Page 23 of 88 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    For some reason I can't solo Sarth3d10, I get him to about 400k before Tenebron drops and 3 shots me :/ My burst only seems to be around 50k which seems very low considering my Warrior can burst out about 140k in the same ilvl of gear... Is this normal for Monks?

Quote Originally Posted by arisolo View Post
    glyph of breathe fire for bot trash doesn't work?
    They're immune to Dizzying Haze. (But the bosses aren't, for some reason.)

Quote Originally Posted by wushin View Post
    Anyone have any tips on soloing the BWD trash? I can generally solo them 1 on 1, but taking two of them on at a time seems to overwhelm me. 474 ilvl.
    I assume you're not trying this as Windwalker because there's probably no way to do that at the moment. As a ilvl484 Brewmaster it just took some learning for me to get it right.

Keep them moving so you get caught in "sunfire." Never let your health drop below 75% without having your tier 2 on cooldown. (Chi Wave + Guard is ridiculously powerful when soloing like this.) Spam Healing Sphere whenever you see yourself getting anywhere near 50%. Don't be afraid to use Xuen if you're having that much trouble. Just keep practicing your rotation. I went from having a level ~40 Brewmaster to switching my 90 over and within a few pulls figured out the "dance." It just takes a bit of reading up.

Also, if you're going to do Omnitron, the Guard glyph makes it much, much easier. Most of the damage you'll actually take is unavoidable magic damage. Just don't equip it before you're ready to fight them if the trash is giving you a hard time.
    Soothing Mist:"Healing them for a minor amount every 0.5 sec, until you take any other action."
    Jade Serpent Statue: "The statue will also begin casting Soothing Mist on your target. healing for 50% as much as yours. "
    [What's half of minor?]
    "Statue casts Soothing Mist at a nearby ally for toddler healing."

Deleted
    I have a question, when I get my WW to 90, & gear him out in iLevel 450+ gear (gemmed & enchanted) just how easy is it to solo Magtheridon's Lair? is it possible & if so, any pointers?

Deleted
    Faceroll easy.

---------- Post added 2012-12-26 at 03:32 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by TheWindWalker View Post
    They're immune to Dizzying Haze. (But the bosses aren't, for some reason.)

I assume you're not trying this as Windwalker because there's probably no way to do that at the moment. As a ilvl484 Brewmaster it just took some learning for me to get it right.

Keep them moving so you get caught in "sunfire." Never let your health drop below 75% without having your tier 2 on cooldown. (Chi Wave + Guard is ridiculously powerful when soloing like this.) Spam Healing Sphere whenever you see yourself getting anywhere near 50%. Don't be afraid to use Xuen if you're having that much trouble. Just keep practicing your rotation. I went from having a level ~40 Brewmaster to switching my 90 over and within a few pulls figured out the "dance." It just takes a bit of reading up.

Also, if you're going to do Omnitron, the Guard glyph makes it much, much easier. Most of the damage you'll actually take is unavoidable magic damage. Just don't equip it before you're ready to fight them if the trash is giving you a hard time.
    While a lot of this is true, such as Chi Wave and Guard being a lay on hands basically with the amount of vengeance you'll get. You can also very easily drop below 35% health and survive with expel harm due to desperate measures. It can hit for an immense amount and heal for a lot as well so it actually gives you a lot higher dps as opposed to hitting 10k from jab.

Quote Originally Posted by Dumbfoundead View Post
    You can also very easily drop below 35% health and survive with expel harm due to desperate measures. It can hit for an immense amount and heal for a lot as well so it actually gives you a lot higher dps as opposed to hitting 10k from jab.
    If they're having trouble surviving, do you really want to suggest keeping their health low and using DM as a source of DPS? That's like telling someone who keeps crashing in a race to "go into the highest gear you can and stay there, you'll go much faster."
    Soothing Mist:"Healing them for a minor amount every 0.5 sec, until you take any other action."
    Jade Serpent Statue: "The statue will also begin casting Soothing Mist on your target. healing for 50% as much as yours. "
    [What's half of minor?]

Deleted
    Well it really depends, it's about balancing DPS and healing though and placing healing sphere during combat is extremely energy starving and that means dropping shuffle which is a big no no. Expel Harm gives both great damage and great healing plus provides chi allowing you to either dump it on Chi Wave to get more EH for an incoming spike of damage or keep up shuffle. It's less like telling him to stick in 5th and more like getting him to shift.

@wushin
    Given you can handle a single trash mob in BWD, the only mob like that pre gate opening is the draknoid mobs before Magmaw. If you're pulling the two of them that are keeping magmaw in place you'll need to time your guard to coincide with their spinning blades or you're going to take a beating and more than likely die.
    Last edited by mmocf10b8a8948; 2012-12-26 at 04:00 PM.

Yeah, 1 of them is no problem. For the two on the Omnitron side, I just kited them up and down the stairs with Path of Blossoms and Spinning Fire Blossoms, all the while healing myself with Sphere. Took awhile but it worked. I don't have the t2 bonus quite yet - I also skipped the Cata expansion, so this is really my first time in here - so it's a learning experience.

I can switch over to BrM - I have 504k-ish hp unbuffed, but the damage is so poor seems to take forever. I consider myself a decent player - easily solo BT, KT and made it to Dark Summoner w/ ilvl 465ish or so in Barwler's Guild, but this trash ( and Omnitron, I tried a round w/out reading up about him at all and got smoked ) are pretty darn difficult.

