BM or MW Offspec?

Here's the dilemma I'm having: I really want to level my Monk to 90 next. I would also like my next 90 to be a healer. My current main is my Prot Pally who is full heroic geared and I love pally tanking. However, Mistweaver healing confuses me (I'm still only 37 on my Monk so this is planning for the future) and Brewmaster tanking does not. I'm good at tanking. So my question is whether or not I should stick with what I'm good at even though I already have a 90 tank.

Thoughts?
    Last edited by Syladia; 2012-10-07 at 05:16 PM. Reason: redundancy

10+ Year Old Account
    Mistweaver is a great offspec and can be a lot of fun for AoE farming.

The healing rotation will probably just take practice; it has a different toolkit than most healers, but anyone can learn it.

Deleted
    Depends how fast you want to level. If your not in a rush I see no reason not to practise as a Mistweaver, but if you want to level up faster I'd say Brewmaster as you'll get insta queue pops.

Brewmaster tanking is nothing like Prot Pally tanking (from one ex Prot Pally to another) and Mistweaver is nothing like any other healer, so regardless, you're going to have to learn a new toolkit.

My advise is to level WW to 90, certainly in the later levels. I'm mainspec Mistweaver and still prefer to do my dailies in Agi greens as WW than my ilvl 365 mistweaver set. You can do DPS, but it's nothing to write home about.

10+ Year Old Account
    The good thing about BrM+WW combo is the gearing is almost the same. Outside of pushing for the exp hard cap BrM favors the same DPS stats as WW so you can dance between both without having to gather a full set of gear for your OS.
    [/URL]
    The four elements, like man alone, are weak. But together they form the strong fifth element: Boron.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dakara View Post
    Brewmaster tanking is nothing like Prot Pally tanking (from one ex Prot Pally to another) and Mistweaver is nothing like any other healer, so regardless, you're going to have to learn a new toolkit.

My advise is to level WW to 90, certainly in the later levels. I'm mainspec Mistweaver and still prefer to do my dailies in Agi greens as WW than my ilvl 365 mistweaver set. You can do DPS, but it's nothing to write home about.
    I'd say learning the Brewmaster is easier though.

10+ Year Old Account
    I haven't even spec'd into WW yet, armory shows a goose egg for my 2nd spec lol. With the funky vengeance scaling I'm usually top DPS in groups (especially on AoE packs) and for daily's you can pull 5+ mobs easy and never be in danger of dying.

Grab the "priority" Weak Aura string from the thread in this forum and there isn't much else to worry about.
    [/URL]
    The four elements, like man alone, are weak. But together they form the strong fifth element: Boron.