Page 59 of 65 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Anybody tried soloing 25h maloriak. That boss is a god damn pain. I get to 20% health fine as soon as all the adds comes out. That is it. The boss starts healing and the adds just down right destroy me

Quote Originally Posted by Lazel View Post
    Burst on pull , drop him to 26% hp (adds come at 20% or 25%- cant remember) - he should be in dark phase still casting his stuff. When your wings come back up just burst him to death (your trinkets come up just as your wings come up)
    Thanks will try tonight

So, i just killed the dog bosses in Mogu vaults 10 m on prot... but got really owned by feng.... he does way to many techniques.... anyone got an idea of how to down him?

Managed to solo Elegon. Was pretty fun. 1 sec away from Enrage.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wo4thupB6z8
    Please excuse my crappy video quality its just for proof that it is possible to be soloed by a lvl 90 Prot Pala.
    Last edited by Argos; 2014-11-06 at 12:23 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Awsomerman View Post
    Just finished soloing 10man DS as ret. Spine was super annoying but possible. Rest of the raid was really really easy
    I really hope they fix the roll mechanic on this for solos. As I'm sure you figured out, you have to essentially keep a constant run from side to side to keep him from rolling.

Quote Originally Posted by hashtags View Post
    He doesn't rages the tank. I solo everything as ret accept the shannox and Raggy. Shannox is a pain because rageface stun.
    If you keep a 5 stack of Censure up (as Ret) that might be enough to break Face Rage, at least if you get a crit tick.

So I just watched a video of a DK soloing normal 10m garrosh. I'm currently playing a paladin, and I'm wondering if any paladins have attempted this yet, or how far into progression paladins are? Sorry if this has been answered already, but I did some searching for paladin solo videos, and all I got were a bunch of single tank vids, where a raid only used one paladin to tank, and not true soloing.

Sometimes google sucks like that.

Personally i don't see any point - Dks are way stronger than paladins currently in both Dps and HPS, as seen the Miones video he pretty much one shots the adds with blood boil and he has AMS to stack desecrates and such - If we managed to survive till enrage - the boss wouldn't be near dead honestly.
    Our single target dps is quite a long way off blood dks and Mione hit enrage before.
    Surviving might be an issue w/o SoI which we would not be able to use if we even try to beat the enrage.

But this could change at 100... in terms of our damage vs dks.

I was actually more wondering if there was a compiled list of everything paladins have managed to solo thus far? I saw some individuals posting what they've done, but not a list of what the community as a whole has accomplished. Unless I skipped past it somehow?

Do you guys reckon if "been waiting along time for this" 25 man in icc is soloable as a paladin.

Do you guys reckon if "been waiting along time for this" 25 man in icc is soloable as a paladin.
    I think you need a pet or another player as the plague doesn't get cast on the tank when solo.

Haven't tried engineering decoy, that may work.

You'll need a second target to get him to cast the plague; doesn't cast it on my DK or Shaman, but does with my Warlock.

I recently got my retadin to 90 and want to solo a few things with him for mogging. Anyone got any guides? Should I grab a prot spec in the meantime?
    RETH

Depends how much dmg the first stack of the plague does since squish but yes if its squished properly

As others have said the main target does not get the plague, therefore you need to use something which will take agro - as an engineer i use to use cardboard assasin to taunt it and get the plague. The first stack dosent (or shouldnt) hurt much, stand near adds, it'll jump to them when it expires, then the hard bit is to make sure that infected add, is closer to other adds, than yourself, u dont want to be close to the add as you will get the plague otherwise.

Also you don't want to start the plagues chain off at the start, the plague will kill of all your adds before it jumps to 30, wait till you have quite a lot of adds to get the plague (with the dummy / cardboard assassin method)

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by SirCowdog View Post
    I was actually more wondering if there was a compiled list of everything paladins have managed to solo thus far? I saw some individuals posting what they've done, but not a list of what the community as a whole has accomplished. Unless I skipped past it somehow?
    Dont think we have a list tbh but;

Molten Core - easy
    Sunwell - easy
    Kara - easy
    Tempest keep - easy
    Serpentshrine cavern - easy? - not been in ages
    Black temple - easy, I've heard face boss reflects a ton of damage now, just limit yourself and heal up if thats the case.
    Gruuls lair - easy
    Battle for mount hyjal - easy ? hated the place

Ulduar - everything 25 man is soloable all the HM's
    ToC - all of 25 is soloable - Anub requires you to start encounter with low hp (?)
    ICC - all of 25HC is soloable very easily

BWD -6/6 25HC - Malkoriak requires big burst - burst to 30%, wait for wings, then blow him up before adds reach him (ret spec for him)
    BoT - 5/5 25HC - recommend dps spec for sinestra + maybe even a speed pot- you need to kill both her eggs in 1 go, or its a wipe.
    ToT4W - 2/2 25HC ? - First boss, not done but heard its easy now, al akir was always a joke.
    Firelands - 7/7 25HC - Can kill all as Ret spec - but shannox requires big burst as ret to kill - or rageface stuns u till death (bubble first, die 2nd), dosen't do it to tank spec players though ^^. Kill Alysrazor in a way that u just reset ur 24 stack buff and after she dies, fly to beleroc to kill him in 20 seconds, fast farm clear.
    DS - 8/8 25HC possible - All the bosses are a joke, Ultraxion requires massive dps to beat him before hour of twilight (wipe 25HC), ofc you need to be ret spec for him, if you kill ultraxion the rest is cake - if not, 25N/10HC is all soloable very easily.

