Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by AstroleonShadowflower View Post

Whatever.
    Go play a disc priest at 90 (and this goes to everyone saying "stop QQing"), go do a raid, or a dungeon, or a challenge mode in full 463 with a few crafted epics, with everything geared towards spirit, and tell me that it feels fun. Tell me that your regen is fine. Tell me that your throughput is fine. Tell me that your mechanics arn't clunky. I am no good at maths and such, so I am really not good at presenting that information (and I don't have to, since as I said, plenty of people have done so), so all I can do is say what I, and pretty much every other disc/holy priest is thinking right now.
    I'm frustrated.
    You do realise this is not really helping your case when the dude is trying to be friendly and help you.
    And yes your whole posting here screems "Frustrated" all over the place. perhaps you need to cool down a bit and actually let people try to help you insted of rampaging in a post.

Quote Originally Posted by ThrashMetalFtw View Post
    The pre-WotLK Mind Flay animation. 2nd biggest reason for rolling a Priest, biggest obviously being Shadowform. Anyone who uses Glyph of Shadow should reroll Hunter, filthy blasphemers.

I've found just because people post "lol you're whining" they seem to think it gives them some sort of high ground, especially when they make baseless claims on how I play because of my signature.

Honestly, mate, if your disc if matching your druid, your druid is actually fucking aweful, and it would be great if you could supply a parse.

What I've gathered from your post: you know nothing about priests, you don't play a priest, and you're probably just trolling. Have a good day.

But, since I might lose credibility in the eyes of you sorts of people, no, I don't want to be OP like Palas, I would like to be competitive, and no, I am not spamming PW:S, I actually can only afford to use it when I pop my trinket or get a Darkglow proc.

I actually hate people like you. It's really, really hard not to be aggressive when people who play decent classes just say "lol your fine blizz will fix give them data LOL ur such whiner stop spa,ming shield".
    Regardless of how you try and make out that other posts are just trolling you, you have not posted any evidence or information to actually back up or validate your claimed problems, just complaining about it achieves nothing and like it or lump it blizzard only act on data they receive and any company or individual can do. No one can make a judgement worth anything on someone just saying "omg this class sucks atm" as its not constructive and provides no actual statistics or basis for fact outside your own opinion ... which is just that your own opinion.

And linking world of logs is relatively meaningless for how the class is performing, yes druids and pally maybe overpowered but does that mean the other healers are performing normally? or are the druids and pallys performing normally and the others underperforming? .... it answers none of these issues.
    Science has made us gods even before we are worthy of being men: Jean Rostand. Yeah, Atheism is a religion like bald is a hair colour!.
    Classic: "The tank is the driver, the healer is the fuel, and the DPS are the kids sitting in the back seat screaming and asking if they're there yet."
    Irony >> "do they even realize that having a state religion IS THE REASON WE LEFT BRITTEN? god these people are idiots"

Deleted
    Disc sucks, holy is awesome.
    Go holy.
    Our holy was sporting ~40k HPS on our best Elegon attempt (9 minutes) the other day in 455 ilvl gear, when we were using 3 healers (switched to 2 now).

Quote Originally Posted by turskanaattori View Post
    Disc sucks, holy is awesome.
    Go holy.
    Our holy was sporting ~40k HPS on our best Elegon attempt (9 minutes) the other day in 455 ilvl gear, when we were using 3 healers (switched to 2 now).
    Sure 40khps... not bad..... Too bad every other healer can push 50 to 70k hps on that fight.......juts not a priest.

So this is my experience as disc.

Started heroics with full spirit gear and was struggling for mana. Hell I have to drink half the time. Now I thought this was just all healers having trouble with there mana.

Leveled my shaman and had about 3k spirit when i started to heal heroics. Zero mana issues, healing was a lot better and easier, never had the need to drink unless the tank pulled 3 packs.

So my shaman has more mana regen than my priest and more bloody healing than my priest.

Spirit shell is completely bloody useless and does not do more healing than say tranq or divine hymn.

Thinking of switching my main to my shaman from now on due to these issues. Was first healer to go oom and I have stacked spirit/gemmed/enchanted spirit every single place I can as disc. Currently got 9k spirit raid buffed. L2p issues on my side?

I have to say i was always disc and now its not even funny how bad disc is in PVE and PVP, shadow is junk as well. the only decent thing about a priest now is Holy is Viable for PVE. Out of the 3 healers we had Me as holy, resto shaman,resto druid, i was blowing there heals away. and it was rather fun as holy!... But i cant PVP anymore cause priests don't have a viable spec for PVP. I did arena with a frost mage against Dk/warriors all night and the warrior was hitting me for 80K a pop, i died instantly and i was in all PVP gear, a mixture of crafted and honor gear. It just loks like i got to level something else for PVP and it SUCKS

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by steveyboy View Post

Started heroics with full spirit gear and was struggling for mana. Hell I have to drink half the time. Now I thought this was just all healers having trouble with there mana.

