Page 22 of 65 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Morchok is soloable. Tried today, got him down after hitting berserk 2 times (~30M with nerf-debuff in 7mins = ~71.5k dps)
    Yor'sahj.. First try I was nuked by those red beams from adds tbh. Next try I ran there into bubble to give them time to come closer, after bubble popped all cds, Sacred Shield of 200k/tick absorb made me immortal. Nuked the boss with same single-target glyphs as on LK, fun of extreme level. He's just melting down with this method..

Anyway.. Zon'ozz.. Didn't search for any paladin videos of it. Tried same tactic as on Yorsahj, but failed. Dmg overwhelmed me a bit + the ball hitting wall finished job (being exact fall damage after). Any clues? Maybe clear part of adds? But what with the ball? It was late cata when I was there last time, I dont remember if it's throwing ppl up only once or more. Falling Avenger / bubble / hand of protection would make it easier. On the other hand maybe just try to bounce the ball as intended (but probly with no adds, or at least with less) to get vengeance and +%dmg on boss.

Bit too sleepy to try today, looking forward for some clues

// Edit:
    Tried it, but somehow I can't clear whole trash. Cleared 2 packs, on third (when you face a boss standing at portal its the one on left side) Claw lifts me up and when I'm going down im getting under textures and dc. Idk what's making that. In firelands there was a problem with dcs on textures with low fps, but 90fps isnt so low. Bah, gonna send a ticket and go to sleep.

Anyway the ball is the key. Due to getting over 100k every few secs from pack on left couldn't kite it too long, but with stacking it to 2-3 (ye, fail) I managed to bring him down to 70% in 3mins. Gonna wait for ticket or bring some ranged to nuke that shit for me and try again tomorrow.
    Last edited by mmoc3a2f805a1a; 2013-04-17 at 12:04 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    http://i.imgur.com/gA4uYuo.jpg

First attempt I wiped to the bone storm at 3%. Equipped more stamina for ~30k more vengeance, and it died 20ish seconds faster

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Michalus View Post
    Morchok is soloable. Tried today, got him down after hitting berserk 2 times (~30M with nerf-debuff in 7mins = ~71.5k dps)
    Yor'sahj.. First try I was nuked by those red beams from adds tbh. Next try I ran there into bubble to give them time to come closer, after bubble popped all cds, Sacred Shield of 200k/tick absorb made me immortal. Nuked the boss with same single-target glyphs as on LK, fun of extreme level. He's just melting down with this method..

Anyway.. Zon'ozz.. Didn't search for any paladin videos of it. Tried same tactic as on Yorsahj, but failed. Dmg overwhelmed me a bit + the ball hitting wall finished job (being exact fall damage after). Any clues? Maybe clear part of adds? But what with the ball? It was late cata when I was there last time, I dont remember if it's throwing ppl up only once or more. Falling Avenger / bubble / hand of protection would make it easier. On the other hand maybe just try to bounce the ball as intended (but probly with no adds, or at least with less) to get vengeance and +%dmg on boss.

Bit too sleepy to try today, looking forward for some clues

// Edit:
    Tried it, but somehow I can't clear whole trash. Cleared 2 packs, on third (when you face a boss standing at portal its the one on left side) Claw lifts me up and when I'm going down im getting under textures and dc. Idk what's making that. In firelands there was a problem with dcs on textures with low fps, but 90fps isnt so low. Bah, gonna send a ticket and go to sleep.

Anyway the ball is the key. Due to getting over 100k every few secs from pack on left couldn't kite it too long, but with stacking it to 2-3 (ye, fail) I managed to bring him down to 70% in 3mins. Gonna wait for ticket or bring some ranged to nuke that shit for me and try again tomorrow.
    managed zon'ozz by going 10+10+10 and then burning him through the berserk with cooldowns, was a bit close though. Didn't have much issue with the trash other than claws picking me up and swinging me around for a long time.

Deleted
    Ye, assumed yesterday its doable with stacking diffusion to 10.
    Got pissed off with that trash, no idea what's happening there. Could just ask a friend to go there and clear it with me, but at 2AM not much ppl playing . Anyway arsed a gm to take a look into my issue. And claws - they are holding you for long time because they were ment to throw you at other player, at least that's how they did as I remember from DS times. When youre solo its just releasing you after some time - at least better that than stucking picked till death.

I was able to solo BC raids on my prot pally at level 70, then the Shield of Righteousness spell got nerfed extremely hard and he's pretty much useless, I used him in PvP, he had like 30k HP unbuffed, but now the damage output, it is truly appalling. If anyone else has had this problem at this level could you suggest something to perhaps bump it up? Also by solo BC raids, the obvious ones that aren't possible are excluded.
    Last edited by Tesan; 2013-04-17 at 11:28 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Animma View Post
    managed zon'ozz by going 10+10+10 and then burning him through the berserk with cooldowns, was a bit close though. Didn't have much issue with the trash other than claws picking me up and swinging me around for a long time.
    So far I'm having problems with survivng stacking the ball to 10 stacks . Stacked first to 7, second to 6, on third accidentally failed and kited the boss on it on 2 stacks. With total 15 stacks died from berserk at 45% =/. Gonna wait for some more gear probably

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'm wondering, what Cataclysm/ Wrath 25 bosses have been soloed as a paladin? How good are paladins at soloing when compared to hunters or death knights?

Quote Originally Posted by Tesan View Post
    I was able to solo BC raids on my prot pally at level 70, then the Shield of Righteousness spell got nerfed extremely hard and he's pretty much useless, I used him in PvP, he had like 30k HP unbuffed, but now the damage output, it is truly appalling. If anyone else has had this problem at this level could you suggest something to perhaps bump it up? Also by solo BC raids, the obvious ones that aren't possible are excluded.
    This is because they changed how Mastery works, capping the damage reduction at 80%. Now, if you are level 70, that wouldn't apply to you, since you wouldn't have Mastery yet (Level 80), but this was the reason it was changed: Level 80 Paladins soloing 10M Normal Stone Guards (a 90 raid boss) isn't good design.

