Page 5 of 65 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    I had around ilvl462 but im sure u can do it with a bit less in ilvl maybe 450 is the lows u can do it in and not hit the enrage timer.
    Huh? You could do the boss before MoP, even before the prepatch for MoP... You could do LK probably naked right now at level 90, unless it's heroic mode you're talking about. A reason why you hit the enrage was probably because you used HotR for single-target or didn't purposely take more damage from stuff to get more vengeance (apart from the AoE phase).

It's great and all that you could kill LK, but that, Kel'thuzad and all the other extremely easy bosses have been done aaaaaaages ago. Once my guild is done with progress I'll probably get back to soloing a bit, going to try some challenges again (T11, T12).

Quote Originally Posted by Turvakapsu View Post
    Huh? You could do the boss before MoP, even before the prepatch for MoP... You could do LK probably naked right now at level 90, unless it's heroic mode you're talking about. A reason why you hit the enrage was probably because you used HotR for single-target or didn't purposely take more damage from stuff to get more vengeance (apart from the AoE phase).

It's great and all that you could kill LK, but that, Kel'thuzad and all the other extremely easy bosses have been done aaaaaaages ago. Once my guild is done with progress I'll probably get back to soloing a bit, going to try some challenges again (T11, T12).
    1. No I didn't use HoR for single target.
    2.It was done before level 90 aka at 85 in heroic raid gear from t13 maybe some t12.
    3.No you can not do it naked right now.

Personally there was no need for you to be a dick.

With the vengeance hotfix that happen it dose not scale superhigh like it did so the most dps i was pulling single target was around 22k.
    so it only scale's so high even more so when i dodge/parry/blocked a bit as a prot pally.

He asked a question i answered it.

Also if you use DS on the LK fight good chance a valk will pick you up right after i had it happen to me a few times.

It was my first kill i could care less if it was done ages ago or not as i said i was just answering his question.

Edit: also to add to do it before MOP as a prot you had to have 450 engineering and get the assassin that can take argo so you can spread the dot in phase 1 to kill the add's faster.

Without the assassin the dot never happens.
    Last edited by Jtbrig7390; 2012-11-14 at 07:31 AM.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kuku2 View Post
    Kael'thas is easier than he's ever been. Just kite Thaladrad and Sanguinar to the beginning, kill the Capernian on the top tier of Al'ar's room. Kill Telonicus right outside Kael's room. Kill the weapons in the same spot. Kill Telonicus, Capernian, Sanguinar and Thaladrad and wait outside Kael's room. Telonicus will go down fast, but Sanguinar will probably catch up before you kill Capernian. It shouldn't be hard to keep yourself alive, though. Then make sure you're far enough to make Kael go outside of his room. You don't need the mace. Be careful if you are using the 450 engineering trinket, as it spawns a "pet," which enables Kael to MC you. I save bubble in case this happens. When Kael disables gravity, get away from him until the clouds despawn. Easy fight.
    You don't even need to spread them that far nowadays.
    Actually, when I hit ilvl of 480 in my gear, I stopped spreading adds at all, just killing them as soon as they spawned. In p3, I just popped everything, nuked down Capernian and Telonicus fast and then it was walk in the park.
    My best kill time is around 6 minutes.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    1. No I didn't use HoR for single target.
    2.It was done before level 90 aka at 85 in heroic raid gear from t13 maybe some t12.
    3.No you can not do it naked right now.

Personally there was no need for you to be a dick.

With the vengeance hotfix that happen it dose not scale superhigh like it did so the most dps i was pulling single target was around 22k.
    so it only scale's so high even more so when i dodge/parry/blocked a bit as a prot pally.

He asked a question i answered it.

Also if you use DS on the LK fight good chance a valk will pick you up right after i had it happen to me a few times.

It was my first kill i could care less if it was done ages ago or not as i said i was just answering his question.

Edit: also to add to do it before MOP as a prot you had to have 450 engineering and get the assassin that can take argo so you can spread the dot in phase 1 to kill the add's faster.

Without the assassin the dot never happens.
    You did use it in p3. I'm not trying to be a dick but eh... well. Also, when I killed it before MoP I didn't use the engineering assassin tinker.

As I said, grats for your kill.

look up
    '[Solo - Sunwell] Retribution Paladin - 5.0.5' on youtube
    my vid of soloing sunwell; not a how to but shows that it's possible
    ilvl is around 470ish in recording

Quote Originally Posted by Turvakapsu View Post
    You did use it in p3. I'm not trying to be a dick but eh... well. Also, when I killed it before MoP I didn't use the engineering assassin tinker.

As I said, grats for your kill.
    I did use what in p3?
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

You guys made me do Razorgore again... he was surprisingly easy, I ran in and killed him on the first try. Eternal Flame and Righteous Fury with Kings & Seal of Insight up and he was a walk in the park, converting the movie to a better format as I write this, uploading to YT in about 30mins I reckon. Still not able to kill Vael without dying though. Oh, and I've figured out the secret to RoS now as ret aswell, but it'll remain a secret for a little while longer. Happy hunting!

