Page 8 of 65 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Firefly33 View Post
    Just try as prot in retri gear. Very very simple. Had 1 wipe on magmaw (enrage), one shot omnitron, 1 wipe on halfus (enrage). V&T down to 15% on first pull and 8% second pull. Damn enrage. Did not have time to try Atramedes and Maloriak since I could not kill the trash before them. Got a tactic to kill the dragon infront of maloriak, though no idea how to solo the execution sentence guy infront of atramedes. Possible to bubble 1 execution sentence but that is not enough. Maybe possible as retri.
    Would they actually do it if you're only 1 person?

Quote Originally Posted by Anduin View Post
    Im looking to solo Heroic 25man LK on my Paladin. What spec/glyphs/stats would you advise for this specific encounter?
    This, as prot ofc.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rasstapp View Post
    Would they actually do it if you're only 1 person?
    Yes. They would.

Quote Originally Posted by silverhatred View Post
    This, as prot ofc.
    Thank you. I am curious if HLK 25 solo is possible at current gear levels. Thanks!

arent pallys like the 2nd best soloing class behind blood dk?
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    arent pallys like the 2nd best soloing class behind blood dk?
    Plate wearers all have an advantage over everyone else.
    For non-plate, hunters and locks to some intend are the second tier in line.

As for heroic LK 25 man .... I don't think you can solo that.
    Maybe, if you are amongst the worlds best pally players, but definitely not the average player.

10+ Year Old Account
    Prot lacks damage for beating most of enrage timers in 25M.

On the side note, AQ40 is faceroll now. Viscidus/Twins/C'thun included. Blizz made those sooooo easy and non-frustrating.
    Oh, and a friendly tip: you have to actually hit both Emperors or one corpse will despawn (I learned it the hard way, killed them this week before teleport happened).

Deleted
    AQ20 - Easy.
    AQ40 - Easy. (C'thun was still a drag.)
    BWL - Easy. (I hate those fucking traps before Broodlord.)
    MC - Easy.

Karazhan - Easy.
    TK - Easy. Kael'thas can be a douche, he's a Medium.
    SSC - Easy.
    BT - Easy.
    Hyjal - Medium.
    SWP - Easy/Medium

Naxxramas 10 - Easy. Other than Thaddius.
    OS10 3D - Easy.
    Malygos - Easy.
    Vault of Archavon - Easy.
    Ulduar 10 - Medium.
    Trial of the Crusader - Easy.
    Icecrown Citadel - Medium

Bastion of Twilight - Hard/Impossible. (Halfus and Valiona are Medium.)
    Blackwing Descent - Hard/Impossible. (Magmaw and Omnotron are Medium..)
    Throne of the Four Winds - Hard/Impossible (Al'akir has been solo'd apparently).
    Firelands - Hard/Impossible. (Alysrazor is soloable as Retribution.)
    Dragon Soul - Hard/Impossible. (Mionelol has solo'd Morchok on her Paladin, massive shock gasp horror there though. )

Hope this helps everyone.

Tips -
    Viscidus - Use Elemental Force on your weapon, this counts as Frost damage.
    Malygos - Use the rotation in Phase 3 - 1-1-2-3.
    Kalecgos - You cannot solo Kalecgos, you have to avoid him.

I will add more tips once people post them.
    Last edited by mmoc11e8dbe511; 2012-12-10 at 04:20 PM.

Deleted
    In what universe swp is hard? oneshoted everything with 487ilvl ret except for kalecgos

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bagsis View Post
    In what universe swp is hard? oneshoted everything with 487ilvl ret except for kalecgos
    Well spotted, I meant to put that as Easy/Medium. Fankoo.

Deleted
    All as prot

Halfus - Easy, no luck involved. Release all drakes and aoe.
    V&T - Medium - Simply dps check, nothing to do with hard mechanics. Often swapping to seal of truth and standing in shit to get vegeance.

Magmaw - Easy, slight dps check
    Omnotron - Very easy
    Chimaeron - Doable with EXTREME luck / someone figures out a reliable way to reset break.
    Atramedes - Expect to be easy except trash is hard
    Maloriak - Expect to be easy except trash is hard
    Last edited by mmoc4d8e5d065a; 2012-12-10 at 04:09 PM.

Deleted
    to guy above who says thaddius isnt easy i did nax couple weeks ago on my ret with 472 ilvl and hes just as easy as anything the 2 adds can be cleaved next to each other with no problem and the negative/positive charges mean nothing cos no one else to affect.

i thought only roadblock would be razuvious but he can be tank and spanked with seals of heals and WoG spam:P
    Last edited by mmoc969cab634e; 2012-12-10 at 04:13 PM.

Deleted
    All as prot

Halfus - Easy, no luck involved. Release all drakes and aoe.
    V&T - Medium - Simply dps check, nothing to do with hard mechanics. Often swapping to seal of truth and standing in shit to get vegeance.

