Page 59 of 88 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by mjolnrik View Post
    I tend to go with rjw here, xuen does decent dps but imo half the time hes getting thrown a mile away due to shadow traps and in general using rjw does more dps + builds chi found. Since soo I again soloed it first time using xuen 528 ilevel and then switching to rjw and 1 shotting it. Before soo which was many months ago i agree you could do way more dps on that fight by having the adds hitting u in the back and building up vengeance. Heck I did it was 509 ilevel back then. Only thing to watch out for is when you get silenced during the transitions you cant use rushing jade wind to kill the ice orbs. So try to position yourself in a way so you can keg smash the boss and hit the orbs or be prepared to kite if you get silenced. Another thing I dont know if your doing but taking healing elixir imo seems to work better for me than diffuse magic to make sure you can can heal yourself up during infest and make sure to always use chi wave on cooldown and not for healing, it does a lot of damage
    Hello, thanks for the reply.

I tried this but didn't help me much, got him to 19%(9% before kill) and I was really trying everything I could. RJW seems to help only with adds, not adding dps to the boss, and when there aren't 3+ mobs up I guess you're not gonna use it(no chi generation). Also Healing Elixirs isn't gonna help me, only time I fall below 35% is when I failed to heal infested and dying, so the 15% extra healing isnt really gonna save me, but mostly I'm 80%+ so expel harm is gonna heal me full and get rid of infest.

I ended with 184k dps(50% done to LK). I'm missing 10k dps to kill him. If only that 10% damage nerf didn't happen to BrM monks in the past, I would've killed him. ^^

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Maggibesti View Post

I tried this but didn't help me much, got him to 19%(9% before kill) and I was really trying everything I could. RJW seems to help only with adds, not adding dps to the boss, and when there aren't 3+ mobs up I guess you're not gonna use it(no chi generation). Also Healing Elixirs isn't gonna help me, only time I fall below 35% is when I failed to heal infested and dying, so the 15% extra healing isnt really gonna save me, but mostly I'm 80%+ so expel harm is gonna heal me full and get rid of infest.

I ended with 184k dps(50% done to LK). I'm missing 10k dps to kill him. If only that 10% damage nerf didn't happen to BrM monks in the past, I would've killed him. ^^
    10% nerf? I think you mean vengeance ratio nerf + AoE vengeance nerf + 18% keg smash nerf + 15% nerf. XD

You need more gear to get LK down as BRM in 5.4 than you did in 5.3, I did it at around 530 in 5.3 but that probably wouldn't be possible today.

My DPS strategy was:
    - don't Xuen on pull, save for start of first remorseless winter, then use again at start of second remorseless winter (this one is important to minimise the amount of FM rooms you have to sit in), then use once it is back up again.
    - take advantage of defile veng where safe, generally avoid using it if you have raging on you
    - since you're riding close to the enrage, make sure fort brew is ready to go for when he enrages, you can actually survive his enrage for a reasonable amount of time with good cooldown usage, I hit enrage at 17% on my first kill and still pulled through thanks to the spike in vengeance.
    - Save a pot/drums of rage (new to 5.4) for 2nd transition with Xuen

Long time reader of this thread and first post.

Hands down monk is my favorite class and I like all 3 specs (makes we wish we had tri-spec). Never raided much except DS lfr and the lfr's when MoP came out as I play on a very low end computer. Anyway this thread got me to go out and see all the old raids I never did and its been a blast.

Have a quick question for anyone who has done firelands 10 normal. Currently 6 out of 7 and up to Ragnoras. Been a lot of trial and error and research to clear the first 6. How are monks getting by the molten eruptor and molten spewer just before Ragnoras? MY monk is like 530 BrM and about 533 ilvl for WW. I was taking 100k hits from each mob while having shuffle up and trying to avoid the void zones. I tried burning one down as WW but quickly died to the other one. When I rezzed the one I killed had reset so still dealing with both. The only solution I have found is to take a lesser invisibility potion to skip the trash. My only concern is I definately forsee quite a few wipes learning the Ragnoras fight as I have never done it. Those invisibility potions will become a pain to keep using. I may just be doing it wrong and the trash should be easy so any input is welcome.

As an aside, I got alysrazor's mount on my very first kill. Couldnt believe it.

