Page 22 of 88 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    I'm sorry if this isn't an advice thread, but after soloing a chunk of BC stuff, and obviously for the mount, I was curious about Kael in TK. I'll pre-state here that I am a decidedly average skilled player, so it may just be a L2P issue.

This is as a Windwalker.

It all goes swimmingly until he resurrects his 4 adds after you kill the weapons. I equip a weapon and activate the anti CC thing (Is that right ? I assumed everyone takes the staff regardless of spec/class), but then the issue is my damage is so low, I barely kill the 4 adds (I'm having to blow ToK and FB) and then I am never able to get my health back up to a safe level once they finally die. My iLevel is only 447 as i'm only just 90, but I figure if people were soloing it at 85, it can't be a gear thing.

Basically are there any tricks to making it easier to kill the 4 adds at the same time or do I just need practice ?

Thanks.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by TheWindWalker View Post
    Tried her yesterday. Well, no I didn't. I tried reaching her but I learned the hard way there's no avoiding/soloing her manditory pre-apperance adds. At least as Windwalker.
    Shameless self promotion. My vid of soloing her, trash included. glhf.
    http://youtu.be/tY2wxU2ZqM4

Quote Originally Posted by Shepp View Post
    I'm sorry if this isn't an advice thread, but after soloing a chunk of BC stuff, and obviously for the mount, I was curious about Kael in TK. I'll pre-state here that I am a decidedly average skilled player, so it may just be a L2P issue.

This is as a Windwalker.

It all goes swimmingly until he resurrects his 4 adds after you kill the weapons. I equip a weapon and activate the anti CC thing (Is that right ? I assumed everyone takes the staff regardless of spec/class), but then the issue is my damage is so low, I barely kill the 4 adds (I'm having to blow ToK and FB) and then I am never able to get my health back up to a safe level once they finally die. My iLevel is only 447 as i'm only just 90, but I figure if people were soloing it at 85, it can't be a gear thing.

Basically are there any tricks to making it easier to kill the 4 adds at the same time or do I just need practice ?

Thanks.

If you are having problems when he spawns the 4 advisors id recommend doing like this: more shameless self promotion.
    http://youtu.be/YIfecC4nd0s
    Last edited by mmoc1ff84cf90f; 2012-12-22 at 01:39 AM.

This is as a Windwalker.

Thanks.

Pool your Chi and pop one of them as soon as it rezzes.. thats the way i do it as WW, you should have more HP than them, if not, use Fortifying Brew first, then pop your ToD on the add. I'd suggest Capernian, since she is prbably the most annoying, granted, the Stun is pretty bad too, but its something you can deal with using your heals.

If you're still uncomfortable, maybe you could use a Brewmaster spec, giving you more HP and Guard to also lower the damage you take killing the bosses

Deleted
    Is it possible to zerg down Sarth 3D as WW?

if you mean 10m then yes, 25m is also possible, but need a lot of gear/dps, as even in 500 ilvl gear i couldn't do it.

Quote Originally Posted by Miuh View Post
    if you mean 10m then yes, 25m is also possible, but need a lot of gear/dps, as even in 500 ilvl gear i couldn't do it.
    You need to do around 200k DPS, so you essentially need 2 people.
    ---

Anyone on Rank 8 of Brawlers guild and killed anything yet? - I managed to kill Zen'shar (the floating eye), but the rest are a little out of my reach DPS wise, and that's with 499 ilevel. (Though I don't have tier bonuses, and have a tank meta gem).

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...55:15202:a7946
    Last edited by Yohassakura; 2012-12-23 at 03:32 AM.
    Computer: Intel I7-3770k @ 4.5GHz | 16GB 1600MHz DDR3 RAM | AMD 7970 GHz @ 1200/1600 | ASUS Z77-V PRO Mobo|

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Yohassakura View Post
    You need to do around 200k DPS, so you essentially need 2 people.
    ---

Anyone on Rank 8 of Brawlers guild and killed anything yet? - I managed to kill Zen'shar (the floating eye), but the rest are a little out of my reach DPS wise, and that's with 499 ilevel.

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...55:15202:a7946
    3/4 with 496 ilevel (Zen'shar died with like 490) so just got Disruptron left but well I assume you know what that fight is like.

Also killed Alysrazor last week which was easier than expected, didn't have any luck killing the first 2 hatchlings so I ended up just ignoring them and popping cds in the tornado phase, she died pretty soon after landing.
    Last edited by mmocee72ac48eb; 2012-12-23 at 03:01 AM.

Sarth 3D 25 down solo.
    http://i48.tinypic.com/2agsw3m.jpg

Sarth moves slightly faster than Tenebron (which is the issue in terms of hitting the enrage due to auto swinging for 270k) so I had to kite the entire time, I believe I only managed to get hit 1-2 times by the drake.
    Last edited by Solarshot; 2012-12-23 at 07:31 AM.

