Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ...
3
4
5
6
7
LastLast
  1. #81
    Stood in the Fire Fernling306's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    490
    Quote Originally Posted by Aciaedius View Post
    So this *actually* works?

    I played the game for about half a day (not playtime, but one evening and one afternoon) before I got too bored of it, and that was mid-last-month, so I should probably be eligible.

    Did you say anything in particular when submitting your ticket which could be useful for anyone else doing this?
    Just make sure you purchased the game digitally through NCsoft.

  2. #82
    Fluffy Kitten Aciaedius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Lagom
    Posts
    3,172
    Quote Originally Posted by Fernling306 View Post
    Just make sure you purchased the game digitally through NCsoft.
    Maybe that'll be where I fall, then. I purchased my copy through Greenmangaming (whose refund policies, on their side, strictly say "no MMOs"). Still, it's worth having my hopes up until they've tossed in a response. I'll remember to come back here and mention whether or not it went through when I've been given a ticket response.
    PvE:er to the bone. Plays a druid. Also plays DotA and a whole bunch of other stuff. Listens to mostly everything.
    "We actually contracted out the creation of the equally-epic-yet-non-loot-dropping-non-boss mobs in Throne of Thunder to a giant snail. I think he did a pretty good job."
    - Blue Q&A

  3. #83
    Quote Originally Posted by tenaka30 View Post
    Not quite. He made an assumption (whether fair or not) about the content of the meal and on that basis ordered it. After he ate it he found he was still hungry. Given the refund was successful he is likely to spend that money on another game (another meal). He got he meal he ordered and then got the money back to go buy more food.



    I know I'm not one of the posters insulting you but playing devils advocate in this instance, whether most MMO's are played far beyond or not, the fact that you confirm that there isn't anything for you after 80 is the same as saying you ate the entire meal. The situation is more the case you made an assumption there was something after the meal, but after you ate it, you found there wasn't.

    But more importantly after flogging the meal comparison to death, is anyone else feeling hungry now............?
    It's more like sitting through an appetizer you didn't really like expecting the main course to make up for it, only to find the main course is burnt pigeon instead of roast duck.

  4. #84
    I made the same with Blizzard. I ask for refund to my Diablo3. Here it's the response.



    Hello. I want a refund for my Diablo3 game, I bought before it launches, I only played for 1 week, you can check it, after I hit level 40, not even 60, the game got pretty boring for me, and it was filled with problems, glitches wich made the game non enjoyable, I was expecting a true diablo succesor not this. I couldn't even play the first 3 days because an error on your servers. I haven't played since 40, so I want my refund plz.

    Greetings Trollhamaren,

    Thank you for taking the time to report this matter to us. Please understand that Blizzard Entertainment cannot refund money over sold games.

    Best Regards,

    ----------------------
    Customer Services
    Blizzard Entertainment
    www.blizzard.com/support



    So ArenaNet is pretty cool by giving refunds. A company making games for players not for money.
    I never ask for a refund over a game, even if I didn't like it, because I know I already played. This was the first time, and with Blizzard, just to see what happens and make a comparision.
    OBEY THE PUG!

  5. #85
    Leech, Freeloader, Human Trash.

  6. #86
    The Lightbringer Rukh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    3,409
    Quote Originally Posted by Deafknight View Post
    Leech, Freeloader, Human Trash.
    Wow bro, I think you need to get off the internet for a while.

    ---------- Post added 2012-10-07 at 01:01 AM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Trollhamaren View Post
    I made the same with Blizzard. I ask for refund to my Diablo3. Here it's the response.



    Hello. I want a refund for my Diablo3 game, I bought before it launches, I only played for 1 week, you can check it, after I hit level 40, not even 60, the game got pretty boring for me, and it was filled with problems, glitches wich made the game non enjoyable, I was expecting a true diablo succesor not this. I couldn't even play the first 3 days because an error on your servers. I haven't played since 40, so I want my refund plz.

    Greetings Trollhamaren,

    Thank you for taking the time to report this matter to us. Please understand that Blizzard Entertainment cannot refund money over sold games.

    Best Regards,

    ----------------------
    Customer Services
    Blizzard Entertainment
    www.blizzard.com/support



    So ArenaNet is pretty cool by giving refunds. A company making games for players not for money.
    I never ask for a refund over a game, even if I didn't like it, because I know I already played. This was the first time, and with Blizzard, just to see what happens and make a comparision.
    I could see asking for a refund for FFXIV, but blizzard has been pretty forthcoming about how terrible it was and gave everybody lots of free time, not only that, they're trying their hardest to fix it and give people who paid access.

  7. #87
    Quote Originally Posted by Rukh View Post
    Wow bro, I think you need to get off the internet for a while.
    You can clearly see the thread creators attitude towards the intelectual property of others and how much he thinks hes entitled to in this world. Relying on the goodwill of others and abusing it shamelessly.
    Pretty sure mods will give me a pause from mmo-champ though :P

  8. #88
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeek Daniels View Post
    yea i dont get this whole refund thing. just because you dont like a game doesnt mean you should get a refund for it. If it couldnt run on your computer then yea you should get a refund. But just because a game is buggy (which they all are) or you didnt like how it turned out doesnt mean you should get a refund.
    I can't even...
    ...your logic...
    WTF?

  9. #89
    The Lightbringer Rukh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    3,409
    Quote Originally Posted by Deafknight View Post
    You can clearly see the thread creators attitude towards the intelectual property of others and how much he thinks hes entitled to in this world. Relying on the goodwill of others and abusing it shamelessly.
    Pretty sure mods will give me a pause from mmo-champ though :P
    That doesn't make a single thing you said appropriate.

