Page 5 of 88 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    My concern with my monk so far is survivibility compared to some other tanks and by that i mean self healing. I have both a paladin and druid and the survivibility on those two feel better when it comes to doing old content because of the heals they have on command. My paladin alone is a brick shithouse with flash of light and eternal flame. I love my monk but what is there for self healing that makes them so viable other then the orb(which doesnt heal for much), expel harm? Now when when shit hits the fan on my monk i feel i dont have very much healing to keep me up. Am i doing something wrong or using the wrong abilities? What healing abilities are you all using thts keeping you up during running these old world stuff? Chi waves on a 15sec cd, expel harm is ona 9 sec cd and curently is healing me for hardly anything compared to the health pool i have.

Is it really that difficult to solo Kael'thas as a monk? On my 90 DK I just faceroll it with no strategy (except to first kill the mage that disorients me).

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by billtimbob View Post
    Is it really that difficult to solo Kael'thas as a monk? On my 90 DK I just faceroll it with no strategy (except to first kill the mage that disorients me).
    Nah it's really easy, Touch of Death insta kills the caster chick in p3 and the rest is tank and spank regardless of spec.

Anyone know a step by step on how this guy did this?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I5YmVCFzPPo

Quote Originally Posted by WizZz View Post

Pull boss, pop dampen harm, use fort brew, channel Zen med, wait until you get hit and one shot him?

Quote Originally Posted by Athorha View Post
    Pull boss, pop dampen harm, use fort brew, channel Zen med, wait until you get hit and one shot him?
    Yup worked like a charm thank you =) I used the white tiger pet from level 90 talents so the boss would be taunted while I Meditated as well.

Yup worked like a charm thank you =) I used the white tiger pet from level 90 talents so the boss would be taunted while I Meditated as well.
    So did the guy in the vid..i think its hard to time it without the tiger.

Deleted

That looks like that aint suppose to be like that.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Drarion View Post
    That looks like that aint suppose to be like that.
    It's how vengeance works.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Joyful View Post
    It's how vengeance works.
    didnt think about it but now that you mention it i see how his vengence icon gets a whole lot of numbers.

Deleted
    Yesterday I solod Ulduar 10man all Drake Achievs, so I want to write down a little guide:

Specs: Brewmaster/Windwalker
    Glyphs:Clash, Fists of Fury ,Leer of the Ox, Guard, Sparring, Breath of Fire ( I obv switched talents for some fights)
    Talents: Celerity, Chi Wave/ Zensphere(one fight only), Power Strikes, Leg Sweep, All 75 talents(depending on fights) , Xuen for most Bosses /Rushing Jade Wind for 2 bosses and Chi Torpedo for trash mobs and faster movement
    iLvL: 474
    First Boss: All 4 Towers Activated
    You need to drive every tank and demolisher in front of the line, so I died once so everything vehicle was moved to him. You need to make sure that both Demolisher stand next to each other. With a Chopper I took two of this blue cans next to the demolishers before the fight started. I was in one Demolisher, shot all of my pyrit on him and switched to another one. After both Demolishers had no Pyrit I switched to the cannon, took one Pyrit and downed him.

Ignis:
    Pretty easy. Windwalker with Fists of Fury, Sparring Glyph and on Talents I took Xuen, Healing Elixir and Chi Wave.
    Burst him down and he uses touch of karma when ever rdy.

Razorscale:
    I hate this achievement and was pretty annoyed bit. It wasnt that easy to down them to 20 k HP. I had like 16 /25 until enrage and with her enrage it become way easier. I did this actually on Mistweaver cause I didnt want to kill them with a crit.

Xt:
    Windwalker, Glyphs: Fists of FUry, Sparring Talents: Xuen, Healing Elixir and Chi Wave
    Pretty easy to down his Heart with using Xuen and all your bonus dmg cooldowns. No problem with that fight.

