Deleted

PuG Horror Stories

All of this occured this afternoon. The experience cost me several braincells and I may just have to relearn the English language. Every group was in a row.

Stratholme Attempt #1

Pandaren Brewmaster tank (shocking). Starts going decent enough. Then the tank starts to grind to a halt, claims he doesn't want to tank because he thinks he'll die too much. Asks his friend (same guild) to change. We wipe once on trash after the abomination grinds us into fine dirt due to mobs swarming the healer. Tank blames it on lag.

Reach the Tobacco Boss. The tank runs ahead whilst we're still fighting mobs to try and 'steal' his quest item, unawares that opening the crate spawns the boss. Spends the next ten or so seconds looking straight at the crate for his item whilst the boss (the adds still alive) devours the healer and DPS. Blames it on lag despite numerous movements to the contrary.

Stratholme Attempt #2

Mage starts shouting "Clearfastclearfastclearfast" which is a good sign of things to come. Tank DCs infront of Abomination trash, Rogue quits, group wipes due to sudden appearance of several dozen ghouls. Group disbands.

Stratholme Attempt #3

Group goes for The Unforgiven instead (fair enough). Tank quits half-way through killing trash despite no prior issues. Tank joins after emptied trash, but by then the Rogue quits. Begin moving on boss before the Tank quits again for apparently no reason. Group soon follows.

Stratholme Attempt #4

Starts off well enough. Reach the Scarlet Bastion when the tank leaves the instance (see: not quit) and tries to join for Blackrock Depths instead. Spams the invitation. Nobody accepts. Group disbands due to waiting for tank.

Stratholme Attempt #5

Tank tries to go fast, ends up pulling Abomination and additional ghoul trash. Dies in roughly three seconds. It should be noted that he actually has less HP than the healer. Group (surprisingly) continues regardless, though the healer gets the blame despite the tank being the one ignoring aggro. Rogue rushes ahead and gets killed by trash, spams "resmmememresmemeresme" despite us trying to finish off the trash he aggro'ed and thus still in combat. Wipe in the library/pillar room prior to the Cannon room due to the tank deciding it would be a good idea to try and break the line of sight of the healer.

Rogue begins to ninja loot every drop. Reach the final boss. Killed. Entire group bar two try to ninja loot and instantly leave without a word.

----------------------------------------------

TL;DR - HNNNNNNGGGGHHHHHHHHHH.

Good lord, this was horrible. I normally don't bother with using the Dungeon Finder bar certain dungeons I hit during my world levelling experience. Needless to say I will be avoiding them entirely up until I hit Pandaria. Inb4 "omg y u qqing" passive aggressive remarks, etc.

Anyway, I'm interested in seeing what other horror stories people have of their group experiences. Please don't turn this into a "Dungeon Finder ruined WoW" argument, since this is for schadenfreude more than anything.
    Last edited by mmoc8a29730aed; 2012-10-06 at 05:39 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    There's something in the water... Florida
    I play a level 20 paladin twink with most of the BiS gear, the only thing I am missing from dungeons is a cloak from the random dungeon bag. Yesterday I queued for a random dungeon in hopes of getting the cloak, my group was made up of 4 monks and me and the dungeon was Wailing caverns. Very early in the dungeon one of the 2 dps monks pulls and the tank ignores it, said monk then dies and I rez him. The monk proceeds to ask the tank why doesn't he tank properly and the tank kindly replies " if you pull you are fucked, and the healer is my guild mate so don't bother asking for heals". After seeing this I got slightly mad. I put on righteous fury and hacked and slashed my way through part of the dungeon with the 2 dps monks while the tank and healer chased us from a distance to ninja on the loot. When I finish one wing of the dungeon one of the monks leaves and I try to vote off the tank, but since I don't have majority it fails. I tried to bring a new person the team but somehow the team got removed from queue every single time. I manage to clear the second wing with the remaining dps monk but the last boss had dropped a piece that he wanted and the tank ninjaed . When Im ready to kill last boss for my stupid bag the tank bribes the monk into kicking me with the ninjaed piece of loot. That was my most horrible dungeon experience in a really long time and a big waste of time as well.