  10. #90
    Quote Originally Posted by Rukh View Post

    I could see asking for a refund for FFXIV, but blizzard has been pretty forthcoming about how terrible it was and gave everybody lots of free time, not only that, they're trying their hardest to fix it and give people who paid access.
    Same goes for Anet, they are fixing the problems, the game is only 1month old.
    Diablo is several months old.

    Asking for a refund is abusing of the good will. But did you see the difference?.
    Asking for a refund to Ncsoft Arenanet after you reach max level. -Ok no problem, here's your money, we apreciate you as a player, come back any time if you change your mind.
    Asking for a refund to ActivisionBlizzard (aka vivendi) after only playing a few. - IT'S OUR MONEY NOW!
    Last edited by Trollhamaren; 2012-10-07 at 01:15 AM.
    OBEY THE PUG!

  11. #91
    Quote Originally Posted by Rukh View Post
    That doesn't make a single thing you said appropriate.
    Who else but human trash exploits the goodwill of others and feels righteous about it ?

  12. #92
    The Lightbringer Rukh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    3,409
    Quote Originally Posted by Deafknight View Post
    Who else but human trash exploits the goodwill of others and feels righteous about it ?
    That is your opinion of the OP, remember that. And it still doesn't make insults appropriate.

    ---------- Post added 2012-10-07 at 01:14 AM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Trollhamaren View Post
    Same goes for Anet, they are fixing the problems, the game is only 1month old.
    Diablo is several months old.
    By now S-E was admitting they rushed it and that it was not good at all.

    GW2 is in no state close to what FFXIV was and I'm not saying that Arenanet needs to be saying such things. I'm just saying that FFXIV is one game I could see that I would feel right asking for a refund for if it weren't for S-E's actions. No need for you to pounce to the defense here.

  13. #93
    Stood in the Fire Haizer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    The top sock drawer
    Posts
    423
    I love how the GW2 community has turned as bad as the WoW community. He didn't like the game, decided to take a long shot at a refund, and he got one. Glad you got a refund OP, I paid cash so I don't think I can get a refund. I thought the leveling was great, but the endgame is what it looks like...Korean grind. I played Aion enough tyvm

  14. #94
    Quote Originally Posted by Haizer View Post
    I love how the GW2 community has turned as bad as the WoW community. He didn't like the game, decided to take a long shot at a refund, and he got one. Glad you got a refund OP, I paid cash so I don't think I can get a refund. I thought the leveling was great, but the endgame is what it looks like...Korean grind. I played Aion enough tyvm
    If you wan't gear its a Korean grind. If you play the way you want its playing the game for fun like it should be.

    The player MAKES it a Korean grind because that is what they mentally go back too for doing for so long. You have freedom of play without restrictions like gear or levels, only your physical abilities and what you actually want to play.

    This concept is somehow so overwhelming that players like yourself just fall back on dungeon grinding for gear.

    Don't blame GW2 for something you do as a natural reflex.

  15. #95
    The Lightbringer Rukh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    3,409
    Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    If you wan't gear its a Korean grind. If you play the way you want its playing the game for fun like it should be.

    The player MAKES it a Korean grind because that is what they mentally go back too for doing for so long. You have freedom of play without restrictions like gear, only your physical abilities.
    So what are you doing in game?

  16. #96
    Quote Originally Posted by Rukh View Post
    So what are you doing in game?
    Playing around the world doing zones I didn't do, zones I already did but doing dynamic events there I did not do. Playing with my friends who are a lower level, doing dungeons because I WANT TO DO THEM, not for the gear because I don't need gear and PvP, leveling another proffesion.

    I do lots, I play what I want to play.

  17. #97
    Quote Originally Posted by Trollhamaren View Post
    I made the same with Blizzard. I ask for refund to my Diablo3. Here it's the response.



    Hello. I want a refund for my Diablo3 game, I bought before it launches, I only played for 1 week, you can check it, after I hit level 40, not even 60, the game got pretty boring for me, and it was filled with problems, glitches wich made the game non enjoyable, I was expecting a true diablo succesor not this. I couldn't even play the first 3 days because an error on your servers. I haven't played since 40, so I want my refund plz.

    Greetings Trollhamaren,

    Thank you for taking the time to report this matter to us. Please understand that Blizzard Entertainment cannot refund money over sold games.

    Best Regards,

    ----------------------
    Customer Services
    Blizzard Entertainment
    www.blizzard.com/support



    So ArenaNet is pretty cool by giving refunds. A company making games for players not for money.
    I never ask for a refund over a game, even if I didn't like it, because I know I already played. This was the first time, and with Blizzard, just to see what happens and make a comparision.
    They allowed them for a month after purchase you should of tried it then. You should not have waited.

  18. #98
    There is a guild party on crystal desert on lions arch, everyone is getting drunk and doing situps.

  19. #99
    Quote Originally Posted by Rukh View Post
    So what are you doing in game?
    Is this trolling? xd

    I think by the way he speaks, that his answer will be -having fun.

    Quote Originally Posted by Bobthewarior View Post
    They allowed them for a month after purchase you should of tried it then. You should not have waited.
    As I said before, I would never ask for a refund over a game. This was just an experiment.
    But thanks for the information. I didn't knew back then o.o
    Last edited by Trollhamaren; 2012-10-07 at 01:28 AM.
    OBEY THE PUG!

  20. #100
    He stole the game, Anet was nice enough to accommodate the jerk.

    /end

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •