Page 3 of 65 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    When you do it as ret are you in pure dps gear or some prot gear? Did some SSC the other night and did great until the one boss with 3 or 4 adds. Can't remember his name but got my butt handed to me.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Abyssion View Post
    Don't see how you can solo Malygos 10 also, I hit enrage... no way prot pally dmg is high enough to beat it.
    Wait you can't pull 15k dps on Malygos (heyooooo sparks!) with 476 gear? Press buttons more? (or wear dps gear, there isn't really that much 10 man content in WotLK up to ulduar that needs prot specc anyway)

Quote Originally Posted by montanaman View Post
    When you do it as ret are you in pure dps gear or some prot gear? Did some SSC the other night and did great until the one boss with 3 or 4 adds. Can't remember his name but got my butt handed to me.
    Didn't do Karathress for a while, but I soloed him as Ret during Dragon Soul, but as his shadowbolt does 50% max hp damage, it can be a problem again because you have to heal up 180k hp, but probably doable.
    Last edited by DieFichte; 2012-10-16 at 09:03 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    How are ppl doing Kaelthas in 7 min as prot??? No way you have the dps to burn the mage when she constantly conflags you, and having the other wail on you.
    Do him as ret. His adds and him just melt. I did 7:56 kill in 460 ret gear.

Don't see how you can solo Malygos 10 also, I hit enrage... no way prot pally dmg is high enough to beat it.
    I've soloed Malygos at 85. On my first kill I killed him 2 seconds after enrage, that was basically last tick of my dot while I was falling down to my death from dragon. Next kills were smoother and I had almost 1 spare minute on my best kill.

---------- Post added 2012-10-16 at 03:50 PM ----------

No, no he isn't.

I have 15+ stacks on me, doings more than 1200% fire dmg. It only takes maybe 150k fire dmg from meteor. With shield, seal and WoG, and the huge vengeance. Can easily outheal it.
    The spec in question was ret. Of course he is much easier in prot, it's not hard to pull the dps required to kill him before enrage, since it only requires about 21k or so, provided you can survive all the Meteor Slashes.

10+ Year Old Account
    Killed him yesterday in 5:32 as ret. Got Azure drake finally, never going to come back there.
    Also, Onyxia dropped in 2:12 for me. 2nd phase was just like "she lifts off, flies to the other end of the room and lands". Didn't get a single big add.
    Ret is awesome for soloing nowadays.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mionelol View Post
    Did Morchok on my paladin alt. (or well, wiped at like 2% because I'm a retard =(.)
    As Prot or Ret?

10+ Year Old Account
    Gluth impossible to solo as prot pally, you WON'T do enough dps to outheal his eating zombies... thats a fact.
    Same with Gorefiend, no way as a prot pally you can pull dps fast enough without him sending you to your death and becoming a spirit.
    Lulz, gluth is a joke. What are you talking about?
    Gorefiend doesn't do that when soloing.

10+ Year Old Account
    With MoP vengeance have been nerfed when it comes to certain old raid soloing making our damage bit lower, however our survivability is alot higher.
    I havent done much solo'ing personally since pre mop patch cause been busy with raids and stuff, However at 85 Most of Ulduar/Naxx were at least possible (exept Gluth/Thorim) But they should be easy doable now i can Imagine.
    Defender of the light and cookies
    Rhagen
    WoW Videos

As Ret:
    In Cata, it was possible to solo 3/4 in AV, now it's possible to do all 4. (It's an EXTREMELY close race on the ice guy, because my second gear is garbage)
    Kaelthas is also easily soloable since Cata.
    Alysrazor isn't possible as ret atm, since P2 got fixed and it's no longer possible to
    make Alysrazor leave the circle after he has recharged.
    I don't solo that much more, because I just want to get those sweet mounts.
    Last edited by noepeen; 2012-10-30 at 11:37 AM.

ok... how the hell do you beat kael in TK. I spread them out, then try and kill the chick first, but they seem to run to her and then i am screwed.. and can you solo Hyjal? Haven't tried that one yet.

Deleted
    Alysrazor isn't possible as ret atm, since P2 got fixed and it's no longer possible to
    Are you sure about this, can anyone confirm? I was able to solo her at the start of this week fine. Will find out after raid reset tomorrow/thursday anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Lethora View Post
    Do him as ret. His adds and him just melt. I did 7:56 kill in 460 ret gear.
    Did you still have to pull them outside the boss room? or is 90 enough that you can kill them inside?
    Last edited by Almond Royale; 2012-10-31 at 01:23 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Almond Royale View Post
    Did you still have to pull them outside the boss room? or is 90 enough that you can kill them inside?
    You could guess it from the time. I did not pull them anywhere. Just spread a bit around the room so you have about 10-15 seconds to nuke down Capernian before 3 others reach you.

Quote Originally Posted by Almond Royale View Post
    I just kill them all inside. As soon as all 4 advisors spawn at the same time I make sure I'm standing by Capernian, and hit all CDs. Start with Divine Shield so she doesn't punt me away, then just inq-goak-aw and just nuke Capernian down. After that it's just collect loot and go.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lilly32 View Post
    Id say Pally is right behind DK. Hunter doesnt really solo anything, their pet does. See what a Hunter can do without a pet out and it isnt much. Basically Hunters arent soloing anything they are 3 manning stuff because they have a tank, a healer, and a DPS. I remember seeing pally videos of them soloing Wrath Heroics in only Naxx gear. But thats when Raekwon or whatever his name is took over and all you saw since then were DK videos. I still cant find good pally solo vids.
    The pet is part of their class so it is soloing. Saying they can't solo without the pet is like saying pallies can't solo without their heals.

Quote Originally Posted by noepeen View Post
    I'm trying to solo Alysrazor HC at the moment with 484 ilvl gear. I managed to survive harsh winds and it's confirmed that Alysrazor still flies out to the Ryolith's Ramp. I died to her aoe during his cleave tho.

Although I don't need to do this heroic for the mount, It's fun to solo this fight.

Good luck with your solo's.

Deleted
    Most of you will probably know this, but you can solo Sarth 3D with ease as Ret

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Helai View Post
    Most of you will probably know this, but you can solo Sarth 3D with ease as Ret
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TrxjDU-JGwA

Psh, 25man ftw.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Splosion View Post
    Welp, I know what I'm trying on Wednesday.

Quote Originally Posted by Hammerofpope View Post
    You could solo BT and Hyjal no doubt. Sunwell I'm not so sure about.
    Only problem with hyjal is the third(?) boss, who has a nasty tendancy to put doom on you (which insta-kills you)

As a paladin, you can bubble the first one, but you're toast by the time the second comes around, so you'll need monster dps to kill him before he kills you (or hope he dosen't reset between attempts)

Deleted
    Don't know about the others, but already did all of ICC apart from Gunship, Blood Queen and Valithria at level 85.