Page 40 of 88 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Has anyone done Theck-level theorycraft on gearing, particularly for BM DPS? I find throughput is the main throttle on my soloing; I've heard anecdotally that crit is our best dps stat but have never seen hard numbers.

Quote Originally Posted by Cranica View Post
    Has anyone done Theck-level theorycraft on gearing, particularly for BM DPS? I find throughput is the main throttle on my soloing; I've heard anecdotally that crit is our best dps stat but have never seen hard numbers.
    Hit/Expertise > Crit > Haste from what I read... could be outdated, but it makes sense, once you're not missing make sure you're critting and have enough haste to feel comfortable.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Savage Misanthrope View Post
    For those who have solod Lich King 25 heroic, any particular tips to maximize DPS? I keep hitting enrage with about 8% life left on the Lich King.

I'm flasked, food buffed, hit (7.5%) and expertise (15%) capped, forged all mastery off and replaced it with either crit or haste and I am standing in as much bad as possible to get vengeance. I use Xuen on CD and he is doing about 5,500,000 million to LK. The only DPS I do to adds is from incidental keg smash splash.

The only thing I can think of is maybe I am spending a little bit too much Chi on guard or not standing in enough bad. I'm going to try double potting for my next attempts, but I'm not sure that is going to make up 8%.
    Are you damaging him during transitions?

Quote Originally Posted by Savage Misanthrope View Post
    For those who have solod Lich King 25 heroic, any particular tips to maximize DPS? I keep hitting enrage with about 8% life left on the Lich King.
    Berserks are survivable, for a very short time, and your vengeance shoots into the high heavens. I was able to live through about 10-15 mil dmg from Saurfang's berserk.

Quote Originally Posted by Kisho View Post
    Ok! Just did it (and by that I mean Instructor Razuvious).

First off, I went in on 25 man, tried as Windwalker. Got owned: too much HP, not enough cooldowns. Won't work. After that I tried as Brewmaster: it was tricky, but if you pay attention to your self healing and use Chi Wave while guard is up, then you'll be able to kill him. I didn't though, because I wanted to try it on 10 man as well after what Asmalya said.
    Not sure if he has too much health on 25m, but on 10m I was able to have xuen tank all 3. Wasn't sure why but then I saw I still had the spore debuff which prevents you from generating threat. Made the fight trivial. You can probably use the same strategy on 25m and then use ToK, FoF, and FB to finish him off. I might try that next time I go in there.

Deleted
    Finally went back to try and solo ultraxion, got it on 2nd attempt. For some reason expel harm cooldown doesn't reset sub 35% half the time though, which is really annoying. =/
    And xuen can actually tank the boss for a bit after you come back into the twilight realm since you generate no aggro whatsoever. Killed it in 5:04, should be easier now every week due to gear so can start farming the mount!

10+ Year Old Account
    With what ilvl should LK 25hc be doable without too much of a hussle? I've been killing him for weeks now on my dk but didn't try it with my monk so far.
    What doesn't kill me gives me Vengeance.
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...psody/advanced

Deleted
    Well done Derpette , you can now try Spine (never again ! roh Heroic Spine will be my ultimate MoP's soloing challenge anyway)

Heroic 25 LK doable with ilvl 520+ even if it requires 530+ if you wanna avoid all kind of issues because of the enrage.

Crit is BrM best all around stat, not just for dps. Elusive brew stacks!
    I'M A DRAENEI THIS EXPAC APPARENTLY
    Quote Originally Posted by anaxie View Post
    You know what happened when i started playing in TBC in 2.1 and rolled ret as my first char? Lol ret , Lol ret , Lol ret , Lol ret You know what i was saying in a few months? Lol hows kara? Then I cleared BT/SW while they followed behind me sniffing my gloriously rosey turds.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Wannoob View Post
    Well done Derpette , you can now try Spine (never again ! roh Heroic Spine will be my ultimate MoP's soloing challenge anyway)

Heroic 25 LK doable with ilvl 520+ even if it requires 530+ if you wanna avoid all kind of issues because of the enrage.
    I don't like spine. At all... I'm more interested in mainly mount farming, the solo challenge is nice but only once really. Got a 4/8 lockout on a char and a 7/8 lockout for DS (latter just for a friend, got blazing drake anyway). I just do al'akir on 3 characters per week (even as dps he's quite faceroll) and now ultraxion as well. Time to get into the LK attempts I think.
    For lockouts, can you get a 10m lockout 11/12 and extend weekly, then go in on monk and swap to 25hc? I guess for me being able to put it on heroic I'd need a normal kill on monk first. Does that have to be 25m or can it be 10m as well?

Deleted
    Did Stone Guards (10N) without much trouble with 537ilvl, didn't even have diffuse magic talented

i dont understand how people have so much problem on RoS , i solo BT everyweek for my brother who twink a rogue and i never had any issue on RoS , you need to understand the core mecanic , during P2 you need to take your time its not a dps race , the boss only hit you hard when you hit him , burn him when you are low on HP wait and heal up ( healing sphere and expel harm ) then rinse and repeat take about 35-45sec , just remember the boss hit you like a wet noodle when you just stand still and take his hit while healing

Deleted
    New day, new soloS

Today, Scholomance Challenge Mode 4/5 (Gandling remaining... for now ! )

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t0ba7qumjuA

Quote Originally Posted by Ujio View Post
    Did ulduar 10 all bosses except thorim / vezax / yogg

First 2 bosses in icc10 as well prolly could have done more but didn't have anyone that wanted to come do gunship.

All done as Brewmaster in WW gear.

How did you get past Reliquary of Souls in BT if I may ask?
    ROS in Black temple isn't difficult. I am in dps gear and my ilvl is 499 (all LFR gear) I save my cooldowns for 2nd phase and when the head is released, I release my tiger at it and activate all my cooldowns to dps it fast. I've cleared BT twice now (because I've been lazy) had no issues. On council I go brewmaster and just aoe them all as ONE boss. Stay out of crap on floor and that's it.

However I am having very hard time on frist trash at Bastion of Twilight. I searched for youtube videos (recent) to show trash killing as a monk - no videos. The trash owned me and I am in brewmaster mode.

Deleted

How to solo warbringers as a mistweaver

Quote Originally Posted by magazz View Post
    ROS in Black temple isn't difficult. I am in dps gear and my ilvl is 499 (all LFR gear) I save my cooldowns for 2nd phase and when the head is released, I release my tiger at it and activate all my cooldowns to dps it fast. I've cleared BT twice now (because I've been lazy) had no issues. On council I go brewmaster and just aoe them all as ONE boss. Stay out of crap on floor and that's it.

However I am having very hard time on frist trash at Bastion of Twilight. I searched for youtube videos (recent) to show trash killing as a monk - no videos. The trash owned me and I am in brewmaster mode.
    Yeah, they nerfed the fuck out of RoS (and other old bosses) within the past 8 months, gg.

BoT trash is easy, kill healers first, don't stand in bad shit, stun trash on CD that's about it.
    Computer: Intel I7-3770k @ 4.5GHz | 16GB 1600MHz DDR3 RAM | AMD 7970 GHz @ 1200/1600 | ASUS Z77-V PRO Mobo|

Deleted
    anyone got tips for soloing yogg 25 0+, i solod my way up there with not muchdifficulty, my issue seems too be dying in 3rd phase when the immortal adds heal too full.

Has anyone soloed Cho'gall as a Mistweaver? One shot every prior boss, but at Cho'gall I always died in the final phase due to corruption. I was mostly having trouble with killing the bloods without them hitting me..
    =
    Bowick
    Mistweaver Monk

Officer @ The Raven Council - EU

Deleted
    Liff,

Spinning Crane Kick has a large range to kill the bloods without being hitting by them. However, that's better to do this fight in BrM spec in order to slow them with Dizzying Haze.
    Maybe that with the glyph you can have enough speed movements with SCK not them to reach you ?

On my monk I've soloed :

1. Tempest Keep (full clear solo) on Kel'thas used tanking spec then it was easy
    2. SSC (up to lady Vashj) I forgot the mechanics on her and she got super huge till I figured what to do
    3. TOGC 10 man up to twin valks
    4. Black temple (full clear multiple times)
    5. Karazhan up to chess event (easy as a pie till buggy chess)
    6. Sunwell up to 3rd boss his smoke eats me alive. There's good video on youtube but I can't figure it out for myself yet

My armormy http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...Aksanna/simple
    My blog about my solo and gold farming http:///www.wowtipper.com