Page 28 of 65 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Bam! solo Warlord Zon'ozz 10 hc - Also quite close on Beleroc 10 hc.

Hey peeps, got a few questions regarding soloing LK25Hc.

First i saw you need ~510+iLvl, i guess it goes with fully dps gear, right?
    Also i guess i can get to LK, then have my mate log in with some of his alts to get me the save, and he can just extend it, so every week i can just go there and kill LK, right? Because im really not interested in any transmog gear or anything from ICC, only Invincible.

Thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by Misume View Post
    The day the Mythic Progression Thread isn't 95% trolling is the day Prime comes back to power.

So I've been busy in Dragon Soul lately. Just finished trading killing blows with Madness of Deathwing. This is NOT an easy fight, I did this at 544 ilevel and beat enrage by 11 seconds. In my defense though, I could have done a better platform order (wanted to get Chromatic Champion on the kill).

Other stuff I managed in DS this week:

H Morchok
    H Zon'ozz
    H Yorsahj
    N Hagara
    N Ultraxion
    N Warmaster

I used a buddy to get past Spine, as I didn't want to deal with his incredibly touchy rolls and Fiery Grip spam.

Deleted
    Just finished trading killing blows with Madness of Deathwing. This is NOT an easy fight, I did this at 544 ilevel and beat enrage by 11 seconds.
    Mione found funny way to get over berserk, rly worth to watch (it's very looooong video)

First i saw you need ~510+iLvl, i guess it goes with fully dps gear, right?
    Also i guess i can get to LK, then have my mate log in with some of his alts to get me the save, and he can just extend it, so every week i can just go there and kill LK, right?
    The 510ilvl req is overrated a bit. Using zerg-strategy some guy above killed it in 490ish. Haste, haste, haste - stats needed on your gear
    Lockouts - you can keep it on alt, or on your friend char. Remember to keep that lockout on normal, just to avoid messing things up. Enter with 25N setting with your friend as a leader (instance lockout will be taken from his extension). He passes the lead to you, you switch it to 25H and accept the dialog. He doesnt have to be in instance for this.

Deleted
    Has anyone tried Alysrazor yet as ret ? (10 man that is ) and DS 10 ? Would love to start farming for them mounts .

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by leo2310 View Post
    Has anyone tried Alysrazor yet as ret ? (10 man that is ) and DS 10 ? Would love to start farming for them mounts .
    Alysrazor has been soloable for aaaaaaages. Since Cata.
    DS10, I'm pretty sure Mionelol solo'd some stuff on her Paladin. Dont quote me on that though.

Quote Originally Posted by Felir View Post
    DS10, I'm pretty sure Mionelol solo'd some stuff on her Paladin. Dont quote me on that though.
    Alysrazor is an extremely easy solo as Ret, even at low gear when you can't burst her down before the tornadoes, you can fly out and cooldown/heal through it (bubble does not work) until the storm is done.

For DS10 I'd imagine Prot would simply be easier at this moment, most of the bosses grant decent enough vengeance to put your Prot DPS on par or higher than what you could do as Ret and obviously with far more survivability. Ret sounds like you'd be spending most of your HP barely keeping yourself up if possible at all and not doing enough DPS.

Is there a thread on doing Aly?? Id like to do it but not sure how, more scared of the trash than anything else....lol

Quote Originally Posted by hugsofdeath View Post
    Is there a thread on doing Aly?? Id like to do it but not sure how, more scared of the trash than anything else....lol
    If you're prot, you won't have any issues with trash and the stacking haste buff from flying through the rings will make the boss go quickly. Probably same with ret, but I can't say for sure.

Just remember this about the trash: If the big birds are hitting you with their fireballs, your health is going to start dropping incredibly fast. Kill the two guys in the middle asap and then run to the nests and let the fireballs kill them, then run to one of the birds and let the fireballs from the other bird help you bring it down. After that, finish the other bird and trash is done. Easy!
    Grand Crusader Belloc <-- 6608 Endless Tank Proving Grounds score! (
    Dragonslayer Kooqu

Quote Originally Posted by hugsofdeath View Post
    1) Skip all the trash by running around it until you get to her room.
    2) Pull the two casters, when you see them about to cast Fieroclast Barrage and the two birds are about to start spewing their fire, Bubble.
    3) Allow the two birds fire spew to kill the casters while you stand on them bubbled.
    4) Run to the eggs, do circles around them until the fire kills them while AoE'ing the hatchlings.
    5) Run to the birds, kill them.

Quote Originally Posted by Firefly33 View Post
    Valithria is not even hard in 10N as prot. Just kill everything and cast EF, ES and FoL whenever you can. 25N would be more challenging.

I also did Gunship 10H without much issue, think I died once until I realised that I gained more from shooting cannons at the throwers rather than at the rocket guys. As prot so 10N should also be very easy.
    Valithria 10N is easy as ret with Selfless Healer, Holy Avenger and the Battle Healer glyph. Set VDW as your focus. Bind macros to cast FoL and WoG on her (if you do arena you probably already have something like this set up for your teammates). Use Seal of Insight. Don't worry about portals. FoL every time you hit 3 stacks. HA and WoG spam.

