Page 2 of 88 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by lanerios View Post
    Amusing how people say they "solo" BT when the first boss makes that quite impossible to do, as far as I am aware at least.
    1. Aggro the boss without hiting him
    2. Pop Xuen
    3. You will be speared
    4. Wait for Xuen to fade
    5. Spam clic on the spear
    6. Enjoy.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nitrodroki View Post
    1. Aggro the boss without hiting him
    2. Pop Xuen
    3. You will be speared
    4. Wait for Xuen to fade
    5. Spam clic on the spear
    6. Enjoy.
    Not really needed seeing how its easy to nuke him down before he does it.

After about 20 pulls I have a strat that will work for solo RoS. Must be in brewmaster spec for this as you need to be able to place down the ox statue.

1. Kill phase 1 of RoS
    2. Place down the ox statue while waiting for phase two to start.
    3. As soon as RoS comes out in phase two target the statue and use your taunt.
    a. Make sure the boss is in melee range of the totem when you do this.
    4. Every time your interrupt is off cool down, use it.
    5. The first thing you must do after you interrupt the boss is place a new statue down, target the statue, and taunt again.
    a. This part will happen every other interrupt as you can interrupt every 15 seconds and the statue is on a 30 second cool down.
    6. On the interrupt that you are not putting down a new statue, dps the boss.
    7. Make sure you heal yourself during the fight.
    8. Wash and repeat till phase two is over.
    9. kill phase 3 and win.

A few notes. The reason this will work is because of stun mechanics. When a mobs agro target is stunned, it will go to its next highest agro. So, after stunning you, it will ago your statue. (the part where you target the statue and taunt is how you get the statue on the ago list) Here is the good part, the statue can not be stunned. So the boss will just sit on the statue untill you are no longer stunned. Reason you want to replace the statue, it has 200k hp so it will not live for the whole fight and if you lose it its game over. Reason I say to keep the statue in melee range of the boss is most of the time if it isnt the boss will ignore it and keep you stunned untill you die. (Im guessing this is because all the agro the statue has is a immune taunts worth) but as i said, if the boss can melee the statue it will over you, as long as it does not have to move. Last tip I can give is be careful when you use your death touch. A 400k hit on the boss will hit you for 200k. You dont want to die witth he boss as you still have a phase three to do.

Well thats about as good as I can explain it. Ill make a video of it come tuesday after reset. Any questions just post and ill do my best to answer them.

Happy hunting.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by gashdangit View Post

A few notes. The reason this will work is because of stun mechanics. When a mobs agro target is stunned, it will go to its next highest agro. So, after stunning you, it will ago your statue. (the part where you target the statue and taunt is how you get the statue on the ago list) Here is the good part, the statue can not be stunned. So the boss will just sit on the statue untill you are no longer stunned. Reason you want to replace the statue, it has 200k hp so it will not live for the whole fight and if you lose it its game over. Reason I say to keep the statue in melee range of the boss is most of the time if it isnt the boss will ignore it and keep you stunned untill you die. (Im guessing this is because all the agro the statue has is a immune taunts worth) but as i said, if the boss can melee the statue it will over you, as long as it does not have to move. Last tip I can give is be careful when you use your death touch. A 400k hit on the boss will hit you for 200k. You dont want to die witth he boss as you still have a phase three to do.

Well thats about as good as I can explain it. Ill make a video of it come tuesday after reset. Any questions just post and ill do my best to answer them.

Happy hunting.
    This seems nice, i will try this.

How will this work if you blend in a Xuen and or other targets?

With Xuen out the boss will stun you, then the pet, then go to the statue. But it is more dps while it isnt stunned.

I've solo'd most of the heroics, though a handful of pulls can be tricky - and a couple bosses are impossible, overall it feels comparable to DK soloing.

Solo'd marrowgar 10..but that was easy so I went to cataclysm land.

First up WORM!... Doable, but needs better gear. With a few epics this guy is totally killable, got help. Pushing out 31k hps I was slowly widdling down when he ate me, but I took a huge chunk of his hp before falling.
    Next up Omnotron, had a 5% wipe , and a 10% wipe - got him though. Save Cooldowns for Fire+Poison. It hurts, a lot.
    Chimaeron is unkillable due to healing reduction. =( -20% per hit.
    Maloriak is easy to survive, kill adds as they come - die to enrage timer because heal is OP.
    Atramedes - Pretty easy fight for an engineer. Only used 2 gongs, was a 28 minute fight. Don't gong his AoE, it doesn't add sound and isn't really a problem. Make sure to take Celerity and rocket boots. Momentum might work too.

