Page 38 of 88 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Twinbraid = Guard glyphed / Enduring Healing Spheres Glyph / Fortifying Brew Glyph.
    Obviously, you can choose Dampen Harm to help you a lot. Play with Elusive Brew stacks and just do a perfect CD rotation. 28 mins of pain (or more... or less ).

got it out after flasking and switching to enduring healing spheres

not sure if dampen harm or healing elixirs is better overall for that one

not a fun fight, but once you get the rhythm it's doable

Anyone have some advice for soloing warlord in ds? I just can't beat the enrage. Via rolling I can get like 6-7 stacks of the debuff on him per ball. Any suggestions?

Deleted
    Just make sure to try and get as many stacks as possible at the start. Diffuse magic should be able to cover 2, guard should cover 1-2 as well, fortifying brew should last 4. Pop xuen at 2:15 and 5:15 mark since he will take more damage if you pop him later. Pre-pot and pot again near end. What's your gear like? I did it before and while enrage is not a complete joke, I got him rather easily after getting large stacks on the first ball and then less on next ones.

Quote Originally Posted by Derpette View Post
    Just make sure to try and get as many stacks as possible at the start. Diffuse magic should be able to cover 2, guard should cover 1-2 as well, fortifying brew should last 4. Pop xuen at 2:15 and 5:15 mark since he will take more damage if you pop him later. Pre-pot and pot again near end. What's your gear like? I did it before and while enrage is not a complete joke, I got him rather easily after getting large stacks on the first ball and then less on next ones.
    Cool thanks, my gear should be more than enough (524 i think, altough my gear is optimized for windwalker dps with rune of re-origination, so all secondary stats are around 7K). I'll probably regem aswell for this fight so that my rune gives me more crit instead of mastery.. The problem is probably that 7 stacks were not enough per phase. I'll try to get 10 in the first phase, and then 7 per other phase. Problem was that around 7 stacks I already had a few really close calls at 10% or less hp, but I hadn't used diffuse magic yet. I also did pop xuen at the start, so i'll just wait till 2.15

Deleted
    I actually try him on H, but the ball is the same thing.
    I prefer to chose Dampen Harm on the 8th, 9th and 10th stacks since this CD is always up (Diffuse Magic works, obviously).
    Try to always stacks 10, and to just stack the ball on him about 1-2 secs before enrage since you'll gain time on berserk.
    You can survive to the enrage, really. You can keep your FB for this to help a lot.
    How I do it with Dampen Harm :
    First ball : 10 stacks = Guard at the beginning of the fight to have it for the 5th stack. Dampen Harm for 8th, 9th and 10th stacks.
    Second ball : 10 stacks = FB at 5 stacks and Dampen Harm for the 8th, 9th and 10th stacks.
    Third ball : 10 stacks if you have problems of dps = Dampen Harm when damages become high. (8th, 9th, 10th stacks if possible).
    Fourth ball : 10 stacks if you can = Dampen Harm for the 3 last, as ever, but no FB. More, you can kite the boss to squeeze dps and reduce enrage survival timer.
    Enrage : Immediatly use FB while he starts attacking, you should have 20 secs of survival which allow you to destroy the boss.
    Ball ticks for 450k at the 10th stack on Heroic, I don't remember on normal difficulty but it appears as something like 250/300k.

bleh, cho'gall is a pain

always seem to get at least 10 corruption in phase 1

600k hp is my closest so far, so frustrating

Quote Originally Posted by Cartho View Post
    Did pathwerk 25 today as Brewm, wasn't hard but got hairy at one point ( mainly because I forgot all his trash pulls as well if you dont kil it, OOOOOPS).
    Gluth seems impossible tho unless you get creative. As windwalker sustaining 120k single target I couldn't burst through his heals. Got him into the 50s but by the time he killed me he was back to 68% ish.

Anyone had any luck with gluth 25?
    Refering to Gluth 25man. I recorded my kill this week and it is currently uploading. I will post the link asap with the talent build used. Pretty fun fight x) very...button mashy

---------- Post added 2013-05-20 at 11:01 PM ----------

Gluth 25 solo kill (526 ilvl non roro build)
    unfortunately im unable to post links yet, so if you want a link to the kill vid email me at shamanearth(at)gmail(dot)com
    (will be up approx at 11:00 pm PST)

*talents*
    Chi wave
    Ascension
    charging ox(any stun works)
    healing elixirs* (must)
    xuen

get agro on adds asap, use fortifying/karma on cd, dont mess up rotation like i did x)

Just recently switched to my brewmaster late this teir. Did LK and ultraxion in 3-4 attempts each. 543 ilvl, no meta.

So I went for LK 25man HC as a mistweaver. I was so wrong about many things, for example survival is so much harder than expected, unlike tanks, shamblings and LK can crit us, which means hits for ~250k or more and that's nasty with occasional silences and/or Soul Reaper. Even reaching the last phase wasn't as easy as expected so I went for a safe tactic during his mid phase, which is of course huge waste of DPS but at least I was able to hit the enrage and not dying before (LK was about 30% hp, still ridiculously high).

