... LastLast
    Deleted
    What i've achieved so far :

Karazhan : full clear
    Magtheridon's lair : full clear
    Gruul's lair : full clear
    SSC : full clear
    Hyjal : full clear
    TK : full clear (got Ashes of Al'ar on 2nd timer lol)
    BT : full clear (had to swap to brewmaster for RoS)
    Eye of Eternity 10 : full clear + all achievements
    Naxxramas 10 : clear + all achievements
    Naxxramas 25 :
    Spider wing full clear with Faerlina achievement (had to swap to brewmaster she hits hard when enraged)
    Plague wing full clear with Heigan and Loatheb achievement
    Military wing full clear with 4 horsemen achievement (did this part as brewmaster except for gothik because Razuvious hits quite hard and i needed the survavibility for the achievement on the 4 horsemen)
    Construct wing, i can't get past patchwerk lol he hits like a truck jesus !
    Ulduar 10 :
    Leviathan HM with 2 tower (will try 4 next week)
    Ignis with achievement (kill within 4 minutes)
    Razorscale with achievement (kill 25 dwarves with razorscale's flame breath)
    XT-002 with achievement (kill heart)
    Kologarn with achievement (kill both arms and himself within 12s, Brewmaster)
    Assembly of iron with achievement (kill steelbreker last, Brewmaster)
    Can't get past Auriya with 2 sentries
    Onixya 10 : full clear
    Sartha 10 + 3add : full clear

All of this has been done as WW & solo unless mentioned otherwise.
    Apologies for grammar not so good at english!
    Last edited by mmocdbe8a652b0; 2012-10-30 at 02:03 AM.

Im really new into soloing, but was just wondering that is normal atramedes soloable? i want the silence is golden achievement, and was wondering if i could do it without random people fucking up the ach for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Drarion View Post
    Glaives was all pro skill. Learn from the master.
    Edit: Glaives are my first equipable legendary, got like 6 bindings, never seen the eye. No bow, No cinders for staff cause i didnt raid firelands.

yes i noticed how spinning crane kick hit her in air if you stand under her. Frapsed where i tried it a little bit, havent made it into a video, might do.
    Never tought about the fire blossom, glyphed i guees? Wont be doing 25man again tho as they share same drop rate for mount right?
    I didnt have it glyphed since she is big enough to hit her anyways. The orbs go up automatically. I use them alot in hyjal too since the horde camp has so much air units.
    Afaik there is no increase in drop rate for ony 25 i just wanted to do it hehe. Netx week i guess i go back to 10m...its so much faster.

Quote Originally Posted by Asmalya View Post
    Iam sure there is a special place in hell for all of you! (just kidding iam just jealous <3)
    Wasn't that easy, I was soloing it. Took me nearly a month to solo Reliquary for the first time. Gurthrogg was pain in the ass as well, I've changed approach, gear, reforging etc. few times. I've downed Illidari Council for the first time only due to the bug where they didn't reset HP after wipe.. It wasn't a walk in the park on my not-that-well-geared DK back then. I've went through my own hell (but damn it was worth it)

But I know what you feel.
    On the other hand - I've dozen kills of MC Ragnaros and no eye.
    I've been running MC on and off since wrath on 3 chars and no thunderfury :P 1 binding so far...

Not to mention over half year of weekly Grulls Lair (I've started it 4.1) for the mace off first boss (transmog wasn't even announced when I started), and.. I don't know how many kills of Tidewalker in SSC for the shoulders that still didn't drop..
    Last edited by DemoBytom; 2012-10-30 at 09:33 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Archaeon View Post
    In tbc everyone wished they were playing vanilla. In cataclysm everyone will wish they were playing wotlk.
    ^------True story!!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Asmalya View Post
    I didnt have it glyphed since she is big enough to hit her anyways. The orbs go up automatically. I use them alot in hyjal too since the horde camp has so much air units.
    Afaik there is no increase in drop rate for ony 25 i just wanted to do it hehe. Netx week i guess i go back to 10m...its so much faster.
    yeah thats true, she is kinda fat - Need to lay of the cookies. Which is probably why crane kick hits her aswell.
    i think i used like 3-4 Xuens on her airphase on 25, do it within duration of 1 xuen on 10man :<

Quote Originally Posted by TrollFu View Post
    Real quick, I didn't run Heroic ZA all too much, didn't need the gear from there at the time.

