Page 52 of 88 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by mjolnrir View Post
    If you try soloing it you will always become a vampire for once bitten twice shy. Its how not to become 1 which is the problem. For portal jockey you basically have to heal the dragon up before the portals spawn since else 6 portals spawn and you cant enter all of them. I think you need roughly 130k hps single target to heal her up intime
    I read somewhere that you can heal the dragon up with Zen Sphere without actually starting the encounter; it just takes a few minutes to do so. And last minute before she reaches full you can start the encounter and finish her off. Haven't tried this myself so need some kind of confirmation on this but it might be worth a shot?

Quote Originally Posted by Imbalanced View Post
    Has anyone had luck on soloing sha of anger?
    I tried and the damage is insanely low but I dont see how it will ever be possible since he mcs you and it resets the fight

Quote Originally Posted by Pigeotto View Post
    I read somewhere that you can heal the dragon up with Zen Sphere without actually starting the encounter; it just takes a few minutes to do so. And last minute before she reaches full you can start the encounter and finish her off. Haven't tried this myself so need some kind of confirmation on this but it might be worth a shot?
    Haven't heard that with Zen Sphere, but def. Healing Sphere.

Quote Originally Posted by nightstalkerr View Post
    I'd love to solo malygos but the drake fase seems impossible, any help on that would be great!
    1,1,2,3 .. 1,1,2,3 .. will kill him without problems. Just don't stand in the fire!

Deleted
    Yogg25 +0 is super easy as windwalker due to the insanity bug. Just thought I'd give it a try and one shot it.

Quote Originally Posted by Shedi View Post
    Yogg25 +0 is super easy as windwalker due to the insanity bug. Just thought I'd give it a try and one shot it.
    Oh rlly? What ilevel are you? And whats this insanity bug?

On a slightly different topic, has any1 tried stone guards normal since the patch? I found my dps had dropped about 60k even with much better gear because of the vengeance nerf. Would like to hear other peoples thoughts

@Shedi - mind sharing some details? I'd really appreciate them.

@mjolnrir - try using RJW - this might do miracles to your dps.

Deleted
    Since patch 5.4 the attack Sara does in p2 doesn't reduce your sanity anymore, so you'll stay at 100 sanity. What I did was just kill the tentacles in p2 and then try to kill the brain in one portal wave, don't use cooldowns/TEB on it though. I actually fucked up and didn't kill it in one wave, so I just stood out for like 2 more portal waves to kill all tentacles that spawned, and only after they were all gone I went in the portal again.

When p3 starts there should be one Crusher and one Corruptor tentacle up, just pop a clone on both of them and zerg the boss like crazy (Drums of War, pot, 20 TEB stacks, Xuen). Beforehand I thought it would be hard with the adds overwhelming me, but I never dropped below 90% health before he was down. It might be my gear (552 ilvl), but it didn't seem very tight. Xuen also cleaves the adds down while he's up, so they don't hit for anything. The only thing that might be annoying is when the boss starts healing from Empowering Shadows (for me he died before he cast it). If your DPS is really low you should move out of melee range when he casts it to avoid him getting the healing.

My dps is not awesome but hopefully my gear will make up for me being tank ms. Plus I plan on doing it with my gf so it shouldn't be an issue. Thanks a lot

- - - Updated - - -

Ok, guess I need a bit of help here. We managed to get to the third phase. However I might have problem with some mechanics here.

a)As dps + dps we were both awefully slowed (60%) and we didnt manage to kill him in time.
    b)When I tried to solo him I got grabbed by the tentacle in p2 and we died being squeezed.
    c)How exactly empowered shadows work? If e.x. I get adds close to me (and boss) and I get announce that guardians got shadow becon would my roll skill be enough to get them off the healing range? (And I guess I can't get close to him for the reminder of encouner, right?)

Thanks for the help

a.) The thing slowing you is the corrupter tentacle. Kill those quickly. You may be able to nimble brew/tiger's lust of of them.
    b.) You can still attack while gripped. If SCK doesn't kill the gripping tentacle instantly, try crackling jade lightning.
    c.) Empowered shadows puts a healing beacon on an add. After ~5 seconds, that add and everything in roughly a 20 yard radius gets healed for a decent chunk of hp. Once the heal goes out though, you're perfectly safe to drag the mob back next to the boss. I doubt roll will be enough distance though.