MSV 5/6N - Stone guards 10N /HC - Feng 10N (HC should be doable too tbh) - Spirit Kings 10N - Elegon should be doable too, Will of Emp got him lowish pre patch, should be easy now - Spiritbinder will kill you unfortunately.
    ToES 1/4 - first boss i've got him to 45% (killed 2 of the 3) - Sha of Fear is soloable
    HoF 2/6 ?- Not tried any due to first boss being impossible atm - 2nd boss should be doable, Wind lord should be cake too.

This is based on what i know / my own soloing experience, not sure about others.

For all of you having issues with Shannox and Baleroc - kill Alysrazor immediately before you go after them. Go slow enough on Alys so that Shannox is about to pat by her area - if you have Alysa's Razor active (24+ stacks of Wings of Flame), you'll pretty much decimate any boss that you come across within the short window that it's up.

Quote Originally Posted by TwentyTwelve View Post
    Depends how much dmg the first stack of the plague does since squish but yes if its squished properly

As others have said the main target does not get the plague, therefore you need to use something which will take agro - as an engineer i use to use cardboard assasin to taunt it and get the plague. The first stack dosent (or shouldnt) hurt much, stand near adds, it'll jump to them when it expires, then the hard bit is to make sure that infected add, is closer to other adds, than yourself, u dont want to be close to the add as you will get the plague otherwise.

Also you don't want to start the plagues chain off at the start, the plague will kill of all your adds before it jumps to 30, wait till you have quite a lot of adds to get the plague (with the dummy / cardboard assassin method)
    ...snip!
    Remember that you can cleanse the plague from yourself if it jumps on you with high stacks!

Quote Originally Posted by TwentyTwelve View Post

- - - Updated - - -

Dont think we have a list tbh but;

Molten Core - easy
    Sunwell - easy
    Kara - easy
    Tempest keep - easy
    Serpentshrine cavern - easy? - not been in ages
    Black temple - easy, I've heard face boss reflects a ton of damage now, just limit yourself and heal up if thats the case.
    Gruuls lair - easy
    Battle for mount hyjal - easy ? hated the place

Ulduar - everything 25 man is soloable all the HM's
    ToC - all of 25 is soloable - Anub requires you to start encounter with low hp (?)
    ICC - all of 25HC is soloable very easily

BWD -6/6 25HC - Malkoriak requires big burst - burst to 30%, wait for wings, then blow him up before adds reach him (ret spec for him)
    BoT - 5/5 25HC - recommend dps spec for sinestra + maybe even a speed pot- you need to kill both her eggs in 1 go, or its a wipe.
    ToT4W - 2/2 25HC ? - First boss, not done but heard its easy now, al akir was always a joke.
    Firelands - 7/7 25HC - Can kill all as Ret spec - but shannox requires big burst as ret to kill - or rageface stuns u till death (bubble first, die 2nd), dosen't do it to tank spec players though ^^. Kill Alysrazor in a way that u just reset ur 24 stack buff and after she dies, fly to beleroc to kill him in 20 seconds, fast farm clear.
    DS - 8/8 25HC possible - All the bosses are a joke, Ultraxion requires massive dps to beat him before hour of twilight (wipe 25HC), ofc you need to be ret spec for him, if you kill ultraxion the rest is cake - if not, 25N/10HC is all soloable very easily.

MSV 5/6N - Stone guards 10N /HC - Feng 10N (HC should be doable too tbh) - Spirit Kings 10N - Elegon should be doable too, Will of Emp got him lowish pre patch, should be easy now - Spiritbinder will kill you unfortunately.
    ToES 1/4 - first boss i've got him to 45% (killed 2 of the 3) - Sha of Fear is soloable
    HoF 2/6 ?- Not tried any due to first boss being impossible atm - 2nd boss should be doable, Wind lord should be cake too.

This is based on what i know / my own soloing experience, not sure about others.
    Wow! Quoted for great justice!

That's more or less exactly the kind of info I was after. I guess I just kind of assumed that someone was already tracking paladin solo runs somewhere in the thread.

Obviously some of these runs are going to be a little different now with no vengeance, and a little easier at level 100. But this is still pretty awesome!

Anub doesn't need you to start with low hp but to have low hp in the last phase that starts at 30% and can be quite tricky to do. I have managed to do it on my hunter as the stun would be very difficult to deal with while staying low hp on paladin. It might be doable but one of those really anoying fights regardless.

Quote Originally Posted by Lazel View Post
    Just spec for eternal flame and keep it up
    I don't even want to do that crap anyway. I hate whole toc and only did it for my friend so he could get achievment. Most boring instance you had to run 4 times per char per week -.-

Solo'd Stone Guard 10man not sure how much an accomplishment that realistically is now that the expansion is pretty much over. Was fun to see the entire room covered with mines though.

Deleted
    Managed to solo mogu'shan vaults as 663 prot pala but gara'jal didn't want to die so I went retri as 668 and just managed to kill it and killed rest as prot pretty easily