Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ...
    OP, I'm not so sure I'd brag about this if I were you. It makes you sound cheap that you requested a refund for a game you've had since launch and only stopped playing a couple weeks ago. You obviously got the $60 worth by leveling to 80 so rather deceitful to ask for a refund at this point I think.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tabbycat View Post
    OP, I'm not so sure I'd brag about this if I were you. It makes you sound cheap that you requested a refund for a game you've had since launch and only stopped playing a couple weeks ago. You obviously got the $60 worth by leveling to 80 so rather deceitful to ask for a refund at this point I think.
    Dont talk sense or show morality on the internet what are you thinking
    If everything I do is wrong then by god ill do it right

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Brandoh View Post
    posted a ticket to see if i could maybe get a refund.
    i played to level 80 and had pre purchased
    though i stopped playing a couple weeks ago so I decided to try anyway.

Hello Andrew,

Thank you for providing that information.

We have processed a refund for order number ********. A $59.99 credit has been applied to your card. This may not appear until your next billing statement.

All serial codes associated with the transaction(s) that have been refunded are now disabled.

Please let us know if you have any further questions.

Thank you,
    Brad
    NCsoft Account Support

so just incase you were disappointed and thought you were out the 60$ i would suggest trying to get a refund from them, cause i got one within 24 hours.

Pretty cool of them tbh,
    You don't deserve a refund.
    I may pay my subscription every month, but I don't lose sight of the fact that the other 4/9/24/39 people I'm grouped with pay too.

Excellent service, ArenaNet. Both Blizzard and Bioware could learn something from them - I was unable to get a refund both for Diablo III and SWOTR, both bland games which I found to be extremely disappointing. And no, I didn't wait a month to ask for a refund, it was after about 10 hours of gameplay.

Thanks Brandoh!! Me and a coupel friends followed your advice and got ourselves a refund on this pathetic excuse for a game (only our personal view, plz dont attack me 4 it). Gonna play World of Warcraft's MoP instead, MUCH better game imo.

U guys that like GW, good for you. Its good to play something u like. It has nice graphix also and necromancer is fun!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mafao View Post
    Excellent service, ArenaNet. Both Blizzard and Bioware could learn something from them - I was unable to get a refund both for Diablo III and SWOTR, both bland games which I found to be extremely disappointing. And no, I didn't wait a month to ask for a refund, it was after about 10 hours of gameplay.
    Quote Originally Posted by XyroN View Post
    Thanks Brandoh!! Me and a coupel friends followed your advice and got ourselves a refund on this pathetic excuse for a game (only our personal view, plz dont attack me 4 it). Gonna play World of Warcraft's MoP instead, MUCH better game imo.

U guys that like GW, good for you. Its good to play something u like. It has nice graphix also and necromancer is fun!
    You two are assholes as well. You made a shitty purchasing decision, that is (and should remain) your own damn problem.
    I may pay my subscription every month, but I don't lose sight of the fact that the other 4/9/24/39 people I'm grouped with pay too.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Brandoh View Post
    if the box stated ALL END GAME IS POORLY UNPOLISHED AND A REWARDLESS GRINDFEST, i might not have bought it.
    I'd have tried the internet before that which outlined game better heck even their own web page does.

There are 'endgame' concerns but that's relative really because remove the hearts and add dungeons and you know how their endgame looks like.

That said most new MMOs struggle with content keeping progression-happy players with long playing schedules busy. I've had people saying the original GW1 was like that as well. If anything the progression in a GW game will never be a gear treadmill but more of a prestige thing even when they are going on that subject.

Quote Originally Posted by XyroN View Post

Funny when I log on to WoW I am often missing things I am used to in GW2. Can't be as pathetic then.
    WoW: Crowcloak (Druid) & Neesheya (Paladin) @ Sylvanas EU (/ˈkaZHo͞oəl/) | GW2: Siqqa (Asura Engineer) @ Piken Square EU
    If builders built houses the way programmers built programs,the first woodpecker to come along would destroy civilization. - Weinberg's 2nd law

He seeks them here, he seeks them there, he seeks those lupins everywhere!

10+ Year Old Account
    So many mad people in here lol. All He was just saying that the it was cool of them to give him his money back. which in all honesty, it is.
    "BC was a hot chick that took alot of work but was rewarding in the end, Cata is the drunk chick that supplied similar results with less effort." -couldnt have said it better.

Quote Originally Posted by TEHPALLYTANK View Post
    Give up trying to understand her, women tend to handle problems with emotion rather than logic.

Quote Originally Posted by Snuffleupagus View Post
    You two are assholes as well. You made a shitty purchasing decision, that is (and should remain) your own damn problem.
    Nonsense. If I pay a full 60 euro for a game I expect it to have a full length, not only 10 hours of content which you are forced to repeat (Diablo 3). As far as I am concerned this is a valid reason to request a refund. This is not the problem with my purchasing decision, this is the problem of product quality/content which is not verifiable at the moment of purchase.

For me, I learned my lesson and I will refrain from purchasing good from companies which offer subpar consumer service. Fortunately, there are great companies out there which care for your satisfaction as a consumer (for me, prime examples are ANet, Apple and Honda) and not just stop at taking your money and then ignoring you.
    Last edited by mafao; 2012-10-07 at 06:55 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by roflmfao View Post
    This mentality amazes me. My wife works as a returns person in a major company and deals with this all the time. People buy things and use them and return them when they are done with them and the business is just out the money. Sorry OP, but I think what you did was wrong. You bought something, used it, and when you were done with it you took it back and expected your money back. Blizzard kindly returned your money, then you come on here and make a post that is basically bragging and encouraging others to follow your deciteful practices. You should be ashamed of yourself!!!
    ... It is amazing what people think it is normal ... From my POV that is stealing .

People sure are bothered by this lol. I think all this shows is Anet's surprisingly fantastic attitude. Having played almost all of NCsoft's titles for years, I never expected Anet to step out of the box in sucha way.

Quote Originally Posted by Doozerjun View Post
    Hmm, I tried this with MoP, no refund

I wonder if I can do that at a restaurant. Eat a whole meal and then ask for a refund.

See now I can understand asking for a refund after a bite, or in the case of a game, after playing a few levels. But after level 80? Sounds like you really took advantage of the company.
    Pretty much. I am extremely surprised and admire NCsoft for that.

Quote Originally Posted by roflmfao View Post
    This mentality amazes me. My wife works as a returns person in a major company and deals with this all the time. People buy things and use them and return them when they are done with them and the business is just out the money. Sorry OP, but I think what you did was wrong. You bought something, used it, and when you were done with it you took it back and expected your money back. Blizzard kindly returned your money, then you come on here and make a post that is basically bragging and encouraging others to follow your deciteful practices. You should be ashamed of yourself!!!
    You do see a difference between "use and return when you are done" and "being dissatisfied with the product", don't you? The funny thing is that companies who actually offer refund know that they can afford it, because they make good products which customers love. And anyway, what has Blizzard to do with anything here? The thread is about Guild Wars 2.

Not sure if I should have allowed this thread to go on as long as it has, but at this point it's definitely not going anywhere useful.