line is you and your friend need to learn to read terms and conditions more deftly.

Quote Originally Posted by Blizzard's Fucking Website
    Note: Most World of Warcraft Starter Edition restrictions will remain in place until payment verification is fully complete. This may take up to 72 hours. See the Direct Online Upgrade FAQ for more information.
    The "bottom line" is you and your friend didn't know anything about the process and then tried to make Blizzard look like a bunch of assholes when something they said would happen, happened.

Next time do a little research before coming in here spouting your hate.

15+ Year Old Account
    Still that info should have been more clearly displayed, not buried in thousand other workds. Who can honestly say they read and understood every line of the agreement?

So wait... wait wait wait...

Your friend upgraded his account, and you both were confused about why his restrictions were on his account...

Ok, ok, I follow so far.

So how come instead of consulting the FREQUENTLY. ASKED. QUESTIONS., you came here bashing Blizzard for being greedy and making it seem like your friend spent more money for nothing than you actually did?

HOW COME, instead of LOOKING UP THE ANSWER TO YOUR QUESTION, did you come here and start talking shit?

ALSO, why did you assume this was something on Blizzard's end and not your friend's bank's end?
    Last edited by Boogums; 2012-10-06 at 01:45 PM.

Deleted
    c'mon guys.. im sure he knowws that now, no need to spam it okay?..

10+ Year Old Account
    Still that info should have been more clearly displayed, not buried in thousand other workds. Who can honestly say they read and understood every line of the agreement?
    As said, it was in the FAQ which is a rather concise summary of the ToC.

Is it truly that difficult to admit you are in the wrong?

10+ Year Old Account
    Trial accounts are very restricted to try to keep out gold farmers/spammers, with hacked accounts.

15+ Year Old Account
    I am not wrong so there is nothing to admit but nice try trying to derail the thread, now try to stick to the questions instead of the namecalling and stuff.

http://bit.ly/QMdlZ8

Click it.

Watch what happens.

---------- Post added 2012-10-06 at 08:47 AM ----------

And after clicking it, why don't you tell us all what happens.

15+ Year Old Account
    I don't click shady URL's like that, mind explaining what it leads to?

BECAUSE l WOULD LOVE TO KNOW WHAT HAPPENS.

---------- Post added 2012-10-06 at 08:48 AM ----------

I don't click shady URL's like that, mind explaining what it leads to?
    Sure, here:

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=can%27t+group+a...+trial+wow&l=1

Here's the longer version.

After you click it, tell me what happens.

Deleted
    You don't even need to read the FAQ. It clearly states in this little window that it may take 72 hours for your account to be upgraded once you buy the game. I know this because I fired up new account to get the RaF mount two days ago. You(or in this case your friend) has pair of eyes for reason.

Deleted
    Just close this thread, the guy is either too ignorant to be able to cross the street without assistance or a major troll. Any of the choices really is not worthy of a thread.

15+ Year Old Account
    Broloth still seems shade, sry =)

Peeb it was not mentioned, no, I looked when he submitted it

Eskobar, nice social skills...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Broloth View Post
    http://bit.ly/QMdlZ8

Click it.

Watch what happens.

---------- Post added 2012-10-06 at 08:47 AM ----------

And after clicking it, why don't you tell us all what happens.
    That's a really cute program.

Props to whoever made it.

Edit for sauce plz?

<3 <3 <3