Page 15 of 88 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Hey all,

Yesterday I decided to make my own solo video. This will show you how to kill Thorim in Ulduar10. I'm not using the ox statue strategy though.
    I hope this will help some of you guys to kill him as well. This is my first ever video so bare with me

I'm not allowed to post links yet:

(youtube).(com)/watch?v=FJNXHjmjWLY&feature=youtu.be

PS: Im using ElvUI with some customization. I was inspired by the UI of mjhenson9.

Deleted
    Thorim Solo Guide
    Here's the link in clickable version.

Great guide btw, genius way of doing it.

Ya great guide. What is the range of Transcendence. It sometimes disappears from me and I cant teleport.

Deleted
    Thanks Jess for making a clickable link

Transcendence: Transfer has a range of 40 yards. In this case is the placement of transcendence a bit narrow. Too far into the tunnel and you can't reach it from the gate and if you place it too close it can despawn.

Deleted
    It can also be glyphed for 10? extra yards.

So 40 yards is the distance at which you can teleport. If I walk further than that range the spirit can disappear. I don't know what that threshold is.

Quote Originally Posted by d07RiV View Post
    Whew, just finished soloing shadopan heroic, been wanting to do that from back when I needed the fist weapon. This turned out way harder than I expected, basically it starts going downhill after the second boss. Sha trash is brutal, had to learn what's causing so much damage and use focus paralysis. Panda trash was more manageable after I got the CC down, but I still barely survived a few times. Finally, Taran Zhu himself was ridiculously annoying - you barely have time to dps the boss between killing all the orbs, and that while struggling to keep yourself up. Had a very annoying wipe when at 20% he placed an orb right in a middle of a trash pack I chose to skip -_-
    Did the same yesterday and found a neat little trick for skipping the panda trash on the way to Taran Zhu. (sry 4 bad english if present or if anybody allready wrote this)
    First trash pack (only two panda "ghosts") has to be killed. On the second bridge you can jump down into the water and swim all the way to the "island" where the endboss is located. On the right side there is one of the void-spheres. If you use Clash at this orb your monk will run up the hill and you can skip all three trash packs!

Also if you're brain-afk like me and killed the spheres in preparation for the endfight (-.- n/c) you can use the same trick on the far right sphere of the last trash pack which waits at the end of the third bridge. Don't worry if it doesn't work the first time, Clash seems to be a bit picky so just position youself differently before trying again.

Oh and on a sidenote: The Sha trash packs are brutal because the little ones put a debuff on you AND buff their damage everytime they bite you. My best tip are...
    - use paralysis alternately on the little guys so their buff drops off and only one magic debuff is present on you.
    - if the mid-size add uses his breath attack just avoid it.
    - always kill the big, healing Sha first. Otherwise it just takes more time for you to kill them alltogether.

Quote Originally Posted by Anachon View Post
    Oh and on a sidenote: The Sha trash packs are brutal because the little ones put a debuff on you AND buff their damage everytime they bite you. My best tip are...
    - use paralysis alternately on the little guys so their buff drops off and only one magic debuff is present on you.
    - if the mid-size add uses his breath attack just avoid it.
    - always kill the big, healing Sha first. Otherwise it just takes more time for you to kill them alltogether.
    I did it the same way we did it challenge mode: Invis potion.

Woop, after rerolling from my dk to monk i was determaned to get back into soloing, however the tests were gone, lk turned out to be nothing more but a tickle and firelands was kinda impossible with my gear...

Anyway did a run for mogs other day and found out im missing omnitrons achivatron, only needed the "no 1 hit by the magmatron laser other than target) so i thought i'd try that... Omnotron still hits very hard, (kind of.. low hits but its rapid) i personally thought it was impossible after a few without better gear, my gears at 473 lol, a few wipes later, and trying to kite a bit more / have a cd for every toxic add / electrons lightning conductor he went down... Quite insane challenge for a new BrM i.m.o: http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/osinkhy2hyk15wsa/ didn't do it from start of fight, but i didnt feel like putting fraps on mid fight when i know i probably would have died... Was too scared to keg smash most of the time because of the 2nd boss's shield effect.

EDIT; someone said magmaw was impossible, hits to hard, kind of agree the hits are seriously hard to deal with, parasites are easy. Someone also said after/during mangle he despawns, lies. survived it and got splatted after but im really badly geared, 77% wipe. 473ilvl.
    Last edited by TwentyTwelve; 2012-11-22 at 03:34 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Tried soloting KT last night for a chance at the phoenix mount. Every time I got to the 3rd phase (All the councilers at once) I would just get instantly spam feared/disorented/silenced till I died. I am only 465 ilvl, how do you get past this phase with all the spammage coming from the adds?

Edit: I tried this as WW, is it easier to do as BrM?

Quote Originally Posted by tugnutt7 View Post
    Tried soloting KT last night for a chance at the phoenix mount. Every time I got to the 3rd phase (All the councilers at once) I would just get instantly spam feared/disorented/silenced till I died. I am only 465 ilvl, how do you get past this phase with all the spammage coming from the adds?

equip and use the legendary staff dropped in p2, it renders you immune to those effects (except the 3 sec fear)

pop xuen, his damage does not rely on wdps but only ap, crit and haste. you dmg is significantly reduced due to the staff's abysmal wdps
    Last edited by Mr Goodkat; 2012-11-22 at 04:14 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Would that not kill my dps? Or do you only need to use it the once and then swap back to my normal weapon?
    Sorry for the noob questions, it was my first time ever seeing this boss.

Would that not kill my dps? Or do you only need to use it the once and then swap back to my normal weapon?
    Sorry for the noob questions, it was my first time ever seeing this boss.
    the immunity effect granted by the staff only persists if equipped (you have to active the staff first)

yes it does, but any dmg is better than being constantly cc'ed. touch of karma will help alot as will chi wave (epell harm relies on wdps). except for your range spells all your attacks depend on wdps (i did it with sfb once but didn't think the 4 adds went down faster). kill the darkener first, his dot stacks pretty fast and can still do serious dmg if negleted

you have to continue useing the staff until p 4 ends (50% health) since kt uses a rather long disorient too. or at least it was the case during cata, i never survived p4 back then without the staff (feral).
    Last edited by Mr Goodkat; 2012-11-22 at 04:28 PM.

Black Temple - Reliquary of Souls

(youtube).com/watch?v=raFkNPCvOus

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Goodkat View Post
    the immunity effect granted by the staff only persists if equipped (you have to active the staff first)

yes it does, but any dmg is better than being constantly cc'ed. touch of karma will help alot as will chi wave (epell harm relies on wdps). except for your range spells all your attacks depend on wdps (i did it with sfb once but didn't think the 4 adds went down faster). kill the darkener first, his dot stacks pretty fast and can still do serious dmg if negleted

you have to continue useing the staff until p 4 ends (50% health) since kt uses a rather long disorient too. or at least it was the case during cata, i never survived p4 back then without the staff (feral).
    I don't use the staff as Windwalker. I can push about 70k dps with Xuen up so during phase 4 I can just blow him up before he ever casts the disorient.

For phase 3 I usually just stand on top of the mage's corpse and Touch of Death her when she stands up. I then kill the fear guy and engineer and just deal with the random stun until his debuff expires.

Deleted
    They should totally make those weps scale with your level for KT

you dont need the legendary staff to beat TK as a Monk, ive been doing it since90 just popping touch of death on the mage as soon as she gets brought back up.

Also, i did OS103d as BrM spec. Ulduar too, upto Mimiron, cause i started falling asleep. Naxx i have yet to try, but i cannt see much of it being a problem.

I still havent got round to trying any Heroics yet..

Quote Originally Posted by gashdangit View Post
    After about 20 pulls I have a strat that will work for solo RoS. Must be in brewmaster spec for this as you need to be able to place down the ox statue.

1. Kill phase 1 of RoS
    2. Place down the ox statue while waiting for phase two to start.
    3. As soon as RoS comes out in phase two target the statue and use your taunt.
    a. Make sure the boss is in melee range of the totem when you do this.
    4. Every time your interrupt is off cool down, use it.
    5. The first thing you must do after you interrupt the boss is place a new statue down, target the statue, and taunt again.
    a. This part will happen every other interrupt as you can interrupt every 15 seconds and the statue is on a 30 second cool down.
    6. On the interrupt that you are not putting down a new statue, dps the boss.
    7. Make sure you heal yourself during the fight.
    8. Wash and repeat till phase two is over.
    9. kill phase 3 and win.

A few notes. The reason this will work is because of stun mechanics. When a mobs agro target is stunned, it will go to its next highest agro. So, after stunning you, it will ago your statue. (the part where you target the statue and taunt is how you get the statue on the ago list) Here is the good part, the statue can not be stunned. So the boss will just sit on the statue untill you are no longer stunned. Reason you want to replace the statue, it has 200k hp so it will not live for the whole fight and if you lose it its game over. Reason I say to keep the statue in melee range of the boss is most of the time if it isnt the boss will ignore it and keep you stunned untill you die. (Im guessing this is because all the agro the statue has is a immune taunts worth) but as i said, if the boss can melee the statue it will over you, as long as it does not have to move. Last tip I can give is be careful when you use your death touch. A 400k hit on the boss will hit you for 200k. You dont want to die witth he boss as you still have a phase three to do.

Well thats about as good as I can explain it. Ill make a video of it come tuesday after reset. Any questions just post and ill do my best to answer them.

Happy hunting.
    I know this was posted quite a while back, but I wanted to quote it and say that it worked really well for me! I got the second phase to 200k as Windwalker on one attempt but I could not get it, so Brewmaster is definitely the way to go.

---------- Post added 2012-11-24 at 02:43 PM ----------

I do this as Windwalker. Pull the last councilor (the remote toy guy) to the entrance of the room before killing him, and after killing the weapons go back there and wait for him. Save up 4 chi (you can expel harm to build some while waiting) and ToD him as soon as he comes back up. Then summon Xuen on one of the others and you'll be fine.

Deleted
    Solo'd RoS yday using gashdangit's method.. worked like a charm

http://i.imgur.com/dxNKX.jpg

and my DBM told me, i killed council in 8 sec lol
    Last edited by mmoc9aad74b9e3; 2012-11-25 at 09:48 PM.

Just soloed Omnotron as well - it's quite a fun fight to solo but the order of the bots do seem to affect performance (magmatron with electron shielded really sucks), on the flip side Toxitron is pathetic this time around.

Some times to make it faster is to use the Arcanotron pools as mentioned, but also don't be afraid to keg smash or even land a few hits on Toxitron's shield for the debuff/buff, you can always cleanse it if you need to.

I tried Magmaw but it was pretty nasty.