Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Well, check in your config.wtf file for the following:

SET gxRefresh "3000/1000"

If such a line exists, change it to:

SET gxRefresh "60/1"

Also, running the game in a fullscreen window can cause fps drops, double check that the following is set:

SET gxWindow "0"

3rd, it appears from your picture that your desktop (or at least the taskbar) is visible over the top of WoW, if so, the graphics card/CPU may be treating WoW as a background app and not giving it a full work load.

Quote Originally Posted by Holo View Post
    Naturally. That should not be a surprise

Big cities are going to cause problems in WoW. Simply because of the vast amount of characters that have to be processed/drawn and optionally shadows that have to be drawn.

New big open world zones viewed from the sky also tend to take quite a bit of your juice. Because all of that detail has to be processed.
    Small zones like Battlegrounds and just outdoor levelling on the ground shouldn't really get much of an impact on your stuff though.
    No I meant that it's weird his sits at a solid 30 (and right now cities aren't bad cause they are empty, I was getting 95fps in storm wind but the jade forest knocks me right back down to between 50 and 70 and I'm only lvl 86 so no flying either..)

But just chilling at 30 seems weird

Quote Originally Posted by Tonyctattoo View Post
    No I meant that it's weird his sits at a solid 30 (and right now cities aren't bad cause they are empty, I was getting 95fps in storm wind but the jade forest knocks me right back down to between 50 and 70 and I'm only lvl 86 so no flying either..)

But just chilling at 30 seems weird
    It's always something in a zone with a lot of trees. Grizzly Hills was a major problem area in WotLK and Twilight Highlands was the one in Cata (I'm really surprised Vashj'ir wasn't the one but I guess they actually took care there due to it being an entirely new concept).

Yeah, I can float around 90-110 in the rest of the zones and slam down to 60 and below in the Jade Forest. Then again, I've had problems like yours as well as the fact that the in-game multisampling has been "broken" since 5.0.4 launched.

Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I've read in the past that overclocking actually causes performance issues for WoW. Not sure if that's still the case.
    Or just having a higher end Nvidia card. People get Error 132 spams with those (including myself).

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rukentuts View Post
    Or just having a higher end Nvidia card. People get Error 132 spams with those (including myself).
    Idk, have a GTX 670 FTW edition from EVGA running on the latest driver and i have never crashed so far.