With that in mind, I went in and dropped the Bird and Tiger bosses with no problem what-so-ever. The Bear boss absolutely destroys me with his charge mechanic that adds 500% Physical Damage taken to me. I remember the mechanic was to rotate charge targets.. I'm a Brewmaster, I swapped out RJW (My daily 90 Talent) with Xuen hoping I could figure out some way to have him take some Charges, and even tried screwing around with Leer of the Ox. Unfortunately, nothing was clicking for me and it seemed almost futile.

Anyone solo this guy? I really don't feel Windwalker would be the superior spec for this fight, though I could be wrong. The only reason I want to solo this guy is because.. well.. I can?
    I was able to solo everything in ZA except for the last boss, until recently, when i was finally able to solo Daakara the last boss. Nalorakk and dakaara both have that surge debuff, they do hit hard as a mother truck, but its totally doable with good CD management and smart purifying brew usage. I do nalorrak and only really use fortifying brew, but for dakaara you need EVERYTHING.

Nalorakk just watch for the BRUTAL STRIKES (thats whats hitting u so hard) and purifying brew the second they hit you, and immediately start healing the damage, make sure you have shuffle up otherwise you wont be staggering enough of the damage. He does a ton of damage it will be hard to keep up but yea easily doable. (he will do a lot of damage in bear form also but theres no brutal strkes, just keep shuffle up, purfying brew when you get hit hard, and then big heals.

Dakaara is Nalorakk on steroids, he consistently has 200k+ hitting abilities you really have to watch the dmg you take and purify smart, heal big, and try to keep shuffle up when your going to need to stagger, its not easy but yes, its doable ( i just did it like 1 minute ago for the third time solo).

Ultimately you just have to be really smart with what you use your chi for, you will actually become a pretty good tank learning how to deal with damage that no other class can really eat on these fights.

You can do it without this trick, but i found a good way to avoid a lot of damage when doing these: Spec for glyph of retreat, Xuen, and Celerity. and when you start to feel like too much damage is incoming, pop Xuen, roll, and he will tank for you because your threat is at 0, you can keep rolling as long as you dont want threat, with celerity Xuen can tank Dakaara for like his entire duration its pretty nice, NOTE: dakaara is not going to do bad damage until he goes bear form (IF he goes bear form) and puts surge on you. Good Luck! (those damn shoulders off dakaara have yet to drop in 15 runs, (( )

ALSO spec dampen harm, to nerf some of those massive hits when you really need it.

With the xuen trick theres not really much skill involved anymore lol he does all the work and you just dps and occasionally heal the surge damage xD
    Last edited by Senseishade; 2012-10-31 at 01:40 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Senseishade View Post
    I was able to solo everything in ZA except for the last boss, until recently, when i was finally able to solo Daakara the last boss. Nalorakk and dakaara both have that surge debuff, they do hit hard as a mother truck, but its totally doable with good CD management and smart purifying brew usage. I do nalorrak and only really use fortifying brew, but for dakaara you need EVERYTHING.

Nalorakk just watch for the BRUTAL STRIKES (thats whats hitting u so hard) and purifying brew the second they hit you, and immediately start healing the damage, make sure you have shuffle up otherwise you wont be staggering enough of the damage. He does a ton of damage it will be hard to keep up but yea easily doable. (he will do a lot of damage in bear form also but theres no brutal strkes, just keep shuffle up, purfying brew when you get hit hard, and then big heals.

Dakaara is Nalorakk on steroids, he consistently has 200k+ hitting abilities you really have to watch the dmg you take and purify smart, heal big, and try to keep shuffle up when your going to need to stagger, its not easy but yes, its doable ( i just did it like 1 minute ago for the third time solo).