Leveled my shaman and had about 3k spirit when i started to heal heroics. Zero mana issues, healing was a lot better and easier, never had the need to drink unless the tank pulled 3 packs.

So my shaman has more mana regen than my priest and more bloody healing than my priest.

Spirit shell is completely bloody useless and does not do more healing than say tranq or divine hymn.

Thinking of switching my main to my shaman from now on due to these issues. Was first healer to go oom and I have stacked spirit/gemmed/enchanted spirit every single place I can as disc. Currently got 9k spirit raid buffed. L2p issues on my side?
    Lol bro, L2P, you need parses if you want fixing, stop QQ

/endsarcasm

Quote Originally Posted by steveyboy View Post

SSh is really nice when you know you have a large hit incoming.

Sha of doubt 2nd phase > SSh > Prayer of Healing spam, no one takes damage the entire phase.

The main problem I've found with it is that it ends up basically just delaying heals you're going to have to cast anyway during extended fights.
    If you SSh, and shell someone who is at say 50%, you still have to heal them up afterwards, because either A) The shell will be broken and they'll drop below 50%, or B) The shell will time out and they'll still be sitting at 50% and start taking more damage.

It'd be nice if it at least converted any absorb left over into a heal for that amount if it expires without being broken.

It isn't super useful in the middle of fights, because if there's a lot of damage going around, you have no time to build it up before a hit you know is coming. I only end up using it when there's a light damage phase right before a heavy damage one.

Quote Originally Posted by Soratrox View Post
    SSh is really nice when you know you have a large hit incoming.

Sha of doubt 2nd phase > SSh > Prayer of Healing spam, no one takes damage the entire phase.

The main problem I've found with it is that it ends up basically just delaying heals you're going to have to cast anyway during extended fights.
    If you SSh, and shell someone who is at say 50%, you still have to heal them up afterwards, because either A) The shell will be broken and they'll drop below 50%, or B) The shell will time out and they'll still be sitting at 50% and start taking more damage.

It'd be nice if it at least converted any absorb left over into a heal for that amount if it expires without being broken.

It isn't super useful in the middle of fights, because if there's a lot of damage going around, you have no time to build it up before a hit you know is coming. I only end up using it when there's a light damage phase right before a heavy damage one.
    To sum it up, it's basically useless till you know all the fights inside and out.

Disc needs a throughput buff IMO.

Deleted
    Problem with disc is not how good they can absorb. They do this great and SS is awesome. The problem is disc is shit to get people back up. They need at least a little throughput. And it's worst on 10 man because you want to 2-heal some fights.

Only thing disc is good at now is farming heroics. Disc is great to speed things up.

Quote Originally Posted by Rodin View Post
    Actually, I do play a priest. Did Tier 11 content with it, back in the beginning of Cata when it was "fucking awful" and still did good. My raid group needed a Battle Rez when our resto druid at the time quit. I PVP with Disc now mostly. My Resto druid is actually doing quite well, believe it or not. So is our Disc Priest. I won't supply a parse until you do so. I'm not trolling, I'm trying to be helpful. Priests are competitive. I want to see gear, or a parse before I believe they're complete shit. Yes, she had problems in heroics when she was in quest greens. She had to stop and drink every other fight, much like every other healer who wasn't geared. Now she can go through an entire heroic without drinking. Much like my resto druid.

If you're having problems, most likely not being able to use a bubble without popping a trinket or getting a proc, then you're either not geared, gemmed, or reforged correctly. Spirit is king for right now. We're nowhere near the "cap" for spirit at this point. Try adjusting your gear and playstyle a little bit before you start going on forums complaining. You're making it sound like priest is completely unplayable. Talking about other Resto classes as "decent" compared to your Priest. I don't see that as the case.
    "I played a priest in t11"... Oh really dude, and that makes you think our complaints are invalid? Gtfo man. Who cares if your disc priest friend is doing ok in heroic 5 mans.. we are not talking about heroic 5 mans, but about competitive raiding. Jesus, if you have nothing to add just stay out of the discussion instead of polluting it with your meaningless crap.

And, captain obvious, thanks for mentioning that "spirit is king right now", i'm sure we didn't get that yet.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Acidz View Post
    "I played a priest in t11"... Oh really dude, and that makes you think our complaints are invalid? Gtfo man. Who cares if your disc priest friend is doing ok in heroic 5 mans.. we are not talking about heroic 5 mans, but about competitive raiding. Jesus, if you have nothing to add just stay out of the discussion instead of polluting it with your meaningless crap.

And, captain obvious, thanks for mentioning that "spirit is king right now", i'm sure we didn't get that yet.
    Someone with sense.
    Thank you, not for agreeing with me, but for having a brain.

