Page 32 of 88 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    I haven't read through the thread much, but has anyone done ToC25 Northrend Beasts? I'd love the pants, figure I'll try it tomorrow when I have time. Tips in the mean time would be rad.
    Mountains rise in the distance stalwart as the stars, fading forever.
    Roads ever weaving, soul ever seeking the hunter's mark.

Only just happened across this thread. My monk is still leveling anyway, few levels for 90.

But having done alot of these as druid, paladin and even rogue in some cases (rogue main so playing about with alot of gear and things there) i've had alot of fun soloing content over the years. Glad this is another i can play with, do have DK to but that seems to be the goto class and i like some fun and a challenge

Gz to those that have done some of the harder stuff, interesting.

Got bored today at home and didnt feel like doing my LFR's for minor upgrades so I decided to start solo'ing as much of the old content as possible. I had already done MC on my Priest so decided to skip it. Cleared both Ruins of Ahn'Qiraj an Temple of Ahn'Qiraj though and had a ton of fun doing Temple.

Probably going to do BWL later tonight and then start working my way through Burning Crusade (completed some of them already though).

I know that at some point I'm going to need to stop being stubborn and use a spec other than Brewmaster though.

Quote Originally Posted by Seibei View Post
    I know that at some point I'm going to need to stop being stubborn and use a spec other than Brewmaster though.
    Actually, you are going to be able to solo with less effort as Brewmaster in WotLK zones for the most part. Depending on the fight, WW might be faster, but BrM can get the job done for the most part up until you start running up against enrage timers.

Deleted
    So far I've only really gone for transmog items, but I might give WotLK bosses a go soon enough.

Solo'd BWL. Razergore is really, really annoying.

Quote Originally Posted by Drarion View Post
    doesnt work as melee, ive tried it. trust me.
    Defintily works since i got the buff from a friendly priest.
    The laser didnt hit me until i screwed up.
    There are also Youtube Vids with that tac.

---------- Post added 2013-02-23 at 01:02 PM ----------

Solo'd BWL. Razergore is really, really annoying.
    Not so much as before the nerf

Quote Originally Posted by Asmalya View Post
    Not so much as before the nerf
    This is very true. And I guess most of my annoyances came from just not having a solid plan. On my 3rd try I figured out why I was failing so hard on the other tries.

10+ Year Old Account
    This is very true. And I guess most of my annoyances came from just not having a solid plan. On my 3rd try I figured out why I was failing so hard on the other tries.
    I find that if you drop channel and heal yourself then rechannel, it solves most of the aggro issues when controlling.
    Mountains rise in the distance stalwart as the stars, fading forever.
    Roads ever weaving, soul ever seeking the hunter's mark.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryngo Blackratchet View Post
    I find that if you drop channel and heal yourself then rechannel, it solves most of the aggro issues when controlling.
    Standing near the orb while controlling the guy will make the spawned adds auto aggro you. So if you start destroying the eggs around you when the ads start to spawn mean noone attacks the drake anyway. Then before the channel ends run away a bit, heal yourself for extra aggro, control razor again and kill the last eggs. Even if you get aggro now the few adds shouldnt come even near on killing razor these days.

Any tips for TBC raids? I know that I've already done Illidan and that whole raid but the others I don't know much about and the "solo guides" on WoWHead are all from 4.x and don't have information since the nerfs to some of the harder bosses.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Asmalya View Post
    Defintily works since i got the buff from a friendly priest.
    The laser didnt hit me until i screwed up.
    There are also Youtube Vids with that tac.[COLOR="red"]
    Doesnt work for Horde* Then.

Cause ive sure as hell tried it atleast 10-15 times and i get killed by lasers without even getting hit by the discs.

Besides, the jumping is really fucking easy. Its just when he activates all the disc shooters that i get mauled.

Quote Originally Posted by Feylor View Post
    Are you horde or alliance? I haven't personally tried it but I've heard that it works for alliance but not horde.
    Horde, armory in sig.

Welp, finished all of Burning Crusade. Onto WotLK I suppose.

Nice, thanks for the guides.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Woo! Finally registered!
    Ayr on Aerie Peak US
    Updated list as of 500 iLevel --- Most done at 486 or below.
    MC
    AQ10
    AQ40
    Mag's Liar
    Gruul
    SSC
    TK
    MH
    BT
    SP (2 b/c of boss mechanics - also, one kill ... got Thori'dal. RNG win!)
    Vault of Archivon
    Naxx 10 Full Clear
    OS3D 10 Man --- 25m is within 10% @500. Will give another go with proper food, and hopefully better RNG.
    End of Eternity 10
    Onyxxia 10 (going to try again for 25 - no range makes it so difficult!) ** Only 25 Solo'd 4/1
    ToC10
    aaaand Ruby Sanctum 10.

Lots of free time this week so might give the BC Raids some attention.
    Last edited by Ayr; 2013-04-01 at 03:17 PM. Reason: Adding more stuff!

Having solo cleared BT nearly since the expac hit for glaives, it scares me that anyone is having troubles with RoS. :\

Attack boss, kick single cast. Nice work guys enjoy the loot.
    Quote Originally Posted by Offhand
    I think this thread proves that in WotLK, not only has being bad and lazy become acceptable, but a defendable position and point of pride for some people.

Quote Originally Posted by Ayr View Post
    Onyxxia 10 (going to try again for 25 - no range makes it so difficult!)
    You said you go with ww.
    So you have Spinning Fire Blossom.
    CJL

And on top you should be able to hit Ony in the air with Spinning Crane Kick.
    More then enough

Quote Originally Posted by Ayr View Post
    Onyxxia 10 (going to try again for 25 - no range makes it so difficult!)
    For 25-man, try Spinning Fire Blossom. My main spec is actually BrM but I swap to WW for Ony25 as Spinning Fire Blossom coupled with Jade Lightning makes the fight SO FAST! Use Expel Harm and Jab/Spinning Crane Kick on the adds that spawn to keep your Chi up and spam the heck out of SFB on Ony, she will fall quickly.
    Monk: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...feroz/advanced
    Druid: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...lhorn/advanced
    When going from a druid to a monk... You have to remember what a mount is... and how to use them...
    And, when going back to a Druid from a monk, you relish in the awesomeness that is Swift Flight Form!

Deleted
    Hello everyone,

The monk is really a wonderful class for the soloing, probably the better after Death Knights and Warlock (So the third better ).

Recently with ilvl 497 :

- Nefarian (492 for him), (last of BWD)
    - Omnotron Defense System Heroic (495)
    - Cho'gall (497, probably the hardest that I ever did)
    - Warlord Zon'ozz

8/12 T11 (Al'akir soon, but he'll probably be extremely weak [with my gear, probably a challenge for a gear 460]) and 1/12 T11 HC (Heroic Magmaw requires more dps, I'll try Heroic BoT next week)
    4/7 T12 (Perhaps Baleroc doable, anyway Ragnaros hits too hard)
    3/8 T13 (I suppose that Heroic Morchok is doable)

I didn't really try BC and WOTLK raids, just Naxx 25 13/15 with ilvl 465, but it was really easy.

Just a link of Cho'gall : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WZsYKAAkHEA

Quote Originally Posted by Wannoob View Post
    Hello everyone,

The monk is really a wonderful class for the soloing, probably the better after Death Knights and Warlock (So the third better ).

Recently with ilvl 497 :

- Nefarian (492 for him), (last of BWD)
    - Omnotron Defense System Heroic (495)
    - Cho'gall (497, probably the hardest that I ever did)
    - Warlord Zon'ozz

8/12 T11 (Al'akir soon, but he'll probably be extremely weak [with my gear, probably a challenge for a gear 460]) and 1/12 T11 HC (Heroic Magmaw requires more dps, I'll try Heroic BoT next week)
    4/7 T12 (Perhaps Baleroc doable, anyway Ragnaros hits too hard)
    3/8 T13 (I suppose that Heroic Morchok is doable)

I didn't really try BC and WOTLK raids, just Naxx 25 13/15 with ilvl 465, but it was really easy.

Just a link of Cho'gall : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WZsYKAAkHEA
    Im sitting in roughly 487 gear. I'm having the toughest time with Magmaw(regular, not heroic). Any suggestions or strat for him particularly? Im trying to duo him with my healing buddy and we just cant seem to get him down and its getting very frustrating. We can do Omnotron. And it almost seems that the trash pulls before each of those two bosses are more difficult. How do ppl solo those without heals? Both my DK and Monk get worked in there without my heal buddy.

Also, trash in BoT is rough as well, any suggestions for them? Not sure how ppl don't mention the trash because like I said, the trash in both BoT and BWD almost, almost seem more difficult then the bosses haha.