Page 24 of 88 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    If he has mortal strikes, good luck!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Regen View Post
    So for someone who wants to get into solo'ng at max how is it done? Are most things done as WW from what I'm reading? My biggest interest would be ULD10, BT really. From what I've read it all seems fairly straight forward to do WW in dps gear but is there anything special? I really like the rogue t8 gear from there and glaives. Those would be my biggest goals.
    Ulduar 10 is quite easy. Hardest thing is to get the timing right on Thorim.
    For Algalon you might need the Roll glyph to swap aggro with Xuen for a stack reset.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by gashdangit View Post
    I would love to hear how you solo RoS also. Cant get past phase two.
    I've done it last week on my monk, windwalker spec, died on the first try because I burned all CD's in P1. It was very close but I did as follows:

Start burning through P1 and the spirits, soon as P2 starts pop ALL your offensive cooldowns and interrupt the first fear. With enough DPS you should be able to kill it with Touch of Death during the next fearcast or slightly after. Remember to use defensive cooldowns if you dont make the kill before that fear.

My average dps on the fight was about 59k and in P2 between 70-80k and my healthpool is 400+.

The rest of BT is really easy and will make a vid on youtube soon just for fun .
    Last edited by mmoc54c940e576; 2012-12-29 at 04:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ergon View Post
    Start burning through P1 and the spirits, soon as P2 starts pop ALL your offensive cooldowns and interrupt the first fear. With enough DPS you should be able to kill it with Touch of Death during the next fearcast or slightly after. Remember to use defensive cooldowns if you dont make the kill before that fear.
    Alternatively, I usually lessen my DPS racing on the second phase and summon Xuen for it. Pop Touch of Karma and go to town until you get down to about 50% then heal up again. Then simply tack away, heal self, tack away, heal self. For me, personally, it's all about balancing heals and attacks and letting Xuen be the unlucky one who gets to soak most of the reflected damage.
    Soothing Mist:"Healing them for a minor amount every 0.5 sec, until you take any other action."
    Jade Serpent Statue: "The statue will also begin casting Soothing Mist on your target. healing for 50% as much as yours. "
    [What's half of minor?]
    "Statue casts Soothing Mist at a nearby ally for toddler healing."

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by TheWindWalker View Post
    Alternatively, I usually lessen my DPS racing on the second phase and summon Xuen for it. Pop Touch of Karma and go to town until you get down to about 50% then heal up again. Then simply tack away, heal self, tack away, heal self. For me, personally, it's all about balancing heals and attacks and letting Xuen be the unlucky one who gets to soak most of the reflected damage.
    That's indeed what I ment, except for the healing part. When reaching the fear then that's needed indeed but Xuen and me avoided most of those luckily by burning. Definitely a tricky but fun fight to solo.

Quote Originally Posted by Ampere View Post
    Try glyping Touch of Death if you are getting that close. Removes the Chi cost and increases the cooldown.

Great Idea. I never thought about that.

edit:
    Genius, pure genius. It worked thank you thank you. I saved all my survivability cds for last dragon. Survived with a little over 100k hp left.
    Last edited by pimpdaddy; 2012-12-30 at 05:20 AM.

A friend and I duo'd heroic LK 10 man last night. I know, this is the solo thread, but hey. It was a fun challenge; we wiped a few times but got there in the end.

I was Brewmaster, he was Windwalker (mains as Mistweaver in our progression raids). This of course means we cleared the entirety of heroic ICC 10 man before getting to heroic LK. Pretty much nothing in ICC gave us trouble, though Putricide was a fun bugfest. The plague thing killed my friend, meaning I solo'd the rest of the fight. The oozes just sort of sat around doing nothing, since they can't target the tank... until the phase transition, when Putricide is no longer targeting you. Then you get all the oozes at once.

