Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Monk healing style

What is most similar to existing classes? Hots like Druids? Shields like disc?

I see it as a mix of Druid-like healing over time and Priest's atonement healing, although it's certainly very different from both of those.

Yeah, it's a distinctive thing. In times of heavy, heavy damage, you'll be focusing on your heals, which are a mixture of channeled and cast times up to a couple seconds and instants. But whenever you're not reaching for the panic button, there are huge advantages to be in there dealing damage, which hasn't been the case so much for any healer since paladins with Seal of Truth several expansions back.

There's a fascinating flow between spells, with several that normally have a cast time but go instant while you're channeling Soothing Mists. Can't think of anything much like it at all, but I like it.

Depends on 10 or 25 as well. In 25 this week I never touched soothing mists, but in 10 I used it a bit more

Micro - management with the rewards of being able to occasionally glance away from Grid for a moment or two.

Deleted
    I switched from disc and it's nothing like disc.

Quote Originally Posted by Yilar View Post
    This.

It's closer to Druid than disc priest.
    Dolanar-

Quote Originally Posted by Yilar View Post
    The "hit to heal" mechanic is more like a pseudo-"victory rush" that targets anyone in your party.
    Soothing Mist:"Healing them for a minor amount every 0.5 sec, until you take any other action."
    Jade Serpent Statue: "The statue will also begin casting Soothing Mist on your target. healing for 50% as much as yours. "
    [What's half of minor?]
    "Statue casts Soothing Mist at a nearby ally for toddler healing."

Gosh, it's so different to the other healing specs in an awesome way...

IMO, we're sniper healers e.g. we're called into action to heal heavy damage, and then afk or fistweave during those very minor damage phases which you can leave for through-put healers like paladins. The renewing mists on cd and the AoE potential of MW reminds me of resto shamans using their riptide on cd and their powerful AoE heals.

Deleted
    Best thing about mistweavers, and monks in general is they share VERY few similarity's with other classes. They truly are a new class and not a mash up of other classes skills with a new look. My advice, play one and see what you think, I can certainly see how they wouldnt appeal to every playstyle, but fit a unique playstyle many (like myself) enjoy a lot more then any other healer. Same can be said for the windwalker and brewmaster specs tbh VERY gj by blizz imo

Stood in the Fire Static Transit's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'd say they are closest to druids if anything, and maybe a little like atonement disc. Imo, they shine as support healers (like druids), where you have them heal when you want to three-heal something, and their job is basically to help out the tank and raid healers. However, monks are very unique, and so it's best to just try it out and see for yourself.

10+ Year Old Account
    Honestly they're a pretty unique healer. The only similarity they have to Druids is that the majority of their heals are instant and a couple of them are HoTs. However, even then, their heals aren't like Druid heals. Renewing Mists for example is an instant heal, but it jumps from one person to another. Enveloping Mists is a HoT, but it has a big Chi cost and a cast time.

Then there's the melee component, which is unique to any other healer to in the game. It's also not a gimmick, because melee healing is an important part of your healing rotation. SCK AoE healing is also pretty OP at lower levels.

In the end, you need to play it and find out for yourself. Like all Monk specs, it requires fast reflexes, and attentiveness. You can't sit back and hit a standard rotation, because different situations require different tactics.

Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    Honestly they're a pretty unique healer. The only similarity they have to Druids is that the majority of their heals are instant and a couple of them are HoTs. However, even then, their heals aren't like Druid heals. Renewing Mists for example is an instant heal, but it jumps from one person to another. Enveloping Mists is a HoT, but it has a big Chi cost and a cast time.

Then there's the melee component, which is unique to any other healer to in the game. It's also not a gimmick, because melee healing is an important part of your healing rotation. SCK AoE healing is also pretty OP at lower levels.

In the end, you need to play it and find out for yourself. Like all Monk specs, it requires fast reflexes, and attentiveness. You can't sit back and hit a standard rotation, because different situations require different tactics.

what the heck are you talking about. Renewing Mists is a HoT, not an instant heal the jumps.

From the tooltip

"You surround the target with healing mists, restoring 3236 (+ 16% of SpellPower) health every 3 sec for 18 sec. Generates 1 Chi.

Renewing Mist travels to closest nearby injured party and raid members within 20 yards, up to 3 times.
    "
    Dolanar-

Deleted
    http://cs.twitch.tv/meddlinq/b/334765548 First four bosses of the new raid instance. I am mistweaver monk. Look if you'll find anything helpful.

I've been dpsing as WW so far but I am offspec as MW and have been messing with it a little but. its unlike any other healer i've played so far and has so many things you can do. If you mess around though you will OOM yourself faster than any other class either.

I'll be posting some things once I have more perspective to give advised on the class about.

1. Apply Renewing mist
    2. Jab x2
    3. Uplift, or Chi Burst
    4. ???
    5. Profit

Seriously it's awesome. 25 raid healing as monk is truly unique.

its prob the most awesome style of healing ive ever played ... my main used to be a ret paladin ... was running 1 tank 4 dps regs off healing with selfless healer and wog

just started playing my monk and hes lvl 30+ ... by far the most AWESOME class ever... im a brewmaster/mistweaver cuz both specs are badass

tearing through low lvl dungeons topping heals and dps ^^ as the healer

Quote Originally Posted by Alianthos View Post
    1. Apply Renewing mist
    2. Jab x2
    3. Uplift, or Chi Burst
    4. ???
    5. Profit

Seriously it's awesome. 25 raid healing as monk is truly unique.
    Wouldn't you only need to Jab once because Renewing Mists gives you 1 Chi already?

Quote Originally Posted by Broloth View Post
    Wouldn't you only need to Jab once because Renewing Mists gives you 1 Chi already?
    True for the first Uplift. After that you jab twice.

I am leveling a monk healer right now. Let me say, I have a druid healer or should I say I had a druid healer, Holy Priest, Paladin, and Shaman. My raid needs a healer so instead of DPS'ing like I thought I would be I had to pick a healing class. My choices were: Druid, Paladin, Shaman and Monk. I am not impressed with any of them this x-pac honestly and I played a monk healer in the beta so I picked monk as I enjoyed healing with that class more compared to the others.

I feel like its a whole new class but it does have some similarities to others in my opinion. You can DPS/Heal like a Disc Priest. There is some HOTS, but it doesn't feel like a druid. If you take Chi Wave its somewhat like Prayer of Mending from a Priest and heals a good chunk of health. You can put out big heals like a Paladin. I'm only level 50 in live, but I can catch health up very quickly. The main heal is channeled, however while channeling you make 2 of your other heals instance cast. I'm not sure what they are called ATM. :P Anyway, this is the most fun I have had with a healing class in quite awhile. I see me sticking with my monk for a very long time.