Bot's trash isn't possible for me to solo, healers heal too fast and interrupt is too long of a cd =(.

P.S.: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...r/Ayamu/simple

Reposting from the other thread~

All BC things are soloable, except KAlecgos, at this point I believe.

Deleted
    Amusing how people say they "solo" BT when the first boss makes that quite impossible to do, as far as I am aware at least.
    60k dps is enough to burn it down before the first spine, I did it on my first attempt then cleared up to Souls but had to bring in a 2nd dps to help me burn through phase 2, I then cleared the rest of the bosses solo without any issues.

And now it turns out there's a tactic for solo Souls on page 2 so yea, a full solo clear is perfectly doable.

I'm having trouble soloing the new ZA/ZG instances. Tried as both WW and MW, haven't tried BrM yet. If any has soloed these places id be greatfull for advice, its where im getting my transmog gear

Deleted
    I just finish my Naxx25 last 2 boss. Kel'thuzad was really hard as brewmaster i dunno how some ppl kill it on ww :-?
    Can someone told us how you kill KT on ww spec ? When that 4 guardian comes i was dead instant near.

Quote Originally Posted by armag3d0n2oo5 View Post
    I just finish my Naxx25 last 2 boss. Kel'thuzad was really hard as brewmaster i dunno how some ppl kill it on ww :-?
    Can someone told us how you kill KT on ww spec ? When that 4 guardian comes i was dead instant near.

Gotta watch for the voidzones. Aside from that I generally just rotated between tok, stoneskin brew and diffuse magic for casts. For healing just use chi wave whenever you drop below 70% This was as windwalker, since it seems like brewmaster just kills stuff to slowly, especially on that fight.

Anyone managed to solo OS25 yet? Would quite like to get that mount ... :-)

Deleted
    It's probably the easiest one in there. You just do it as windwalker and never see tidal barrier.

Finally tore myself away from level 90 content to do some soloing. Soloing was my main source of enjoyment on my DK during the final months of Cataclysm, and I've been excited to get into on my monk.

Not much to add that hasn't been said already. Naxx is pretty easy, as is Maly 10, BC content is more or less trivial. I did find that Kael was a bit easier than I'd expected - with no real CC breaks I expected to get owned by the advisors, but what I did not factor in was that touch of death is always active for Capernian assuming you have > 400k HP (which as a Brewmaster, you should), taking her conflagrate out of the picture and making that phase trivial.

One thing I'll add is that be careful of your trinkets in this fight. I assumed I'd be fine as-is, but didn't take into account that I was using the engineering trinket, which procced a dragonling when Kael was up and got me MC'd.

So how does Brewmaster compare to other classes? I assume worse than a DK, but is it maybe 2nd best?

I think the last boss to Temple of the Jade Serpent HC would be a possible solo. managed to two man it from 30% ish after the rest of the group died (healer somehow got locked out), leaving me as BrM tank, a Fury Warr, a Enh shammy and a Mage to fight the boss.

The mage and Shaman eventually fell to the damage, but me and the warrior managed to finish the boss off without problems, although there were a few near scares where i was low on HP, but nothing that wasn't healable with my Gift of the Ox orbs.

Quote Originally Posted by Chonaire View Post
    to anyone wondering how you beat RoS solo, use xuen, interrupt the first and second, use touch of karma when you know you will reach the execute phase during i
    Isn't Touch of Karma a WW only ability? So for this you'd solo as a WW right?

Quote Originally Posted by billtimbob View Post
    So how does Brewmaster compare to other classes? I assume worse than a DK, but is it maybe 2nd best?
    DK and Monk are VERY close together for soloing. Needs more testing to see which is better. Monk is the best 2-man class by far though. Chi Wave OP!

cool im gonna give it a try

Been thinking of switching from my DK tank to Monk just to try and solo stuff and see how they compare to DKs. Still think DKs will always be better as they have pets which I think you need on some fights in order to cheese mechanics.

Quote Originally Posted by Lilly32 View Post
    Been thinking of switching from my DK tank to Monk just to try and solo stuff and see how they compare to DKs. Still think DKs will always be better as they have pets which I think you need on some fights in order to cheese mechanics.
    Xuen would like to have a word with you. Also, the Ox Statue works quite well at times when you need another target to soak debuffs or the like.

However, I would agree with you that DKs are better, if not for the same reason. DKs have a much more versatile toolbox when dealing with various boss abilities. DKs can become stun immune, fear immune, have anti-magic shell, and several very powerful defensive cooldowns.