Page 54 of 65 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Anyone got any tips for soloing rag? The fight is easy besides the living meteors. After the second one comes up it becomes difficult to kite them w/o getting hit and when I do get hit once it knocks me up repeatedly until I am over the edge/out of range of rag and he does the fire blast thing and I die.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Choice View Post
    Best tip I can offer is a taunt mouse over for the meteors with SoL, work your way towards the edge then use SoL and sprint around them and leg it to the other side.

When worst comes to it you can immune the hits with bubble, and they sit still for a few seconds. The entire phase is a DPS race, you want to avoid the third meteor ideally. I have no idea what the check is like, since the last time I did it was 4/13 for NM and 6/13 for HM, the numbers are very different now I'm sure.
    I do about 100k dps single target as prot using my 570 il ret gear just swapping weapon/shield for 2 553's and a flex trinket for the galakras trink that doesn't work on tank specs. I can live up to 2 meteors before I seem to run out of options on kiting and they just trap me in a corner.

Just wandering is it possible to solo Darkmoon Rabit?

7+ Year Old Account
    Me too. I have WotlK raids down pat, but Cata gets me everytime.

Quote Originally Posted by Sidewalker View Post
    Me too. I have WotlK raids down pat, but Cata gets me everytime.
    Don't worry, stuff will be faceroll in 6.0 when you get the damage multipliers. I run through 25 heroic firelands on my Paladin as Ret at 100 on test server and it was a joke from start to finish. CS, Exo, Judge, FV x 2 = Bosses dead. Don't think a single boss or mob dropped me below 95% hp.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kanegasi View Post
    Came around looking for a thread to give more detail on my ret solo. I initially posted in the prot thread specifically for LK thinking that prot would be easier, but someone posted about sitting on the throne, so used that and finally downed him. Here's the details.

Talents
    Eternal Flame
    Unbreakable Spirit
    Sanctified Wrath
    Execution Sentence (macro'd to target player only)

Glyphs
    Avenging Wrath
    Divine Storm
    I used Templar's Verdict, but Exorcism may help a bit with damage.

Buffs
    275 Strength food
    Strength flask
    Runescroll of Fort (only had II available. 1% stam may not make a difference)
    Drums of Forgotten Kings
    BoM
    Drums of Rage
    Strength potion

- The most important thing is to park yourself beside the seat into the corner on the top of the throne and ignore traps and spheres. Either side of the seat works. You will be here most of the fight and only move around the rest of the platform for defile.
    - I'm ilvl 547 (I have 2pc with cleave and galakras trinkets, nothing better than 553 but my leg cloak) and beat enrage by about a minute and a half. I didn't pay attention to the timer, but according to my chat logs, 13m36s passed between Lich King's yell when freezing Tirion and Fury killing me.
    - Pre-pot with drums of rage. Potted again for the second drums in phase 3. (make sure you time pot/drums immediately after exiting Frostmourne the second time or beyond since you still have a Spirit up the first time)
    - Seal-swapping. Stay on Truth at the beginning as long as you can and focus on Horrors. You can either target swap to keep Censure on LK or swap to Right. I swapped to Insight during Winter, still next to throne seat, and focused on Spirits. The Spirit I'm on was usually in HoW range when a second one spawned. Keep EF up and pop Devo if you need to. Galakras trinket helps since I had glyphed AW available during both transitions, but I'm pretty sure it would be off CD then anyways. Go back to Truth once the last Spirit is dead, which is after the first Frostmourne visit.
    - I found the transitions to be the hardest due to the silence, but DS, AW, and Insight with EF up was more than enough. The silence is not up all the time, so watch your debuffs. I did not bubble at all and used LoH once on a bad infest during phase 2. Could've saved that with a FoL though. I used my ES macro whenever it was up, but for phase 3, I refreshed EF and popped ES right before each Frostmourne exit. Use DP every Vile attack.
    my friend that corner spot was extremely helpful, was able to easily clear him with almost no trouble. just kept up seal of truth the entire time and spammed DS most of the time for healing. i had to LoH once for infest as well, and hardcast a couple flash heals to get up to 90% a few times. but yeah great strat thanks again.

p.s. i was running exorcism cleave, divine storm and templar verdict glyphs. 552 ilvl with leg cloak, 4set, and 556 wep. i actually forgot to use my cleave trinket but i would have used that as well if i had remembered.

