Page 33 of 88 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    About Magmaw, he's not easy in monk, really more difficult than with a druid.

Glyph :
    - Glyph of enduring healing sphere = because you have a lot of "adds", you can generate a lot of spheres, After the first mangle, walk on this spheres, it's a powerful help.
    - Glyph of Fortifying Brew = A better reduction of damages. Use it into the maw during the mangle, when this CD is up.
    - Not particula third glyph, you can use Transcendence to go away quickly after the mangle (the boss can't hit you if you're not at the cac). Anyway Touch of Death is useless since he dies at 400k pv.

During the mangle, you need to have your guard up about 8 secs before the end because he does awful damages on end. You can try to keep a few chi to use chi wave while your guard is up, it's better for the heals.

Kill the worms very quickly with Spinning Crane kick, they are the priority.

Maybe you don't know that : During the mangle, if you have enabled the life bar : (interface > names > enemy units), you can observe the bar of the ''head of magmaw'', dps him, he takes 100% more damages, and it's the better way to generate chi to heal yourself.

If you have problems on the trash, use Xuen when the first die. Your tiger takes all the damages. It's better to kill the two at the same time. Moreover, you can always have your guard up before their stun (30 secs CD, the life is beautiful ).

Good luck, Magmaw is a bit difficult.
    Atramedes, after him, is a joke.
    Chimaeron is terrible (I didn't kill him, it's a headache)
    Maloriak is impossible without 90k dps (Yep, we can't dispell remedy)

Now, about BoT Thrash... They are not really easy (the first before Halfus).

Use everything that you've got.
    If you want, you can use an Invisibility Potion. And if you kill Halfus, just reset and then, they will dissapear.

Usually, I do Paralisys on a heal, if there's two heals, and I finish the other heal.
    Otherwise, If you have just one heal, use paralysis on an other trash.
    You can glyph Touch of Death to kill them very quickly (heal first always), and even faster with the Fortifying Brew (unglyphed, obviously) before ToD.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Elhorn the Doomchicken View Post
    For 25-man, try Spinning Fire Blossom. My main spec is actually BrM but I swap to WW for Ony25 as Spinning Fire Blossom coupled with Jade Lightning makes the fight SO FAST! Use Expel Harm and Jab/Spinning Crane Kick on the adds that spawn to keep your Chi up and spam the heck out of SFB on Ony, she will fall quickly.
    I hate to say it, this is the one spell that I've pretty much forgotten about. Time to work it back into my toolkit I think! Appreciate the advice, I'll see how it goes as soon as the reset hits!

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Did Thaddius-25 with my 485 ilevel BrM. Was incredibly easy... until he hit enrage; then things got a little more interesting. Pretty sure I'm doing something wrong, though... my survivabiilty is fine, but my DPS is lower than I would expect (not just on this fight; in general).

Basically just did the obvious: kill the two adds at the same time (Touch of Death makes this a breeze). Once he hit enrage, I found I had to chain guard / chi wave... but careful timing made it pretty straightforward.

i just went to sartharion10 3adds as ww and felt a bit lazy about doing the pulls... so i engaged the boss with all the patrols alive. Dunno if anyone has do this before, probably not cause its a bit stupid i admit. heres the video if you want http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q5GGxdmFHCw

I am specced MW (ilvl 503)/BrM (ilvl 492) and was never able to do S3D, there were always 5-10% left when he got immune when I tried it as BrM.
    I realize he is faceroll when you skill WW, but it wasn't that important to me and with the new tier's gear it will also be a faceroll for BrM.

But today I tried fistweaving as MW, and yes it was faceroll, too. It is no problem at all to maintain 70k+ dps, and having your healthbar topped all the time. I think MW will be more viable for soloing content where vengeance doesn't come into play, and where you won't be stunned for a longer period of time.

Anyone have tips for deconstructor 25? I keep hitting enrage and and going down a few % before the boss would die. Right now I'm doing it as BrM and having a few scrap bots get to him. If anyone has a suggestion how to kill them before they get close thatd be great

15+ Year Old Account
    just thinking has anyone tried doing ICC 10 or 25? I've been thinking mainly to just try to farm Precious Ribbon.

Deleted
    I think MW will be more viable for soloing content where vengeance doesn't come into play
    That's right Puri, for example Hodir 25. 32M 8 minutes Berserk is easy with MV spec.

Anyone have tips for deconstructor 25?
    If a robot hits the boss, he gains 5% life. Keep your CDs for the heart. Keep CDs to survive to the enrage if that's necessary (lot of vengeance ).

just thinking has anyone tried doing ICC 10 or 25? I've been thinking mainly to just try to farm Precious Ribbon.
    I did ICC 25 with my druid but I can probably speak for the monk :
    Marrowgar = 25 normal doable, 25hc impossible
    Deathwhisper = 25 normal doable, 25hc doable
    Gunship = only doable on 10 normal, and maybe 10hc with a godly management
    Saurfang = 10 doable, 10 hc doable, I don't think that 25 is doable with our dps today.
    Then you can go and kill the dogs for the Precious Ribbon. For me, he looted in 25 players difficulty.
    But if you love the soloing
    Festergut = 10 normal doable, 10 hc doable
    Rotface = 25 doable, 25 hc doable
    Putricide = 25 doable, 25 hc doable
    Blood princes = 25 doable, 25 hc doable
    Blood Queen Lana'thel = 10 doable, 10 hc doable, 25 doable
    Valithria = 10 doable, 10 hc doable
    Sindragosa = 25 doable, 25 hc doable
    LK = doable in all the difficulties, but 25 hc requires an insane dps. I'll probably try this encounter in a few days.