Ultimately you just have to be really smart with what you use your chi for, you will actually become a pretty good tank learning how to deal with damage that no other class can really eat on these fights.

You can do it without this trick, but i found a good way to avoid a lot of damage when doing these: Spec for glyph of retreat, Xuen, and Celerity. and when you start to feel like too much damage is incoming, pop Xuen, roll, and he will tank for you because your threat is at 0, you can keep rolling as long as you dont want threat, with celerity Xuen can tank Dakaara for like his entire duration its pretty nice, NOTE: dakaara is not going to do bad damage until he goes bear form (IF he goes bear form) and puts surge on you. Good Luck! (those damn shoulders off dakaara have yet to drop in 15 runs, (( )

ALSO spec dampen harm, to nerf some of those massive hits when you really need it.

With the xuen trick theres not really much skill involved anymore lol he does all the work and you just dps and occasionally heal the surge damage xD
    Just so you know, Xuen taunts anyways you don't have to roll around just wasting time / dps. You can also taunt the boss for a few seconds if Xuen is about to die, but he will taunt back quickly.

Deleted
    Did Ulduar 25

Managed 7 bosses

Could not do:

Razorscale (14% wipe so just gotta perfect some things and be abit lucky)
    Hodir (40% wipe might be able to if I stand in all the lightbeams)
    Thorim (Havent tried him yet, prolly impossible though)
    Algalon Vezax and Yogg

Edit: Razorscale down forgot about the flee glyph
    Last edited by mmocf822e2265a; 2012-10-31 at 11:28 AM.

I am soloing old raids and need a little help.

First, how do you beat the Chess game in Kaz while soling it? It was very hard for me. Tried for like 4 hours but couldnt move the pieces fast enough becasue of jumping off the ledge and down to the board etc.

Second, How did you defeat Lady Vashj?

Third, RoS in BT is impossible. I am a WW and he just freezes me the entire fight.

Fourth, I CANNOT clear Eye of Eternity. The first phases are easy as can be. But the third phase where I am on the drake, I just can't regen enough energy to cast 1, 1, 2, 3. I can't keep the DoT buff up. Easy for other classes, but Monks dont have much energy like mages do mana. At least thats what I think it is. I cast 3,3,3,3,3 right from the start. I don't die from him. (at least not until he enrages after three minutes) but I can't seem to kill him fast enough. What am I doing wrong?

Last, C'thun. I tried him by kiting Ouro to his room. The idea worked perfectly (sorta). Ouro would attack me or Cthun and I would always leave his stomach. The problem was I never could stay in his stomach long enough to do damage. The idea sort of worked to well. If you know what I mean. Is there another way of killing Cthun solo?

Ruby Sanctum seems impossible. I can survive Patchwork with my 478 ilvl with the use of well timed CDs. But the dragons in Ruby Sanctum hit way to hard.

Any suggestions you have would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.
    Last edited by Merivel; 2012-11-01 at 02:38 PM.

Deleted
    Third, RoS in BT is impossible. I am a WW and he just freezes me the entire fight.
    Go brewmaster, use Ox statue, and leer of the ox glyph to get it on her threat table. Everytime she shocks you, she'll switch to the statue, just be quick at interrupting her after your shock ends. The guide is in this thread somewhere.

Ouro would attack me or Cthun and I would always leave his stomach. The problem was I never could stay in his stomach long enough to do damage
    Try using spinning fire blossom to hit them.

Fourth, I CANNOT clear Eye of Eternity.
    Your energy has nothing to do with it, drakes have energy regardless of class. 1,1,2,3 DOES work, i've even done this on 25 man.

First, how do you beat the Chess game in Kaz while soling it?
    Hope you get lucky with Medivh's cheats and he doesnt empower king near you, drop fire every single cheat etc. Getting to the pieces is easy, you get a 10 sec debuff or so where you cant control a piece after leaving one, so that's plenty of time to jump down and get to a piece.

