Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    The analogies of the fully eaten meal are incorrect.

OP and others may have gotten to level 80, but if they ordered a 3 course meal and were given the appetizer(Leveling to 80) then told to leave, then in his eyes he didn't receive what he thought he ordered which was a full game with a nice meaty meal (Endgame) and a tasty desert to eat when he's done (Random Dungeons, Dailies, Pet Battles)

I bought the game because of the insane amount of hype everyone gave it about it being the next best thing, when I bought it I played for about 35 levels and completely lost interest in it and felt duped by the overwhelming amount of positive reviews it was getting.

Regardless, I think this kind of post is extremely helpful to those who are in the same situation as me and I think the people mocking Brandoh for merely handing out information need to stop.

Quote Originally Posted by theWocky View Post
    From level 60 to 80, the game is hugely unpolished with some areas being a friggin nightmare to move around due to events constantly spawning at a frantic pace. Most of Orr, Malachar area (sic?), Straights are still a clusterf--kup of note. Contested zones all the friggin time so when you die, you gotta spawn halfway across the map. Very annoying.
    Offtopic: Only zone I can talk about is straits of devastation, had a blast with that one, leveled from 70-80 in that particular zone alone. That one wasn't bugged at all to, it is not hard to move around in that one: yes, mobs pull/stun you there somewhat often, but unless I hit a dead end and have to kill 4 enemies + a veteran at the same time, I find it hard to die there. Just saying that maybe part of the problem is on your end too. The contested waypoints sucks, but it is an incentive to me not to die and bring friends (although I mostly played solo there).

Heck, I bought a friggin' Range Rover once and it had a bunch of niggly little things that they couldn't seem to fix and then they told me after two weeks when I had sat with it that they needed it for 2 weeks to fix it. I demanded my money back. These things should have been fixed/checked before delivery. If something does not give you the experience/product you pay for, you demand your money back.
    Would you be within your rights to take it back after 2 years? OP spent a lot of time playing the game. It's not the same as taking a car back after 2 weeks or a shirt back the next day. It's more than a month after the game launched.

15+ Year Old Account
    1.) the website of the game contains all the informations about what the game has to offer and raids/real (end)game starts at 80 was not part of it. So I don't understand why someone would buy a game under the premise that 80 is endgame and that there is raiding.

2.) if they are offering refunds then it's still an exception to rule. I doubt many people will now just rush for refunds. Someone who actually liked the game but wants to take a break could theoretically demand a refund on the grounds that he did not like it. So the question is rather where they are drawing the line.

Quote Originally Posted by Clawtrocity View Post
    The movie analogy is closer though although it depends where you define a game as played.
    Last edited by Ravenblade; 2012-10-06 at 11:07 PM.
    WoW: Crowcloak (Druid) & Neesheya (Paladin) @ Sylvanas EU (/ˈkaZHo͞oəl/) | GW2: Siqqa (Asura Engineer) @ Piken Square EU
    If builders built houses the way programmers built programs,the first woodpecker to come along would destroy civilization. - Weinberg's 2nd law

He seeks them here, he seeks them there, he seeks those lupins everywhere!

Quote Originally Posted by Clawtrocity View Post

OP and others may have gotten to level 80, but if they ordered a 3 course meal and were given the appetizer(Leveling to 80) then told to leave, then in his eyes he didn't receive what he thought he ordered which was a full game with a nice meaty meal (Endgame) and a tasty desert to eat when he's done (Random Dungeons, Dailies, Pet Battles)

I bought the game because of the insane amount of hype everyone gave it about it being the next best thing, when I bought it I played for about 35 levels and completely lost interest in it and felt duped by the overwhelming amount of positive reviews it was getting.

Regardless, I think this kind of post is extremely helpful to those who are in the same situation as me and I think the people mocking Brandoh for merely handing out information need to stop.
    More like buying a burger at mc donalds and then expecting an entire meal because you saw everyone else in the restaurant sitting around with one.

Quote Originally Posted by Asmodias View Post
    I guess I don't understand why people are mad at the OP for asking for a refund. He took a chance and NCSoft decided to agree and grant it. If you want to be mad at someone, or in this case "something", be mad at NCSoft for granting it. Them granting it allows others to ask. If NCSoft, and other game companies, would just say no, then we wouldn't see this trend continue.
    I am not mad with the OP. I am disappointed that people like the OP behave this way.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gray_Matter View Post
    It takes 80+ hours to realize this? This is not the same as buying a shirt, getting home and finding it doesn't fit, it's more like wearing the shirt for a month and then taking it back because you don't like the color.
    Ok. My personal situation is that while leveling my character I went through mostly level appropriate zones and I tried to finish what I could but I saved things like 100% world completion and heavy WvWvW for when I was 80. So...I got to 80 and then went back to do world completion. At that point I found out JUST HOW MANY bugged skill points there were in every map, more so in the higher level maps than the lower ones.

I went to WvWvW and some of the bigger DEs and realized that sometimes heavily populated areas would cause a huge sound bug where my client would start putting out a siren like noise instead of normal game sound. The only way to stop it was to restart the client which wouldn't guarantee that it wouldn't do it again, and if I was in WvWvW would kick me out and possibly subject me to a long queue. I checked the GW2 bug forums and found there were many people having the same issue.

I am not asking for a refund and I plan to wait for them to fix these things and deal with them in the meantime, but it definitely took me 80+ hours to realize all these bugs were there. Who are you to say that the OP wasn't in a similar situation?