Well, to be fair, you were kind of being a jerk. There was no need to try to show up the tank, he was doing his job, and was completely in the right to tell the DPS not to pull. Depending on the class, aoe tanking can be a nightmare at lower levels, and over pulling is a huge issue. The tank's job is tough enough without dps pulling additional mobs. Also, they weren't trying to "ninja" your loot, it was their loot too. Five man dungeons are one team working towards one goal, they're not designed to have one faction selfishly running off trying to exclude the rest of the team from loot.

Plus, you tried to kick the tank when you knew the healer was a friend of his. You sort of brought that experience on yourself.

7 Attemps on Gundrak, first try, tank did ignore the forst boss, healer left mid trash pull, wipe, everybody left.
    Try 2-7 everytime the same, Tank pulls ALL the groups after the first boss, each time a wipe, each time everybody leaves...

Last ( 8th ) attemp, i go in as tank, now DPS pulls everything, i leave and scratch Gun Drak for ever

Was in a dungeon the other day and one of the warriors kept standing in aoes and basically taking as much damage as he possibly could.

He died then he turned round to me, the healer, and started ranting and raving about how i was the worst healer ever and that he was going to track me down and kill me irl because i was ruining the game for him.

Proceeded to vote kick the idiot shortly after.

Had a run yesterday in Scarlet Monestary Heroic. It was 3 people from another guild, a random, and mystef. Tank doesn't pick up any adds and we almost wipe due to them running around hitting people. After the fight I asked the tank why he didn't pick up adds. He said he dc'd (his damage and movement say otherwise). He then said the group was going to sit there and wait the 8 minutes so they could kick me. So 8 minutes later I got kicked.

The only reason I blurred out the names (other than my own) is because naming & shaming isn't allowed. I would love to do so if it were, though >.<

And you think he was joking about vendoring it?

His armory:

Whatever, I got my shield the next day.
    Stulti se laudant.
    Minecraft Survival Server: 203.206.166.219:25565
    http://www.youtube.com/user/fpiceail

Quote Originally Posted by CHALET View Post
    Stratholme Attempt #4

Starts off well enough. Reach the Scarlet Bastion when the tank leaves the instance (see: not quit) and tries to join for Blackrock Depths instead. Spams the invitation. Nobody accepts. Group disbands due to waiting for tank.
    This is a peave of mine. People who join a random group, doesn't like what they get, and then refuses to leave but insists we either requeue for the dungeon they want or demands to be kicked so they don't get the deserter debuff.

Seriously? People like that need a 24 hour ban just to tell them off for pulling rubbish like that. If you don't like random dungeons, don't queue random. Simples.

10+ Year Old Account
    no true horror stories as of yet but usually run with 1-4 guildies,

worst case was a unholy dk that kept DG'ing things, obviously when it flies across the screen, fortunately my guildie was the healer and i stopped taunting back, he stopped getting heals.

he shaped up about halfway though when he complained about people not vote kicking "properly" (yes he said properly)
    so guildies and i said hey omg you are from my server!
    to which he replied omg you are in my guild, the other dps pipes up, omg both of you are in my guild and my dungeons STALKERS!!!

we laughed a while, and the DK paused for about a minute, guessing trying to comprehend how 3 guildies got stuck in the same random dungeon group.
    he did shape up afterwards, low as hell damage but at least he wasn't deathgripping.
    Still I cry, tears like pouring rain, Innocent is my lurid pain.

Most of my ZG & ZA runs during Cata turned to complete nightmares, those kind you get when your asleep. Escpecially when 4.1 hit for the first week...

Jin'do and Kilnara were the worst, but Jin'do was easily the Satan of ZG. I was one of the people who gave him the nickname ''Jindo the Pugbreaker'' (instead of Godbreaker)

Quote Originally Posted by neubs986 View Post
    Well, to be fair, you were kind of being a jerk. There was no need to try to show up the tank, he was doing his job, and was completely in the right to tell the DPS not to pull. Depending on the class, aoe tanking can be a nightmare at lower levels, and over pulling is a huge issue. The tank's job is tough enough without dps pulling additional mobs. Also, they weren't trying to "ninja" your loot, it was their loot too. Five man dungeons are one team working towards one goal, they're not designed to have one faction selfishly running off trying to exclude the rest of the team from loot.

Plus, you tried to kick the tank when you knew the healer was a friend of his. You sort of brought that experience on yourself.
    The tank wasn't being a jerk by telling people not to bother asking for heals, telling them they were fucked, etc? Your logic, it confuses me.

@OP: I usually tank. Most tank classes are good enough when played properly that they don't need much healing except for certain dungeons. Usually takes care of it. Also, keep in mind, first 2 weeks of MoP, a LOT of the bads, assholes, etc are going to be queing for LFD.

Dragonwing, you should name and shame that guy on the Wow forums if it is allowed.

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonwing View Post

The only reason I blurred out the names (other than my own) is because naming & shaming isn't allowed. I would love to do so if it were, though >.<

And you think he was joking about vendoring it?

Whatever, I got my shield the next day.
    Sounds like my trip to Scholo for the heroic healing trinket, after many runs, it finally drops. I'm queued with a friend healer who has the trinket, so I'm dpsing as elemental. I state beforehand heals is my mainspec, I just need a break from healing so I brought a friend along to heal with me so I wouldn't be taking it from someone else. It goes something like this.....

Me: Like I said earlier, heals is my mainspec, I'm rolling on this. I've been trying for it since hitting 90 on day 2 of release.
    Druid Tank: YOU ROLLED OFFSPEC IM ROLLING TOO /rolls /wins. HAHAHAHA LOSER both my specs are feral this is a good chunk of gold though! /leaves.

I really really hate most of the community on this game.
    Hiddy play warrior. Hiddy go smash smash. RAWR!

Deleted
    I've only noticed DPS (and healers) slowly getting worse and worse as the masses are reaching 90. I already top single target dps while tanking and I assume the gap is getting bigger and bigger.

10+ Year Old Account
    No recent horror stories from me, and I've been playing quite a lot too. The worst I can think of was a healer that was high when I was tanking SM Cathedral in normal. some of those mobs in there hit HARD. Had to be very careful when to pull, as keeping up with the rest of the group seemed somewhat of a challenge for him.

Quote Originally Posted by SilentStocket View Post
    I've only noticed DPS (and healers) slowly getting worse and worse as the masses are reaching 90. I already top single target dps while tanking and I assume the gap is getting bigger and bigger.
    Tanks really do top dps these days, thanks to vengeance. With some mobs you really have to try to deal more dps than the tanks, especially when people aren't 90 yet.
    Last edited by Santti; 2012-10-07 at 07:39 PM.

The worst thing about pugs, or the first thing that comes to mind rather is the prima donas tanks making drama at the slightest things
    And even sometimes pulling mobs on purpose "to punish" or letting dps die when something doesnt go their way

mmm horror pug stories ? i think it would be their perspective tho :P. After i finally got to instal mop and get a level i decided to do some random dungeons. I left the game for a few months so i didnt remember much, got cold, and had no idea what i was doing lol. i can tell you, my 2 first dungeons i was probably the clumsiest person around xD.
    i stood in water, the big door shut in my face, addons blocking meditation button, etc etc. YES people got angry at me ^-^ but it was fun also seeing them raging.
    i understand is not fun to wipe but dunno why everytime is my first time is always BAAAADDD

Quote Originally Posted by SilentStocket View Post
    Sounds like you need me in dem dungeons bro.

Having been one of the...countless people deciding to try out a Pandaren Monk, I have been doing my fair share of questing and dungeoning the past few weeks. (lots of free time plus heirlooms = fairly quick leveling for me heh).

Hadn't had any particularly annoying dungeon runs, besides one or two people who seem to believe that if I aren't charging forward 24/7 I am not tanking right and pull for me, my runs have been fairly good.

Generally my most recent crap was this morning though, I reached about 65ish and wanted to run Mana Tombs (Actually to think of it, Underbog was similar) but, what happened was I had an overeager gatherer in both.

They would ignore the usual pack about 5 feet from the node, charge in and start mining or flower picking away, with about 3-4 elite mobs wailing on them and their deaths coming near imminently.

I didn't boot them, and typically did save them with a quick keg toss, but it was more annoying than rage inducing.

Of course the other issue they would do is ignore the adds I would be fighting to go and mine or pick flowers, which was a bit more annoying, though it's...well, BC in heirlooms, so I didn't give much of a damn either. And lastly some guy rolling on two or three agility pieces as a warrior.
    Last edited by Requiemcliff; 2012-10-07 at 07:43 PM.