Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Sephrie View Post
    Yeah I understand that, but my point is, I am a dps. I am supposed to do tons of damage to the boss, be his nightmare. I am doing everything to make my numbers higher, spending dozens of hours perfecting my playstyle, using dps consumables and spending tons of gold on the best crafts, enchants, gems etc. And here comes some tank, who does nothing really special about his damage, has survivability gear/gems/enchants/consumables, doesn't have any complex rotation, doesn't have to min/max. And yet he does more damage than me. Plus he actually performs role which point of is keeping aggro and staying alive and has nothing to do with dealing big damage. It's quite frustrating and takes away fun of being a dps to be honest.
    Dont know what kind of tank you have or if you play old content, but I was competing with dps as a tank in all of cata aswell(in progress raids on new content before any nerfs). Also tanking isnt hard, atleast imo but it aint facerolling either if you want to perfrom max.

Quote Originally Posted by alturic View Post
    That's what I'm saying though. I didn't know how HP generation was in terms of say 1HP = 20 rage therefore having 3HP = 60 rage (shield block) but I'm definitely still able to use shield block or 60 rage shield barrier quite frequently... at least frequently enough for my healers to say that going hit/exp capped didn't feel any different in terms of healing needed.
    The point is that we don't have a mechanic like revenge where dodge/parry give us any sort of HP generator. What we are trying to do is remove any possibility of being hit by 5 hits in a row with no mitigation, which would be a 100% spike.
    Warriors can't quite get there, from what i understand. But if I have full hit/expertise and am hitting SoTR every time it is up I will never take 5 hits in a row unmitigated, as a matter of fact, out of 10k events, it's only like .29% of 5 hit events that will be 4/5 unmitigated, with a little bit of haste on top of hit/exp hard cap I will be able to push that down to 3/5.
    It's not a matter of just how frequent you can use it, but being able to use it as much as possible. I will take more damage overall if I stack hit/exp/haste/master as opposed to dodge/parry, but the damage will be smoother, less OH SHIT TANK'S GOING DOWN and more, ok, heal, heal, heal, heal, heal, greater heal, heal, heal...which saves mana and allows my healers to concentrate on the raid.

---------- Post added 2012-10-09 at 12:10 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Sephrie View Post
    So how come tanks are dominating half of the 25 fights' parse rankings of the current content? Every DPS in the world is bad?
    Because the dps haven't gotten gear yet, wait a few weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by vaticon View Post
    Dont know what kind of tank you have or if you play old content, but I was competing with dps as a tank in all of cata aswell(in progress raids on new content before any nerfs). Also tanking isnt hard, atleast imo but it aint facerolling either if you want to perfrom max.
    In all of cata? Tell me which encounter that would be besides some gimmicky stuff like Magmaw adds, Halfus AE, Alysrazor buff and Spine blood.
    I'm genuinely curious.

Quote Originally Posted by Varyk View Post
    Feng has a mechanic where tanks get absurd amounts of extra damage (Reversal, I believe)....obviously the reason for the logs.

I don't recall exactly what goes on in the other 2 fights as I completed them months ago in beta, but I'd imagine it's something similar. calm down.
    No, it's not. It's the fact tanks get absurd amounts of attack power. Only Feng has a valid excuse for having such high DPS.

I think it's bad that enrage timers will be built around tanks doing very competitive dps, as it forces them to give up survivability for dps in some cases.

---------- Post added 2012-10-09 at 03:30 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by vaticon View Post
    You had horrific dps in the group if on any fight without gimmicks increasing tank's dps you were near your dpsers.
    Got questions about mages or want your logs analyzed? Feel free to PM me.

Altered Time - The #1 mage community.

Recruiting for Mythic raiding! World 90 - 3 days/week Click or add Dutchiee#2877