Page 1 of 3
1
2
3
LastLast
  1. #1

    Thumbs down Mogu'shan Vaults ID exploit

    Mogu'shan Vaults opened this week (last wednesday in EU). Yet some guilds managed to killed Normal boss multiple times with the same raid.

    For example, Craze_Uldaman_EU :
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte.../Dralak/simple
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/fr/characte...n/Bodym/simple
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/fr/characte...88liana/simple
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/fr/characte...3%AFtif/simple
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/fr/characte...Ciremyk/simple
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/fr/characte...5thazer/simple
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/fr/characte...3%8Alie/simple
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/fr/characte...man/Eyo/simple

    As you can see in the Raid Progression section (scroll down), by mousing over Mogu'shan Vaults, they already killed each boss 2 times, and i've been told are getting ready for a third.

    It's a fact they killed bosses 2 times the same week (just check Achievements and/or Activity Feed).

    So... here we are... again. People will never understand to play by the rules. I remember a lot of guids getting banned for exploiting LFR-Dragon Soul. In this case we're talking about Normal mode, which is higher ilvl so worst. I'm getting tired of this kind of behavior.

    I hope Blizzard will react quickly to that.

    I can't post on US forums because i'm EU, if you can please do it so blizz-team investigate quickly and take appropriate measure.

    In the meantime, what your thoughts about that ?

  2. #2
    same as the LFR exploit at the beginning, they'll receive a nice ban lol

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by Yem View Post

    In the meantime, what your thoughts about that ?
    I think you are incapable of reading other threads on the matter. If you had, you wouldn't be recycling this crap.

    Raids reset at 9am, the servers were up before then. They ran in, killed a boss and ran out before 9am when the servers reset. I'm sure it wasn't necesarily intended behaviour by Blizz but an exploit? No.

  4. #4
    I cannot possibly fathom why you care so much

  5. #5
    Blademaster Ciremyk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    France
    Posts
    37
    I'm from Craze, we didnt intend to exploit this, just continue the raid where we were Tuesday.

    its not our fault if Blizzard suck and lost all ID from our battlegroup but we cannot be accused of Exploit.

    we didnt even equip the loot we got.

    Edit1: We were not aware of this bug when we killed the bosses the second times, when the whole raid dc the raid id vanish.
    Edit2:

    Actually, it seems to affect the whole battlegroup hinterhalt-Embuscade and ALL the ID, not only raidID.

    We were not aware that the id will reset again when we killed the 4 bosses again.
    Anyway we HAVE to raid to unlock heroic mode and we cannot afford to stop raid cus blizzard suck.
    Last edited by Ciremyk; 2012-10-06 at 07:02 PM.

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by Ciremyk View Post
    I'm from Craze, we didnt intend to exploit this, just continue the raid where we were Tuesday.

    its not our fault if Blizzard suck and lost all ID from our battlegroup but we cannot be accused of Exploit.

    we didnt even equip the loot we got.

    Edit1: We were not aware of this bug when we killed the bosses the second times, when the whole raid dc the raid id vanish.
    Doesn't matter if you didn't intend to or not, people like the thread-creator just look for anything to cry about and sadly your guild is going to be the target now. Sorry duder.

  7. #7
    Stood in the Fire Chiasmus's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Lancaster, UK
    Posts
    401
    Oh my God, someone did something that has no bearing on myself, time to start a witch hunt!
    Nixara - Filthy Gorgeous - Ravenous EU
    --------------------------------------------
    Nixari | Nixin | Aveira | Lylira | Nixora | Nixara
    Apex - Al'Akir EU

  8. #8
    The difference with the LFR situation at T13 and this one is that for the LFR exploit, people had to do unusual stuff to break the system, and in this one, the players themselves did nothing different.(As far as I know. Correct me if I'm wrong) It was just that their lockouts were reset.

    We can't expect them to 'give up' a raid night because of a bug, and IF blizzard takes action, I'd be surprised if they do anything more than taking away the gear from the 2nd kill. More 'punishment' is unfair in my opinion, given the situation.

  9. #9
    Same happened to us. We wanted to do a trash farming evening/Elegon progress and end up having to clean the instance again (yes that can be a bad thing when you want to clean 6/6 and get onto heroic next lockout).

  10. #10
    Blademaster Ciremyk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    France
    Posts
    37
    Which server/battlegroup ?

  11. #11
    Embuscade

    10char

  12. #12
    These posts are getting old every time a new patch/expansion comes out without a full server maintenance. The maintenance for the raids being released was 2 hours, instead of the usual 8 hours (on US). During the usual 8 hours the raids reset, but since the maintenance was only 2 hours you could get into the raids before they reset.

    This is NOT an exploit. Just because you're butthurt and want to get up in arms about something you don't need to make a new thread every day saying that they exploited something. The guild boosting with repeatables wasn't an exploit, the 100% rag mount on normal wasn't an exploit, and this isn't an exploit. People need to stop yelling exploit at everything that happens... Especially when raids have been resetting at the same time for 8 years now...

  13. #13
    I am Murloc! roahn the warlock's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    In your base, killing your dudes
    Posts
    5,314
    Quote Originally Posted by Deja Thoris View Post
    I think you are incapable of reading other threads on the matter. If you had, you wouldn't be recycling this crap.

    Raids reset at 9am, the servers were up before then. They ran in, killed a boss and ran out before 9am when the servers reset. I'm sure it wasn't necesarily intended behaviour by Blizz but an exploit? No.
    Ya, it's an exploit lol. anything that puts you at an advantage over other players using means not in the game, or intended. ya they will receive a week ban if not two
    It was never Hardcore Vs Casual. It was Socialites Vs. Solo players
    Quote Originally Posted by ringpriest View Post
    World of Warcraft started life as a Computer Roleplaying Game, where part of the fun of the game experience was pretending to be your character. Stuff like applying poisons and eating food enhanced the verisimilitude of the experience of playing a fantasy character in another world. Now that game has changed to become a tactical arcade lobby game.

  14. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by Glurp View Post
    These posts are getting old every time a new patch/expansion comes out without a full server maintenance. The maintenance for the raids being released was 2 hours, instead of the usual 8 hours (on US). During the usual 8 hours the raids reset, but since the maintenance was only 2 hours you could get into the raids before they reset.

    This is NOT an exploit. Just because you're butthurt and want to get up in arms about something you don't need to make a new thread every day saying that they exploited something. The guild boosting with repeatables wasn't an exploit, the 100% rag mount on normal wasn't an exploit, and this isn't an exploit. People need to stop yelling exploit at everything that happens... Especially when raids have been resetting at the same time for 8 years now...
    It is, our guild has it's instance reseted and all bosses respawned everysingle time we log out.

  15. #15
    obviously an exploit. you get an id reset everytime you log out.

  16. #16
    Quote Originally Posted by Verzal View Post
    obviously an exploit. you get an id reset everytime you log out.
    I have this bug too.

    You say it's an exploit, so what do we do ? We wait, we do not kill the last boss and next week we go NM again, when every one else can go HM ? That's clearly not fair...

    We HAVE to do the same boss again to clean normal mode...
    Last edited by KramLeDemo; 2012-10-06 at 09:03 PM.

  17. #17
    we have this problem too. 5/6 bosses down and need to clear for heroic progress.
    but farming all bosses multiple times is exploiting.

  18. #18
    JK can only clear 4/6
    Hi I'm Shadow
    Priest Mage Druid

  19. #19
    Same happens in our server. All guild have reset ID 3 days in a row... We also re-clean everything for progression sake.

  20. #20
    Stood in the Fire
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Finland
    Posts
    409
    Wasn't there some kind of thread about raids opening before lockout reset for few moments in EU? That makes it 1 legit run in this week, and 1 "bug" run during last week lockouts.

    Would like to see someone with 3 or more kills on one boss, that would be pretty fascinating.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •