Page 9 of 65 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by TwentyTwelve View Post
    Recently swapped to pally as main again, been soloing things and went in bwd, magmaw was my real progress fight, hits very hardand my gear was bad, after getting a peice or two i'm now at 480ilvl, went back killed magmaw and omnotron, my real question is, does anyone have a tactic for chimaeron?

its the `double attack` that kills me, i try and time my WoG so that i can use it just after the first but before the 2nd or i'm dead.
    Maloriak, i rekon easy but i never went and attempted, he has the huge heal which needs purging, thats the only thing stopping the kill i.m.o
    I did not die until after the second feud when I had 5 stacks of break up. I simply just heal through. The tactic seems to be to get lucky with dodge and parry.

i've had various feuds after my 3rd attempt, i got the hang of it, i pushed Chim to around 65% before giving up, i'll try again when i can be bothered/better gear, i had like 3 mins till enrage at 65% so i would hit it regardless if i survived all the way.

Still never tried maloriak that drake infront of him ate me around 40%... damn his 100k + hits.

speaking of trial of the crusader...is the 25 man one possible as ret or prot? want a shot at the 2h axe as i never did get that in wrath.

like 480 ilvl and average player.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by anaxie View Post
    Solod all of icc10 normal as ret no wipes my first try this week. No reason atall or mog was just nostaligic.

Frostweave goes for alot tho. Lich king really simple i slowed dps even so i could do all phases normally. Dreamwalker is easy just FoL + Wog. dont zone in or she despawns.

Burst blood queen so u dont die had 50 seconds to spare, Blood princes never threw orb to 2nd guy, SAURFANG actuall sucked had to bubble his healing stacks off he can match your dps with heals unless ur cding or in HoW range, GUNSHIP you have to be fast to fire and kill mage and get back youll cutit close by like 10% hp left on ur ship.

So yeah anything below cata is soloable as RET now.
    Was fascinated with the idea of soloing icc 10 last night, so I went for it. First two are fairly easy, gunship is a awlk in the park if you maximize cannon fire time and remember to faceroll the front adds on your way back from killing the mage on the other ship. Oh and putting the rocket pack on BEFORE starting the encounter helps^^

Anyways, got my ass handed to me by saurfang. Brought him down pretty good with cooldowns (seal of insight, though) and managed to keep up damage-wise with his healing for a while, but later in the fight while waiting for cooldowns to come back up I have to heal too much and loose to his healing. Also I didn't quite get what debuff I should be bubbling, some of them aren't removable, anyway.

Any help appreciated

Deleted
    Wouldn't Chim be a walk in the park as Protection? All dat Vengeance.

For Saurfang, you want to bubble out of a Rune of Blood. That's the one that heals him when he hits you.

I found him too difficult as Ret, too. I switched to Prot (but still wearing DPS gear), and he became much easier, both in terms of surviving and getting past his healing (because fewer hits land). I didn't try it again as Ret, but if you're going to stick with that, try using Sacred Shield, I think absorbed hits don't heal him.

Deleted
    With 487ilvl i just bursted him down... After bursting i turn on SoI, after Cd came back he died
    Last edited by mmoc0290e8efba; 2012-12-11 at 11:24 AM.

Deleted
    If anyone has any tips for raid boss soloing, please write them down and I will add them to my post scaling easy-hard and tips.

Use Brunnhildar Harpoon (http://www.wowhead.com/item=43600) on Viscidous if you can't find the enchant.

Deleted
    Omnitron was soloed on 85.However the old soloing thread just "disappeared" somewhere.
    Atramedes should be a pure joke.I bet it was doable at 85 but no one tried it.
    ToC25 should be doable.First boss throws a nasty stacking dot but bubble will take care of it.
    Jaraxxus is joke kill adds when pop and collect lootz.
    Faction champs will be annoying while waiting to go OOM and the Val'kyrs are not hard at all.
    Anub will be impossible but i need more info bout him.

Quote Originally Posted by rambominator View Post
    Omnitron was soloed on 85.However the old soloing thread just "disappeared" somewhere.
    Atramedes should be a pure joke.I bet it was doable at 85 but no one tried it.
    ToC25 should be doable.First boss throws a nasty stacking dot but bubble will take care of it.
    Jaraxxus is joke kill adds when pop and collect lootz.
    Faction champs will be annoying while waiting to go OOM and the Val'kyrs are not hard at all.
    Anub will be impossible but i need more info bout him.
    The hard part about ToC isn't the DoT from the first boss it's the little adds he drops after he dies and the two worms after him.

soloed onyxia 25 as prot, using only judgement, AV and cons for air phase xD

did not think about it before, probably with glyph of harsh word, and prism/ES it would be much faster )

also FL25+1 is not very hard(few vehicle, avoid hits and pray him not to one shot your cars); got ignis25 to 20% before enrage - a better geared pally can kill it, probably
    Aldoraan Ret Pally since 2.4

Outland - love forever

Chimaeron dosent give insane vengance anymore, the only reason it was solo'd in the past is because mionee had 1m vengance army and the warrior had insane vengance shield absorb, i was getting a max of 50k vengance (give or take), it isn't doable yet i.m.o, maybe in full BiS / if someone finds a method of resetting break.

Tips... havent solo'd much yet on my pally but for the 2 in BWD...
    Magmaw glyph, Final wrath and Focused shield for more single dps, keep worms up and use them for free heals... save big cds for the mangles (most dmg part, aka Holy Avanger...

Omnotron, keep the glyphs above, single target, bubble the toxitron adds...

Will start soloing a lot more, still lowish ilvl but planning on heading into BoT, i saw someone commented on 2/4 being done by pally. Planning to try AC

10+ Year Old Account

My Latest Solo feat Alysrazor as a Protection Paladin : )
    Defender of the light and cookies
    Rhagen
    WoW Videos

lmao killed alys 1 min ago too, gj ;p

Edit; too low gear i think, will keep attempting, best % for Beth atm is 30% :/
    Last edited by TwentyTwelve; 2012-12-15 at 02:40 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Splosion View Post
    Does this count for BoT? XD
    No, not really. It counts for using broken mechanics to solo old fights, but not for paladin soloing.
    I mean, fun and all, though yeah, it does not really fall into the same bracket as paladin soloing as you would not have had the same results at level cap.

Especially do not count as you were 3. ( yes, they did not do damage but they still soaked a shitton of damage and healed ).
    Last edited by mmoc4d8e5d065a; 2012-12-15 at 05:25 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Firefly33 View Post
    No, not really. It counts for using broken mechanics to solo old fights, but not for paladin soloing.
    I mean, fun and all, though yeah, it does not really fall into the same bracket as paladin soloing as you would not have had the same results at level cap.

Especially do not count as you were 3. ( yes, they did not do damage but they still soaked a shitton of damage and healed ).
    They were a mage and a warrior. They sure as hell didn't heal me

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Splosion View Post
    They were a mage and a warrior. They sure as hell didn't heal me
    Nah, but they soaked a shitton of damage. Basically all damage on the fight comes from random target abilities and splitting that damage with 2 other players, well, yeah.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Firefly33 View Post
    Nah, but they soaked a shitton of damage. Basically all damage on the fight comes from random target abilities and splitting that damage with 2 other players, well, yeah.
    http://www.wowhead.com/spell=86369

except it isn't split. Dungeon journal will tell you that