Also, Malleable Goo is the most annoying mechanic ever when soloing. :<

Below is a video to my kill of sarth 3d 25m this week. Used an altered strat that's generally more forgiving on dps. In past weeks it took multiple wipes to have "lucky" rng to beat the enrage. Using this as you can see by flask duration I one shot it. Given a gear level of say 495+ using this strat I definitely see it as doable (especially with the addition of stat food).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h8gAhKz1vp0

for reference my other post was on Solarshot about this particular fight.
    Last edited by Athorha; 2012-12-31 at 08:50 PM.

Deleted
    Did Omnotron this evening, took me a few attemps, but in the end it turned out not that hard as I thought. (ilvl 474)
    imgur.com/jmuUa
    Last edited by mmoc074b55c5b7; 2013-01-01 at 01:16 AM.

Don't feel like reading 24 pages but is BT doable, well mostly is RoS P2 killable? If yes, with what gear? Want to farm Glaives on my Monk, and Sharaz's Sword.

Deleted
    It was doable before the nerf tbh. I've always done it as BRM. Glyph leer of the ox. Use leer when you can and interupt soon as poss. Pop xuen and pot to for extra deeps. When boss is gettin to that 500k mark get ready with touch of death. Recast statue as soon as poss as boss will destroy it.

Quote Originally Posted by Zergal View Post
    Don't feel like reading 24 pages but is BT doable, well mostly is RoS P2 killable? If yes, with what gear? Want to farm Glaives on my Monk, and Sharaz's Sword.
    Yes. http://youtu.be/kz5c3KSkrDE

I seemed to destroy it much quicker last week.

Edit: Just completely destroyed it as WW spec: http://www.justin.tv/darkwolfdude/b/353021884
    Last edited by Yohassakura; 2013-01-01 at 12:42 PM.
    Computer: Intel I7-3770k @ 4.5GHz | 16GB 1600MHz DDR3 RAM | AMD 7970 GHz @ 1200/1600 | ASUS Z77-V PRO Mobo|

Just did it on my BM monk (ilvl 483), and I d/c'd at the start of the phase. Came back in, popped Xuen, missed an interrupt because I interrupted Deaden. But otherwise, I broke the shield w/ Keg Smash quickly and got off a quick interrupt. Health wasn't much of an issue.

Edit: Yay OH Warglaive!
    Last edited by Artaius; 2013-01-02 at 08:59 PM.

Anyone else starting to take 30-50k hits (you read that right) from the Azzinoth elementals during Illidan's add phase? The tooltip doesn't say anything about percentage damage. Just "hits for 8000 fire damage."
    Soothing Mist:"Healing them for a minor amount every 0.5 sec, until you take any other action."
    Jade Serpent Statue: "The statue will also begin casting Soothing Mist on your target. healing for 50% as much as yours. "
    [What's half of minor?]

Deleted
    Anyone else starting to take 30-50k hits (you read that right) from the Azzinoth elementals during Illidan's add phase? The tooltip doesn't say anything about percentage damage. Just "hits for 8000 fire damage."
    If you pull them too far from the blades they enrage and will hurt you.

Enrage mechanic, need to tank them in the middle of the circle, if you pull one too far from its blade you're dead.

Quote Originally Posted by Zergal View Post
    Enrage mechanic, need to tank them in the middle of the circle, if you pull one too far from its blade you're dead.
    I want to doubt that as I simply walk up to the blades and start attacking the moment they appear, but I'll test it again next week.
    Last edited by TheWindWalker; 2013-01-03 at 01:06 AM. Reason: as*
    [What's half of minor?]

I want to doubt that as I simply walk up to the blades and start attacking the moment they appear, but I'll test it again next week.
    He is correct, if pulled too far they start hitting like trucks. Just stand in the middle ring and pull them to you.

If you stand on one of the blades, the other will be too far from his own blade.

Deleted

Chi Wave change is awesome, gives a lot more space for SCKing the shit out of parasites for gift procs, ilvl 474 for the record two ilvl 471 fist weapons.
    Last edited by Malthanis; 2013-01-07 at 06:05 PM.