Thread: Skype virus

Deleted

Skype virus

Hey,

Its getting out of hand, The skype virus have showed up like 1/2 a week ago, atleast that's what i've heard and a lot of people still fall for it. There is atleast one guy in your friendslist who's got it most likely. The skype virus sends you a message through the person's skype account with the message whether this is your new profile pic +link. If you press that link you get infected and it's a nasty one. It has a keylogger and a virus that crashes your pc afterwards. Just messaging here to get you guys aware of the virus before clicking links.

Wow mainly has quite some skype users and it's been circling around them. Don't click weird goo.gl links. Links in general.

Thanks for the heads up, didn't know there was one. Though I'm not surprised, I remember the same thing happening with ICQ when I used that, and then MSNM when I used that. But if a swede writes to me in english, it's pretty much a heads up.

Deleted
    someone on my list sent me this today, I clicked on the link and it downloaded the zip file, although I didn't click on the exe file inside, as I realised that it wasn't a picture and thought my friend was being a douche and trying to virus me. So as I haven't clicked on the exe I'm not infected right?

Deleted
    ye synthaxx, i'm not falling for it either but people do. I just wanted to get people aware of this virus.

No idea mozez, Synthaxx said it's fine but i'm paranoid parrot himself so i would run a virus scanner either way.
    Last edited by mmoc1d285b056b; 2012-10-06 at 05:25 PM.

Deleted
    Ye i'm not saying that i'm not laughing with and about people that got infected xD

Deleted
    The dude who sent me the link doesn't know how to get rid of the virus, could someone give me like a quick guide to copy 'n' paste to him?

http://trojan-killer.net/beware-viru...nks/#more-7967

This little software did it for my friend, free version worked fine.

Stood in the Fire TheRealDavidTwo's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    If you get the virus, I'd just system restore to an earlier date, or something.

EDIT: Tools --> Options --> Advanced --> Mange other programs access to Skype --> Remove anything that may seem suspicious

Download avast or any other anti-virus software (Let's not use AVG or Microsoft Essentials, as those two kind of suck). Avast /should/ be able to pick it up.

If you don't feel like going through this, THEN I'd recommend system restoring.
    Last edited by TheRealDavidTwo; 2012-10-07 at 03:01 AM.