Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ...
4
5
6
7
LastLast
  1. #101
    Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    If you wan't gear its a Korean grind. If you play the way you want its playing the game for fun like it should be.

    The player MAKES it a Korean grind because that is what they mentally go back too for doing for so long. You have freedom of play without restrictions like gear or levels, only your physical abilities and what you actually want to play.

    This concept is somehow so overwhelming that players like yourself just fall back on dungeon grinding for gear.

    Don't blame GW2 for something you do as a natural reflex.
    So your saying its only a grindfest if you play the game ? obviously O_o

    ---------- Post added 2012-10-07 at 01:28 AM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Rukh View Post
    That is your opinion of the OP, remember that. And it still doesn't make insults appropriate.[COLOR="red"]
    Unlike the infamous appropriate insults ?

  2. #102
    The Insane smrund's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    In the state of Denial.
    Posts
    15,505
    Pardon me but what exactly is the continued point of this thread? The OP got his refund, people were made aware that you may still be able to get one, and isn't that really all that needed to be said?
    Quote Originally Posted by Masark View Post
    People in cars cause accidents. Accidents in cars cause people.
    Sometimes life gives you lemons, other times life gives you boobies. Life is always better with more boobies.
    Blizzard removed my subscription from WoD's features, it'll be added sometime later.
    And thus I give you: MALE contraception!

  3. #103
    So your saying its only a grindfest if you play the game ? obviously O_o
    No, I am saying if you play the game as a grindfest it is a grindfest. Don't blame the game for a way you choose to play it.

  4. #104
    Quote Originally Posted by smrund View Post
    Pardon me but what exactly is the continued point of this thread? The OP got his refund, people were made aware that you may still be able to get one, and isn't that really all that needed to be said?
    I like the fact that i can vent about people that steal and proudly brag about it online in here, what i dont like is how it publishes information on how to more effectively steal and get away with it.

  5. #105
    Quote Originally Posted by Rukh View Post
    Wow bro, I think you need to get off the internet for a while.

    ---------- Post added 2012-10-07 at 01:01 AM ----------



    I could see asking for a refund for FFXIV, but blizzard has been pretty forthcoming about how terrible it was and gave everybody lots of free time, not only that, they're trying their hardest to fix it and give people who paid access.
    GW 2 along with WoW are both triple A games in terms of bug freeness. Yes there are bugs in both games, but 3 things I consider are: how gamebreaking they are (really haven't run into any gamebreaking bugs up to a lvl 75 zones), how hard it is to get around them (a free server transfer generally does the job) and how many there are. Diablo 3, on the other hand, was laggy to me 2 months after launch (and I haven't played after that to see if they fixed that). That WAS gamebreaking for a rack n' slash game, heck I don't understand why I had lag with D3 and not with WoW, simply dumb. So the fact that Anet gave a refund to the op only means that they think it was fair to give the op a refund for a game he didn't like, not that the game is broken.

  6. #106
    Stood in the Fire Haizer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    The top sock drawer
    Posts
    428
    Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    If you wan't gear its a Korean grind. If you play the way you want its playing the game for fun like it should be.

    The player MAKES it a Korean grind because that is what they mentally go back too for doing for so long. You have freedom of play without restrictions like gear or levels, only your physical abilities and what you actually want to play.

    This concept is somehow so overwhelming that players like yourself just fall back on dungeon grinding for gear.

    Don't blame GW2 for something you do as a natural reflex.
    I didn't do dungeons. Karma grinding was korean pvp grinding, lots of work for little reward, just like dungeon grinding. The professions were nice though, especially when you went back to get mats you missed out on. Though once you hit max all you do is make money. So the only way to get gear past that is to...grind.

    Also a Korean grind is not a mentality, it is a game design. This game has lots of it, but if you like it that doesn't make it a revolutionary "non-grind korean grind!" like you apparently think it does. Though that concept is somehow so overwhelming that players like yourself fall back on bad logic to console themselves.