Deleted
    Been doing lk 25hc on some chars now (still no flying horsie) and figured may as well do shadowmourne on one of them. I know at lvl 100 it'll all be pretty faceroll, but was wondering if anyone could shed some light on what would be soloable on 25normal or 25heroic for me for now. Just did all the pre-quests and killed lk. This is my char (ret is only offspec, just started valor upgrading it):
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...arici/advanced

I also have a duo partner available that can log a dps/heal/tank, so anything that I probably won't be able to solo but duo?

marrowgar and deathwhisper are super tight soft-enrages with the spikes and mc respectively, gunship should work duo and maybe solo if you're ontop of your game, everything else should be soloable (might have trouble with blood-queen)

Quote Originally Posted by Rasstapp View Post
    marrowgar and deathwhisper are super tight soft-enrages with the spikes and mc respectively, gunship should work duo and maybe solo if you're ontop of your game, everything else should be soloable (might have trouble with blood-queen)
    I don't think she does the MC if you are alone.

Any tips for soloing the conclave of wind?

Deleted
    Alright cheers. Did 25 normal deathwisper yesterday and as Fungj said she doesn't do the mind control when alone.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Richardbro View Post
    I have only done it as a hunter. I do not know if my strategy is appliceable, but as I did it in T14 gear, I do not see that is should be a problem at all with current gear levels even as a retribution paladin.

My strategy was simply

Blow up Anshal
    Jump over to Nezir
    While hitting Nezir, run directly to jump over to Rohash, this is to reset the invisible stacks of his debuff
    Hit Rohash, jump back to Nezir
    Kill Nezir
    Kill Rohash

As a paladin, the silence might be a bigger problem then the heal though. So maybe you wanna try doing it the opposite way by basically switching Rohash and Anshal in the text above there. I do not have personal experience of doing this is a paladin so right now I am only guessing.

- - - Updated - - -

gunship should work duo and maybe solo if you're ontop of your game, everything else should be soloable (might have trouble with blood-queen)
    I have soloed gunship in 10N, 10H and 25N. I cant remember if I did it in 25H or not. Either I did it, or I have not attempted it yet.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Richardbro View Post
    I spec into HA, pop everything at Anshal, blow him up, run over to Rohash, then Nezir, blow Nezir up, then murder Rohash.
    Would probably suggest taking SS as well, so you'll come out of Anshal's platform undamaged.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ok so I just got done wiping to Baleroc like 5 times in a row in FL. Last week I 1 shot him no problem, I don't know if I'm just getting really unlucky or missing somthing becuase it seems like 90% of the time he uses decimation blade he hits me twice in a row, along with getting decimation blade 70% of the time. I know mitigation doesn't stop its damage but is there a way to kill this bitch without RNG on your side? It is definitely not for me it seems today. Also whenever I use a heal after getting hit by decimation blade, it doesn't seem to heal me. LoH does like 2% rather than to full HP and 5 stack WoG is like 2% instead of ~75-80%.

Deleted
    If ret, first pull alysrazor and then keep flying thru the rings till you get that 75% crit buff, then fly over the doors to baleroc and basically blow him up (possible to kill 25hc version like this).
    If Prot, keep cycling thru cooldowns. Ad, back, goak+dp+pref meta gem proc should keep you up. But honestly, easier to go ret.

10+ Year Old Account
    Gunship is possible on all difficulties (though is beyond incredibly difficult on 25H) with perfect execution and priorities. Prioritize picking up the mobs from the portals on your ship. You want to aggro them BEFORE they lantern. Once you get that down, soloing becomes possible. There are quite a few tricks to it and be prepared to fail the first few times

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyrgannus View Post
    Gunship is possible on all difficulties (though is beyond incredibly difficult on 25H) with perfect execution and priorities. Prioritize picking up the mobs from the portals on your ship. You want to aggro them BEFORE they lantern. Once you get that down, soloing becomes possible. There are quite a few tricks to it and be prepared to fail the first few times
    I do gunship 25hc solo every week while collecting my shards for shadowmourne, it's quite easy, but I use different tactics.

At start, preheat 2 cannons to 90 and fire both when the other ship is in range. You can even preheat 3 cannons, but I didn't see much difference in results.

When firing your cannon, only aim at the back of the deck and kill the mobs there, DO NOT hit the mobs at the front! This is basically the key to soloing this fight.

Stay in your cannon until it freezes, quickly aoe the adds on your own ship, fly over to other side, kill mage in 2/3 globals, speed of light back to edge, fly to your own ship, enter cannon, repeat.

When you enter the cannon, the mobs on the front of the other ship will stop attacking again, so no incoming damage while you are in a cannon. The timers for mage and adds match up quite nicely with this strat as well. Works every time unless you make a few mistakes.

The rest of ICC25hc I'm able to solo as well as 580 ret paladin, though I have to skip the "heal the dragon" boss by flying through the ceiling/walls of the citadel with my engineering goblin glider right to Sindragosa.

Edit: other harder bosses:
    Marrowgar is nasty as you need 500k dps over the whole fight before he turns you into iceblock. I simply use drums to make sure I make it, to protect against bad rng with procs, but it is doable without, depends on your ilvl (damn my luck with coins/drops in SoO hc...)

Lady Deathwhisper does not do the mc when you are alone, just watch the adds a bit and burn boss while constantly using def cds or bubble to clear the worst debuffs.

That orc after gunship is quite a pain and even wipes me sometimes, as he hits like a truck when the fight progresses. You need some serious dps for this boss to solo it. The adds he spawns later in the fight can be aoe down, but they have a very high aoe damage reduction, single target they drop like flies. Focus on the boss though. Perhaps prot actually works better for this boss, but haven't tried that yet.

Blood queen is trivial once you know you can prevent becoming vampire if you have bubble up when she does vampiric bite! She doesn't do more than that first one.

The rest of the bosses is trivial and there is enough info on Lich King in this thread already
    Last edited by mmocee02b074c0; 2014-09-20 at 09:48 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkchickens View Post
    Ok so I just got done wiping to Baleroc like 5 times in a row in FL. Last week I 1 shot him no problem, I don't know if I'm just getting really unlucky or missing somthing becuase it seems like 90% of the time he uses decimation blade he hits me twice in a row, along with getting decimation blade 70% of the time. I know mitigation doesn't stop its damage but is there a way to kill this bitch without RNG on your side? It is definitely not for me it seems today. Also whenever I use a heal after getting hit by decimation blade, it doesn't seem to heal me. LoH does like 2% rather than to full HP and 5 stack WoG is like 2% instead of ~75-80%.
    I suggest reading the Dungeon Journal, and your debuffs. It does boil down to RNG though, just hope he doesn't pick decimation blade.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbamboozal View Post
    Intelligence is like four wheel drive, it's not going to make you unstoppable, it just sort of tends to get you stuck in more remote places.
    Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    If you want to be disgusted, next time you kiss someone remember you've got your mouth on the end of a tube which has shit at the other end, held back by a couple of valves.

10+ Year Old Account
    Finlay got to solo alyztrazor 10 man=D pretty easy really,tried with youtube guides with no luck,then i just figured to nuke her down in the air phase and totaly skip the seccond one. smooth! now im gonna do it every week for the flametalon

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TEHPALLYTANK View Post
    I suggest reading the Dungeon Journal, and your debuffs. It does boil down to RNG though, just hope he doesn't pick decimation blade.
    I did, I don't know if I'm blind or something but I didn't see a healing debuff on decimation blade.