---------- Post added 2012-11-19 at 07:42 AM ----------

Well, here it is:

---------- Post added 2012-11-19 at 07:30 PM ----------

And here you go:
    Last edited by Rasstapp; 2012-11-19 at 06:42 AM.

Just a quick question guys, I'm currently at Item lvl 447, with full crafted pvp armour and various other items, I can't see myself raiding for a while (My guild took a big hit during Cata and we are down to roughly 6 members, none of which are interested in LFR) so my gear will be limited. How far into ICC or Cata Raids do you guys think would I be able to go based on gear alone? Main spec prot, off spec ret (haven't played it since wrath though). Any help advise would be awesome, thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by pyromatic View Post
    Just a quick question guys, I'm currently at Item lvl 447, with full crafted pvp armour and various other items, I can't see myself raiding for a while (My guild took a big hit during Cata and we are down to roughly 6 members, none of which are interested in LFR) so my gear will be limited. How far into ICC or Cata Raids do you guys think would I be able to go based on gear alone? Main spec prot, off spec ret (haven't played it since wrath though). Any help advise would be awesome, thanks.
    Soloing as of right now seems to be more down to your talent choices and adapting them accordingly to what's necessary for the fight rather than gear, but if you're going as ret you'll probably want at least 15-17% haste before you start, or Holy power regen might be too low to make it work.

Deleted
    Managed Rezuvious, Gothik and the 4 horsemen on 25 as prot, Patchwerk smashed me all over when he enraged. Havnt tried 25 man Ulduar but on 10 man I can solo everything up to Vezax (Mana would not regen as prot last i tried wierdly) All of ICC is doable bar the lootship and dreamwalker. Managed to solo omnitron in BWD 10, impossible to do magmaw it seems. Anything pre wrath is doable in my opinion if the mechanics allow.

Deleted
    I am tempted to go try 25 man Sartharion 3D (and a lot of others) once my guild is done with progression. Right now i'm very limited in time with school and raiding.

Will be interesting to see what we pallies can pull off.

Deleted
    Cleared Ulduar 10 (without Algalon) as Ret.
    Wen't Prot for Iron Council.

Vezax was hard but doable with a little luck. Rest was more or less easy

Deleted
    Haven't read much of this thread but just wanna say that I solo'd most of Naxx 25 yesterday. Pretty much impossible to solo Patchwerk because of the insane damage, unless you find a way to kite one of the mobs named 'Deathknight' to him, because they give him a debuff that takes 1% heal everytime he attacks, this also requires ridiculous amounts of survivability so I couldn't do it as Ret.
    Since I couldn't get past Patch, I wasn't able to try the rest of the 'Abom wing' so not too sure if that's possible. For the same reason as Patchwerk, it was also impossible for me to kill Instructor Razuvious, it might be possible with flasks and shit, but I just didn't bother. Drank an invisibility pot and skipped him, killed Gothik without any problems, and did 4 horsemen which was a little tricky, just slaughter the guy who does 'Meteor' as fast as possible, while kiting Rivendare to the chick. 'Spider Wing' was probably the easiest, 'Plague Wing' wasn't too bad either, Sapphiron and Kel'Thuzad was also a lot easier than I thought.
    I switched to Seal of Wisdom every now and again on different fights, but all in all it really wasn't as hard as I thought, was pretty fun though!

Has anyone successfully soloed Halion? He wasn't doing to much damage to me (as ret) but as soon as he started healing my DPS was not even near enough to bring him down.

10+ Year Old Account
    You'll probably have an easier time as prot, as the twilight realm "bug" with the boss dealing more and more damage is still in effect afaik. I haven't tried any other difficulties than 25HC recently, and as far as I can see it works there, so should in all.

Was able to clear all of TOC as ret
    “A delayed game is eventually good, a bad game is bad forever.”
    ― Shigeru Miyamoto

Deleted
    Just did Malygos 25man as ret on 3rd try, first 2 times I died from enrage on 2-4%, so it's really tight, time before enrage on kill was 9:49 so pretty much 11s to enrage, tacs same as 10man, just try going through first 2 phases asap, use SoT and everything on CD, use LoH then u get low GL on mount who will try it
    P.S. My ilvl is 481

Deleted
    Pretty easily considering we now have both great tank heals and lots of AoE heals + cooldowns.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bagsis View Post
    Just did Malygos 25man as ret on 3rd try, first 2 times I died from enrage on 2-4%, so it's really tight, time before enrage on kill was 9:49 so pretty much 11s to enrage, tacs same as 10man, just try going through first 2 phases asap, use SoT and everything on CD, use LoH then u get low GL on mount who will try it
    P.S. My ilvl is 481
    I got both mounts on 10man, no real need to stress yourself with 25man version of fight