Page 13 of 65 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    No luck i take it?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kragorr View Post
    No luck i take it?
    Hrm, kinda forgot about this thread. I couldn't get past gunship and didn't really try after. I'm going to see if I can drag someone to help me with gunship.

EDIT: Nope. Same as you. Hovering around 74%, and then when he enraged I just dropped like tofu. His melee was hitting me for 58k+ with 300% attack speed.
    Last edited by Fhi; 2013-01-02 at 11:30 PM.

Might sound bad but i'm glad it's not just me ..

Deleted
    As 488ilvl Ret SWP was just tank & spank all the way, almost everything dies before wings end... BT same... ICC 10man normal same (on gunship just jump to other side fast and kill mage and jump back, got hit from boss like 2 times... after 2-3 times of jumping back and forth - WIN)... Only tried ICC 25man Morrowgar as prot (480ilvl), droped like a fly, didn't try 2nd boss... OS 3D 10man dies in like 25-30sec, 25man needed help so 2xRet easy, solo need more dps... Malygos 10man faceroll, 25man tight enrage timer, but i've managed it in like 9:50 and enrage is 10:00 as i recall correcly, In Cata raids only done Halfus as prot, didn't tried anything else since...
    As you can see, ret is THE way to go for soloing... and i would post some screenshots but i can't... (need to write more posts or something)
    Last edited by mmoc0290e8efba; 2013-01-03 at 10:21 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    @Synthaxx, it's probably a gear level issue. What did you reforge to? I run my friend every week because she wants some shiny from kiljaeden. I ret the whole place - mostly barely surviving but much faster than prot. Except for brutallus, had to switch to prot for that. Can't survive as ret, but as prot, I didn't have to do anything special either.

What I do for Brutallus is just bubble whenever the stacks seem about to kill you for the next strike (4-5 stacks IIRC), which pretty much doubles the time you can survive. Keep healing with WoG and keep Sacred Shield up, and you should be able to kill him before they get too high again. This as retri, not prot.

I soloed Fathom Lord Karathress back at 85 and had a video of it. I had a lot of people recently ask me if I could do it at 90 and post a video of it. I did it tonight and made a video and loaded it to youtube for anyone still trying to solo it and dealing with the Cataclysmic Bolt.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BsAqMOmhHTI&

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Classes by soloing ability (descending order)
    1. Blood Death Knight
    2. Hunter
    3. Warlock
    4. ??? (Probably paladin)

Paladins are very good at soloing though (in fact, all of these classes are).

Deleted
    I think title should be changed to how well can (lvl 80) pally solo current raids? (answer: surprisingly well!)

Deleted
    Very little of the actual thread has been about 80 soloing.

Quote Originally Posted by Firefly33 View Post
    Very little of the actual thread has been about 80 soloing.
    This. And for the most part it's turned into a solo'ng discussion rather than answering how well we can do it
    Regen#1804 need NA overwatch friends.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Just about every "impressive" 80 Paladin solo (LK 25-heroic, Sartharion 3D-25) is an exploit. They have a mastery bug that lets them do 3M DPS and Blizzard hasn't fixed it. . .

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Veiled Shadow View Post
    Just about every "impressive" 80 Paladin solo (LK 25-heroic, Sartharion 3D-25) is an exploit. They have a mastery bug that lets them do 3M DPS and Blizzard hasn't fixed it. . .
    Also solo'd Stone Guard, olol.

10+ Year Old Account
    Let's keep the level 80 prot paladin madness confined to this thread, please.
    Host of Talking Skritt, a GW2 podcast!

Deleted
    i`ve solo`d alysrazor 10 heroic in Firelands as protection, preety easy.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Malthanis View Post
    Can we rename both of these threads respectively via levels?
    For example, this thread: "Level 90 Paladin soloing thread."
    Other thread: "Level 80 Paladin soloing thread."

So i've soloed a bit of Ulduar in Hardmodes.

- Flame Leviathan
    - Ignis (dont remember if i did it in 4 minutes)
    - XT (Heartbreaker hardmode)
    - Kologarn (without touching his hands)
    - Hodir (hardmode)
    - Auriya (just freaking zerged her, maybe with some achievement)

Also there are some ICC 10 normal kills
    - Marrowgar
    - Lady Deathwhisper

www.youtube.com/user/Yark1y here are some videos.

PS: This is retribution kills.
    Last edited by Yark1y; 2013-01-08 at 08:11 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Malthanis View Post
    Fankoo Malthanis~~

What are you guys doing to solo Rage Winterchill as ret? I got him down to about 30%, but at some point he just spams icebolt constantly enough that I can't get out of DnD in time (after using bubble and lay on hands to cheat through the first couple of times he did it).
    Last edited by stumpy; 2013-01-10 at 05:48 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by stumpy View Post
    What are you guys doing to solo Rage Winterchill as ret? I got him down to about 30%, but at some point he just spams icebolt constantly enough that I can't get out of DnD in time (after using bubble and lay on hands to cheat through the first couple of times he did it).
    What ilevel (and level) are you? The following assumes you are 90 and have access to talents.

Keep sacred shield up. Don't forget to use emancipate when he novas you - otherwise it's deadly when he follows up with Death and Decay. Make sure to kite him near Jaina - she does some decent damage to him. I prefer to blow all my CDs at the start, before he does his decay (or iceblock), but if you have trouble surviving, Execution Sentence is a good self heal tool. I have never gotten unlucky enough to keep getting iceblock -> DnD, so hopefully that isn't your issue. If it's nova, remember you can emancipate.