Iron Council:
    Windwalker, Glyphs: Fists of Fury, Sparring, Touch of Karma Talents: Xuen Healing Elixir and Chi Wave
    I used every cooldown to kill the small one, used touch of karma on the middle one afterwards and used Zen Mediation when ever the bigstrike of the Giant one arrived. They do quite some dmg so be rdy to pop a Health potion if needed. Chiwave and Expel Harm should always be on cooldown on that fight. You need quite some DpS to down them, but its doable

Kologarn:
    Windwalker same Glyphs and Talents.
    Bursted him down to 30% hp and than simultanously took down both of the arms. Pretty easy fight

Auriaya:
    Windwalker
    That fight wasnt that easy because these cats do quite some dmg. I basically just focussed her while using Touch of Karma and Zen Meditation on her big strike or when these cats where jumping to me. Needed to pop a health potion and it was quite a close fight.

Hodir:
    Windalker
    I pulled him to the mage and the Druid(?!) I believe and than AoE the ones in the Ice with Fists of Fury and AoE and afterwards I was just focussing on Hodir with Xuen. Pop all your cd and make sure to fight in this light so you get 50% more haste( I believe it is 50% not sure though).
    Pulled around 85k+ DPS while sitting in the fire and in the light with xuen active.

Thorim:
    Brewmaster: Glyphs: Clash! , Leer of the Ox, Guard Talents: Xuen, Healing Elixir Chi Wave
    That fight was quite hard. You need to put down your ox in the arena and wait until the first mob is there. Use Xuen so he gets aggro, open the door and run with 3 chi rolls as fast as you can. I was a engineer so the rocket boots helped quite a bit. I used touch of death on the second mini boss and bearely making it in time before the ox statue died. If Sif and Thorim are in the arena it gets easy. Just use everything on CD and zerg him down. The Clash glyph is pretty important to move fast.

Freya:
    Windwalker: Glyphs: fists of furry, sparring, and stone skin Talents: Rushing Jade Winter, Zen Sphere!, Healing Elixirs.
    I was pretty afraid of this fight but in the end it was easy. Kill all the trash mobs and than pull the boss.
    If the 3 Elementals come: AoE them down with the stun of fists of fury, leg sweep, rushing Jade wind and prepare a Zen Sphere so you can immediately explode and use rushing jade winter. You may need to use touch of karma/zen mediation/ touch of death.
    The big one:
    Just kill em, no problem.
    The small ones:
    I aoed them until 20% percent , than I used Leg Sweep rolled away and killed them with rushing Jade wind and got no Dmg of the explosion.
    Repeat until 25% stacks and afterwards you can kill her.

Mimiron:
    That fight was problemy the hardest fight. I killed him as WW with Chiwave, Rushing Jade wind and Healing Elixir and the normal Glyphs.
    In Phase 3 I was focussing the robots until I got a magnet. Pulled his head to the ground and killed him in one phase with all cooldowns.
    Phase 4 was difficult. I used chi wave and Rushing Jade winter on the head and focussed the bottom part to 5% first. Using Touch of Karma always on the middle part, and bringing it to 5% aswell and afterwards I was just using Crackling Jade Lightning to bring the top part to 5%. AoE them with Rushing Jade wind and everything which was ready. Note here: After Rushing Jade wind is on cooldown, kill the Head first. Afterwards go to the bottom part and use Touch of Death on the middle one.
    It took me like 5 wipes in Phase 4 to get it right. Very difficult, but doable.

Vezax:
    Windwalker, Sparring Fists of fury xuen healing elixirs chiwave
    Nothing special on him. Wait until the saronite thingy is there, burst him down and kill the boss afterwards. You may need to run of this big strikes or use Zen Mediation/Touch of Karma. Interrupt the fire AoE.

Yogg +1:
    I tried Yogg +0 first but I failed at managing my sanity so I switched to Yogg +1 with Freya active, not thorim. Did this as Brewmaster with Xuen. It took me 2 brian phases until he went to phase 3 and thanks to vengeance and all the adds I was doing quite some dmg on him. It was pretty easy and I probably could have done Yogg + 0 if I wasnt so brain dead^^

Didnt tried algalon.

Hope this was some help and sorry if my english wasnt that good. It is not my main language.