For anyone interested, and I apologize if its been covered earlier in this thread, I just soloed 10m normal and heroic ICC for the Glory of the ICC raider to get the mount. I used my monk, combination of WW and BrM for most of the achievements. The only 2 I couldnt get, Portal Jockey and Once Bitten Twice Shy, are doable by a priest which i have (about 530 ilvl for shadow and holy). If anyone needs help with any of the achievements feel free to ask. Not sure if it is covered in this thread, but found BrM can easily heal Valthria (but not for the portal jockey achievement).

Sorry for the very long first post. My next posts/updates etc will be shorter. Thanks for all the great tips in here. Once this week's raid resets, ICC 25 N and Heroic time. Looks like Lich King 25H is going to be a pain judging by the posts I have seen since the 5.4 nerfs to BrM.

Quote Originally Posted by Maggibesti View Post

Healing elixirs doesnt necessarily mean you have to be below 35% hp for it to activate. I just found it helped is all to pop a brew when I got infest.

Anyway rjw I think helped you more than you notice. First you are losing xuens damage on the boss as well as getting him down 5% more than you did in your previous post with xuen and im assuming you only used it during p1 from your post. I do believe it is also a single target increase even when its not generating chi, ofc I prioritize survival first but after that it is worth using during the entire fight imo.
    1 last thing that might allow you to get more uptime on the boss in p1, if you pull him a small bit up the stairs and stand so your back in pointing up the stairs and the boss is down the stairs infront of you, you will never need to move out the traps as they will push you into the stairs and there will always be a nice pile of orbs for you if you drop low. it also caused the big adds to all spawn behind me so they wont be cleaved down from keg smash leaving them up longer for chi from rjw. (was my tactic in 5.3 to gain mega vengeance ^^).
    Ofc im not making you go rjw im just saying what helped for me, as radio said he killed it with xuen so can be done either way .
    As radio said def make sure fortifying brew is ready for the enrage as you can survive a good 10% over it and with all the gained vengeance he drops pretty quickly.

Quote Originally Posted by Neomonk View Post
    Have a quick question for anyone who has done firelands 10 normal. Currently 6 out of 7 and up to Ragnoras. Been a lot of trial and error and research to clear the first 6. How are monks getting by the molten eruptor and molten spewer just before Ragnoras? MY monk is like 530 BrM and about 533 ilvl for WW. I was taking 100k hits from each mob while having shuffle up and trying to avoid the void zones. I tried burning one down as WW but quickly died to the other one. When I rezzed the one I killed had reset so still dealing with both. The only solution I have found is to take a lesser invisibility potion to skip the trash. My only concern is I definately forsee quite a few wipes learning the Ragnoras fight as I have never done it. Those invisibility potions will become a pain to keep using. I may just be doing it wrong and the trash should be easy so any input is welcome.
    Yea I used to use invis pot too. Now I tend to put my xuen on the second head and nuke down the first, if the heads still alive after xuen has expired then make sure you pop your cooldowns and it should be dead intime for you to get close to the second
    Last edited by mjolnrik; 2013-12-04 at 03:46 AM.

Is it possible to heal valithria 10N with Brm or WW?

How are monks getting by the molten eruptor and molten spewer just before Ragnoras?
    I did it by going tank and sending Xuen onto the spewer and then burning the eruptor in less than 45 seconds (Xuen's duration). You can also cheese a little bit more time by dropping a black ox statue in melee range (it has ~1/2 your hp), but that stops being effective if the spewer moves to a different spot.

Ragnaros himself only took me two(technically three, I tried to do a soft reset to reset cooldowns, but he killed me) tries. Less luck-based than Baelroc. I probably died to that trash 5-6 times before I finally figured out that Xuen can just tank it. So don't feel too bad if the solution seems obvious.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Anufis View Post
    There isn't really a hard enrage on that fight (mobs just start coming faster and faster)

Provided you can keep suppressors dead before they reach the boss, and the adds die equally as fast, using Zen Sphere with massive vengeance is sufficient to get her healed in a timely fashion.

You won't have the output to get the achievement, however. (the strat is to heal her before the first wave of portals open, for solo-healing it)

I don't need achievement, just think it's time to stop being lazy and try LK25H.

From what ive read i heard its also possible to drop healing spheres and let their explosion detonate to heal the boss without ever engaging it. But this is a very long method so will probably be better to just zen sphere
    As a brm you can also take off all your gear and reequip it before the fight then get hit enough to get below 35% and just spam expel harm on the boss (glyph needed)

Ive attempted both methods.....healing spheres out of range, unequipping all gear and spamming glyphed expel harm....got bored trying to do the healing spheres, and dont get enough vengeance to make the heals from expel big enough (while staying alive myself)

all in all i found it easier to just throw together a very crappy heal set (timeless, pvp, and mix of stuff ive saved from d/e) and just heal it.

Deleted

Finally maneged to slain them after 8 hours of attempts today.
    Best soloing boss ever ! I cannot disagree with that ! And probably the most difficult, even it's really far, after H Spine.

Quote Originally Posted by Wannoob View Post
    http://i57.servimg.com/u/f57/17/38/73/46/will_o10.jpg

Finally maneged to slain them after 8 hours of attempts today.
    Best soloing boss ever ! I cannot disagree with that ! And probably the most difficult, even it's really far, after H Spine.
    Big gratz.

Quote Originally Posted by suitepee7 View Post
    i think skipping the 25 man version will be for the best then, i didn't realise you could switch and it saves your progress. thanks for that!

update: oh my god, 10 man is so much easier... first attempt cleared, and not even close to failing
    Best tip for soloing Gunship 25 man: Don't hit the front line. If you don't hit them, they don't attack you. If they don't attack you, you're golden. DPS the back line that shoot rockets, when the mage freezes your cannon kill adds on your side, jump over to enemy ship, SCK their front line, kill the mage, hop back, rinse and repeat.

Just don't forget: Don't shoot their front line!

With this tip you will one shot Gunship 25 every single time. Guaranteed.
    Last edited by Kethro; 2013-12-10 at 04:22 PM.

I don't need achievement, just think it's time to stop being lazy and try LK25H.
    You don't even need to Valithria unless you really want to. You can just use the engi glider to fly into the spot that glitches right up to Sindragosa.

Quote Originally Posted by BrioWoW View Post
    You don't even need to Valithria unless you really want to. You can just use the engi glider to fly into the spot that glitches right up to Sindragosa.
    You shouldn't not have said that, it's againts the rules, so you know in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by Tripod View Post
    all in all i found it easier to just throw together a very crappy heal set (timeless, pvp, and mix of stuff ive saved from d/e) and just heal it.
    That also works. Any clue if she can be healed via eminence?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by blackblade View Post
    That also works. Any clue if she can be healed via eminence?
    Yep she does, I usually had a fairly high eminence heal proportion going on dreamwalker in my crappy set due to keeping the adds under control.

Ive seen a lot of people having issues with LK25H i easily solo'd it 5+ mins on enrage at 560 granted i have a lot of gear but also had a ton of time on enrage. Biggest things I would point out is dont fail to shadow traps :P Make sure you are topped off before Infest (Tonight I wasnt paying attention and ended up dying to a 800k Infest tick ) and use Xuen for sure for the DPS gain. Also Defile gives a bit of vengeance but not much if you are feeling brave you can let Infest tick a few times but it builds up fast and can easily kill you if you arent careful.

As far as Ragnaros goes I havent attempted 10H but 10N is very doable (1 shot it) if the stacks of the debuff start to hurt pop Xuen and run out of range, on my first kill I didnt know I had to run out of range and had a ton of stacks towards the end with 2 or 3 meteors :P For intermissions you probably cant kill all the adds so just pop a CD dont know if you will get one shot but I Zen Med first and Diffuse second. For last phase just be ready to kite some balls lol

Deleted

Same strat that the one Snowball used = take distance and outheal. Took about 27 mins while the fight remains easy for a MoP's boss (Well, it still requires to be focused).
    This is the only way (currently) that avoids to get MC.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes

Go brew, with Zen sphere (keep this up on her), chi torpedo (had some issues with it not healer her so to avoid that just fly right in to her), and Glyph of Targeted Expulsion.

"Humility defeats pride, Master Yang has preached. Pride defeats man"

10+ Year Old Account
    Been trying to do LK 25 heroic for a while and can only get to about 23% before the enrage. I know I can do it it's just matter of practice and what not. Just wondering if I could get any tips before I go beating my head against a wall again.
    I'm wondering if I should change out one or both of my trinkets for something else and I know the glyphs should probably be changed.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...dan/Nue/simple
    Life doesn’t get easier, we just grow stronger.