Otherwise, I continued Cataclysm soloing :

- Atramedes Heroic down
    - Morchok Heroic down
    - Halfus Heroic down !
    - Al'Akir Heroic 15%

And the better for the end , a video this time, since this boss is just insane :

I'll not detail the all strat, it's simply written on the youtube page.

In order of difficulty :
    Phase 1 = Very tense, destack at 12-13 with a rotation of Xuen and Zen Meditation, Fire Trap in the lava.
    Transition = Use Diffuse Magic to survive Son of Flame's explosions.
    Phase 2 = Hard but not as much as the first. Avoid engulfing flames.
    Transition 2 = Use Diffuse magic and keep one Son of Flame to gain time and kill the two Lava Scion.
    Phase 3 = ... don't die

Ilvl 501

Probably the hardest fight that I ever did, and probably nothing compared to Spine.

Edit : Always this vision of my gloves on the video

I can't for the life of me solo Beth'tilac. I'm fine until she goes down to the bottom. Even if I save all my CDs I can't seem to survive for more than a few seconds with all the spiders spewing at me. Any tips would be great.

Deleted
    Use Diffuse magic during the explosion. The vengeance is increased until 260k ! Then, burst the boss.

I remember someone on trade saying they wanted to do the earth wind fire achiev and they said they wanted another tank since I was the only one. I said screw it and solo'ed it on the first try. was very fun, and i think i did it quite well. Pulled fire guy first, burned him to about 50%, took off for arch, grabbed him and just started running towards emalon. fire dude was at about 5% when i had gotten to emalon's room and nearly bungled it with keg smash cleaving. but it was quite fun and i managed to get the grand black war mammoth to drop too!

I don't know if it's obvious and therefor not stated here but the search function didn't show me any comments on Kalecgos in Sunwell (except for not killing him while running through), but yeah he is totally soloable as a BM.
    Since the current tank cannot be ported down to the spectral realm you have to give Kalec another one, namely Xuen.
    Just summon Xuen when Kalec is down to about 15-20% HP and as soon as Xuen taunts him off you get ported down. After that just kill Sathrovarr before your "offtank" despawns and you'll win.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Anachon View Post
    I don't know if it's obvious and therefor not stated here but the search function didn't show me any comments on Kalecgos in Sunwell (except for not killing him while running through), but yeah he is totally soloable as a BM.
    Since the current tank cannot be ported down to the spectral realm you have to give Kalec another one, namely Xuen.
    Just summon Xuen when Kalec is down to about 15-20% HP and as soon as Xuen taunts him off you get ported down. After that just kill Sathrovarr before your "offtank" despawns and you'll win.
    I thought they altered it anyway to make him solo-able? ie. without Xuen if need be.

I haved tried to solo 25 man Heroic Lich King as an iLvL 509 Brewmaster. I have seen tanks solo him at 90 bit they all seem to get around 70'000 or higher vengeance. I barely ever get over 30'000. Any suggestions?

I tried not using Xuen but using Jade kick to try killing orbs and risen spirits faster and vengeance for me since Xuen taunts. Should I remove bracers, cloak, and boots to take more damage for more vengeance or something?

Also: Best attempt has been 43% and him enraging.

not only did this thread need a bump but i felt i needed to relish in my recent duo kill of 10man stoneguards Frost mage/Brewmaster Monk (sadly Mage POV)

Deleted
    Hum Stoneguard will probably be soloable soon.
    In fact, we just need to don't have the purple dog
    I'll probably try it when the time comes.

New solos Cataclysm (and MoP) :

- Chimaeron
    - Heroic Magmaw
    - Heroic Yor'Sahj
    - Hagara
    - Heroic Shannox
    - Heroic Beth'tilac
    - Heroic Ryolith
    - Heroic Alysrazor
    - Baleroc
    - Majordomo
    - Maloriak
    - High Marshal Twinbraid (MoP boss for the second part of the legendary quest, the dwarf)
    - Heroic Ascendant Council

With an ilvl 507 for the first and 509 for the last.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YvvnBWGoXO4
    Heroic Ascendant Council, which is probably the most wonderful boss after Heroic Ragna.

Hi all. My guys name is Meowshaolin and I have it at i488 as BrM. I want to try LK 10 because well, I raided 11/12 25m when it was current iirc.

How hard is the fight? Do I have to know strats? Do I have to self heal a bunch? Am I geared enough?
    Quote Originally Posted by xannax2780 View Post
    It's called balancing.
    Maybe you should try balancing the large cup of QQ in your left hand with a big mug of STFU in your right.
    Just sayn'

Deleted
    How to do Onyxia? AoE trash down and cracking jade Onyxia when he's flying?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by nightstalkerr View Post
    How to do Onyxia? AoE trash down and cracking jade Onyxia when he's flying?
    That's exactly it. If you stand under her while you AOE the trash, you'll damage her with Spinning Crane Kick as well.
    Steve Irwin died the same way he lived. With animals in his heart.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Thanks for the advice before! I can now add Onyxia 25 to my solo list.

Also cleared all of the BC Raids except for Kara ... darn chess.

Get about 10% on OS3D 25m but I was doing it w/o food buff. Duo'd it and after he gets his drake, guess I won't have to go back there anytime soon.