Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    I do both, neither are girly. Nor are they manly. They are roles a group needs and get fulfilled.

Quote Originally Posted by Lily Crowley View Post
    Stupid gender stereotypes that sadly still permeates society. Ignore it and go on with your healing.
    Gender stereotypes that still permeate society? Doctors have been predominantly male throughout all of history.

I can maybe see the stereotype that women = witches, ergo women = spellcasters, which eventually morphed into women = healers. But until very recently, even the very idea of a divine healer included a mail/plate clad male priest class, akin to paladin in WoW. The notion of cloth-wearing classes as healers is quite recent, afaik.
    Last edited by Ashnazg; 2012-10-06 at 11:03 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    If you're making your decision based on a stereotype then you've got a whole different problem to deal with.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbamboozal View Post
    Intelligence is like four wheel drive, it's not going to make you unstoppable, it just sort of tends to get you stuck in more remote places.
    Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    If you want to be disgusted, next time you kiss someone remember you've got your mouth on the end of a tube which has shit at the other end, held back by a couple of valves.

how about...who cares? i do all 3 roles im a dude and i like healing a ton. who gives a rat's ass? just have fun with the game. stop worrying about what other people will think about you. Hell, the funnest part of being a healer is if someone pisses you off you can let them die

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ashnazg View Post
    Gender stereotypes that still permeate society? Doctors have been predominantly male throughout all of history.

I can maybe see the stereotype that women = witches, ergo women = spellcasters, which eventually morphed into women = healers. But until very recently, even the very idea of a divine healer included a mail/plate clad male priest class, akin to paladin in WoW. The notion of cloth-wearing classes as healers is quite recent, afaik.
    I think the stereotype is about men being more aggressive and women being more caring and gentle. I don't think the gender of doctors has anything to do with it. Even then doctors being typically male had more to with the stereotype of women being dumber or too emotional and therefore unfit for such an important role. I'm pretty sure the wow healer stereotype is more based the "manliness" of the role. A person charging in to take a beating and kill things comes off as tougher (manlier) than the person avoiding combat to help others.
    "Terror, darkness, power? The Forsaken crave not these things; the Forsaken ARE these things."

I play male and female toons.
    I also play tanks, healers, and dps.
    Female in real life.

.. Whoops.
    BIG CHUNKUS

Bloodsail Admiral Killmaim Deathbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Real l337 men hold aggro of B055 so the femen can make mighty food for mighty l337 men! [/sarcasm]

Quote Originally Posted by MechaMoose View Post
    Healing can be manly!

just imagine Johnny bravo as a healer
    "hey there sexy tanking mama your looking a little down maybe u need some of my HEALING HANDS!" *strikes ridiculous pose*
    Everybody go home this man wins
    BIG CHUNKUS