  7. #107
    Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    No, I am saying if you play the game as a grindfest it is a grindfest. Don't blame the game for a way you choose to play it.
    There is a flow in this game and the flow ends at farming for the legendary item or gaining pvp ranks at which point it turns into a grindfest.
    Unless i deliberately choose to create artificial timesinks for myself (which i can do in any game really) the grindfest is inevitable.

  8. #108
    Quote Originally Posted by Deafknight View Post
    There is a flow in this game and the flow ends at farming for the legendary item or gaining pvp ranks at which point it turns into a grindfest.
    Unless i deliberately choose to create artificial timesinks for myself (which i can do in any game really) the grindfest is inevitable.
    You are not forced to do anything you don't want to. You can avoid the grindfest. There is plenty to do, you choose not do other things, hence its the players fault.

    I didn't do dungeons. Karma grinding was korean pvp grinding, lots of work for little reward, just like dungeon grinding. The professions were nice though, especially when you went back to get mats you missed out on. Though once you hit max all you do is make money. So the only way to get gear past that is to...grind.

    Also a Korean grind is not a mentality, it is a game design. This game has lots of it, but if you like it that doesn't make it a revolutionary "non-grind korean grind!" like you apparently think it does. Though that concept is somehow so overwhelming that players like yourself fall back on bad logic to console themselves.
    Why are you karma grinding if you don't like it? THERE IS NO REASON TO KARMA GRIND IF YOU DON'T WANT TO. If you are after legendary yea it's a grind, but its a legendary what do you expect?

    If you are doing dungeons because you want to grind out rewards thats your own damn fault not the games. Play the dungeon to play the dungeon not the imaginary carrot at the end of it. It seems like you want to either do a super grindy game with high reward or not have a grindy game with high reward and not play the game the way it's meant to be played.

    In both cases theres MoP. Enjoy your pandas and your grind and stop blaming the game for what you do.

    The grind is there for people who want it, there is the non grindy part of the game which is the highlight. If you only focus on the grind and not the rest of the game what exactly do you want Anet to do?
    Last edited by zito; 2012-10-07 at 01:53 AM.

  9. #109
    gw2 what you expect.
    "We live in a world where a style of play that uses posession and passing to try and make spaces is made fun of.
    While a style of play where a team sits back for 90 minutes and breaks away in 1v1 situations is respected."
    - Ronald Koeman.

  10. #110
    While GW2 may not have the longevity everyone hoped it would. I think it shows a lot of class for the company to be so forgiving. Says a lot, I really do hope the game does well!

  11. #111
    Quote Originally Posted by Aciaedius View Post
    So this *actually* works?

    I played the game for about half a day (not playtime, but one evening and one afternoon) before I got too bored of it, and that was mid-last-month, so I should probably be eligible.

    Did you say anything in particular when submitting your ticket which could be useful for anyone else doing this?
    i only stated the truth which was that i played to max level, realized i had nothing to login in for, and have not logged in for a couple of weeks.
    it's possibly that i got luck with a nice GM that really care, but be that or not, i still think it is worth a try.
    I also did have the game pre purchased so maybe that could have played into it aswell.
    Last edited by Brandoh; 2012-10-07 at 02:55 AM.

  12. #112
    Stood in the Fire Haizer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    The top sock drawer
    Posts
    428
    Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    You are not forced to do anything you don't want to. You can avoid the grindfest. There is plenty to do, you choose not do other things, hence its the players fault.



    Why are you karma grinding if you don't like it? THERE IS NO REASON TO KARMA GRIND IF YOU DON'T WANT TO. If you are after legendary yea it's a grind, but its a legendary what do you expect?

    If you are doing dungeons because you want to grind out rewards thats your own damn fault not the games. Play the dungeon to play the dungeon not the imaginary carrot at the end of it. It seems like you want to either do a super grindy game with high reward or not have a grindy game with high reward and not play the game the way it's meant to be played.

    In both cases theres MoP. Enjoy your pandas and your grind and stop blaming the game for what you do.

