Page 67 of 88 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Nivis View Post
    While it takes a while, as a WW you should be able to just SEF two clones on two of the three NPCs and kite -> RJW your way to victory.
    Without using one of the mounts that is.
    This works ^

Epic!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gallahadd View Post
    Anyone know if it's possible for a Brm (or anyone really...) to solo Trial of the Champion Hc? I know most of it will be cake, but I keep getting knocked off my non-scaling mount and then chain-stunned to death by that first boss... It's REALLY irratating that I can solo basically everything except a 3 expac old heroic...
    On both my monk and paladin, I deliberately dismount after the event begins, put my weapon back on, and fight on foot. Haven't had any problems with this strategy thus far. You'll get stunned occasionally, but you can burst all of the enemies down between stuns, and there's not a lot they can do to hurt you faster than you heal.

Yeah, I got lazy. I used to be able to solo the joust when it was current content ... now I just don't feel like trying.

Maybe I'm doing something wrong, but just getting off the mount and bursting them doesn't work at all for me. I spec Chi Wave and RJW just to keep some damage going while I'm stunnned. But even if I get one down, the other two stunfuck me so bad that the one I managed to get down doesn't STAY down and ends up remounting.

Epic!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Are you trying to solo it as BrM or WW? I think I was doing this one as WW; you don't need the added survivability of a tank, while the burst damage and cleave helps a ton.

I was trying it as BrM. Maybe I'll give WW a try then. Thanks!

Deleted
    Well, it seems that Horridon won't be doable during MoP (for the monks) :

Still an extreme fight in terms of survival, moving, DPSing priorities, and so on...
    It's still possible to squeeze more DPS (something like 20% [cooler]).

PS : Will upload a video of the attempt of this very enjoyable encounter

Quote Originally Posted by Wannoob View Post
    Well, it seems that Horridon won't be doable during MoP (for the monks) :

Still an extreme fight in terms of survival, moving, DPSing priorities, and so on...
    It's still possible to squeeze more DPS (something like 20% [cooler]).

PS : Will upload a video of the attempt of this very enjoyable encounter
    Your armory link doesn't work for me. And just curious were you able to kill jinrokh to get to horridon yourself?

Deleted
    Sorry, it's up correctly yet — armory.

Nope. Jin'Rokh won't be doable during MoP since we'll not have enough monotarget DPS (even full 589 gear). Moreover, since we only got Xuen not to reset the encounter during the throw, we have to use Target Dummies (timing, timing !) — which emphasize the annoying aspect of the encounter.
    To squeeze enough DPS, it's possible to use the vengeance abuse with DM/ZM though (which may allow to slain Jin'Rokh, but isn't a glorious use of the game' mecanisms imo).

Here some news, done recently :

Tortos :

Spirit Kings :

Ji-Kun :
    Last edited by mmocfe2a18639c; 2014-06-17 at 03:38 PM.

Deleted
    Finally down (in extremis, as you can see) !

If it required to take extremely high risks (I won't speak about 15stacks+), it does mean that Monks are now at 5/6 on MV !
    Unfortunately, Gara'jal won't be doable before WoD.

Otherwise, I may soon create a googledoc about what's feasible or not for Monks.

Otherwise, I may soon create a googledoc about what's feasible or not for Monks.
    Just make sure you do a good job and explain important details about the harder fights and not just links to videos like the warlock one.

Deleted
    Just some news there :

- Immerseus 10N down (148mins of encounter yay ! )
    - Jin'Rokh 10N down (with a plenty of bugs, even more than Sinestra, I thought it was impossible)

And the masterpiece for the end, Monk solo Horridon (which represents, imo, the most intense DPSrace of MoP/and among the best survival check — yet.) :
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MB7Q6aTrbHc

Moreover, I've been able to finish the 3 first parts of the googledoc (Vanilla/BC/WotLK). I'm collecting several informations about Cataclysm, but I won't bother doing the 25man versions, I just dislike them. If anyone has some datas, even about WotLK soloing, feel free to share, since it'll be rather incomplete (particularly for 25man versions of Cataclysm) at the beginning.
    Hope I'll be able to finish this for tomorrow.

