Page 13 of 65 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Gave it another go, Didn't manage to get him below 70% pre-enrage.. as soon as enrage hit saurfang hit 100% hp in no time and i didn't last for longer than 40 seconds.

Could be gear, could be something else..

@kragorr, Heroic 10 or heroic 25? I'm curious to try now.

Paladin and D3 Moderator | MMO-C Guidelines | Signature and avatar art by Dancing Hare

Heroic 10, Good luck and fraps it for all of us :>

No luck i take it?

Quote Originally Posted by Kragorr View Post
    No luck i take it?
    Hrm, kinda forgot about this thread. I couldn't get past gunship and didn't really try after. I'm going to see if I can drag someone to help me with gunship.

EDIT: Nope. Same as you. Hovering around 74%, and then when he enraged I just dropped like tofu. His melee was hitting me for 58k+ with 300% attack speed.
    Last edited by Fhi; 2013-01-02 at 11:30 PM.

Paladin and D3 Moderator | MMO-C Guidelines | Signature and avatar art by Dancing Hare

Might sound bad but i'm glad it's not just me ..

Titan
    EDIT: Ok, it turns out the glyphs DO work on the guardian, and this time, he didn't get any debuff from the slash. Strange, but yes, he survived perfectly through it. 4m11s kill, and it wasn't that difficult either.

Trying Sunwell as ret. Skipping Kalec obviously. Fairly new to ret, only picked it up last week when i resubbed, but already i've beaten all of the content i could do as prot, and even made my BT run much faster (Council is the only one i spec prot for, but that's all about survivability).

Since the vengeance change months ago, Brutallus is out of bounds for me as Prot. The magic damage from the cone doesn't add up to nearly enough vengeance now, whereas before, soloing it was only a moderate challenge, and the enrage could be countered by all cooldowns, which let you survive but get immense amounts of vengeance.

So, i went in as ret to see whether i could manage it. Brutallus is just roflstomping me. The best i've managed was 800K, and that was using Terracotta Guardian trinket summon (700K health mob with multiple taunts, does a fantastic job of holding aggro). He died at around 2M, and past that, i just didn't have the damage, and so i couldn't finish him properly (the slashes were stacking too high to cope with). This was even with doing a 3-slash taunt rotation for much of the fight so that the guardian might survive a little longer, and throwing instant FoL and ES on him. Even used my LoH on him at one point.

I'm considering trying again and using Battle Healer to see whether it'll heal the guardian, but i'm still not sure it'll be enough even if it does work. If i can keep the guardian alive throughout, then it shouldn't be much of a problem, as damage output isn't an issue (the wipe above was after 3m44s so plenty of time left).

My ilvl is only 458 (i don't raid, and i've no tolerance for PVP these days), but surely it shouldn't be impossible. In fact, there's a YouTube video of someone managing it as ret (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dg6CUEVrKks). I can survive to enrage as prot, and even try and push through as vengeance stacks from the melee swings, and i can almost destroy Brut as ret if using that trinket, but i can't kill him while surviving as either spec. By the end, i've used all my cooldowns, done everything i can, but i still wipe.

I'm was using the TV Glyph to minimize the damage i take when i do need to take aggro, as well as the Inq. glyph for the sake of not needing to worry about it as much (probably a bad choice) but i'm thinking the PotI glyph might work wonders (as long as i create a macro to focus it on the guardian and do some taunting once his stacks get too high). Along with Battle Healer and WoG (3% damage), it might be an awesome combo. Then again, it could turn out to be terrible. I guess i'm just not sure what'll work.

Anyone got any tips?
    Last edited by Chronalis; 2013-01-03 at 10:04 PM.
    [...]

As 488ilvl Ret SWP was just tank & spank all the way, almost everything dies before wings end... BT same... ICC 10man normal same (on gunship just jump to other side fast and kill mage and jump back, got hit from boss like 2 times... after 2-3 times of jumping back and forth - WIN)... Only tried ICC 25man Morrowgar as prot (480ilvl), droped like a fly, didn't try 2nd boss... OS 3D 10man dies in like 25-30sec, 25man needed help so 2xRet easy, solo need more dps... Malygos 10man faceroll, 25man tight enrage timer, but i've managed it in like 9:50 and enrage is 10:00 as i recall correcly, In Cata raids only done Halfus as prot, didn't tried anything else since...
    As you can see, ret is THE way to go for soloing... and i would post some screenshots but i can't... (need to write more posts or something)
    Last edited by Bagsis; 2013-01-03 at 10:21 PM.

@Synthaxx, it's probably a gear level issue. What did you reforge to? I run my friend every week because she wants some shiny from kiljaeden. I ret the whole place - mostly barely surviving but much faster than prot. Except for brutallus, had to switch to prot for that. Can't survive as ret, but as prot, I didn't have to do anything special either.

What I do for Brutallus is just bubble whenever the stacks seem about to kill you for the next strike (4-5 stacks IIRC), which pretty much doubles the time you can survive. Keep healing with WoG and keep Sacred Shield up, and you should be able to kill him before they get too high again. This as retri, not prot.

I soloed Fathom Lord Karathress back at 85 and had a video of it. I had a lot of people recently ask me if I could do it at 90 and post a video of it. I did it tonight and made a video and loaded it to youtube for anyone still trying to solo it and dealing with the Cataclysmic Bolt.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BsAqMOmhHTI&

The Patient
    Classes by soloing ability (descending order)
    1. Blood Death Knight
    2. Hunter
    3. Warlock
    4. ??? (Probably paladin)

Paladins are very good at soloing though (in fact, all of these classes are).

I think title should be changed to how well can (lvl 80) pally solo current raids? (answer: surprisingly well!)
    Keeping it url since 1864.

Very little of the actual thread has been about 80 soloing.
    Volun-told - A supposedly optional event, award, assignment, or activity in which a person (or persons) are required to attend either by persons-in-charge nominating them or their peers expecting them to be there. The individual often has no say in the matter, and non-attendance in frowned upon.

I am so tired of seeing terrible people, being admired, for being terrible people.

Quote Originally Posted by Firefly33 View Post
    Very little of the actual thread has been about 80 soloing.
    This. And for the most part it's turned into a solo'ng discussion rather than answering how well we can do it

The Patient
    Just about every "impressive" 80 Paladin solo (LK 25-heroic, Sartharion 3D-25) is an exploit. They have a mastery bug that lets them do 3M DPS and Blizzard hasn't fixed it. . .

Quote Originally Posted by Veiled Shadow View Post
    Just about every "impressive" 80 Paladin solo (LK 25-heroic, Sartharion 3D-25) is an exploit. They have a mastery bug that lets them do 3M DPS and Blizzard hasn't fixed it. . .
    Also solo'd Stone Guard, olol.

Let's keep the level 80 prot paladin madness confined to this thread, please.

i`ve solo`d alysrazor 10 heroic in Firelands as protection, preety easy.

Quote Originally Posted by Malthanis View Post
    Let's keep the level 80 prot paladin madness confined to this thread, please.
    Can we rename both of these threads respectively via levels?
    For example, this thread: "Level 90 Paladin soloing thread."
    Other thread: "Level 80 Paladin soloing thread."