Quote Originally Posted by lanerios View Post
    Amusing how people say they "solo" BT when the first boss makes that quite impossible to do, as far as I am aware at least.
    Almost every single boss changes it's mechanics depending on the amount of people in the raid. If you're alone at bosses such as first boss of BT or Lord Marrowgar in ICC they won't be using their "Bone Spike" or "Impale" abilities. The Shield on the first boss is still there though, as a rogue you're able to reset it by vanishing and then re-attacking him before he goes Evade, idk how monks deal with it - probably dps as hard as you can before he does it.

Deleted
    didnt think about it but now that you mention it i see how his vengence icon gets a whole lot of numbers.
    If you look over at the DK solo thread, Mione have the math too show exactly how it works on that boss as well.

If you look over at the DK solo thread, Mione have the math too show exactly how it works on that boss as well.
    Here you go:

Quote Originally Posted by Mionelol View Post
    It's counter intuitive, but believe me.

The formula for damage taken looks around the lines of , with n being the amount of defensive cooldowns/passives/whatever that you have. That result is then used futher into the Vengeance calculation.

It doesn't use the actual unmitigated damage, but instead tries to reverse engineer it using said formula. The overkill damage absorbed by purgatory doesn't matter at all, since it'll take the minimum beween damage taken and your maximum health.

Basically, any damage you take in reality that exceeds your maximum health won't generate Vengeance, and the maximum Vengeance you can achieve is based on the theoretical amount of damage you could sustain at max health with every single defensive cooldown up. Thus, the more defensive cooldowns you use, the more Vengeance you get.

And this is the mathy explanation I've been avoiding to do for so long :P
    Quote Originally Posted by Archaeon View Post
    In tbc everyone wished they were playing vanilla. In cataclysm everyone will wish they were playing wotlk.
    ^------True story!!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Athorha View Post
    You can't get banned for this trick at that boss ?

Quote Originally Posted by armag3d0n2oo5 View Post
    You can't get banned for this trick at that boss ?
    Of course anyone found using this will get banned. You're using cooldowns, and that's against the rules blizz set.

Deleted
    I dont like math :<

spend some time (2hours 1 trash respawn) on alysrazor 10man nhc tonight.

my last try was 480k hp on alysrazor, (best try before was somewhat around 30%), but did a wrong call and used dmg instead an extra chi wave, would've downed him for sure i guess, 100k away from the touch of death. unfortunaly trash respawned after the 1% try and i'm cba to clear it now^^

anyone else got the balls to try some 85 raid content or already downed something?

couldn't switch to hc as i have no fireland achievment on my monk and no one online to do it for me, but i think that would probably be even easier as you don't loose the dmg buff while going to kill the big adds and can stay ww spec.

btw not sure if anyone mentioned it, but patchwork is even on 25 cake, as chi wave with the vengeance keeps you alive.
    Last edited by Ascar; 2012-10-16 at 01:22 PM.

Hello there my Dear Monk friends.
    I Recently started solo killing old raid and instance bosses on my Monk and with good progress.

Accomplishments:

Kel'thuzad 25. - http://i.imgur.com/OtYjC.jpg
    Saphiron 10 (forgot to set 25)
    Onyxia 10 (forgot to set 25) - http://i.imgur.com/vH4gc.jpg
    Zul'gurub Panther boss. - http://i.imgur.com/hSkgE.jpg
    Kael'thas, Tempest keep.
    Black temple up to Illidan.(RoS not solo. Akama never came to open doors )

Mostly all of the "usual" solo content.
    Im aware of that alot of this isnt "Impressive" as its such old Content.
    ive been overestimating everything but ZG which i underestimated, trash was the hardest part.

To do list:

Ulduar 25, will be trying to do heroic modes.
    ToGC 25.
    ICC 25man.

Any other monks that also like to solo Content that have accomplishments and Experience to share?

Most of these kills have been as Windwalker in "tank" gear. Gear shown in my Armory profile.

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...arion/advanced

thats sick dude good progression

im totally looking forward to doing old world stuff as a monk ... i used to solo everything back in the day on my paladin

did alyz again today. downed hc in 3 tries. wasn't that hard using ww specc and the old lvl 85 sp solo tactics even though we don't scale that good with haste (just tigerbrew ramp up was amazing^^).
    you just have to survive harshwinds stacking to 8.