Congratulations on Horridon, Whiskz! You really push things to the limits - no one would have thought it would be doable as a monk

7+ Year Old Account
    FFXIV because WoW lost its soul over a decade ago.
    A monk is capable of soloing all of WOTLK content as far as I know, I only have 531 Ilvl in pvp gear and I solo every boss in WOLK 10 except for Valithria and that is because I'm too lazy to actually use a healer spec or try the fight for excessive periods. If you would like I can write up some of my processes for some fights that are a pain in the ass to solo (Like Thorim, you actually have to exploit him to solo.)

Honestly, I'm waiting on WoD because I'll be able to get a good jump on the monk soloing action and actually be able to have some top end raid gear to make this easier. I know mechanically I can do a lot of this, just gear bars me a good bit. =\
    Last edited by VinylScratch; 2014-07-02 at 06:39 AM.

You can do Valithria quite fast as BrM tbh, if you use the glyph and unequip your gear and put it back on before the fight
    Takes me around 2mins I think in 580+ ilvl

Deleted
    Has anyone been able to solo Yoog 25 0 keepers as mistweaver, and if so how did he/she handle the last phase?

I know its not a kill but got immerseus normal to berserk. Doubt that would be possible to kill till next expansion tho (without a perma pet like warlocks already did) since I didnt even get to the first split phase xD.
    I think what I did was got my xuen to soak 2 of the corrosive blasts by running out of range thus giving time to reset your stacks. Obviously thats on a 3min cooldown so you need to survive around 5 stacks of corrosive blast since he seems to cast it every 35-40 seconds in order to get your xuen to reset the stacks again.
    First blast - no cooldowns
    second - legendary cloak proc + guard
    third - fort brew + avert harm
    fourth - diffuse magic + guard
    fifth - zen med + guard
    6th - reset with xuen
    7th - xuen takes again

Pretty much every blast needs u to be at full health since they hit very hard even with cooldowns up and was using glyphed guard as its primary usage was for the corrosive blast

Deleted
    Actually, Immerseus 10 N is soloable. It just requires to outrange the boss during the cast of the wave, and stay away, waiting for the 30 mins that the berserk lasts. This is the method Mione used.
    Then, it's just a matter of timing. The encounter is very long, since it took 148 mins for me (10N). Here's a link where I wipe at 13% (maybe willingly ? Maybe cuz I had to keep my raid ID ? ) : http://i39.servimg.com/u/f39/17/38/73/46/immers10.jpg

Actually, Immerseus 10 N is soloable. It just requires to outrange the boss during the cast of the wave, and stay away, waiting for the 30 mins that the berserk lasts. This is the method Mione used.
    Then, it's just a matter of timing. The encounter is very long, since it took 148 mins for me (10N). Here's a link where I wipe at 13% (maybe willingly ? Maybe cuz I had to keep my raid ID ? ) : http://i39.servimg.com/u/f39/17/38/73/46/immers10.jpg
    Is it? I thought that was only with a perma pet xD. I know during the boss fight with my guild running out seemed to cause him to cast non stop corrosive blasts at me so didnt realise it could work this way. Well anyway im not patient enough to wait that long lol, and I like all the vengeance =D

Deleted
    Well, I still have a few informations to obtain in order to complete the Dragon Soul NM requirements, but still, I think it's enough to share it more as a tool of what's feasible or not than a clear indications of what to do here or here...
    Also, I heavily took inspiration from the DK's googledoc, so, I would thank Mionee particularly, but also each person who gave datas for complete this.

Here's the Monk's googledoc :
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing

Thanks alot for doing the spreadsheet wannoob. Norushen doesnt look possible either due to hitting berserk at 90% xD. Piss easy to survive but too bad its an instant death wen it berserks