I didn't get bored with the game because it was bad, I got bored because I had better options. Still give me a lot of gameplay hours so I won't refund it.
    Quote Originally Posted by kbarh View Post
    may i suggest you check out wowwiki or any similar site, it's Grom that orders the murder of Cairne

Bang out of order,

enough said
    Desktop: Zotac 1080 TI, I7 7700k, 16gb Ram, 256gb SSD + 1TB HDD
    Laptop: Zotac 2070 MaxQ, I7 8750, 32gb RAM, 500gb SSD + 2TB SSD
    Main Game: Warcraft Classic

Haters gonna hate

So bad ActivisionBlizzard (vivendi) don't do the same. Imagine all the 50millions suscribers that they have lost during the last 8 years, and they are asking for a refund now.

I want a refund for diablo3, the game is lame boring! I only played to level 40 for a week... >_>...
    I'm going to ask for a refund, and post here the Blizzard response.
    Last edited by Trollhamaren; 2012-10-06 at 11:11 PM.
    OBEY THE PUG!

10+ Year Old Account
    Would you be within your rights to take it back after 2 years? OP spent a lot of time playing the game. It's not the same as taking a car back after 2 weeks or a shirt back the next day. It's more than a month after the game launched.
    I took the car back after a month - I still drove it for two weeks. OP was in his right - game is buggy, unfinished and MOST of these problems are only noticable later in the game - that pathetic excuse for an "epic" final instance for example.

EDIT: but... I'm happy enough levelling my other two characters to 60 for now while they fix the bugs. Gone from every night to once a week of play time on the game, so yeah... I'll be patient.
    Last edited by theWocky; 2012-10-06 at 11:13 PM.

Herald of the Titans theredviola's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    What is wrong with this generation...

"I rushed to level 80 and STILL didn't feel like I got $60 worth of content!"

Back in my day, if you bought a game, you played the damn thing. You didn't try and "refund it" after "making it to the end."
    "Do not only practice your art, but force yourself into its secrets, for it and knowledge can raise men to the divine." -- Ludwig Van Beethoven

Quote Originally Posted by Rivellana View Post
    I am not asking for a refund and I plan to wait for them to fix these things and deal with them in the meantime, but it definitely took me 80+ hours to realize all these bugs were there. Who are you to say that the OP wasn't in a similar situation?
    Because I will quote the OP "yea pretty much this, i just stopped longing in after i hit max level because i frankly... didn't see a point or couldn't find anything i found entertaining to do."

Didn't find it fun anymore so decided that he deserved a refund. Said nothing about bugs or anything like that.

10+ Year Old Account
    MOST of these problems are only noticable later in the game - that pathetic excuse for an "epic" final instance for example.
    Right?

"Die, Zhaitan!" ***Shoots sparkly laser firework of death repeatedly and watches giant dragon fall over dead*** (So exciting)

I took the car back after a month - I still drove it for two weeks. OP was in his right - game is buggy, unfinished and MOST of these problems are only noticable later in the game - that pathetic excuse for an "epic" final instance for example.
    So, if your car had a problem after 2 years and needed something fixed then you would demand a refund? Glad I am not selling you something. I will reiterate though, OP never complained about bugs or anything like that. He basically said he didn't feel like he had any reason to log in after hitting 80 so wanted a refund for that.

10+ Year Old Account
    u srsly belived that guild wars 2 was about the endgame?
    oh.............. GOD!

Quote Originally Posted by Draknalor186 View Post
    u srsly belived that guild wars 2 was about the endgame?
    oh.............. GOD!
    im sorry, most of these posts are constructive and have some thought put into them but... you know what i will bite, what exactly is the game about then?

10+ Year Old Account
    So, if your car had a problem after 2 years and needed something fixed then you would demand a refund? Glad I am not selling you something. I will reiterate though, OP never complained about bugs or anything like that. He basically said he didn't feel like he had any reason to log in after hitting 80 so wanted a refund for that.
    Kind of going off the usefulness of the analogy, but if the car had a manufacturers fault after 2 years, yes, of course I would make them take it back or at least sue them for diminished resale value.

Some people don't accept shoddy workmanship. I am one of them.

ArenaNet did the right thing - They may have lost a sale, but kept a customer.

I stopped playing WoW in Cata because Blizzard were not treating their customers fairly. The jury is still out if after this patch 5.1 if it is just a PR move to sucker people into a false sense of security or not. I will be watching it carefully.

Only when people show their disapproval by refusing to pay / demanding refunds for a poor experience/product that is unfinished do things improve. Take MoP for example. At first glance, it appears as if Blizzard got their finger out their butts and are working to keep their jobs. You think they would've done that if they had kept their 12 million subscribers? I think not.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm not seeing how 1.5 months after launch (when there are still PLENTY of problems with the game) is comparable to 2 years? And even in regular retail situations, most companies generally allow a 30 day return period...some even on used products if there is an issue with it.

Just because the OP didn't mention the bugs as one of the reasons for wanting a refund in his initial post doesn't mean it was or wasn't one of his reasons. It just means he didn't mention it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rivellana View Post
    Right?

"Die, Zhaitan!" ***Shoots sparkly laser firework of death repeatedly and watches giant dragon fall over dead*** (So exciting)
    You too? I was on vent with four buddies during that. You should of heard the QQ'ing, the bitching about it. To be honest, I don't believe it was bugged, but merely unfinished. Why for example, after you kill Zhaitan do the NPC's on the ship act as if nothing has happened and you still have to kill him - when you speak to them. Not one, but ALL the NPC's had the same pre-event dialogues? That's not a bug. That's a friggin' unpolished steaming turd of a "rushed" unfinished dungeon in my opinion.

That - and I can't keep track of how many goddam times I had to change servers to fix skill point bugs. Then, what did they do? Extend the damn transfer to 24 hours. In one night, I transferred to fix a skill point bug on my warrior in Plains Ashford, then logged onto my Elementalist afterwards and the damn Claw of Jormag was hidden in the friggin ground.
    Last edited by theWocky; 2012-10-06 at 11:29 PM.