Page 1 of 2
1
2
LastLast
  1. #1

    Question These Rogue forums seem horribly outdated?

    I do not play my rogue all that often these days, but i wanted to give the class another go.

    So i came here looking for some MoP guides about Combat and the other specs - only to find that the only link to a PvE Rogue guide on this forum was to an EJ guide that was "last revisited in 2011".

    Also i noticed a stickied thread called "Beta Discussion", which seems kinda weird since beta is over for quite a while.

    This is not a "bash rogue community" post, i am just wondering why do Rogue forum section seem so outdated/abandoned?
    Also is there an updated MoP PvE guide for Rogues around here?

  2. #2
    Maybe the guides are invisible. :P

  3. #3
    The expansion is what, 2 weeks old?

    EJ is always the most up-to-date site, check there if you want information.

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by Synexlol View Post
    The expansion is what, 2 weeks old?
    EJ is always the most up-to-date site, check there if you want information.
    While MoP itself was released recently, pretty much every other class forum is updated even since the pre-mop patch was released - a bit more than a month ago?
    I just find it sad that those linked Rogue guides are all still for cataclysm, and that the entire MMO-Champ rogue forum section has simply not been updated in over a month - at least as far as i can see.

    However i am not all that surprised since a lot of rogue players i talked to (or read over forums) expressed extreme discontent with MoP as far as Rogues go.
    Heck, 3 of my RealID friends who have played Rogues for entire WotLK/Cata are now Monks, and not planning on coming back on their ex-main Rogues...

  5. #5
    Scarab Lord Viridiancity's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    IN A PICKLE
    Posts
    4,375
    Honestly, I'd be surprised if there were any good Rogues left to write the guides, considering the exodus away from our class towards the shiny, new, and actually fun Monks.

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by Validity View Post
    Honestly, I'd be surprised if there were any good Rogues left to write the guides, considering the exodus away from our class towards the shiny, new, and actually fun Monks.
    If it wasn't for another max exodus, we'd probably not have gotten that blue reply we got just a little while ago. Seems like the devs refuse to take action with the class until it becomes absolutely necessary.

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by Incineration View Post
    If it wasn't for another max exodus, we'd probably not have gotten that blue reply we got just a little while ago. Seems like the devs refuse to take action with the class until it becomes absolutely necessary.
    Seems like you folks are absolutely right...
    I bet even the moderators of this Rogue forum went to the Monks, since this entire rogue forum is grossly outdated... still having "beta" stickies and all the links for guides pointing to completely useless cata stuff that is outdated for more than a month since pre-mop patch arrived...

  8. #8
    Fluffy Kitten Kelticfox's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Buckinghamshire, UK
    Posts
    1,333
    Sorry I'm still updating the new rogue guide.

    Unfortunately I've been upto my eyeballs in real life work (full time job, full time architecture course at Uni, Student Department Rep, facility meetings & inventing stuff). I only dinged level 90 yesterday!
    Veni, Vidi, Cidere, Prenda In Gen, Interlitum Verlgo Stipes, Dissiptum.

    Forum Guidelines
    MMO-Champion Rogue Section Moderator

    Diablo III Beta Club
    Mist of Pandaria Beta Club

  9. #9
    My PvE guide is updated to the point it has some decent information.

    Anyway raids are opened by less than a week, so we don't have actual information at hands, only simulations and such.

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by Coldkil View Post
    My PvE guide is updated to the point it has some decent information.
    Anyway raids are opened by less than a week, so we don't have actual information at hands, only simulations and such.
    Your guide is indeed useful and informative, so i thank you for creating it.
    Just sad to see that folks who had Beta MoP were really not interested in gathering Rogue info - compared to other class forums who have MoP data posted/updated even from the last stages of Beta (or at least pre-release patch), Rogues forum is still out of date even a few weeks into retail MoP :/

    Hopefully other expert rogues will also follow your lead and decide to make spec specialized guides - but if Blizzard does decide to change something major with Rogues in the next big patch, even those 5.0.5 guides might be significantly outdated.

  11. #11
    EJ forums are starting to put out their guides - still from what i know many of them got tired of theorycrafting and would like to pass the ball to other fresh people, so we need to wait a little.

  12. #12
    The Patient Thaendra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Las Vegas, NV
    Posts
    296
    EJ has a little bit on it. Honestly the rogue population -has- decreased significantly, including a lot of theorycrafters. It's mostly a numbers/population thing though, and people will have updated calculations and whatnot up in time. Until then I guess you can just run with a few basics and try stuff out :P Hopefully people understand that things are sort of in a state of flux for rogues since we don't have the same bumrush of people crunching numbers like we used to.

  13. #13
    The EJ guides are, as of now, virtually content-less. They contain nothing of any real value. There are very rough "guides" to the rotations, filling a total of about 3 sentences in each thread, and that's about it. No "tips and tricks", no gemming or enchanting, no BIS-lists, no reforging priorities, nothing.

    Noxxic is much better at this point, if you need a helping hand.

  14. #14
    Noxxic stat priorities for Assassination:
    Agility > Melee Hit (7.5%) > Expertise (7.5%) > Mastery > Crit > Haste


    I wouldn't rely on this.

  15. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by Coldkil View Post
    Noxxic stat priorities for Assassination:
    Agility > Melee Hit (7.5%) > Expertise (7.5%) > Mastery > Crit > Haste


    I wouldn't rely on this.
    Yeah, the stat priorities may be sketchy and are probably best disregarded. But it's in a better shape for rotational and general help that EJ, that's for certain.

  16. #16
    Immortal Ryme's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    In a field, somewhere
    Posts
    7,179
    At the very least can we unsticky the outdated content threads now?
    "[Rogue] Official Beta Discussion"
    "[Fangs of the Father] - F.A.Q"
    "Rogue Beta Changes"
    I am the lucid dream
    Uulwi ifis halahs gag erh'ongg w'ssh


  17. #17
    Yeah, that for sure

    Also, a tip about Anticipation: it eliminates the problem of rupture and SnD dropping at nearly the same time.

  18. #18
    Quote Originally Posted by Coldkil View Post
    Yeah, that for sure

    Also, a tip about Anticipation: it eliminates the problem of rupture and SnD dropping at nearly the same time.
    Not necessarily. That's only the case if Rupture falls off slightly BEFORE Slice and Dice. SND doesn't activate Anticipation, so if SND is about to drop, you will have to use Rupture prematurely to make use of the Anticipation charges afterwards.

  19. #19
    EDIT: missed the talent wording about "offensive finishers" - snd doesn't proc anticipation.

    I have more strange behaviours as Sub with HaT - FoK crits seem to proc unnecessary combo points, i found many times to spam double 5cp CT. Still i can be wrong and we have more important issues with the class

  20. #20
    Quote Originally Posted by Coldkil View Post
    EDIT: missed the talent wording about "offensive finishers" - snd doesn't proc anticipation.

    I have more strange behaviours as Sub with HaT - FoK crits seem to proc unnecessary combo points, i found many times to spam double 5cp CT. Still i can be wrong and we have more important issues with the class
    Well HaT gives combo points of anyone crits, including the Rogue - when Fan of Knives crits, it is counted for the bonus CP from Hat = 2 combo points.
    Not sure why do you consider this strange, i find it awesome

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •