Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wikiy View Post
    /thread.

I was going to argue that it really depends how accurate modern physics is. It tells us that there aren't infinitely small things or pieces of information. It tells us that the smallest things that can have information are elementary particles. If this really is true (and i tend to lean that it is), it would mean there is a finite amount of knowledge in the universe.

But i had totally forgotten that space is expanding.
    Let's not forget that time is moving ever forward as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Grokan View Post
    Let's not forget that time is moving ever forward as well.
    Things actually point at the quantum world not having a linear timeline, explaining spooky action at distance and quantum/global consciousness phenomenons through information travelling back in time.
    ...just another dream within a dream...

Deleted
    Well, human understanding is finite and every being on Earth is finite, so there is no being, I guess, that can know everything. Human possibility may be finite too?

Maybe it's the old if a tree falls in a forest and noone hears it, does it still make a sound?

Knowledge may be a belief about something based on experience? Is human experience finite? I'd wager to yes, and there are many things which we are categorically unable to experience.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Raphtheone View Post
    Pi = ∞
    or
    Pi = 3,14159(etc)

Which one is it? Seems like an unnecessary hassle to calculate pi with the wrong value if we already know it.
    Alright, question for you:

What is 1/3 in decimal form?
    Putin khuliyo

10+ Year Old Account
    .33 repeated isn't a good example because you already know what the next number is going to be: 3. Pi is an example of a number that is infinitely complex because you'll always be able to get deeper without knowing what the next number is going to be.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Grokan View Post
    .33 repeated isn't a good example because you already know what the next number is going to be: 3. Pi is an example of a number that is infinitely complex because you'll always be able to get deeper without knowing what the next number is going to be.
    True, but I was using more to show that pi being 3.14 is an approximation, not an exact value, just like 1/3 = 3.333.. is an approximation, not an exact value. In both cases, we know the number is infinite because the calculation keeps bringing out a remainder. It's just that with 1/3, it's always 3 and in pi, it's a different number each time. But the point is, we can keep calculating forever.
    Putin khuliyo