Page 1 of 65
... LastLast

Paladin Solo Thread

Not talking about the faceroll level 60 stuff that everyone could do at level 70. Can Pally solo stuff like BT, Sunwell, Hyjal, or even ICC or Cata raids? Also for some can you do them as Ret or do you need to be prot for most?

you wont be able to solo BT/sunwell due the way mechanics work for some bosses. Hyjal is easily done as ret. ICC some bosses are doable as prot.

10+ Year Old Account
    You could solo BT and Hyjal no doubt. Sunwell I'm not so sure about.

Quote Originally Posted by Hammerofpope View Post
    Sunwell I'm not so sure about.
    Minus Kalecgos, why not.

Quote Originally Posted by Veliane View Post
    Minus Kalecgos, why not.
    Yea didnt a Lock do it at 85?

Epic!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Some heroic-raid-geared prot paladins soloed the Lich King at level 85.

I'm only up to an average item level of 456 so far in my tanking set, I can solo the first two five-man instances of MoP with absolutely no risk. I haven't tried the level-88 ones yet; they're probably still too rough. The way Seal of Insight and Hammer of the Righteous are working together right now, pulling three or four groups of trash together is a survivability increase over doing one at a time.

A decently geared retadin could solo farm OS3D at 85. Even with secondary stat degradation going from 85 to 90, it's probably a joke at 90, at least once you've replaced your leveling gear.

Ret is generally preferred for dps-race-style encounters as long as they don't present an unmanageable amount of incoming damage. Prot is the way to go for shrugging off staggering amounts of damage, and in those types of encounters, Vengeance will allow you to do obscene amounts of damage (read about tankadins soloing Bloodlord Mandokir).
    Last edited by Kaeth; 2012-10-06 at 02:46 PM.

Not sure if I'd call it soloing when mechanics "block" the first encounter of a raid, but hyjal is definitely doable, I could do it at 85 already.

I know no one is better than DKs but are Pallys at least better than Hunters or Druids?

Epic!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dabrix32 View Post
    I know no one is better than DKs but are Pallys at least better than Hunters or Druids?
    I'm guessing so, except for those encounters that can be cheesed with a pet, which favor the heck out of hunters and warlocks. Right now, solo, if I get smacked for over 200,000 HP from an enemy special, I don't even flinch. I just pop wings and laugh. The Vengeance from that hit will let me return it in spades while quickly bouncing back to full health.

Solo tankadins feel a lot like blood knights now, with the exception that our damage has a bit longer of a ramp-up time (we have lower base damage but so far seem to scale better than they do with Vengeance).

10+ Year Old Account
    I was talking about Kalecgos. You would have to two-man it.

I was talking about Kalecgos. You would have to two-man it.
    Kalecgos is skippable.

As a Monk I push out ~23-35k hps, and I can solo a lot of dungeons. I can solo Heroic Temple of the Jade, Heroic Brewery- although last boss can be unkillable if it summons adds - and a few other heroic dungeons I haven't attempted, but I'm fairly sure I can solo. I just solo'd Omnotron, and Atramedes. Chimaeron isn't soloable though due to -healing taken mechanic. For the most part enrages are my only issues.

If you're looking between 15-20k hps these might be out of your range, but all bc and classic should be cake. Most of Wrath should be, as well. I found ulduar doesn't take more than ~10k hps generally.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yoshimiko View Post
    Kalecgos is skippable.

As a Monk I push out ~23-35k hps, and I can solo a lot of dungeons. I can solo Heroic Temple of the Jade, Heroic Brewery- although last boss can be unkillable if it summons adds - and a few other heroic dungeons I haven't attempted, but I'm fairly sure I can solo. I just solo'd Omnotron, and Atramedes. Chimaeron isn't soloable though due to -healing taken mechanic. For the most part enrages are my only issues.

If you're looking between 15-20k hps these might be out of your range, but all bc and classic should be cake. Most of Wrath should be, as well. I found ulduar doesn't take more than ~10k hps generally.
    I know this, I'm just saying if you want a full clear you'll need to two-man. It's all solo after.