I haven't tried it on 25m, but when I do 10m now it's not even close. You'd probably need Long Arm to get around fast enough to kill the suppressors. I'm not sure if throwing Light's Hammer across the room would be enough.

I will try it and report back, but it will have to wait until next week. I finally soloed 25H LK last night. (big thanks to Choice and the other posters over in his guide thread, which I apparently cannot link due to being a nub)

So I recently got my paladin to 85 to twink and solo lich king. Are there any other mount dropping bosses I can solo at 85?

Deleted
    Has Ragnaros been done? Without the Warbanner glitch that has presumably been fixed?

Quote Originally Posted by Felir View Post
    Wasn't mionelol who soloed DS on paladin, not even seen a video of her paladin yet actually, she even said she'd have tried sinestra on paladin, but in the end did it on dk.

Slootbag though soloed DS normal 7\8 and if you look at his videos (around 550 item level, dps gear atm, but had less when he did them) there is A LOT of margin, which makes think that many heroic modes would be doable as well, I think morchok, yor'sahj, zon'ozz, hagara, blackhorn (if there's enough dps to let the boat survive), madness should all be doable on heroic. Ultraxion won't be doable by anyone this exp due to how HOT works, spine doubtful due to the dps requirements. The only boss he didn't solo on normal is spine and I believe it's doable cause paladins can control when to heal and avoid grips this way, the only problem is you can't outheal enrages and get 600k vengeance this time, you HAVE to kill it in 15 mins or instant-kill.

Any list for soloing in full pvp gear?

Quote Originally Posted by psycon View Post
    Any list for soloing in full pvp gear?
    Full Tyrannical = 496 PvE gear, so base it from that. 500+ recommended for some of the harder stuff, but anything pre-Cata should be doable (except perhaps some of the 25 modes in Wrath).

As a paladin that is more or less restricted to LFR/Heroic Scenario gear, would it be better to try as ret (506 ilvl) or get a sword/shield and go prot in my ret gear? I'm not really sure what I want to solo (25HLK would be nice), but I enjoy doing old content for fun.
    And I saw, and behold, a pale horse: and he that sat upon him, his name was Death; and Hades followed with him. And there was given unto them authority over the fourth part of the earth, to kill with sword, and with famine, and with death, and by the wild beasts of the earth.

Quote Originally Posted by NoRest4Wicked View Post
    As a paladin that is more or less restricted to LFR/Heroic Scenario gear, would it be better to try as ret (506 ilvl) or get a sword/shield and go prot in my ret gear? I'm not really sure what I want to solo (25HLK would be nice), but I enjoy doing old content for fun.
    Not sure what the question is, you asked prot or ret, but for what? You mentioned LK 25 hc but nothing else, assuming you mean LK 25hc and other things around that difficulty. Definantly grab a 1h and shield and go prot in ret gear. I did my first LK 25 kill ages back, but you -might- have a decent shot at 506ilvl if you abuse GC procs and dps during transistions with a macro for the ice orbs.
    If prot isnt your main spec, GC = Gran crusader and you can find a detailed guide on LK 25 HC within the pally forum. Just remember to keep Sacred shield up, as at low ilvl your health might drop w/o it in some of the later phases (p3?).

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Esploratore View Post
    Wasn't mionelol who soloed DS on paladin, not even seen a video of her paladin yet actually, she even said she'd have tried sinestra on paladin, but in the end did it on dk.

Slootbag though soloed DS normal 7\8 and if you look at his videos (around 550 item level, dps gear atm, but had less when he did them) there is A LOT of margin, which makes think that many heroic modes would be doable as well, I think morchok, yor'sahj, zon'ozz, hagara, blackhorn (if there's enough dps to let the boat survive), madness should all be doable on heroic. Ultraxion won't be doable by anyone this exp due to how HOT works, spine doubtful due to the dps requirements. The only boss he didn't solo on normal is spine and I believe it's doable cause paladins can control when to heal and avoid grips this way, the only problem is you can't outheal enrages and get 600k vengeance this time, you HAVE to kill it in 15 mins or instant-kill.
    Morchok and yor'sahj heroic were both 1 shots for me when i tried it. Zon'ozz was quite a bit harder but I managed him too. Didn't try much else.

Not sure if anyone has managed this one yet, just finished soloing Halfus 25H.
    imgur.com/lwBjEFN.jpg

Another tight dps check, this time complicated by choosing how many adds to kill. Each add you kill sacrifices vengeance you could be using to kill the boss, which made me waste multiple attempts trying to feel it out. Settled on killing whelps + 1 drake and doing a straight burn on the boss. Total time was 6 min 12 sec according to bigwigs.

In unrelated news, I should probably post more often so I can actually post screenshots.