Magmaw - Easy, slight dps check
    Omnotron - Very easy
    Chimaeron - Doable with EXTREME luck / someone figures out a reliable way to reset break.
    Atramedes - Expect to be easy except trash is hard
    Once Atramdes/Chim/Maloriak are solo'd, I'll post BWD as a Medium.

Deleted
    Well, don't have to post entire BWD, but first 2 bosses are a joke. I would need help to clear trash / use a clever tactic that I had in mind to get the trash down.

Planning on getting V&T down and continuin on council next.

Quote Originally Posted by Wildtree View Post
    Plate wearers all have an advantage over everyone else.
    For non-plate, hunters and locks to some intend are the second tier in line.
    Both my hunter and lock can solo 10x more than my paladin. Plate may be better on soloing extremely easy stuff. But when it comes to the hard stuff. Prot does not meet the dps requirements and retri does not have the healing / survivability.
    Last edited by mmoc4d8e5d065a; 2012-12-10 at 04:19 PM.

Deleted
    Well, don't have to post entire BWD, but first 2 bosses are a joke. I would need help to clear trash / use a clever tactic that I had in mind to get the trash down.
    Cheers mate. You're always a help on these forums. Have you got any tips for any bosses noted down?

Don't forget that adds buff each other and boss, reducing damage taken and increasing damage done. Add on top of this breath which deals few millions damage and heavy heal on boss, which you won't be able to dispel. You will need a lot of dps to make up for having adds on top of boss and to outdps boss' healing (on top of his heavy damage reduction from adds), and yet survive all that beating and unshared breath. I'd say nigh impossible until next expansion.

Edit: apparently breath hits only for 400k unshared damage on 10 normal. But expect way more damage than that due to adds buffing boss.
    Last edited by Ferocity; 2012-12-10 at 04:26 PM.

Deleted
    True that with the dispell, my hunter got dispell so forgot that my paladin do not. Already have the tactic down for adds + breath but guess will be impossible without dispell :P
    So can put maloriak to impossible until we get dispell / enough dps to out dps the heal.

Omnotron - Just SoI dps, do not dps the ones with shield up. Generally if you do not have alot of hp, do not stand in shit. Try to keep bosses in poison clouds and stand in arcane runes. I really have no idea if enrage is an issue since I one shot this. Nothing was particulary hard. You can interrupt arcane annihilators if you want it.

Magmaw - Only dps the boss. Walk left and right with parasite and get a good chunk of 50+ parasites. Dps boss, when you got <50% hp, SotR the parasites to get full HP then back to boss.

Halfus - Release all drakes, cleave and AoE, nothing to say really. Optimize your dps. Enrage can be a bit hard.

V&T - Enrage is the only issue. Try finding a nice balance between standing in shit to get vengeance and healing yourself. Tactic I used was to overlap 5 void zones the Theralion phase and pop cds and stand in them. Pop small cd on blackout.

V&T - Enrage is the only issue. Try finding a nice balance between standing in shit to get vengeance and healing yourself. Tactic I used was to overlap 5 void zones the Theralion phase and pop cds and stand in them. Pop small cd on blackout.

What's your gear level? V&T is doable in DPS gear at a respectable gear ilvl. Always remember to use things like strength flask, drums of kings, str food, prepot, etc. Keep double censure stacks going with a focus judgement macro.

Council is going to be way harder as the enrage is pretty tight in P3 with shit gear. You have to make sure you get all the guys down close to 25% each before pushing a phase transition. It's even better if you can get Terrastra to do a hardened skin, burn him for w/e HP that lowers his health % then push the phase transition.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Equalizer View Post
    What's your gear level? V&T is doable in DPS gear at a respectable gear ilvl. Always remember to use things like strength flask, drums of kings, str food, prepot, etc. Keep double censure stacks going with a focus judgement macro.

Council is going to be way harder as the enrage is pretty tight in P3 with shit gear. You have to make sure you get all the guys down close to 25% each before pushing a phase transition. It's even better if you can get Terrastra to do a hardened skin, burn him for w/e HP that lowers his health % then push the phase transition.
    Well, only did 2 pulls on V&T, got down to 7% or so. So yeah, it is very doable. Did not min-max much.

Recently swapped to pally as main again, been soloing things and went in bwd, magmaw was my real progress fight, hits very hardand my gear was bad, after getting a peice or two i'm now at 480ilvl, went back killed magmaw and omnotron, my real question is, does anyone have a tactic for chimaeron?

its the `double attack` that kills me, i try and time my WoG so that i can use it just after the first but before the 2nd or i'm dead.
    Maloriak, i rekon easy but i never went and attempted, he has the huge heal which needs purging, thats the only thing stopping the kill i.m.o