Second, How did you defeat Lady Vashj?
    Go brewmaster to survive the insane stacks she gets in the last phase if you're slow at getting the cores. If you're quick enough at it, save your touch of karma for last phase and exploit flying serpent kick and momentum talent to get around quickly.

I apologise if this has already been asked/answered:

Does anyone have a tactic for getting through Thorim's gauntlet without him one-shotting you due to the "arena" being unmanned? I've tried leaving Xuen and an ox statue but Thorim doesn't seem to register their presence in the arena.

Thoughts?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by algeo View Post
    I apologise if this has already been asked/answered:

Does anyone have a tactic for getting through Thorim's gauntlet without him one-shotting you due to the "arena" being unmanned? I've tried leaving Xuen and an ox statue but Thorim doesn't seem to register their presence in the arena.

Thoughts?
    I'm pretty sure if you pull with Xuen and then drop your ox, your ox will not register on the threat table at all, meaning when Xuen dies there's "no one" left. As far as I know, people drop their ox, get him on the threat table with leer, then haul ass through the gauntlet.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffyjimbob View Post
    I'm pretty sure if you pull with Xuen and then drop your ox, your ox will not register on the threat table at all, meaning when Xuen dies there's "no one" left. As far as I know, people drop their ox, get him on the threat table with leer, then haul ass through the gauntlet.
    Alright, thanks!

Xuen alone didn't even seem to work as Thorim busted my monk ass to oblivion before Xuen died/despawned.
    I'll try oxen + taunt later today - thanks again.

Edit: Tried putting down oxen and using it to taunt but Thorim just killed me when i got halfway through the gauntlet.
    Last edited by algeo; 2012-11-02 at 05:52 AM.

RoS definitely soloable with using the brewmasters statue.

Pro tip for Gurthagg Bloodboil is to go dps spec.

I killed Malygos with noobing it up pretty much. - I was dps spec and just nuked him.

P3 was the slowest part...

First stack 5x combos, then use your fire blast
    Keep healing on yourself and shield with 1-2 combos when he focusses on you.
    With 5 original stacks on the boss, the duration is slightly higher, try to aim for 3 as then you can heal plenty and should be able to keep the stacks rolling
    Near the end I just nuked his ass without healing.

Malygos 25 man however does a little too much damage when I first tried it as DPS - Doable as tank but then you get him to final phase with like 2-3mins which isn't enough time to push 50% of his hp

I'll post a video of the whole of Black Temple when I've encoded it, and finally uploaded it... (Slow ass youtube uploads!)

I'll also upload a video of Sarth 10 man 3 drakes as dps spec.

Edit: Sarth 10 3d - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rEiB-P_5ilw

Edit 2: Whole of Black Temple... Part 1 Part 2 (RoS) Part 3
    Last edited by Yohassakura; 2012-11-02 at 05:36 PM.
    Computer: Intel I7-3770k @ 4.5GHz | 16GB 1600MHz DDR3 RAM | AMD 7970 GHz @ 1200/1600 | ASUS Z77-V PRO Mobo|

Quote Originally Posted by Yohassakura View Post

I'll also upload a video of Sarth 10 man 3 drakes as dps spec.
    Damn impressive.

Quote Originally Posted by Merivel View Post
    Last, C'thun. I tried him by kiting Ouro to his room. The idea worked perfectly (sorta). Ouro would attack me or Cthun and I would always leave his stomach. The problem was I never could stay in his stomach long enough to do damage. The idea sort of worked to well. If you know what I mean. Is there another way of killing Cthun solo?
    You don't have to kill the tentacles.

C'thun/Ouro do very negligible damage at level 90. Do this in Windwalker spec:

1. Pull Ouro to C'thun's room.
    2. Kill the Eye.
    3. Just start DPSing C'thun through his 99% damage reduction.
    4. When you get pulled into the stomach, you wont be able to kill the stomach tentacles unless the server lags.
    5. Clear your DoT stacks every now and then when they get high by running into the center of C'thun's hitbox.
    6. Clear adds when they pile up, be careful not to kill Ouro.