Other than that, as least for PvE, you will likely be needing to move on and hit cap, get gear, etc., to keep soloing more content. PvP, can't help ya there, not a PvPer, though in 5.3, may change some rules, since everyone will have a base 65% Resilience, and Resilience won't be on gear anymore, just PvP Power.
    Games are not necessarily "easier" today. You are just a better player.
    It takes more now to impress many gamers than it did 2-5 years ago, because so much has already been seen and done.
    Many players expect to be wow'd with every release of a beloved franchise.
    These are generally NOT the fault of the developers, but the fault of many players over-hyping and/or setting expectations too high.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ZeroEdgeir View Post
    This is because they changed how Mastery works, capping the damage reduction at 80%. Now, if you are level 70, that wouldn't apply to you, since you wouldn't have Mastery yet (Level 80), but this was the reason it was changed: Level 80 Paladins soloing 10M Normal Stone Guards (a 90 raid boss) isn't good design.
    Didn't knew that they capped dmg reduction at 80%. Low levels were able to solo currrent content because of Vengeance stacking on something like server-lag (lets say 50k hit incoming - SoTR - SoTR applied like 99,9% reduction just after hit, but looks like it was a hit for zylion reduced to 50k, so couple milions vengeance). With so high vengeance, something around crit cap and insane amounts of haste, scrubs were doing dmg like hell and absorbing just everything.. It's partially over - /byebye, come and play with rest of world.

Seems to me that it's still possible to ramp up vengeance this way, but it was capped to player's max hp. Probably gives some solo possibilities, but not so ridiculous as before.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Veiled Shadow View Post
    I'm wondering, what Cataclysm/ Wrath 25 bosses have been soloed as a paladin? How good are paladins at soloing when compared to hunters or death knights?
    I don't think anyone is at the level of a blood death knight for soloing content.
    Quote Originally Posted by A Chozo View Post
    Humans Paladins don't have "a lot of lore" behind them.

Deleted
    While searching for tips for soloing content on my DK (newb geared and I'm unskilled in playing it anyway), I found channel of Monk soloist - http://www.youtube.com/user/Wannoob79/videos
    Monks aren't that bad too

Deleted
    I decided to have a try at Firelands, and was able to solo all bosses on 10 normal. Believe it or not, Baleroc was by far the hardest boss. (quite reliant on luck) For Baleroc it's not a bad idea to use a trinket with a dodge use if you have any lying around. Ardent Defender/Lay on Hands can save you from 2x Decimation, otherwise just cross your fingers pretty much.

Forgot to post much but over the last week or so, with finishing normal tot (yay lol) i gave BoT hc another shot, 1 shot halfus hc, and 2 shot V&T hc, i didn;t give much effort into AC that lockout, but went back with 2 mates and they died within first 30 seconds (glacite killed healer... idk why he was there but meh) so i kept going and solo'd it till P3, 27% life, but the dmg is way to insane, maybe with a few changes like holy prism for the extra heals.
    Also gave Ultraxion a shot, only 1 due to trash resetting and lets face it, it's not fun enough to do multiple times, i died by taking too much of a risk but wasn't behind the enrage by much... looks quite doable with better gear.

edit:... Also managed magmaw hc, was very tight to enrage tbh.

For the 80 twinks in here, are you able to solo precious/stinky in ICC 25? I am able to handle them right up until the decimate, and then I can't heal back up because of the mortal wound stacks...
    Warlock Soloing & Progress | FC: 4141-3143-3405 | Metang, Mawile, and Klefki

Quote Originally Posted by jaymzkerten View Post
    For the 80 twinks in here, are you able to solo precious/stinky in ICC 25? I am able to handle them right up until the decimate, and then I can't heal back up because of the mortal wound stacks...
    Im a 85 twink, but keep Sacred Shield up. This keeps me alive atleast, dont be afraid to use cooldowns either.

Its possible to heal yourself a bit by using the 70% sprint and bubble once the dog is close to you, but I didnt bother.
    Draenor EU: Archavious - Level 120 Warlock ; Loaen - Level 120 Demon Hunter ; Arathia - Level 120 Paladin ; Mitosis - Level 110 Priest ; Toreck - Level 110 Hunter ; Aeralinde - Level 110 Mage ; Crikey - Level 110 Warrior

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'm wondering if I can solo Northrend beasts in ToC 25N. I do it in 10N pretty easily but never tried the 25N version.
    My armory : http://eu.battle.net/wow/fr/characte...Vodalos/simple
    Of course I'll doit in ret spec and gear.

I'm french, I'm really sorry if my english is bad. I try to do my best.

Deleted
    dont often post on these forums but ive managed to solo quite a bit.

LK 25 hc, Cho'gall hc, sinestra, Most of Uld 25 except Thorim.

All of ICC25 hc except gunship, marrowgar and blood queen oh and Val.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jaymzkerten View Post
    As has been said, if you keep SS up, you'll live. It's actually possible for decimate to heal you due to how it functions

Quote Originally Posted by Splosion View Post
    As has been said, if you keep SS up, you'll live. It's actually possible for decimate to heal you due to how it functions
    Guess I'll have to pay more attention to SS, ended up just switching to LAotL and spamming judgement while kiting to get stacks to drop.
    Warlock Soloing & Progress | FC: 4141-3143-3405 | Metang, Mawile, and Klefki

Quote Originally Posted by Animma View Post
    With what iLvl?