Haha I just used the same strat this morning, and it also works ! thanks for the idea !

[384] Brewmaster. Barely know the spec at all. Wiped at least twice and managed to solo Omnitron Defense System. Apparently one has to "dodge" and "parry" and also "self-heal." Maybe I can handle Zul'Gurub trash now. (Also, when did Nafarion get that sense of humor?)

EDIT:

I farm him every week as Windwalker. My ilvl is much higher than yours but our pre-pull damage isn't really an issue. You didn't mention the one horrible thing about fighting that boss: The Advisers chain-CC you. I never use his legendary weapons. The only thing you really need to do is run from the "stage" back to the other end of the room so that the advisers don't surround you on pull then summon Xuen at one of them. As long as you can focus down the Mage or the Paladin it's pretty simple. After that Expel Harm, Healing Sphere, and Tier 2 your way to full and just burn Kael'thas the moment you can.

Seriously, it sounds like equipping the weapon was the big issue here.

(8:30pm EST) EDIT 2: I've been trying to solo Alysrazor for maybe two hours now and the same thing kills me regardless of being Brewmaster or Windwalker. During her Tornado/Harsh Winds phase my wings always come off and the adds eat me so fast I can't make it back in the air before dying. Is there some mechanic I'm missing here?
    Last edited by TheWindWalker; 2012-12-24 at 01:30 AM.
    Soothing Mist:"Healing them for a minor amount every 0.5 sec, until you take any other action."
    Jade Serpent Statue: "The statue will also begin casting Soothing Mist on your target. healing for 50% as much as yours. "
    [What's half of minor?]
    "Statue casts Soothing Mist at a nearby ally for toddler healing."

Wings always come off during tornado phase, so you have to survive untill she gets up again (or kill her before she does that).

So, I'm trying to put together some transmog based on feathers. Turns out Cataclysm had some awesome "thunderbird" themed sets so I wanted to farm whatever I could to get them.

Basically what I need to ask is, could I solo any of Bastion of Twilight or do I need to cut my losses early (at least during this tier) and try and convince a healer or shadow priest to come with me?
    Soothing Mist:"Healing them for a minor amount every 0.5 sec, until you take any other action."
    Jade Serpent Statue: "The statue will also begin casting Soothing Mist on your target. healing for 50% as much as yours. "
    [What's half of minor?]

Deleted
    We can actually solo a good portion of the bosses that drop the set gladly. The trash in BWD as well as the ODS can drop the offset shoulders, and a nice alternative from the rogue offset. Magmaw drops the robe, though he can be difficult without at least a DPS in the group to help. Atramedes who is again very easy drops the helmet. If you want to get to Atramedes easily use a swiftness potion/tiger's lust and noggenfogger/other slowfall gimmick and jump off the lift at it's max height. You'll zip straight over all the bollocks trash and right into his room, if you need to meet the enrage you can actually keep one of the adds on you for a 100% damage buff, however you'll need to read over the DK solo thread's last few pages as I can't remember the order. The belt can be obtained through leatherworking and the boots can be obtained through justice points. The council in BoT is definitely doable as well for the gloves, however I'd bring a DPS to be safe.
    Last edited by mmocf10b8a8948; 2012-12-25 at 08:40 PM.

Deleted
    (8:30pm EST) EDIT 2: I've been trying to solo Alysrazor for maybe two hours now and the same thing kills me regardless of being Brewmaster or Windwalker. During her Tornado/Harsh Winds phase my wings always come off and the adds eat me so fast I can't make it back in the air before dying. Is there some mechanic I'm missing here?
    Are... are you landing inside her room?

Quote Originally Posted by Drarion View Post
    Are... are you landing inside her room?
    Yep. Land on the ground just below where I normally fly in circles and then get devoured by her chicks faster than I can pop a health potion.
    [What's half of minor?]

Deleted
    Yep. Land on the ground just below where I normally fly in circles and then get devoured by her chicks faster than I can pop a health potion.
    There is your problem, you are supposed to fly away to the hill path leading up to Rhyolith, if you dont know what i mean you can check the video i linked a few posts up. Once thats sorted it should be no problem.

So for someone who wants to get into solo'ng at max how is it done? Are most things done as WW from what I'm reading? My biggest interest would be ULD10, BT really. From what I've read it all seems fairly straight forward to do WW in dps gear but is there anything special? I really like the rogue t8 gear from there and glaives. Those would be my biggest goals.
    Regen#1804 need NA overwatch friends.

Hello, this may come as a very dumb question but what is the rotation or strategy you use for soloing? I have been trying to figure one on my own but nothing seems to work

Anyone have any tips on soloing the BWD trash? I can generally solo them 1 on 1, but taking two of them on at a time seems to overwhelm me. 474 ilvl.

glyph of breathe fire for bot trash doesn't work?