10+ Year Old Account
    For handling corruptor tentacle debuffs:
    - interrupt/ring of peace Apathy where possible
    - if you get Apathy on you, it can be dropped once per 1.5 min with Diffuse Magic
    - use reg dispells for the poison and disease
    - the curse is undispellable for us, but it is only inc damage, no impairing effects

For handling constrictor tentacles:
    - SCK
    - Chi Wave
    - Lightning

I've worked out a plan recently with my DK guildie that I help him get his Invincible (I already got mine and he is too lazy to make a proper blood spec) as long as he helps me get Mimi's Head, so I don't have to worry too much about soloing now.

Quote Originally Posted by Pigeotto View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Artaius View Post
    Haven't heard that with Zen Sphere, but def. Healing Sphere.
    yeah, i've done it with healing sphere as a WW but it took like 45 minutes rather than just a few minutes. I did get the portal jockey achieve though.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by saltdoc View Post
    yeah, i've done it with healing sphere as a WW but it took like 45 minutes rather than just a few minutes. I did get the portal jockey achieve though.
    It's a bit easier now with the patch. Spec brewmaster, un-equip gear, re-equip gear, spam expel harm (glyphed obviously) on valithria. Yay for new glyphs!

Thanks for the Yog tips, we'll try it today once I get back from work

yeh same here :P wanted to do it last night but i had raiding so tonight yoggy is going down !

Deleted
    I want to test Yogg too, but how do you kill Thorim solo ?

Quote Originally Posted by Votu View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Silorn View Post
    It's a bit easier now with the patch. Spec brewmaster, un-equip gear, re-equip gear, spam expel harm (glyphed obviously) on valithria. Yay for new glyphs!
    Can you do it w/o aggroing/starting the encounter?

Quote Originally Posted by Frozenbeef View Post
    I'm soloing icc for the frost wyrm however I'm stuck on two achievements on my mistweaver
    1. once bitten twice shy- how do you become a vampire and the second portal jockey- i don't see any portals >.<

also i tried to solo ulduar however the first event is really exhausting having to solo all that is there anyway to quickly do it ?

Did you solo 'I've been waiting a long time for this?'

That's the only achievement I've needed for the drake since WOTLK lol.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Votu View Post
    Soloing Thorim is pretty annoying, but here's the rundown:
    0. Create the following macro:
    /cast Provoke
    /cast Flying Serpent Kick
    1. Defeat the trash in the arena.
    2. Pull the lever and enter the gauntlet, place your Transendence spirit at the start of the gauntlet.
    3. Quickly move to the Rune Golem, pull it, and run back out of the gauntlet to the arena (be quick, if you take too long the failure ball of lightning will kill you).
    4. Don't kill the Rune Golem. When the trash respawns, kill all of them except for the captain (or any one add, doesn't matter which).
    5. Transcendence teleport through the closed gate. The last trash add and the Golem will follow you.
    6. Kill the Golem at the gate from where you pulled him. This gate should now open.
    7. Move up the stairs and kill the second Rune Giant. The last gate should now open.
    8. Move towards Thorim (~20 yards away, don't go closer or he'll bug out) and kill the last trash add. The encounter will now 'start'.
    9. Use your macro right when Sif yells her first line in the chat. If you time it right, Thorim will jump down and you can kill him. If you're 1 second too late, the ball of lightning will instantly kill you. If you're 1 second too early, he'll bug out and despawn. Timing this might take a couple of tries.

Thorim is a shit encounter to solo, but I can almost always kill him on the first try of the week. If you just want to farm Yogg, I suggest you park a 13/14 save on an alt, which you can extend every week (you need a friend in the instance though).

Deleted
    Roughly what Ilvl is needed to solo uld 25 including hardmodes? (ww or brm). Love the leather set but I only just hit 90 and feel like it will be out of my league for a while