Quote Originally Posted by Shakari View Post
    Regardless of how you try and make out that other posts are just trolling you, you have not posted any evidence or information to actually back up or validate your claimed problems, just complaining about it achieves nothing and like it or lump it blizzard only act on data they receive and any company or individual can do. No one can make a judgement worth anything on someone just saying "omg this class sucks atm" as its not constructive and provides no actual statistics or basis for fact outside your own opinion ... which is just that your own opinion.

And linking world of logs is relatively meaningless for how the class is performing, yes druids and pally maybe overpowered but does that mean the other healers are performing normally? or are the druids and pallys performing normally and the others underperforming? .... it answers none of these issues.

Bullshit, he did post information backing up his claimed problems. He spoke about his experience playing a priest and why it makes him think disc priests are crap right now. It is actually YOU who dont provide anything whatsoever to invalidate his claims. So nice try there. Where's your hard data, or whatever, showing disc priests are doing well in a competitive environment compared to other classes? Yeah, that's right, you don't have any. So next time think twice before trying to be the smartass.

And even more laughable: when he provides logs you discard them as meaningless. So what is meaningfull evidence to you then, knowing you haven't provided anything at all??

Quote Originally Posted by Acidz View Post
    And even more laughable: when he provides logs you discard them as meaningless. So what is meaningfull evidence to you then, knowing you haven't provided anything at all??
    Protip: Blindly posting the "front" page to healing for Vaults on WoL isn't really credible hard evidence to how much help Disco Priests need; if anything, it just proves how overpowered Mistwalker Monks are.

Good evidence would be http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/to...4030736?page=1 That post gives hard numbers to prove Discipline's lack of output and efficiency (and possibly suggesting that Holy Paladin Mastery should be toned down).

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by notdryad View Post
    Protip: Blindly posting the "front" page to healing for Vaults on WoL isn't really credible hard evidence to how much help Disco Priests need; if anything, it just proves how overpowered Mistwalker Monks are.

Good evidence would be http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/to...4030736?page=1 That post gives hard numbers to prove Discipline's lack of output and efficiency (and possibly suggesting that Holy Paladin Mastery should be toned down).
    Mate, if you read my first post, I directly mention this post by Kaels.
    But I've found people like you tend to just ignore what I say, and comment on why you think I'm whining.

Mate, if you read my first post, I directly mention this post by Kaels.
    But I've found people like you tend to just ignore what I say, and comment on why you think I'm whining.
    Maybe you should take a step back and calm down. Yes, Disc Priests are in a terrible state and need lots of help. Your impotent rage isn't helping nor does being hostile to anyone here help.

Pro tip: hard "credible" evidence or not, it's still a valid indication of things being wrong. Either monks being ahead of priests, or priests being behind monks. That's for Blizzard to figure out. The claim that priests are not in the right spot (relatively) still stands.

---------- Post added 2012-10-07 at 10:58 AM ----------

Maybe you should take a step back and calm down. Yes, Disc Priests are in a terrible state and need lots of help. Your impotent rage isn't helping nor does being hostile to anyone here help.
    Who cares if it doesn't help (assuming you are correct)? Since when are we not allowed to voice our discontent? Being silent about it doesn't help either.

Had some very sad times healing 10m Will of the Emperor today. I decided to go Disc this fight for ideally stronger tank healing since the tank damage is so heavy and spiky. My numbers were in the mid to low 20k HPS range. I was incredibly depressing, feeling like I'm doing all I could yet doing less healing than I was in DS gear at level 85 (currently in 470 gear).

Logs

HPS and regen feel so horrible. I don't have a proposal of how to fix Disc Priests, but I really hope some fix is made soon. A little sad to know that doing 22k HPS has me ranked at #16 for Disc Priests on Will10, clearly showing a lack in Disc Priests and horrid healing numbers.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    I wouldn't really expect any fixes until few weeks of heroic raiding. Right now, it's still "but it's only first week of normal, wait for heroic modes". (any logs from beta are, of course, ignored and completely forgotten) Then it will be "that's only top guilds, wait for other parses". Then it will be "only top guilds can really bench priests, it's not that bad, you still have PW:B".

And then, finally, Blizzard buffs Druids to get Barrier from Symbiosis

15+ Year Old Account
    I am so tired of having to wait until AFTER progress is actually happening to be "in the zone", or wait for gears to scale etc. Being Holy for 6+years has been hard the last expansions, being in serious 25 man guilds. I am lucky to be in an awsome guild who will take me to all the raids anyway, but I know many will hit the bench once again.

Isn't it obvious already that Priest of both Holy and Disc specc is lacking in effeciancy and output? I think we can all agree on that. Many feels also there is design flaws, including me. I won't write all my oppinions here, it would take an hour, and I already wrote many times about just that.

I believe even if Holy is slightly ahead Disc in output that is OK. All we have is our raw output really, no hidden goodies, and we all saw what happened to Priest healers when Disc & Holy did the sameish amount of healing in progression FL.