Taking my gear in consider, I would say Reglitch might be able to hit 20% or slightly less IF he can DPS only LK and survive all the shamblings and haunting spirits (killing them is out of option, our AoE is pathetic and our cleave is simply not enough). In 5.4, it should be quite killable tho.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Xenerix View Post
    So I went for LK 25man HC as a mistweaver. I was so wrong about many things, for example survival is so much harder than expected, unlike tanks, shamblings and LK can crit us, which means hits for ~250k or more and that's nasty with occasional silences and/or Soul Reaper. Even reaching the last phase wasn't as easy as expected so I went for a safe tactic during his mid phase, which is of course huge waste of DPS but at least I was able to hit the enrage and not dying before (LK was about 30% hp, still ridiculously high).

Taking my gear in consider, I would say Reglitch might be able to hit 20% or slightly less IF he can DPS only LK and survive all the shamblings and haunting spirits (killing them is out of option, our AoE is pathetic and our cleave is simply not enough). In 5.4, it should be quite killable tho.

Do you have a WoL for these attempts? One thing I'm noticing is you don't have a legendary meta gem, could see the tank one being very useful when you're being hit by so many adds.

Still missing 4 Secrets of Empire for legendary meta gem so I hope I'll have it this week. Sadly, I don't have logs from these attempts but I can probably printscreen detailed Skada results (dmg done adds/lk percentage ratio, dmg taken, etc.) for you if you want to.

Anyway, I find this particular encounter very enjoyable because the challenging aspect is mostly HPS/DPS rather than some annoying mechanism (Yogg 25, Thorim 25). I'll probably give it a shot with ilvl 600 cloak again and more importantly full crit reforge (btw. for raw damage int gems or crit gems?) and maybe even a bit more spirit (as I have 3,4% parry chance from boss with around 8k of spirit right now).

Deleted
    Is there anywhere that is kept up to date with the current status of bosses which have been solo'd and those that haven't? (Specifically for BrM)

I'm interested in seeing which are the more challenging.

10+ Year Old Account
    Stupid question, im looking for a good soloer, monks use dps gear for solo like dk?.

Thanks

ps: sorry my english

Quote Originally Posted by Coldbeer View Post
    Stupid question, im looking for a good soloer, monks use dps gear for solo like dk?.

Thanks

ps: sorry my english
    Yes. Monks tanking gear is the same as their DPS gear, just different stat priorities. You can use the same set for both DPS and Solo BrM but I've found it's better to have a second set in terms of reforging.

Quote Originally Posted by Dakara View Post
    Yes. Monks tanking gear is the same as their DPS gear, just different stat priorities. You can use the same set for both DPS and Solo BrM but I've found it's better to have a second set in terms of reforging.
    An extension to that, what yields the highest DPS increase, is it crit or haste? (After going for hit/exp cap of course)

10+ Year Old Account
    Thanks Dakara, i have heirlooms for a monk or a feral and having hard time deciding between monk or druid for solo, i have no time to play and do lots and lots of dailys again and want only 1 for my main, i gonna start a monk now.

PS: english fail again :P, but im trying xD

Quote Originally Posted by Lushious View Post
    An extension to that, what yields the highest DPS increase, is it crit or haste? (After going for hit/exp cap of course)
    It depends on your ilvl really.

I don't tank raids, and only do LFR for gear so my ilvl's ~508. I was running a full BrM forged set for soloing, but many pieces were still 476/483ilvl and found it was better to use the 502+ gear in my WW set and have some pieces overlap... slowly I'm getting a T15 LFR BrM full set.

Anyway, my BrM/WW hybrid gear sits ~7k haste with 30% crit and about 13% expertise. Even with Ascension, I feel my haste is too low when solo, but if I prioritize it over crit, then I end up ~8.5k haste as WW which is waaaay too much. Can never use FoF or Energizing brew without energy capping.

So from my experience, I reckon Haste still has value over crit for soloing, but in terms of raw DPS, I think Crit trumps out haste, but if you're purely after DPS to push over a solo encounter, the you may aswell go WW. More haste as BrM give you more energy which is more survival combined with DPS.

Quote Originally Posted by Coldbeer View Post
    Thanks Dakara, i have heirlooms for a monk or a feral and having hard time deciding between monk or druid for solo, i have no time to play and do lots and lots of dailys again and want only 1 for my main, i gonna start a monk now.

Yea I'd be inclined to go Monk over Feral. Purely because I don't like Resto or Balance playstyle. That being said, I don't like BrM as a Tank spec either, but I love it for solo.
    Last edited by Dakara; 2013-05-29 at 09:34 PM.

Question for all you Mistweaver's out there.... Are there any bosses that you can't solo as MW or WW that force you into BrM? Or for you BrM out there who don't have a WW offspec, how do you find dailies?

I'm crying out for Tri-Spec at the moment. MW is my PvP spec of Choice, and I bounce between MW & WW in PvE (less so now with the change loot spec option). I do dailies as WW, and farm Isle of Giants as BrM, aswell as solo the harder raid content as BrM.

Getting sick to death of re-speccing but can't decide if I should stick with a WW/MW setup, MW/BrM, or just PvP as WW, keep BrM as the offspec and let MW die.

Not asking "What should I play" just looking for peoples experiences with soloing harder raid bosses as MW instead of BrM, and/or how those without a WW spec find the daily grind. I've just capped conquest and if I end up dumping MW, don't want want to waste the points!

Cheers

Deleted
    Depends on what kind of content you're looking at, but really hard bosses such as T11 heroics aren't doable as MW currently.