    The grind is there for people who want it, there is the non grindy part of the game which is the highlight. If you only focus on the grind and not the rest of the game what exactly do you want Anet to do?
    Yeah...you're either trolling or just ignorant of what a game really is. You act as if I was bashing the game, and I wasn't. I had finished every zone, helped every person in my guild as much as I could, got the crafted gear and leveled my crafts to max, played the market and made money. Once you do all that you end up with nothing but the grind left.

    Also, what lets you dictate the way the game is supposed to be played? You sound all high and mighty for someone who doesn't know what the game was created for. Just give it up, GW2 is heavily reliant on grinding for end game things, and you can't deny that unless you just want to be stubborn as well as ignorant. Go to your cave now, and stop saying people are playing it wrong because they aren't playing it the way you like to play it.

  13. #113
    Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post

    Why are you karma grinding if you don't like it? THERE IS NO REASON TO KARMA GRIND IF YOU DON'T WANT TO.
    Well, just to be fair here. You do need karma &/or gold for a quite a lot of things. Choosing to not get karma &/or gold is effectively choosing to not play the PVE portions of the game.

    Grind is just about repetition to achieve advancement of some sort. Usually the same task(s) over and over. Which a lot of the PVE is basically.

    Pirates attacking the farm, Krait attacking the farm, Risen attacking the farm, etc. There are like 4 DEs in the whole game; defend, collect, escort, kill. One is "grinding" in a certain fashion no different than World of Warcraft, Tera or Rift. Up you which game hides the repetition best.

  14. #114
    You should not have got a refund. Seriously game companies are either being pushed into it or like Anet doing stupid shit like this. You bought the game and didn't like it....its not a fucking service you shouldn't get your money back for "opening the box", it worked perfectly fine, and because you "beat" it then finally decided you didn't like it. /facepalm.
    Damn I hate stupid consumerism.
    "I just wanted them to hand us our award! But they were just talk!, talk!, talk!......" - Wrathion

  15. #115
    Stood in the Fire Satanous's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Detroit
    Posts
    398
    Incoming fanboi attack!

    Please post productively. Infracted. -Edge
    Last edited by Edge-; 2012-10-07 at 05:14 PM.

  16. #116
    Dreadlord Vexies's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    lost somewhere in the corn fields of middle America
    Posts
    982
    Well, just to be fair here. You do need karma &/or gold for a quite a lot of things. Choosing to not get karma &/or gold is effectively choosing to not play the PVE portions of the game.
    I would take a bit of a issue with this statement in that you dont need to really do any serious grinding in order to get a set of gear adequate to do any content in the game. IF you want to go balls out and try to get that rare or exotic set in a short period of time then yes you are in for a grind but its a CHOICE the player makes not one that is required to enjoy the game for what it is in anyway. I have taken my time, have around 50% map completion have not finished all the zones on Orr, have not gone out of my way to grind anything other than what is required for normal zone completion of the zones I explore and I have managed to lvl two crafting profs to max AND craft my rare set.

    So.. yes the PLAYER chooses to make it a grind. Its not required and hardly necessary to do so.
    Last edited by Vexies; 2012-10-07 at 04:41 AM.

  17. #117
    I bought 2 copies for my wife and myself. It only kept us occupied for a month, but still the game was everything that it was advertised it would be. It's not like it was a major let down like Diablo 3 was.

  18. #118
    Quote Originally Posted by Mortanius View Post
    I bought 2 copies for my wife and myself. It only kept us occupied for a month, but still the game was everything that it was advertised it would be. It's not like it was a major let down like Diablo 3 was.
    at least diablo 3 improved drastically imo. we will see what happens with gw2

  19. #119
    Its like ordering a pizza with anchovies, everyone tells you how they taste, yet... after you eat the whole pizza, you complain that you didn't like the taste of anchovies and want a refund.

  20. #120
    Quote Originally Posted by Brandoh View Post
    at least diablo 3 improved drastically imo. we will see what happens with gw2
    nope
    not at all.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •