Poll: Should exploiting walls and doors be bannable?

Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Should wall bug be bannable?

You all know it, not going into details, go to Guo-lai halls and see for yourself. Theres people doing it every minute. I know it's been around for a long time and theres very little blizzard has done to fix it.

My question is though, should it be bannable?

My personal answer, yes it should, your gaining access to areas which you shouldn't normally have, and especially with guo-lai halls with chests behind them awarding gold and rep.

While I see you're point, the only reason as to why we do it, is cause Blizzard didnt think it trough.

Oh, also that if we didnt we would be looking for very long time for chestes, and most people maybe just have 1 key, and wanna get achivement fast, cause the measly 300 rep + random things that dosen't matter much, aint worth spending long time on.
    Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/djuntas ARPG - RTS - MMO

Ive never heard of this bug...

No bug should be bannable - especially those that are neutral in terms of abuse/advantage.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by wonderlii View Post
    No bug should be bannable - especially those that are neutral in terms of abuse/advantage.
    The name wall bug maybe misleading, it's a clear exploit, just for some reason, everyone knows it as "wall bug"

10+ Year Old Account
    IMO... no it shouldn't be bannable... why? because people that do that don't get anything..., they only get to see new places and cool things... but in the case that you give... yes it should be bannable... because they get things by exploting an error

Tough one to answer but I personally don't think it should be bannable, I've had to do the same thing in TB because I died in one of the catacombs and a battle started shortly after so everything was locked down. As far as the bonus gold/rep from the chests you can only gain access to them with a key that is currently available from the Mogu and in stead of having them clutter your bags like all the vanity items we currently have to deal with they glitch through the doors, use the key, and run back out. Really no harm done.

of course it's an exploit, no they won't ban everyone

Quote Originally Posted by razorback07 View Post
    The name wall bug maybe misleading, it's a clear exploit, just for some reason, everyone knows it as "wall bug"
    Remember back when there was a door leading to scholo and you had to pass through it to get in? OMG EXPLOIT BECAUSE PEOPLE CAN RUN BACK TO THEIR CORPSES!!!111!!!!111ONEONEONE!!!

But no really, its not an exploit. Going through doors while dead isn't cheating, and if it is, blizzard needs to increase the respawn time on chests.

10+ Year Old Account
    Honestly it shouldn't be a ban for doing that. It isn't a very major thing. You find a rare chest by luck even if you did do the quest and so forth or not, in the end. Finding a. Chest bug or no bug is pure luck.

Deleted
    You all know it, not going into details, go to Guo-lai halls and see for yourself. Theres people doing it every minute. I know it's been around for a long time and theres very little blizzard has done to fix it.

My question is though, should it be bannable?

My personal answer, yes it should, your gaining access to areas which you shouldn't normally have, and especially with guo-lai halls with chests behind them awarding gold and rep.
    What are you talking about? You should be banned and from forums to for theorycrafting exploits

10+ Year Old Account
    No, but thank you for letting me know there is a bug so I can go get chests.
    "We learn from history, that we learn nothing from history." - George B. Shaw

Damn how does this bug work? got 11 keys and that would be enough to get revered

No it should not be bannable, Bliz should fix it.

Deleted
    What is this bug you talk about? more Context please T_T

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by OniPew View Post
    What is this bug you talk about? more Context please T_T
    If you get a Ancient Guo-Lai Cache Key, go to Guo-Lai Halls, pull some mobs to the door that is on the left or right in front of you when you come down the stairs and die. You will be able to run through the door in ghost form into the next rooms where sometimes the Cache spawns. These doors only open at honored / revered so the "exploit" is that you're able to access them without the needed rep.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Thelxi View Post
    No it should not be bannable, Bliz should fix it.
    well tbh, it has been known for a long, long time, I'm wondering why it hasn't been fixed. One day it will be put to a serious use, maybe in a raid or so, then they'll be uproar, don't see why it's not just fixed.

well tbh, it has been known for a long, long time, I'm wondering why it hasn't been fixed. One day it will be put to a serious use, maybe in a raid or so, then they'll be uproar, don't see why it's not just fixed.
    Fixed how though? There are certain areas in the game where the player can become locked in. If s/he dies there, it'd be necessary to run through whatever's blocking it to retrieve the body.

Deleted
    then ban all the people who used the exact same system for scholo and diremaul.

Quote Originally Posted by hasslehoof View Post
    Damn how does this bug work? got 11 keys and that would be enough to get revered
    Die outside the gate, run through as ghost and rez on the other side. It's really not an exploit, it can be repeated in a number of places (Scholo/DM were already mentioned) and Blizzard has never done anything about it and they probably never will. To consider it a bannable exploit is laughable to me, personally. If it were even clever it would be one thing, but the number of ways you can get through doodads like this doesn't even require being told, you can easily figure it out on your own.