Thanks for all the tips - will give it another go today.

Deleted
    You're not going to kill any cataclysm raid bosses with windwalker I'm afraid, the damage on brewmaster kicks up when you have the vengeance and can meet that nice balance at 35% so your chi generator isn't something that hits for 10k.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dumbfoundead View Post
    You're not going to kill any cataclysm raid bosses with windwalker I'm afraid, the damage on brewmaster kicks up when you have the vengeance and can meet that nice balance at 35% so your chi generator isn't something that hits for 10k.
    I killed Alysrazor in WW, pretty sure that's a cata boss.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Thisisanalt View Post
    I killed Alysrazor in WW, pretty sure that's a cata boss.
    Congratulations on killing a gimmick boss

Anyone managed to kill Shannox HC? For some reason I can't seem to be able to kite him to drop the bleed stacks. There are no traps, either. So at around 60% I end up dying, not to mention I'm not making the enrage with so much effort focused on staying alive.
    I got him down to 7% on normal on the first try, but this week I killed alysrazor on HC and can't switch to normal for some reason (wtf is this).

Quote Originally Posted by Solarshot View Post
    Sarth 3D 25 down solo.
    http://i48.tinypic.com/2agsw3m.jpg

Sarth moves slightly faster than Tenebron (which is the issue in terms of hitting the enrage due to auto swinging for 270k) so I had to kite the entire time, I believe I only managed to get hit 1-2 times by the drake.
    Grats, do you think its the first level 90 solo? I couldn't find any others yet.
    Last edited by d07RiV; 2012-12-26 at 09:07 PM.

Was able to get the duo-trash down today w/out kiting as a BrM. Omnotron is another story though. Got about 75% thru and just felt like I was having to constantly run/healing sphere.

Was able to get the duo-trash down today w/out kiting as a BrM. Omnotron is another story though. Got about 75% thru and just felt like I was having to constantly run/healing sphere.
    That's actually a very important part of soloing as a Monk. Spamming HS as you back away can often be how you survive certain burst/ground effect mechanics.
    [What's half of minor?]

Deleted
    Armoury please.

Things to consider; are you using guard? are you using ascension? are you utilizing gift of the ox? are you running needlessly when you can easily heal through desperate measures? are you keeping shuffle up? are you using elusive brew?

You should be using whichever guard will last longer but still reach absorb cap, I believe that is the melee damage version for Omnitron. This way you'll get the 30% healing buff for as long as possible but still benefit from the absorb effect.

You should be flasking for the occasion, 2k extra AP is a lot of damage and healing to pass up.

Spec into healing brews, the other two are "nice" but they're balanced around soaking damage from large hits.

The only healing spheres you should be using is two on your transendence spirit which are placed pre fight, and one in a convenient location for a casual top up if you want more damage.

All healing spheres will scale with your attack power at the time of being picked up, healing sphere with no vengeance = worthless, but healing sphere after taking a 350k hit = green circle lay on hands.

Here's a quick WoL of a kill - http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/u.../0/?s=50&e=459
    Last edited by mmocf10b8a8948; 2012-12-27 at 01:38 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Langy View Post
    For some reason I can't solo Sarth3d10, I get him to about 400k before Tenebron drops and 3 shots me :/ My burst only seems to be around 50k which seems very low considering my Warrior can burst out about 140k in the same ilvl of gear... Is this normal for Monks?
    Yes thats normal. Monks have no burst damage. I have the same problem on Sarth3d10 I got him down to 300k but didn't have the energy to build chi for a quick ToD. I was in mostly MoP heroic gear/some quest greens. I will try it again, this week. I will be crafting my scribe staff and also got some decent drops in raids this week. So hopefully I can burst him down and Touch of death before I get 3 pieced by tene. If that doesn't work I'll just get a guildie to help out.

So, I figured I'd try a bit of Bastion of Twilight. Um... any tips for the trash? Some have 100% block chance, and since they attack in groups the amount of HP to get through is phenomenal.
    [What's half of minor?]

Deleted
    Which trash is it? The first trash you'll need to spec distance for paralysis. The patrol with two menders needs to be skipped because it takes forever really. The pee trash is easily AoE'd just hit it with a CJL and LoS their casting, you may want leg sweep for when they channel their silence.

Trash after halfus past stairs is easily slow falled over using tiger's lust.

Quote Originally Posted by pimpdaddy View Post
    Yes thats normal. Monks have no burst damage. I have the same problem on Sarth3d10 I got him down to 300k but didn't have the energy to build chi for a quick ToD. I was in mostly MoP heroic gear/some quest greens. I will try it again, this week. I will be crafting my scribe staff and also got some decent drops in raids this week. So hopefully I can burst him down and Touch of death before I get 3 pieced by tene. If that doesn't work I'll just get a guildie to help out.
    Try glyping Touch of Death if you are getting that close. Removes the Chi cost and increases the cooldown.

Deleted
    Anyone done magmaw yet? I can get to around 40% in 474 ilvl brewmaster gear but that's it...

[484] So, I just tried to solo Halfus Wyrmbreaker. "Combat against Normal (10) Halfus Wyrmbreaker (97%) ended after 23 seconds." Good god.

EDIT: Second attempt. 26 seconds. Progress.
    Last edited by TheWindWalker; 2012-12-28 at 10:02 PM.
    [What's half of minor?]