Page 16 of 65 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by echo808 View Post
    twice now i was able to down him fast enough, but at the same time he'll kill me too because of that. im happy he dies but i wanna try to do it without me dying too lol
    I was killing him before he puts debuff on me (11-14 second kills) consistently since I reached ilvl of 487 with 489 weapon.
    Trick is to keep one of goblins from packs before him alive to keep you in combat so you don't lose holy power. Get 5 holy power by killing 5 other goblins, talk to Vael, at 2 seconds before he finishes his speech, pop all cooldowns, pop Inq and go berserk on boss.
    Nowadays, I got 504 Shin'ka, it's even easier.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Helai View Post
    Am I being really stupid by asking: what encounter are you talking about?
    Tempest Keep. Telonicus I think is his name.

I kill the first two at the entrance. Kill Capernian near the ramp and the engineer near reavers room. Then weapons die around the corner from the ramp and when Kael comes down I burn him down in about 30 seconds.
    Last edited by Scinder; 2013-01-23 at 04:11 PM.

I just finished soling all of ICC 10 today. Only a couple of the bosses are challenging.

Gunship, you have to make sure to get out of guns to kill adds that spawn from portals before they start to throw burning pitch. even if you do the fight correctly, it will be a pretty close finish.

Saurfang, just kill adds as soon as they spawn. they have to be single targeted down.

Festergut, just bubble when you get to 9 stacks. You should have enough dps even as prot to kill him before you reach 10 stacks again.

Blood queen has a moderate dps check. Wait till she bites you then blow all of your Cds and dps her down. You need to be doing atleast 165kish dps(with the buff she gives you) to kill her in time.

Green dragon, use glyph of battle healer, execution sentence and eternal flame. You could probably do it with selfless healer to. Just keep healing her while you kill the adds. adds are fairly easy to handle. just make sure to kill the ghouls before they do to much damage to the boss. You could probably do this as Holy to, and just burst heal her up.

LK, apply penis to keyboard.

I did everything as prot, except for blood queen.

10+ Year Old Account
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1q90BXcdL3w

I'm aware 80 paladins get a lot of stick because of that bug a while back, but I'm using gear 20ish ilevel below what the boss drops

Just soloed Vaelastrasz the Red without getting the debuff. Kill the goblins 1 by 1 and keep one of them until just before he engages, then cast inquisition & kill the gob with a judgment or something, pop all cooldowns, GG. 497 ilvl btw, but think I had plenty time left.
    This is the quote you're looking for before he spawns:
    Vaelastrasz the Corrupt yells: Nefarius' hate has made me stronger than ever before! You should have fled while you could, mortals! The fury of Blackrock courses through my veins!

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Alot of people talking about Vael in BWL but can't say I've had any issues at all with him, far as any goblins go I never even noticed any. Just pop your CD's at start and it's GG. (sucks to die after fight though with debuff >_>)

Deleted
    Really not seeing how players have issues with Vaelastrasz, could solo that at 85 no problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Hypasonic View Post
    Alot of people talking about Vael in BWL but can't say I've had any issues at all with him, far as any goblins go I never even noticed any. Just pop your CD's at start and it's GG. (sucks to die after fight though with debuff >_>)
    Quote Originally Posted by quikbunny View Post
    Really not seeing how players have issues with Vaelastrasz, could solo that at 85 no problem.
    1) His health got buffed to 6 mill (or 2 mill to burn).

2) I think they are trying to burn him before they get the "doom" debuff, just so they don't die

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by voidspark View Post
    1) His health got buffed to 6 mill (or 2 mill to burn).

2) I think they are trying to burn him before they get the "doom" debuff, just so they don't die
    Boo, they did? It used to be something like 990K to burn.

Quote Originally Posted by Fhi View Post
    Boo, they did? It used to be something like 990K to burn.
    Yup

I guess it's to offset how some fights are almost "too" easy, it's still easy to do but a lot harder to avoid dying to the debuff.

Spec HA over SW for Vael, probably find it quite a bit easier to not die to him as it's burstier from what I've found.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Choice View Post
    Real close to HM LK 25, 17% at the moment but it's just so tight. DKs make it look so much easier than it is.
    Hmmm, what's your Ret gear like?

I generally like to solo all my stuff as Ret. So here's what I do weekly.

MC, BWL (No problems with either of these)

TBC: Kara (Chess slightly RNG) Gruul, Mag, SSC, TK, BT are all solo'd very easy.

WotLK: 3-drake Sarth 10, Maly 10, Naxx 10, ToC 10, Ulduar 10 (Must have 2 players for Thorim; I always turn Yogg to 25 for chance at mount) ICC 10.

Cata: I haven't tried soloing cataclysm raids yet because I'm not a fan of doing it as Prot, although I could probably do a fair amount of the encounters. I'll probably give them a go this week and see what I can do.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhin View Post
    I always turn Yogg to 25 for chance at mount.
    Whoa. You solo 25 man Yogg-saron with no keepers...?

Quote Originally Posted by Rhin View Post
    Ulduar 10 (Must have 2 players for Thorim;
    Incorrect, you can indeed solo it. Personally I use Nitro Boost from Engineering and SoL, but it can be done with just one of them, or with speed potions from alchemists.

10+ Year Old Account
    (excluding level 80 scum obviously)
    I'll admit, Lol'd at that one.

This is hot off the press, Heroic LK 25 man is now dead. It's a shitty screenshot and I didn't fraps it, plan on doing it again next week and recording it.

Got a log of it, although detection is broken in typical fashion. The damage done (103m to LK) clearly shows that it's just a detection error.

http://worldoflogs.com/reports/c4pbh.../?s=104&e=1341

As far as I know I'm the only paladin who's done this (excluding level 80 scum obviously), and among only a handful who can do it at all. Will hold my tongue on the ##world first paladin 2013 like and follow## though.
    gz! did you record it?

Grats, Choice. Much love to all you Suit Up babes.

I am very interested in seeing the video/strategy for a prot paladin to solo Heroic LK 25.

Deleted
    I'll get one up hopefully next week, I play off a laptop so I'll need to dip it in liquid nitrogen to get a decent quality video out of it.

Anything I post I don't feel will be widely accessible until next tier since according to WoWprogress I'm tied for the most geared Prot in the world. But come 5.2 with the gear reset it should be far more manageable.

I say that because the DPS check is so so tight and literally working myself down to the bone marrow I barely made it.
    What is your item level and what main hand/shield are you using?