Id say Pally is right behind DK. Hunter doesnt really solo anything, their pet does. See what a Hunter can do without a pet out and it isnt much. Basically Hunters arent soloing anything they are 3 manning stuff because they have a tank, a healer, and a DPS. I remember seeing pally videos of them soloing Wrath Heroics in only Naxx gear. But thats when Raekwon or whatever his name is took over and all you saw since then were DK videos. I still cant find good pally solo vids.

Deleted
    I've done Toravon 10 if that's matter but what's the point in loosin time to take down some bosses that has already been killed 2 tiers ago by dks?
    Especially now that there's no gold reward anymore..
    (I admit takin down scrubs inside the Vault for a mount has a meaning)...

Considering I've solo'd most all of ICC as Ret, I'm trying Cata raids this week as Prot.

Vids soon to come.

You could solo BT and Hyjal no doubt. Sunwell I'm not so sure about.
    I dont think he would be able to solo Reliquary, he would be contantly feared.

And he wouldnt be able to complete Illidan's void phase i think.
    Last edited by Crashdummy; 2012-10-07 at 11:48 AM.

Deleted
    If this helps, I was able to solo the last 4 bosses in Sunwell at 85, Brutallus I needed help with. I haven't really tried much soloing at 90, but I think he is probably soloable now - if not, then in the future when we have better gear. What makes him difficult to solo is Meteor Slash - the damage is intended to be split between players, so it hits you quite hard, and it leaves a stacking debuff causing it to do more damage each time until it 1 shots you. You can clear the debuff with Divine Shield though, but even then it's basically a race to down him before you get 1 shot.

@Crashdummy - Illidan is actually one of the easier bosses to solo in BT, even at 85 you can down him fast enough to avoid getting the adds in his Demon Form phase. Due to mechanics you do need help with Reliquary though. (Or be a pet class with creative use of ping ponging the boss)

Edit: Just been skimming through the rest of the topic, if this helps here's some info on certain bosses:

The 4th boss in Hyjal is no problem to solo, as he does not cast Doom on his primary target.

For Sartharion + 3 drakes, this has been soloed by other classes, but you need to kill him zerg style. The reason for this is otherwise he will become immune to damage at a certain point in the fight. Normally to drop the immunity you go into the Twilight Realm and kill an add there, but if you do this alone, the boss despawns.

As far as I know, Gunship flat out cannot be soloed. I never bothered testing it myself, but it's something to do with the encounter despawning if you try and enter a turret while solo I think. If you can get help for Gunship most of ICC 10 shouldn't be an issue.

I was able to solo Malygos 10 and almost all of Naxx (just not Gluth) at 85, so these shouldn't be too much of an issue. Gluth I'm not sure about, probably doable I guess? If DPS is a problem, remember that ret is a lot better at soloing now.

For the Four Horsemen, start the fight on one of the casters at the back, kill said caster ASAP, then move to the other caster, kill off the dwarf guy, (can't remember his name, sorry) Baron Rivendare, then the final caster.
    Last edited by mmoc4dea626edb; 2012-10-07 at 01:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Yoshimiko View Post
    Kalecgos is skippable.
    Is he? Wow, never knew that, need to check this out.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rio View Post
    Considering I've solo'd most all of ICC as Ret, I'm trying Cata raids this week as Prot.

Vids soon to come.
    If you're able to solo Morchok, please tell me. I'm so interested in soloing this.

10+ Year Old Account
    Here's the content I soloed back at 85 as prot:
    All level 60 raids except Razorgore in BWL (due to mechanics), Bug Trio/Viscidus/Twins/C'thun in AQ40 (again, mechanics).
    Full Karazhan, Gruul's Lair, 4/4 TK, 4/6 SSC (Karathress and Vashj are pain in the ass), Supremus/Akama/Bloodboil/Gorefiend/Shahraz. Haven't tried Hyjal/Sunwell since there was nothing intersting there for me.
    Naxx-10: Plague wing, Spider wing, Patchwerk, Grobbulus, Sapphiron.
    Malygos-10, Onyxia-10, Sartharion-10 without drakes (duo-d trash with a friend).
    Didn't bother with Ulduar or anything past it, since it felt impossible. Might give it a try at 90.

The only raid I attempted at 90 was TK (continuing to farm phoenix), and I'm just skipping all bosses and rushing to Kael. He's piss easy now, my yesterday's kill was 7:56 and it could've been faster if I didn't play extremely safe and waited for cooldowns between phases. Done in Ret.