The really nice thing about being a monk for this: Touch of Death bypasses C'thun's 99% DR. So put on a couple of stam trinkets, and just hit him until he gets to your Max HP (this took me about 15 minutes). And then Touch of Death it.

Has anyone tried ToGC 25 man yet? I seen it in the todo list, but didn't see anything for 25 man.

Deleted
    for C'thun if u just drop xeun at the phase transition ur able to solo it as a WW.

I also did 3Drake Sarthion 25m i managed to kill all 3 drakes but she was still immune had to go clear the portal out only really had time for a couple trys but i imagine a quick xeun / statue might buy u enough time to clear out the portal. Was hard alot of fun, did it in mostly 463 blue's

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Porcinet View Post
    What i've achieved so far :

Karazhan : full clear
    Magtheridon's lair : full clear
    Gruul's lair : full clear
    SSC : full clear
    Hyjal : full clear
    TK : full clear (got Ashes of Al'ar on 2nd timer lol)
    BT : full clear (had to swap to brewmaster for RoS)
    Eye of Eternity 10 : full clear + all achievements
    Naxxramas 10 : clear + all achievements
    Naxxramas 25 :
    Spider wing full clear with Faerlina achievement (had to swap to brewmaster she hits hard when enraged)
    Plague wing full clear with Heigan and Loatheb achievement
    Military wing full clear with 4 horsemen achievement (did this part as brewmaster except for gothik because Razuvious hits quite hard and i needed the survavibility for the achievement on the 4 horsemen)
    Construct wing, i can't get past patchwerk lol he hits like a truck jesus !
    Ulduar 10 :
    Leviathan HM with 2 tower (will try 4 next week)
    Ignis with achievement (kill within 4 minutes)
    Razorscale with achievement (kill 25 dwarves with razorscale's flame breath)
    XT-002 with achievement (kill heart)
    Kologarn with achievement (kill both arms and himself within 12s, Brewmaster)
    Assembly of iron with achievement (kill steelbreker last, Brewmaster)
    Can't get past Auriya with 2 sentries
    Onixya 10 : full clear
    Sartha 10 + 3add : full clear

All of this has been done as WW & solo unless mentioned otherwise.
    Apologies for grammar not so good at english!
    First I want to say RoS is a piece of crap to solo. yes I was able to kill him but wiped a good 13 times before I did.
    Mag: Cleared
    TK: Cleared
    BT: cleared
    Naxx:
    Construct Wing - 10-Man cleared with Achieves (almost wiped on Thadius while doing his achieve do to the first part and the lightning that hits when the adds are away from their platform)
    Miliarty Wing - 25-man cleared (with 4-horsemen achieve (with ~30k health left at kill))
    Plague - 25-man cleared with all achieves (Loatheb's achieve I just kited around the edge of the room and rolling when a spore appeared next to the boss)
    KT Wing - 25-man cleared + both achieves (KT took 2 attempts, wipe was at 4%)

Sarth 10-man 3D - Cleared (I found this easy to do, but I was doing 60k+ dps on him which helped; Finally got my 10-man drake which i kept loosing the roll to up to this point]).

ToGC 10-man - Cleared (with Upper Back Pain, Resilience Will Fix It, and Salt and Pepper).
    Last edited by Hinalover; 2012-11-05 at 02:44 AM.

Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Drarion View Post
    Glaives was all pro skill. Learn from the master.
    Edit: Glaives are my first equipable legendary, got like 6 bindings, never seen the eye. No bow, No cinders for staff cause i didnt raid firelands.

yes i noticed how spinning crane kick hit her in air if you stand under her. Frapsed where i tried it a little bit, havent made it into a video, might do.
    Never tought about the fire blossom, glyphed i guees? Wont be doing 25man again tho as they share same drop rate for mount right?
    Yes they share the same drop rate which is why I do it 10 man .

---------- Post added 2012-11-05 at 10:42 AM ----------

Manged to solo BT today, ROS wasn't as bad as I thought, still pretty annoying though >.>